Record auditing

Hi there,

I would like to know if there is any way to follow up a record (for
instance, a case) in order to know all the changes that case went through,
who made the changes and when. A kind of auditing for the record (state
modified by user1 on July 4th;  state reason modified by user2 on July
5th.....)

Thanks,
Chus

0
CHUS
7/6/2004 10:03:17 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Protech Associates Inc supports our CRM application. They
installed an add on product that allows you to do this. I
think their web site is www.ptassoc.com

0
z4t4r4
7/6/2004 3:55:58 PM
You could do Post-Callouts to acomplish this.

0
Mark
7/7/2004 11:26:47 AM
Post-Callouts will show you the new values but not the old.

"Mark" wrote:

> You could do Post-Callouts to acomplish this.

Deleting Records based on criterion
I know about advanced filters and filtering out records based on a criterion. But if I wanted to use the approach of deleting the records that don't match a criterion, how would I go about this in Excel? I would rather not use a macro for this unless its the only way. Thanks, Bruce After you do your Autofilter (or in-place Advanced Filter) only the rows to be deleted will be visible. Select these rows (you only need to select one column) and do an Edit, Delete Row. Click Ok to the confirming prompt. Only the visible rows will be deleted (Excel is pretty smart<g>) just as y...

Add a new record via a popup form
A patient can have multiple referrals. frmPatients holds the patient information and fsubReferrals hold the referral information. On fsubReferrals, instead of using the basic add a new record approach (DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec) and editing the form directly, I'd like the user to click on a "Add New Referral" button and enter the information in a popup form (frmNewReferral). When done, he hits a "Save" button on the popup form, the popup form closes, and the information appears in frmReferrals (where the fields are visible but not enabled). (If the user needs to e...

IE Error using New Record Button to create Account or Contact
currently, the only place I can successfully use New Record button to create a new Account or Record is when I'm in Activities. If any Accounts or Contacts are in active view, and I click on New Record, Account, IE gives out a general error and shuts down. This is happening in multiple computers in my company. Is this a design bug? ------=_NextPart_0001_2CA37D80 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <Winnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > currently, the only place I can successfully use New Record button to create > a new Account or Record is ...

Auditing capability in CRM 3.0
My organization is using MS CRM 3.0. We would like to capture activities user performs on MS CRM records, such as who open and read, which entity/record they read, who modify/delete records...etc. Is there a tool to do this? c360 audit: http://www.c360.com/Audit.aspx "Alice" wrote: > My organization is using MS CRM 3.0. We would like to capture activities user > performs on MS CRM records, such as who open and read, which entity/record > they read, who modify/delete records...etc. Is there a tool to do this? Hi, I have done similar application, Auditing capabilit...

Journal not recording
Since upgarding to Outlook 2002, my Office 97 documents (Word & Excel) are not being recorded in the Journal even though Word and Excel are selected in the items to record. Does anyone know if this is due to perhaps Office 97 not being supported entirely by the Journal feature of Outlook 2002? I use a later version of MS Project and they are being recorded. ...

Freesat recorder to PC?
Posted this to windowsxpvideo group 4 days ago but no replies, maybe someone here could answer. Also sent query to Humax but no reply from them either. Thinking about this Freesat tuner/recorder http://www.amazon.co.uk/Humax-FOXSAT-HDR-Freesat-Installation-Recommended/dp/tech-data/B001L5YU36/ref=de_a_smtd/275-1836674-1885025 Can saved videos be easily transferred to PC with maybe a view to making DVD for stand alone player? Replies appreciated. Kenny Cargill Kenny wrote: > Posted this to windowsxpvideo group 4 days ago but no replies, maybe someone > here could answ...

Creating matching record
My database is essentially a set of data entry forms (for a clinical trial). When a button at the bottom of each form is clicked, the next appropriate form in the sequence will open. I have things set up so that the next form opens at the appropriate record (i.e. the record with the Participant ID value the same as the Participant ID value in the record just completed in the previous form) if this record exists, but the fundamental thing which I can’t work out how to do is to create this record (i.e. a new record with the appropriate Participant ID) if it does not already exist. ...

Subform
I have a form whose source is a table containing projects (tblProjects), and several vendors do work on each project - I have a subform that lists the vendors, which I want to be able to input information for, "on the fly," while the form is running. One key field to be input is insurance type for the insurance liabilty forms needed for the projects. My users are manually inputting the insurance type in the subform, but I want them to be able to select from a list, without completely re-designing the form. My design is basic, like: tblProjects ======= ProjectID (PK) VendorID (FK) I...

Copying field value to multiple records in same table
I have an Access 2007 table with multiple records already created. I want to write the same value into the same field in each record. Is there a way to do that all at once or do I have to peck my way down the column containing the field one record at a time? Use an update query. The SQL for such a query would look like: UPDATE [YourTable] SET [YourField] = "SomeSpecificValue" In query design view == Add your table == Add the field to be changed == Select Query: Update == Run the query John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2009 The Hilltop Institute Univers...

excel 2007 macro recorded pivot table
I record a macro in excel 2007 in which i create a pivot table. when i try to run the macro i get "invalid procedure call or argument". the same process works fine in excel 2003. If i look at the debug window the "problem code" is : -ActiveWorkbook.PivotCaches.Create(SourceType:=xlDatabase, SourceData:= _ "JDE Import!R1C1:R3500C37", Version:=xlPivotTableVersion12).CreatePivotTable _ TableDestination:="Calculations & summary!R4C3", TableName:="PivotTable7", _ DefaultVersion:=xlPivotTableVersion12 I gue...

The user ID associated with the current record is not valid
Hi: I just install CRM 4.0 in new server running Server 2003 and SQL2005. After restore <organization>_MSCRM and MSCRM_CONFIG databases from old server I received this error: The user ID associated with the current record is not valid Any help to resolved this issue will be appreciated, -- Jose Valentin Rodriguez MCP-GP MCBMSS-GP You probably need to recreate the Special CRM groups in the SQL servers security to map to the restored database security. Look at the security on the database an make sure thoese groups exist in the global security of the SQL server. -- Gary Herbstman...

Subform view of records retrived
I have a form with an unbound text box to select records that have multiple rows of data from one table. The subform fields are set up as text boxes with the Control Sources mapped to the table field names. When my results are found in the subform, I can only see one record at a time and have to manully move to the next record by the > button at the bottom of the subform page. Is there a way I can view all records retrived (from a table) in one subform view without having to mouse click (move) to the next record? Try changing the sub form's form property for Default view to ...

Command Button To Delete Text In Single Field In Record
Hello All, I want to be able to do is open a particular form, which based on a table. "Enquirys" form is called "Enquiry_Date_Reset" On the form i want to scroll to a particular record and then press a button which will clear the date which is stored in the [Date Sent] field for that particular record set. (Not the whole record) is this possible? Regards Dan On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 09:08:56 -0700, dan.cawthorne@gmail.com wrote: > Hello All, > > I want to be able to do is open a particular form, which based on a > table. "Enquirys" > > form ...

New records don't display correctly in subforms after save.
Access 2003, XP Pro I have a main form with two separate subforms. I view various records by clicking on some list boxes. To add a new record, I select Records, Data Entry. I then (1) Make a selection in a combo on the main form. (2) Make a selection in a combo and enter some text in a textbox on subform1 (3) Make a selection in a combo on subform2 Subform2 has some code on the After Update event that saves the new record and goes to a previously selected record in cbo1 on the main form (cbo2 has code on the After Update event to go to that record). Here's the cod...

Starting Macro Recorder
I have Excel 2003 installed on a system that runs within Windows XP..... When I activate the Macro recorder I get the initial "Name That Macro" window, complete namiomg the macro, and when I select "Okay" the Error message "Unable to Record" appears. A neighbors PC with similar setup works fine! Uninstalled & reinstalled Excel with no luck. I suspect there is some small something not properly setup, but need some guidance to know what to do. Thanks, in advance, for your help. ...

Copy data of some fields on a form to the next record
I have a form used to enter data on a record in which 7 of the fields will contain the exact same data for several sebsequent records. Instead of having to re-enter repetative data for several sebsequent records, I need a checkbox (or some indicator) that would set a control that when checked, it would tell the database that it should carry the data in a certain set of fields (the 7) to the next record. For instance, when you order an item online using a credit card and if you check the box the delivery address information you just entered will repeat or copy to the billing address f...

multiple records from one
I have a table that has an activity with a related table with start dates and end dates for a particular category of activity such as planning phase, construction phase, operating phase, completed, etc. I would like to create a query for a report that will return the year of the activity to group on the report by year, but the kicker is if the date range of multiple records spans multiple years, I need a record for each date that the activity is occuring. I know that I can use the min and max function when grouping the related records together to get a single record with a sing...

RW records per report body
I modified a packing slip and all I did was change the records per body from 25 to 45. The report had been essentially limiting the number of records and only prinitng 2/3rds down the page. They used to put something like a survey at the bottom. Now, they want the detail to take up the entire page. Since the PF/RFs where very small, I figured that it was the records per report body that was causing this behaviour. Now, I'm wondering, even if I was right.. Should I have changed it to 0 vs 45? Tx Les Les, Typically, the number of records in the report body is controlled by the am...

Salv error: Fixed records in Report Custom Pool table
I noticed some reports in my Monday 2007 file failing. I ran salv.exe L2 and if found errors "Fixed records in Report Custom Pool table" I am looking for advice on what to do? 1) Continue w/my current Money file and redo my reports and see if the error goes away. 2) OR Use the repaired Money file and start from their. Any ideas on how serious this message is "Fixed records is Report Custom Pool table"? Thank-you! In microsoft.public.money, quest wrote: >I noticed some reports in my Monday 2007 file failing. I ran salv.exe L2 >and if found errors &quo...

add new record if not found in search
I have a combo box that lists all projects. I want to use it to search the form (which has status records for some of the projects) and if it finds a match position the cursor for the user to start editing the record. That part works swell. If there is no match I want to add a new record, populate a few fields, and position the cursor for the user to start entering data. How do code "if there isn't a match" ? I'm going to assume that you are not adding new entries to the list of projects. That the combo box is not bound and is in the form header of a continuous form...

Audit failed mailbox access?
I need to setup some kind of auditing to see if any users are trying access anybodies mailbox when they shouldn't be. I know they can't access them due to permissions but we just one to know. HOw can we do this? plus will the events go into the Exchange event viewer or our DC's? If you think of any other security auditing ideas it would be most welcome. Thanks A On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 01:58:01 -0700, "SW" <SW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to setup some kind of auditing to see if any users are trying access >anybodies mailbox when they sho...

Error when subform has no records...
I am getting an error that says "The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find a record in the table 'tblMCReports' with key matching field(s) 'MCReportID'." I know that this is happening because there is no subform record for a particular main form record. However this is only happening with one of the subforms and not all of them. Can anyone give me a hand? ...

Stop recording toolbar persistently missing
Hi, hope someone can help. When recording macros in Excel my Stop Recording Button doesn't appear This is a pain because I can't switch to relative references. I've foun several posts about the same problem, but the solutions mentioned ther aren't working for me. What I've tried: 1) Start recording macro, go to View, Toolbars, Click Stop Recording Apparently the toolbar should then pop up, but on mine it doesn't. Th Stop Recording option is already ticked when I enter the menu. 2) Tools, Customize, Toolbars, tick Stop Recording. Again, this has n effect, and when I tr...

No Account records are available in this view when I go offline
When i'm online i see all my accounts, i do an sync, no errors. When i'm trying to get my info in accounts or other i get : No Account records are available in this view when i go offline. I have installed all the patch and my registry value is good. I use Xp sp2 and I'm a admin on the server and on my laptop and i'm also a crm user. hmm try the sync again go online again then go into the mscrm registry on the client computer with the sfo client and do this 1) remove regvalues UserReplicationId and LastSyncDate 2) Set regvalue RCOffline = 0 3) Restart Outlook and try GoO...

crm should flag duplicate records when entering records.
auto dupe check should be added in the new version. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=3ff472af-3ca8-4c43-9422-5411109cc34f&dg=microsoft.public.crm While I...