Referrals for Opportunities

So has anyone seen an add-on that would allow a client to track who
was the referral on a particular opportunity.  I've seen multiple
many-to-many relationship managers (iParties, Green Beacon etc.) but
all of them relate an account with another account or contact.  I want
to relate an opportunity with an account or contact...  any ideas?

Alternatively, any thoughts on an easy way of doing this?

Thanks,
Nick
0
nick
2/2/2004 7:35:27 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

That is a great question, I would love a solution for this as well if anyone
has one.

Victoria

"Nick" <nick@vorafamily.com> wrote in message
> So has anyone seen an add-on that would allow a client to track who
> was the referral on a particular opportunity.  I've seen multiple
> many-to-many relationship managers (iParties, Green Beacon etc.) but
> all of them relate an account with another account or contact.  I want
> to relate an opportunity with an account or contact...  any ideas?
>
> Alternatively, any thoughts on an easy way of doing this?
>
> Thanks,
> Nick

0
Victoria
2/2/2004 8:46:29 PM
Ignore it - iParties and Green Beacon etc. all allow for relationships
at the Opportunity level - thanks.

nick@vorafamily.com (Nick) wrote in message news:<7de77b1c.0402021135.341d1b96@posting.google.com>...
> So has anyone seen an add-on that would allow a client to track who
> was the referral on a particular opportunity.  I've seen multiple
> many-to-many relationship managers (iParties, Green Beacon etc.) but
> all of them relate an account with another account or contact.  I want
> to relate an opportunity with an account or contact...  any ideas?
>
> Alternatively, any thoughts on an easy way of doing this?
>
> Thanks,
> Nick
0
nick
2/2/2004 9:54:45 PM
Opportunities has a tab called other contacts so you can track any other
contacts related to the opportunity such as if another person referred it to
you etc

"Victoria Yudin" <victoria@flex-solutions.com> wrote in message
> That is a great question, I would love a solution for this as well if
anyone
> has one.
>
> Victoria
>

> "Nick" <nick@vorafamily.com> wrote in message
> > So has anyone seen an add-on that would allow a client to track who
> > was the referral on a particular opportunity.  I've seen multiple
> > many-to-many relationship managers (iParties, Green Beacon etc.) but
> > all of them relate an account with another account or contact.  I want
> > to relate an opportunity with an account or contact...  any ideas?
> >
> > Alternatively, any thoughts on an easy way of doing this?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Nick

0
John

Mapping opportunity product to quote product
I've got some custom attributes in the Opportunity product and quote product to hold some extra information regarding the customer's quote.Write-In Products isn't an option. The problem is, when I convert the Opportunity to a quote, the information in the custom attributes of the Opportunity Product do not get passed over to the Quote Product. I searched this question here and I found out that there was a KB article from Microsoft about this problemen ( http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914921 ) But this only applies to CRM 3.0 and I am using CRM 4.0 Can anyone help me wit...

Problem to create a quote from an opportunity
Hi! I have a strange problem when I try to create a quote from an opportunity. It works ok when the opportunity has no or only one relationships (with contact). But if the opportunity has more than one relationships ( with contacts). I got an error message "The Microsoft CRM server is unavailable". Is there anyone knows why? Thank you very much in advance! Hi! Is there anyone knows this problem? Thank you very much! "Miranda" wrote: > Hi! I have a strange problem when I try to create a quote from an > opportunity. It works ok when the opportunity has no or ...

How to set default Opportunity field values upon Lead conversion
When a Lead is converted to an Opportunity, I want the default value of closeprobablity to be set to 25% and rating to be set to cold (3). I have added Jscript code to the onchange event for the rating attribute in the Opportunity Form to handle connecting these attributes values. I have set the default value for rating to be cold (3) at the attribute level -- however; converting the Lead doesn't set the rating to cold. The only thing I find my search of this site is a "suggestion" for MS made in 8/06. Any other ideas as to what is the best way to set these attribute d...

Opportunity & Opportunity Product
I've the following problem: I've linked two lookupfields to two different custom entities in the opportunity entity (many to one relationships). When I want to add products to this opportunity I want the values in the lookup fields in the opportunity entity mapped to the opportunity products and also have many to one relationships to the same custom entities from the opportunity products entitiy. Can somebody help me with this issue and suggest what to do? Have you added the realtionships to OpportunityPorduct yet? Once you do that, you can edit tha mapping between Opportun...

Sharing of opportunity
I change the manager of an existing user, (not in the same tree of BU- a business requirement). Now I need to share the existing opportunities with the new manager of the user. I did not find any event in change manager sequence where I can use my callout. I have checked it with postassign. Can anybody tell me what could be the solution for this? An opportunity can only be owned by a single CRM user at any one time through its single ownership field, it cannot be shared between multiple users. Ownership has to be transferred for another user to act upon the opportunity. ...

Can Sales Process Stage appear in Opportunities View ?
I created a Sales Process Workflow (Manual) and would like to see the stage that each opportunity is at when looking at the "My Opportunities" View (or any other Opp. view). Is this possible? Thanks in advance. Yes, you can insert the stepname attribute to a view, which contains the current sales stage name. -- Michael Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx ---------------------------------------------------------- "Pezman" <Pezman@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:04A65C7E-4D4E-44CD-999D-62A49...

Opportunities
I am getting error after i am adding new opportunity. Is someone has any idea why I get this error ? MSCRM Application Error Report: ---------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------- Error Message: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code ...

Filter Default on the Opportunities Associated View?
Does anyone know how to change the filter default on the Opportunities Associated View? Within Accounts, it defaults to "Open"... and I would like to change the default to "All". Any ideas? Don't know if you've already solved this but here's the answer: Go to "Settings" and then "Customization" and then "Customize Entities". Doubleclick the entity you want to change eg. "Opportunities" Then click "Forms and Views" on the left and click the view you want to be the default so that the row is selected. Cli...

Extra data in Opportunity Close dialog
Hello all, I'm in the midst of trying to make CRM somewhat useful for our business model. One thing in particular is in opportunity tracking. We've added an extra field to the Opportunity table for projected margin on an opportunity (as well as projected revenue). However, I can't figure out how to add "actual margin" to the form that's presented when an opportunity is closed. Does anybody have any suggestions as to how to go about this? Thanks, Dylan Vanderhoof Sr. Software Developer Semaphore Corporation Hi Llarian, I don't think that you can "legall...

Prepending text in the topic of an opportunity via Workflow
Hi I want to be be able to display the Account Name for the Opportunity in the Topic of the Opportunity without the user having to type it in. Thus, I would like the user to be able to type in a Topic eg My Demo Opportunity for the Account Test Account, but when the account is saved for workflow to update this Test Account***My Demo Opportunity. I have been playing about with slugs, but have not got them to substitute properly yet. Any ideas? Thanks Gill Opsis www.opsis.com.au Gill, How is the opportunity being created? Is it manually? If so, then I don't know if you will b...

Opportunity Stage
When I open an existing Opportunity and select "Action" from the menubar, then "Change Stage...", a new window pops up with a dropdown list that should be populated with several "stages". However, the dropdown is empty. There is probably a simple solution that I've overlooked but how do I add items to the dropdown list? You need to create a sales process. See the IG for more information. >-----Original Message----- >When I open an existing Opportunity and select "Action" >from the menubar, then "Change Stage...", a new wi...

BCM: Navigate from opportunity to linked contact or account ?
Hi, I use a lot opportunity list to show all potential business, but I find it's very anoying that I can't goto the linked contact or account for having related information. Any idea ? Thanks, Zixiong WANG z.wang@sysium.com ...

Residual-Income Opportunity �L���X�~�w�~�a���ȿ����s��
Please join us, new methods to earn money http://www.onlineprofitsclub.com/intro.php?id=10892 http://liuhoiming.ce-int.com/access/lessons.htm http://www.blindinghits.com/index.asp?userid=liuhoiming --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20030914134725V7f0BeH2 ...

Best way to deal with contacts and commercial opportunities
Sorry for the misleading title. We are using Exchange Server 2007 and Outlook 2003/2007. I'd like to create company's address book by using a Contact Public Folder, containing all our commercial contacts. I'd like these contacts to be assigned to different categories (geographical area, customer, product types of interest and so on) Any contact may potentially belong to more than one category. At the end I will need to send customized newsletters and promote marketing campaigns, depending on contact's categories. I was looking for Business Contact Manager, but I d...

Sum in Opportunities
Our views in Opportunities display expected revenue from each Opp. Is there an easy way to sum the total and display the results in the views? thanks in advance, Thomas if you have multiple revenue fields on a form then you can use javascript to total them up nad place the result in another field then display that field on a view. ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "chengthomas" <chengthomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34B2615F-5B2C-47D6-A58C-2AB706D7CA0F@microsoft.com... > Our views in O...

Customization Microsoft CRM 3.0 Beta
Hi, In Microsoft CRM 3.0 Beta is an entity "Opportunity relationship" We want to customize this entity. The Type shows this entity is customizable but it's NOT. We have a few questions: 1 Is it possible in the final release Microsoft CRM 3.0 to customize it with the possibilities other 'regular' entyties have ( Forms and Views, Changing and adding attributes, Changing and adding Relationships)? 2 If NOT! Is is possible and advisable with the SDK Microsoft CRM. Greetings Maarten Questions related to the Beta should be placed in the private Beta newgroup. You can ...

Quote or referral
Hello, I would like some information to run past my boss concerning investing in a more improved and modern database. There are currently three sections that have three very poorly built Microsoft excel spreadsheets. Each section has between one to four shops that ether repair or procures assets. Currently, each section has a excel worksheet that lists is not even a data base, however I need to compile all three “excel products” for the weekly meeting. I know just enough too know that there has to be a better way, but lack the knowledge to build something like this myself. ...

Add Related Sales Order from Opportunity Error
All, A client recently upgraded to 3.0 and is reporting an error when attempting to create a Sales Order from an Opportunity. After an opportunity has been created, and they Add Related-> Sales Order, they are first prompted with NT Authentication and then the page fails with a 401.1 - Unathorized Access. Invalid credentials, etc. If they first create a quote from the Opportunity then create a Sales Order from the Quote, there are no issues. Their sales process does not include quotes, so creating quotes is not a solution. Has anyone seen this before ? -Luke ...

Remove the opportunity name field from form
I try to remove the opportunity name field from the opporunity form. I have set the attribute properties to 'no constraint', but I still get a lock Icon before the field on the form. Any ideas what might be locking this (it will be something standard, because we never used this field) and what we can do about it? Regards, Freek The name field is the Primary Attribute of the opportunity and therefore it is locked. You can see that when you open the Opportunity in the customizations area and view the second tab "Primary Attribute". I'm not sure but I don't thi...

Copy referral $ sign to other cells
Hi, I have a scenario here but I am not sure how to do it. I have a spreadsheet here. For example: The cell 1 value is =$A1$b2 and the cell value for other cells are other misc formulas similar to cell 1 without the dollar sign..say example: =B6O5 How can I copy the $ referral sign and paste it to other cells and made everything into =$X$Y format without having to manually add it on every cell? Thanks Billy Hi not possible with a format. This would require a macro -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Billy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbei...

Converting leads into opportunities
It is important for our business that we able to convert a lead into an opportunity having the "contact" show up as the potential customer (on the opp. form) rather than the "account." Is it possible to adjust things so that this can happen automatically when the conversion takes place? --Malcolm You cannot adjust the functionality of the lead conversion wizard. Only solution would be to write some logic on the back end that placed records where you need them to be ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com...

Business club, Business leads, New business opportunities
Title: Business club, Business leads, New business opportunities Welcome to Biz-Club the UK's first truly independent internet based networking group established in 2006 for SME's, that allows you the member to choose how it can best work for you. Operate locally, regionally or nationally with all the advantages of a business networking group but almost none of the disadvantages. Enjoy membership of Biz-Club alongside your existing affiliations plus a host of other valuable benefits all at a cost far lower than that normally provided by traditional business networking groups. Be treat...

Write-in products in opportunities
Hello We have a need to use write-in products with opportunities as it is possible with quotes. I noticed that opportunity products have similar boolean fields (ispriceoverridden and isproductoverridden) with quote products, but when I add these fields to form, it does not allow to override price and still demands me to choose product. Is this a bug or feature, is there a workaround or I just have to accept that no write-in products can be used with opportunities? Hi Tomaz, Write In Products aren't allowed for Opportunities. I also wanted this feature before so I just suggested i...

Status of Opportunity record wont change
Hi, I am trying to update the Status of an opportunity record using sdk 4.0.The application doesnt throw any exceptions even if "statecode" or "statecodename" is used as attributename.But the Status state wont change.It remains "Open". Please provide information on how to change the Status state through sdk 4.0. Regards, Pradyumna.N.V. Check out the following link for setting the Opportunity StateCode using crmService: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb959545.aspx You may also want to look at the SetStateOpportunityClose if you need to create an Opp...

opportunity relationship problem
I am trying to assign relationships to opportunities as follows: Two opportunities to (within the opportunity form) Potential Customer (account) "1" with the same relationships to accounts as follows: Relationship to account "2" with customer role "A" Relationship to account "3" with customer role "B" i.e. I have two different opportunities that are mapped to the same potential customer with relationships to the same accounts with same roles. When I open account "2", then select "Opporunities" on the nav pane, a...