Redeploy question regarding databases

We just finished the redeploy of CRM 1.2 to 3.0 in a new server.
Everything is good but we need help with SQL.

The databases need to be updated with the data that employees enter in
the old server running 1.2.

What is the best way to do it? Do the table structures of both
Databases are the same?

0
lalaomeara
7/21/2006 8:20:52 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Question about what "Home" means in the Home and Student Edition

Closing another database with VBA
Hi, I’m having a problem with the code to do the following… 1- A user opens a file called Core. 2- Upon opening the splash screen (on the Form_Load event), it compares a version number it finds within the database to one that is in another database called Data. 3- If the versions are different, the Core file opens the Updater file. 4- The Updater file closes the Core file. 5- The Updater file copies the latest version of the Core file (located somewhere else) and replaces the first one with the latest version. 6- The Updater opens the newly copied Core file. 7- The Updater closes itself. ...

Out of Office Question
We're new to O at our office. On occasion, I get OOO replies when I email people. I ask how they set it up and everyone tells me Tools, then Out of Office. My choices under Tools do not include OOO but they do include Rules Wizard. I feel sure somewhere in there is a way to set up OOO replies but I haven't hit upon the exact procedure. Help is no help at all. I have the disc, I run W2000 Professional. Can someone give me the drill to set up an OOO reply so I can turn it on before I go on vacation next week? Thanks in advance to all who help or try. Steve Ignots Steve, You need to be u...

PDF question
Our (non-profit) organization puts out a newsletter (created in Publisher), and we'd like to convert it to PDF to send it to some people that way. I know how to do this (I have Primo PDF), but when I just did it, the fonts in (small) sections on two of the pages were garbled. In one instance it was an unusual font, so I thought that might be the problem. But in the other instance it's not an unusual font. Is there any way I can change/correct the garbled font? I have Adobe Acrobat reader 5.0. Seems like I might have tried to upgrade a while back and it didn't "ta...

Error while import BCM Database into CRM 3.0
I am trying to import BCM Database into CRM 3.0 When I run " Data Migration for Microsoft Outlook Business Contact Manager" wizard I get an unexpected error. Can someone help ? thanks Here is the Log: 8/21/2007 5:15:38 PM------>Transitioning to next screen. From: Welcome screen. To: PreconditionCheck screen. 8/21/2007 5:15:38 PM------>Connecting to Microsoft CRM Shamir_Systems_MSCRM 8/21/2007 5:15:39 PM------>Checking that Microsoft CRM Data Migration Pack is installed: Success 8/21/2007 5:15:39 PM------>Establishing connection to CDF database: Success 8/21/2007 5:1...

Calender related question
Is there a way to tell what time and date an appointment was created. We have Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003 and Windows 2003 Server. Thank you In outlook, you can add the "Created" column and that will show the create time for that item. "Vic Abrahamian" <VicAbrahamian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4EC32A4D-4C7B-46A0-862B-A5F165AECCDE@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to tell what time and date an appointment was created. > We have Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003 and Windows 2003 Server. > Thank you ...

Update stored procedure question
We are using VS 2008 and SQL Server 2005. I have a table Spread that has 1 Integer column called SecurityID. I have a stored procedure spUpdateSpread that increment the SecurityID by 1, and returns that value. If more than 1 process call the stored procedure at the same time, will it return the correct SecurityID ? Thank you CREATE TABLE [dbo].[Spread]( SecurityID [int] NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY NONCLUSTERED ( [SecurityID] ASC ) ) ON [PRIMARY] CREATE PROCEDURE [dbo].[spUpdateSpread] @SecurityID int output as update Spread set SecurityID = SecurityID + 1 select @Secu...

CRM 1.2
I am going to move the CRM SQL databases to a new server. We will also be moving Great Plains off the CRM server and on to the new SQL server. We are bouncing around the idea of naming the new SQL server to the name that the current CRM server uses and renaming the current CRM server. The thinking here is that we won't have to touch the Great Plains clients. What kinds of issues can I expect in this scenario? I believe that CRM "might" make us of the SID in which case I would need to use SysPrep to create the new one? I wouldn't think that this is that unusal of a proje...

rules question
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C58E9B.93495960 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I'd like to make a rule similar to the one I have - move all emails from a certain SENDER to a specified FOLDER. I want to also make a rule to move to a specified folder, when an email is sent to a specific USER. I don't see how to do this in the canned rules? Has anyone got creative with this and made it work? I can get it to do a COPY, but not a move. Thanks!!! ------=_NextPart_000_0008_0...

SQL select statement question
My dataset has 3 columns: customer id, store location, charges I'd like to write a single select statment that will show each customer id once, with the store location where they have the most charges, and the sum of the charges for that store location. This gives the max charges for each customer, but doesn't give the location: select a.custID, max(new.amt) from smallchg a inner join; (select custID, location, sum(charges) as amt from smallchg group by custID, location) as new ; on a.custID= new.CustID group by a.CustID thanks. joel Try this -- SELECT TOP 1 ...

Shared Contacts Master Categories question
I need to have 50 users on Outlook/Exchange specify a number of contacts that need to be exported to another system. I had my Exchange admin give me shared access to each of the mailboxes in question. My plan was to go through each set of contacts, and add a new category to the master categories for each user. When I got the the second contact, the keyword identifier was already there! It looks like Outlook/Exchange is allowing me access to the correct contacts, but is using my master category list. How can I access and update each users category master list? Isn't this kept ...

Database using Access 2.0
Our church purchased Church Windows software. When we asked if we could import our members from our existing database Greentree CDMS they said we couldn't because CW is an Access 2.0 database and we don't have that software. What would be the benefit of still using Access 2.0 for software development? Thanks, Linda Hi Linda I doubt there are many new programs being written in Access 2. It was a great piece of software, and many databases were writing using it. I don't know Church Windows, but I am guessing that it was written back in the Access 2 days (around 1994), ...

Newbie question, can't get a handle on the handles <g> ... ?
How do we manipulate text that needs to flow to another box, i.e., when working in two columns and we need text to flow to a third, how do we do this? I'm sorry for such a simple question, but I've looked through the help and on the web and I think it's because I don't know what it's called. Anyhoo, pls advise! Tx. Whilst attempting to develop brick-based storage technology, Ed reads a message from Dylan56 <No@SpamAtAll.com> > How do we manipulate text that needs to flow to another box, i.e., > when working in two columns and we need text to flow to a third,...

Comparing records in 2 databases
I need to update an access database each day, with stock and price info, and then update it online. Is there a way to compare the before and after tables, and make a new table with only the changed records (only the changed fields!) plus the primary key? OR, does anyone know of a fairly inexpensive program that will do this? For Access 2k. Thanks! Tracking date record was created or updated, SQL Syntax --- It is a good idea to add these 2 fields to all your tables (except lookups). Let them be the last 2 fields. DateCreated, date, DefaultValue = Now() DateModified, date � set on...

vbscript insert into access 2003 database with two different table
I am trying to insert data collected by WMI. Here is the script On Error Resume Next Const HKEY_CURRENT_USER = &H80000001 Const HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE = &H80000002 Const ForReading = 1 'Create FSO Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") 'Create an environment for the script to work Set wshshell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell") 'Connection to the database Set cnn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") 'Connection to a Recordset Set objRecordSet = CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset") 'Opens the Database ...

Advanced Filters question
I sometimes use Msft Access to run a query, and then revise the query, or build off of the new query by creating a separate query of that query. However, in using excel, at least at first pass, I noticed that I was unable to pivot the data that resulted from an advanced filter, and I was unable to see the total amount for a given column, once an advanced filter was applied to a list (i.e., the sum that I saw was for the entire field and not for the records that were visible once I had applied the filter). Does anyone have any perspective they could share with me regarding this? Is there a wa...

Transfer data manually onto other database
Hello, I am needing to transfer data onto a Mysql database. I have had some advice and am trying to find a software solution. So main features are to be able to migrate large amounts of contacts and data every day. The migration should be done manually. Thanks a lot! Look here: http://www.kitebird.com/articles/access-migrate.html#TOC_6 and here: http://www.bullzip.com/products/a2m/info.php Regards Kevin "Guertas" <Guertas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DDFFC964-C78A-446E-A7AA-5F4E632FF20A@microsoft.com... > Hello, > >...

Accessing all questions I have asked in the Office forums
Is there a way I can call up all questions and answers I have ever asked via my login to Microsoft Discussion groups? I sure appreciate your help, John In news:FB996750-8ACF-4806-BDF8-7E66057A0DBB@microsoft.com, John <John@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Is there a way I can call up all questions and answers I > have ever asked via my login to Microsoft Discussion groups? > > I sure appreciate your help, John Use Google; look up your own name; finesse from there if you get too many hits. HTH, Twayne` ...

Basic Money 2004 Budgeting Question
In MS Money 99 I was able to chart out several months worth of spending by budget category (auto, gasoline, groceries, etc.) By looking at this chart, I was able to compare by month my actual spending versus my budgeted amount for each category. In addition, the cumulative totals at the far right showed how much in the black or red I was in each category over the period of time that I specified (e.g., Sept 02 - July 03). I have been unable to find a chart that performs this function in MS Money 2004, which seems odd given that being able to track such information over a period of ...

Mail (outlook 2002), 'To' field, general question
Why do some names of some messages in the 'To' Field appear with single quotes in my Sent Box? I'm using Outlook 2002. I'm sure there's an easy explanation but it stumps me. ...

30 redeployment wizard error
I am trying to redeploy 3.0 in two cases. first case: redeploy in the same domain, everything is ok. second case: redeploy to a new domain, problem occurs during redeployment wizard usage. It says "An error occurred when populating Microsoft CRM user groups. Ensure that CRM user accounts are accessible from the current domain and run the wizard again." I created new users in the new domain and manually mapped with previous ones. Since this a test environment, user names, computer name, domain names of both previous and new systems are identical. Please give me recommendatio...

Multiple regardings for emails
I have a prospect who would like to have multiple regardings in CRM emails. For example, the email is being sent to his client. The email has information in it about three different vendors. The prospect would like to be able to enter all three vendors in the regarding field, which is not possible in CRM out of the box. Has anyone else had this request? Any suggestions on how to make this work? Thanks, -Rick Thanks for your suggestion. We will consider this issue in a future service pack or release. An Issue has been entered in our tracking data base. -- Jason -- This posting ...

Another Sum Question
I am using a rather large genomic data set in which I need to classif certain gene functions as one of three things. Each gene (row) ha several ID numbers associated with it. For instance one row could loo like "GO:0005524,GO:0000074,GO:0005730." I need excel to find a match and then add one to an adjacent column (basically tallying). Fo instance, if I search for "GO:0005524" I need excel to search the 100 rows containing this information, and then when it finds a row wit "GO:0005524" to add one to the adjacent column while staying within th same row. That i...

Access database on internet?
I have an Access database on a local server that I would like to remove and put on the internet so I can share it remotely between at least 2 people. We both may be updating and reading from this database. It is about 5 mb in size. What is the easiest way to share this database using the internet? * Is there a file storage location that we could both access like it was a disk drive that would have locking/sharing capability? * Could I make a drive directory on a machine I have be common to both of us over the internet? How would that be done? Would it be too slow for use as an Access ...

Quick question on posting messages to modal dialogs from other threads
Ok, I've got a modal dialog box up in the main GUI thread. Is it possible to post to it from a worker thread if I have a pointer? If so, are there any things I should watch out for besides race conditions? More information: I'm having to rebuild an entire database when a user opens certain formats of our document. On small files, this is fine, however, when it's a large file, this can take a few minutes. In the old version, this would cause the application to appear frozen. I'm wanting to create a modal dialog box, launch a worker thread with the pointer to that dialog box, a...