refresh Workplace screen or notify when new email

Our users are complaining that they don't know when new email comes into CRM.
 Has anybody found a good workaround?  Maybe an automatic screen refresh or
some sort of notification?  I'd appreciate any ideas.  Thanks.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

printed product is different than on screen
Microsoft Publisher- I have formed a rectangle and set the color to be "0% transparent to 100% transparent" which creates a fade to nothing look. Well, when I print it, it is not transparent at all. It is a completely colored in rectangle. I have put it on CD and taken to Kinko's and the same thing happens. It's not the printer and probably not the program (Word does it too). Any suggestions? Please help if possible. Fact of life when not printing to an inkjet printer. There are various work arounds, but it depends what you have to do. -- The US should free all those ille...

Email archiving #3
Can anyone suggest a product that can archive an email item based on its content such as SSN, credit card number, keywords, etc? We currently use a product to archive mail based on retention/age of item to manage mailbox sizes, and now have been asked to look into journaling. However, management doesn't seem to understand that journaling captures everything. They only want to capture the "important" stuff and keep the junk out... Are there any products out there that can do this while also taking the control out of the users hand? SilverICE <SilverICE@discussions.mi...

Can't import winmail emails into outlook (2000)
A Brief Preamble... I searched for info on this problem. I couldn't find any on target, though I'm sure it's there, somewhere. I recently upgraded to Vista and discovered that winmail doesn't have an address book, as such, and doesn't permit the use of address folders like I had in Outlook Express. Why not? I don't know why such a basically useful--and, in my case, an essential feature--was abandoned. Anyway I really do need it, so I bought a copy of Office 2000 in order to get Outlook (which has the old faithful address book). I then installed and update...

Transferring to new desktop
I need some help on transferring saved data from outlook express from my laptop to my desktop. I do not have a cd to write to on my laptop and I am not networked. I do have dsl for internet. Please help Doug This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name. However, perhaps the link(s) below can give you some information. Outlook express uses *.dbx files for storage. OE Backup, free backup utility http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/backup/ For other Outlook Expres...

How to get BCC line back into my email as a default
I have just reinstalled my O/S (2000 Pro) and lost a lot of my settings. I can't find out how to get the BCC line back into my email format and I would like that set as the default for all my email correspondence. Also am unsure how to put a VCard signature into my email - had it all set up before, but can't remember how I did it. Thanks! MuckyBeast <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have just reinstalled my O/S (2000 Pro) and lost a lot > of my settings. I can't find out how to get the BCC line > back into my email format and I would like tha...

Links, and New Computer HELP!!!!
I am in the process of installing a new server to replace our very old one. The CEO of the company has requested the server name be changed to something more representive of what it is (Currently it is MAX, he wants it to be HSERVER). The problem we have is with Excel files, And Access databases. Many (over 1000) of the Excel files have linked tables to other excel files, and the Access database(s) all have linked tables to forms in these excel files. I didn't set the excel and access system up, so I don't have detailed information on it. I moved the files to the new server ...

Scheduling an email message
Is there a way to setup a mail message in Outlook that then gets sent on a recurring basis. For example, a weekly reminder to a team to turn in paperwork that is due every Tuesday. The email would be automatically sent every Monday afternoon. I found where I can delay a message, but not make the message resend on a schedule. Thanks in advance, Don That can be done by means of an add-in; http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Schedule-Recurring-Email.asp?Source=RS If you decide to order use "BH93RF24" to get a discount or http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/email_scheduler/ If ...

Outlook v7
There seems to be a problem with my Outlookv7 - whenever I retrieve email, they are sent to Junk mail folder, and not the InBox. What could be causing this? Thanks for any insights. Charliec Hard to tell with this level of details. Verify your Junk E-mail settings in; Tools-> Options...-> button Junk E-mail... Also check if you have any rules configured which might cause this; Tools-> Rules and Alerts... If you have a 3rd party Junk Email filter installed, also check the settings for that. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Out...

Please develop capability to insert screenshots into CRm emails
CRM email does not have the ability to insert screenshots as you can in Outllook email client. I would appreciate if anyone knows of workaround or product that can do this. We can lose a very large opportunity because of this limitation. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" i...

Re: New users added to the Restore store NOT the Default store
Bill - I have never seen this behavior before - how are you creating the users? If you are creating them through ADUC, is the mailbox location defaulting to the store in your recovery storage group or some other restore store? - Genevieve Orchard -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "William Datlenko" <bill@pccw.net> wrote in message > news:Oyptqx6JEHA.2692@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > > When I now add a new user to the SBS2003 server, the user is being added > the > > Restore store not the Default store. T...

Pivot Tables
[Excel 2003] I have a question regarding the activation of pivot table refreshes from a userform. I tried to use the following code in a command button without success: ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PovotTableName").RefreshTable I think the code doesnt work because the userform is in another sheet to the pivot table, however I need this to be the case since I have 10 different sheets, each with a different pivot table. Can anyone help ? Roger, Always worth looking in the VBA helpfile which gives good direction on both questions. Try following & see i...

new Email goes to inbox archive folder, outlook 2010
Hi New Email goes to the ARCHIVE inbox folder and not the persional inbox folder. How can I make new mail go to the persional inbox folder? Thanks. jjnotme wrote: > New Email goes to the ARCHIVE inbox folder and not the persional > inbox folder. How can I make new mail go to the persional inbox > folder? You have a rule or add-on doing that. Only you can look in Outlook to see what rules you defined or what add-ons you installed. What folder is selected for delivery for that account? Do you have any rules? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook...

PUBLISHER,layout is landscape on screen, prints out portrait.
The basic layout of page/paper are followed for the setting up of landscape orientation type documents. The image is correctly indicated on the screen. However,when printed out they are always in portrait form. This also applies to set landscape formats within the PUBLISHER templates. Hope you can assist. Did you check your printer settings? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Photogroup" <Photogroup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA277959-6C5F-4D7D-AB25-390CC4277D9E@microsoft...

import email messages from outlook express to outlook 2003
Hello, I want to import email messages from outlook express dbx to outlook 2003. I found that the actual email addresses of email headers shown in outlook express can not be imported. Therefore, inside Outlook 2003, I found email headers left only the name of sender and receipient, this is particularly obvious with quoted messages of forwarded or replied email. Now I just keep Outlook Express messages there, as the email addresses in header is critical for us. Do you have any idea on solving this issue? Thanks for your sharing in advance. Regards, Dennis it@andrewliu.com.hk <it@...

New Sheet Macro Name Creator
I'm working on a log of sorts that will constantly be gaining ne sheets. All the sheets (when blank) are based on a hidden sheet calle (in all my cleverness) BlankSheet. I have set up a small form on the main sheet (really it's only a singl cell and a button to activate the macro) so that I enter the name int the cell, click the button and it runs a macro that unhides BlankSheet copies it to the end (the end result is titled -BlankSheet (2)- ) th macro then copies the Value from the designated cell (cell C1 in m sheet) and pastes it as the name of the new sheet (the one title -BlankSh...

the address returned from "new" statement is 4-byte aligned?
Hi i'm using intel P4. when I write the statement like char *p=new char[512] what's the p value, is it aligned by 4 bytes? that's is p%4==0? and, now I'm using the Intel SSE2 instruction to do some fast algorthm, some instructions I need to move data from memory to XMM0 registers(which is 128 bits) should be be aligned on 16-byte boundaries. so, how can use these Instructions when I should take some operations on data just "new" on the heap. Is there any suggestions to solve this problems? thanks It is likely; in fact, it is probably true that p%8==0. But tha...

How to assure Email service with Exchange server?
Moving from public mail hosting server to own Exchange 2007 server. How to assure 24/7 Email uptime - when it's not economic to keep another spare server? Perhaps to keep old public server as backup? Then is it enough just to keep a public hosting server MX records pointing to our SBS 2008 Exchange server and second record to hosting mail server? How does it's expected to work, when or server is unreachable - are all emails gathered to hosting mailbox and forwarded instantly to Exchange server when our server availability is restored? And during our server downtime, a...

Loss of outbound email deliver
SBS 2003 Premium with all service packs installed. Our users are currently receiving email from the Internet but are no longer able to send email to the Internet. Email within the domain is routing properly. NDR - This message was rejected due to the current administrative policy by the destination server. Please retry at a later time. If that fails, contact your system administrator. <mail.xxxxxxxxxxx.ca #4.3.2>. If we attempt to send a sample email to a "hotmail" address then the email ends up sitting in the queue ... SmallBusiness SMTP Connector - hotmail.com(SM...

CRM email template question
I need to create a email template in HTML format. I put the html commands in the email the message shows up with the html commands in the body. The only editing the template will let you do is font color and size. Where are the email templates stored on the CRM server so that I may edit them there? I need to send out an email with images and links and stuff like that. Thanks for your help. You need to cut and paste the html. "billy dodson" <billy@pmicromart.com> wrote in message news:1d8de01c423c6$15f1c740$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I need to create a email template...

Problem with email 07-09-10
Out of nowhere I am now getting this message when I try to send or receive email I have never seen this before and have never had to do this before. Wants my usernane and password. Account: 'Sues Home', Server: 'pop.charter.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR mail storage services unavailable, wait a few minutes and try again.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 Contact your ISP. It is probably a temporary glitch on their end. steve "sue darrow" <suedarrow@discussions.microsoft.com...

Outlook email attachments displaying in name order?
When opening an email with multiple Word document attachments is there a way to display the attachments in name order? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Annabel Hurdman <A.Hurdman@btinternet.com> wrote: > When opening an email with multiple Word document attachments is > there a way to display the attachments in name order? > > Your help would be greatly appreciated. They should display in the order the sender attached them. -- Brian Tillman No they don't. I attach them in name order from Word. The client then opens the email and they are not in the same...

How to switch off Outlook2003 out-going warning messages? (Or get Access to use a different email client??)
Outlook2003 + Access2003 under WindowsXP Pro Hi We have a customer list of over 20,000. We are trying to use Access to generate emails in Outlook. The problem we have is that Outlook doesn't like having other programs in this case Access generating AND SENDING emails. It generates a warning message for each and EVERY email saying: "A program is trying to automatically send emails on your behalf" ... "do you want to allow this - it may be a virus" i.e. If we are to sent out 20,000 emails we'd have to click "...

Can Multiple emails = Multiple inboxes?
I just decided to use Live mail and I set up 3 gmail accounts. Now I want to see 3 "Local Folders" (one for each account) that has its own inbox, outbox etc. Now for some reason it just lumps everything together in one mailbox. Without an obvious choice on weather or not to do so. Is there a way I can have my separate mailboxes for each email? (without rules) This NG is for Vista - Windows Mail, which puts all mail from all accounts into one Inbox without use of rules. If you are using Windows Live Mail and referring to "Quick Views", the NG for it is a...

Auditing enable new and old values
Hello I have been able to enable Directory service access to a particular OU which I wanted to be audited however I cannot see what changes have been done, I mean the old and new values when I check the security logs, for example if an admin changes the telephone number of a user with a pc in the same OU. Am I missing some setting pls ... Thank you -- aconti ------------------------------------------------------------------------ aconti's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/73272.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/active-directory/1279192.htm ...

Problems with Office Project Server after Migration to new Domain
Hello everybody, at first some system details: - Win2003 R2 Standard 32Bit Server - Office Project Server 2007 - SQL Server 2005 - SharePoint Services 3.0 - W2k8 Domain We've migrated our Project-Server some time ago to a new domain: - Old Domain: INTERN - New Domain: COMPANY We've used this tutorial from Brian Smith for the migration: http://blogs.msdn.com/brismith/archive/2009/06/22/project-server-2007-migration-from-one-domain-to-another.aspx We had no problems with the migration and we carefully moved over the old project-serviceaccounts from the old to the...