Remote Access for CRM 3.0 Sales for Outlook

I'm using Outlook with RPC over HTTP and I'm looking for a good way to use
CRM 3.0 for Laptops over the web.  I'd like to avoid VPN at this stage and
it's vital that these sync up often because we are using the service module
heavily.  I would also like to get it to run on PC's not joined to the
domain.  Does anyone have any tips for doing either of these?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

The app does not work with an RPC over HTTP connecion.  There is more to it
than just the Exchange connection as the app needs to communicate with the
CRM Server as well.  You might be able to figure it out, but there would be
a lot of ports needed to be opened to get it working.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"Jeremy" <Jeremy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I'm using Outlook with RPC over HTTP and I'm looking for a good way to use
CRM 3.0 for Laptops over the web.  I'd like to avoid VPN at this stage and
it's vital that these sync up often because we are using the service module
heavily.  I would also like to get it to run on PC's not joined to the
domain.  Does anyone have any tips for doing either of these?

0
Matt
11/19/2005 3:15:34 AM
I'm well aware that it doens't do http over rpc but my small business
accounting for example will use a tcp/ip connection over the net to operate
so in theory the crm should be able to do the same - I just haven't figured
out the trick to it.  I have a test server with no firewall for testing this
so it's not a port issue.

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> The app does not work with an RPC over HTTP connecion.  There is more to it
> than just the Exchange connection as the app needs to communicate with the
> CRM Server as well.  You might be able to figure it out, but there would be
> a lot of ports needed to be opened to get it working.
>
> --
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>

> "Jeremy" <Jeremy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm using Outlook with RPC over HTTP and I'm looking for a good way to use
> CRM 3.0 for Laptops over the web.  I'd like to avoid VPN at this stage and
> it's vital that these sync up often because we are using the service module
> heavily.  I would also like to get it to run on PC's not joined to the
> domain.  Does anyone have any tips for doing either of these?

Yes, but you accounting software probably isn't using integrated security
either.  You might be able to get the required ports open to your CRM
server, but the end result will be so many holes in your firewall that you
would no longer have a secure environment.  I would not recommend trying
this.

--

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> The app does not work with an RPC over HTTP connecion.  There is more to
it
> than just the Exchange connection as the app needs to communicate with the
> CRM Server as well.  You might be able to figure it out, but there would
be
> a lot of ports needed to be opened to get it working.
>
> --
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>

> "Jeremy" <Jeremy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm using Outlook with RPC over HTTP and I'm looking for a good way to use
> CRM 3.0 for Laptops over the web.  I'd like to avoid VPN at this stage and
> it's vital that these sync up often because we are using the service
module
> heavily.  I would also like to get it to run on PC's not joined to the
> domain.  Does anyone have any tips for doing either of these?

0
Matt

Crystal Reports not showing in 3.0
We've installed CRM 3.0 and finally got the SQL Reporting Service working. We can now click on reports without getting an error message. However, there are no reports displaying. Is there some additional setup that we need to do? I understand there is supposed to be like 150 canned reports. Where are they? Please help! Can anyone tell me how the canned reports get installed and where they are located? What database? "Barbi Dorin" wrote: > We've installed CRM 3.0 and finally got the SQL Reporting Service working. We > can now click on reports without getting an ...

Exchange for remote users/offices
Up to this point i've used SBS 2003 with POP3 (using Popbeamer)...the reason i chose this from the get go was because we have about 15 users here on site and about another 20 that are scattered across the globe. I didn't want to be in charge of mail for those that weren't here remotely, so figured just using the POP3 route was the way to go. Well, i'm preparing to move to SBS 2008 and REALLY want to set it up as a true Exchange server hosing the mail. But, again, am not sure i want to deal with the other 20 users if i don't have to. So, is there a way to set up ...

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

pop3 #3
My outlook express hasnt been working since I got my new Dell computer. It says that the "POP3" isnt connected so i cant receive or send e-mail!!! HELP!! How do i fix this problem? I've tried calling Dell and Microsoft and have waited hours on the phone and have not gotten any assistance! Who is your ISP/mail host? Seems like you might want to contact them for support. I presume you can get to the Internet just fine.... rose wrote: > My outlook express hasnt been working since I got my new > Dell computer. It says that the "POP3" isnt connected so > i ca...

Crash on 'Send"

Copy entire row where CellValue=0

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Excel not Access