Records showing SYSTEM instead of User

I have sent an E-mail to one user from another using Outlook . I have
assigned the E-mail to a contact record .The E-mail is tracked in CRM.
However in the history page of the Contact recors the Created by field shows
SYSTEM instead of User name.please Help.

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

This is normal behavior currently.  For the user that promoted the email, you
can look at the "Owner" not the Created By.

Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP
Workopia, Inc.
http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com

"kunal kapoor" wrote:

> I have sent an E-mail to one user from another using Outlook . I have
> assigned the E-mail to a contact record .The E-mail is tracked in CRM.
> However in the history page of the Contact recors the Created by field shows
> SYSTEM instead of User name.please Help.

Record Count 10-02-07
Experts, I'm trying to dynamically stored the record count from a subform into a field on my form. Now I have to look at the record count on the subform and manually entered the count into a field on form. There must be a better way. Please help! In the Control Source property of a text box on the main form: =[SubFormControlName].[Form].[recordset].[RecordCount] Where SubFormControlName is the name of the subform control, Not the name of the form that is the Source Object of the subform control. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Shiller" wrote: > Experts, >...

meeting invites now show up as emails only
As of very recently, Outlook invites sent from my work calendar to my home calendar (both Outlook, although work Outlook is 2003 I think) now only show up as emails, not as calendar invites. Does anyone have an idea why this is happening - it used to work just fine. Fixes? ...

Compare records in multiple sheet -> report
Hi! I have a workbook consisting of ten sheets. To simplify my question let�s say that the three first columns of every sheet denotes the spatial coordinates x,y,z and the fourth column is a scalar value. Some x,y,z-triplets exist in all 10 sheets, some exists in only a few sheets, if the triplet exists, then also the scalar value of the 4th column exists. What I would like to do is to find all unique x,y,z-triplets and show them in the first column of a new sheet. In columns 2-11, I would like to show the scalar value(from the corresponding x,y,z-triplet of course) in column 4 in s...

Recording a macro of keystrokes in Outlook?
This is odd; in Outlook I can't find how to record a macro while one is using Outlook so that it records the keystrokes. It seems, at least with a standard setup, that one can only go to the VB editor. Am I missing something? Thanks. No, you're not missing anything. There's no macro recorder for Outlook, you have to code macros from scratch using Outlook VBA. See www.outlookcode.com for information on Outlook VBA macro coding. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder Manager, Exte...

OWA
I have one computer that when trying to access exchange 2003 via OWA the messages are not listed. The message count is correct and all folders are there and visible but no message list or anything in the reading pane. Anybody have a fix? Are there no replies to this? I've found several others asking the same question here and getting no answers at all. EX2K3 on Win2K3 enterprise server, problem seems to be a client one as the same mailbox can successfully be accessed from other computers and this computer has same behaviour for all mailboxes. >-----Original Message----- >I ...

Alternative for user instance login flag ?
I have SQL Server 2008 Developer Edition only installed on development PC, have 2008 Standard Edition on the production server. The DBAs have the production environemnt locked-down. I created a VS.NET 2008 web application and setup a MDF to use my Dev Edition DB instance. When I run the app, I try to connect and get " The user instance login flag is not supported on this version of SQL Server. The connection will be closed. " I understand that only SqlExpress supports this functionality. The professional DBAs are not going to let me just install another instance o...

Stop Record Deletion
I have a continous form based on a table. The form uses the record selector function to allow users to easily delete un-wanted data. Some records will now be uploaded into a differnt system. I have set-up a field to flag which records have been uploaded. How can I keep the record selector, but stop rows that have been uploaded (flagged) from being deleted? "Justin" <Justin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E9AD22E-9222-4FDB-B170-18E92A25882F@microsoft.com... > > I have a continous form based on a table. The form uses the record > selector &...

Printing Issues when distributing a form to multiple users
I am distributing a spreadsheet to multiple users. The spreadsheet is being used as a form for data entry. The problem i am having is that when it is being printed, the users are getting varying page layouts where the page breaks have changed, due the changes to the length of the document growing from the free text they are entering. The page breaks that excel chooses don't seem to be spaced well, leading to one or two of the pages being very short (i.e., leaving a lot of free white space), whereas the other pages are taking up the entire page. Is there a particular page layout selection...

How to show the month of the referenced cell (containing a date)
If a cell holds the date "2/1/08", what formula can I use that will give me the following result: "Feb - 08" I tried =Month(a2)......but I just get the number of the month. Thanks. =TEXT(A2,"mmm - yy") Or simply =A2 with the cell custom formatted mmm - yy HTH. Best wishes Harald "Dave K" <fred.sheriff@gmail.com> skrev i melding news:165b03da-19ba-40b8-b9fe-77b17ef045b5@d45g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > If a cell holds the date "2/1/08", what formula can I use that will > give me the following result: > > "Feb - 08&...

recording merger with combination cash & shares
I owned Company A stock. Its shares were merged into Company B. The terms of the merger were that for each share of company A, I received ..1906 shares of Company B plus $16.50. How should I record this in Money 2003? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------090004080308090304020802 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I tried a "return of capital" for the cash portion but Money 2003 deluxe voided the transaction after I entered the merger. So I lied and did the return of capital the day before. The probl...

Email messages in project center not showing in Entourage inbox
I am using Entourage 2004 version 11.4.0 on a Macbook with OSX version 10.5.8. I have several projects set up in the Project Center and email from some contacts are automatically made part of the different projects. Up until last week, all of my emails were showing up in the regular Mail Inbox, with the project marked by the colored dot in the Projects column. Now, however, some emails show up in the Project Center mail window, but not in the regular Inbox view. It has caused me to miss a few emails and is getting frustrating. Has anyone else experienced this? Or does anyone know what ...

excel chart showing movable graph at what point we make a profit
in a business would like to make a chart based on accumulated Earnings & Profit/Loss for year to date, perhaps movable showing our break even point and by moving chart to a another earnings figure what profit we should make. For example put in earnings for YTD Profit/Loss YTD then I can move the earnings part of the chart to show what our profit would be for a given earnings figure. Alternatively If For example if we earn $200 for year so far and profit is $0 but any amount over that is 18% profit so I can move chart line to say $240 and it will say what profit I will make. Hope ...

How to hide duplicate records but show them once
I'm trying to weed out duplicate records but I need to show them once. I can't figure out how to do this without alot of formatting and deleting. Can anyone help? See Chip Pearson's website for advice on dealing with dupes http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm "Lisa" wrote: > I'm trying to weed out duplicate records but I need to show them once. I > can't figure out how to do this without alot of formatting and deleting. Can > anyone help? if the data is in one column, highlight the column, the select Data -> Filter -> Advanced Filt...

Limited User Account
I am thinking of buying Microsoft Money Plus 2008 to use on a computer with Windows XP. I read in the user guide that I must install it with an administrator account, which I would expect. After it is installed, can I import data from Quicken 2006 and use MS Money Plus from a limited user account? The reason I ask is I do all my routine work with a limited user account and only use the administrator account when absolutely necessary. Gerry In microsoft.public.money, Geber wrote: >I am thinking of buying Microsoft Money Plus 2008 to use on a computer >with Windows XP. I read in the...

How to force the user to fill in values for yes/no fields ?
Hi ! I'm using MS Access 2003. I have a table with a number of yes/no fields. When a new record is started, I want the user to explicitly specify a value for each of these fields, e.g. by choosing one of two radio buttons associated with the field. Now, it was no problem for me to arrange an option group with two suitable radio buttons for each of these fields. The user can then choose explicitly between yes and no. However, all fields seem to have implicit values immediately after a new record has been started. Therefore, the new record can be stored in the db without the user making...

Workbook with macros hangs up when opening, only with certain user
Chip Pearson has some notes about startup problems at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/StartupErrors.htm Ron516 wrote: -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

How to control what tabs are displayed in Active Directory Users and Computers
I do not see the value to allow the delegate to change the City, State, Country, Office. What am I doing wrong. (see info below) Also is there a way to limit the view of what is shown in Active Directory users and computers, so the Delegate only sees the General, Address, Telephone and Organization tabs? I know the step below lock them out of the other tabs, but there would be less confusion..even if it is registry hack on that local pc. Here are the steps I have done so far: Step 1. Create a Security Group Called 'XYZ' (call it what ever you want Step 2. Open Active Directory User...

user can only do send as
I currently have a user running OfficeXP Standard SP1, Win2K SP3 and the server running Win2K Exchange 2000 SP3. The user has been given permission to send on behalf of, but not send as. When they send something trying to use the send on behalf of, the messages sends as if it were sent as send as (i.e. it appears to come directly from the user and doesn't have the additional message attachement sent of behalf of). Any idea of how to get the send on behalf of working properly? I have manually removed them and it still happens, as if it is stuck on somewhere. I allowed lots of time for re...

paste linked cells show "0"
I have a number of cells in a range (lets say A14:J52). Some of these cells are "paste linked" from cells on other sheets. Unfortunately, when the original cell is empty, the value of the "paste linked" cell shows as "0". (not just blank like the original) Is there a way to keep the "paste linked" cell showing "0"? If not, how would I go about using VBA to systematically go through the above described range and delete those zeros? At the point I ran this code, any "0" could be deleted from the range safely whether it ...

Exchange System Management tools #2
I have the Exchange 2003 system managemnt tools installed. I was was wondering if I needed to install sp1, sp2 for exchange 2003 since I have the exchange tools even though I do not have the server itelf on this computer. Yes, if you have sp1 installed on Exchange you should install sp1 on your workstation. Without it, you could risk corrupting your DB. Clayton "George Schneider" <georgedschneider@news.postalias> wrote in message news:834F0976-1AE6-45C4-8268-BBD53EFBDC00@microsoft.com... >I have the Exchange 2003 system managemnt tools installed. I was was > ...

I want to send full contacts list to another user
I have Microsoft Outlook 2000, and My Contacts are set up in a Hierarchy. I want to send the whole group to another user. Is there any way of sending the contacts, and keeping the existing Hierarchy. Thanks, Gerry. ...

"How do I get rid of old records in an Pivot Table?
The spreadsheet gets copied each month to a new file and the data cleared out, BUT the selecetion in the Pivot Table still holds the data from Previous spreadsheets Debra Dalgleish has some techniques at: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot04.html AyPee wrote: > > The spreadsheet gets copied each month to a new file and the data cleared > out, BUT the selecetion in the Pivot Table still holds the data from Previous > spreadsheets -- Dave Peterson The web-link was very helpful, thank you. I was about to reprogram and build my pivot tables to get rid of the obsolete item...

how to hide dropdown items according to users ?
Hi, I have created an dropdown control in contacts form. and i have 2 items in the dropdown list. now when user1 logs in i want to show only the 1st item in the dropdown control or i should able to disable the control. but when user2 logs in i should show all the items in the dropdown control. Now how to hide dropdown items according to users ? Regards, Richard, There is not supported way to do what you are asking to do. You might be able to do this by somt customizing of the XSLT's, but what happens when User 1 pulls up a record that User 2 previously set the value to the 2nd option?...

String representation of XML from System.Xml.XmlTextWriter
Is there anyway to get the XML string representation from the XmlTextWriter object? I created a function to create an XML using this object, but I need to send back an XML as the return value of this function. But I am not sure how to do this. Sub getXML() Dim objXMLWriter As New System.Xml.XmlTextWriter(w, Text.Encoding.UTF8) objXMLWriter.WriteStartDocument() objXMLWriter.WriteStartElement("firstElement") objXMLWriter.WriteStartElement("SecondElement") objXMLWriter.WriteElementString("ThirdELement", "Just text&qu...