Re: Sample Database Install

I have the same problem!

Can anybody say what went wrong?

Thx
Kris

Erin Swift wrote:

> I have CRM 3.0 installed and working and I would like to install the
> sample
> database now.  When I follow the install instructions that come in the 3.0
> implementation guide, I receive an error after the wizard asks for the
> sample
> data location.  The error is:
> The wizard could not retreive the list of organizations.  Verify that the
> organization exists in the Microsoft CRM server.
>
> Does anyone know why I am getting this error and how to correct the
> problem?
>
> Thank you,
> Erin

0
Anonymous
9/24/2006 12:53:25 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Great Plains Standard installation 8.0
On the test server we have installed the program and the data tables on the same server. When we go live, we intend to install the program on one server and the data on another. Will this be a problem? Is there anything in particular we need to do for this? How will license work. Will this be looking at Database server or the application server. What happens when I do upgrade or apply service pack. Please advice. Also, has someone run into this scenario. What are the advantages and disadvatages of the above scenarion. Thanks again By the sounds of what you describe you are simply ins...

install sp1 on sql 2008 r2
Hi, i'm a bit confused. I just installed sql 2008 r2 (build 1600) and i need to install the SP1 but my doubt is, what is sql 2008 R2? is it sql 2008 + Service Pack 1? what update does it include with the "r2"? do i have to install sp1 or it's already included? thanks!! R2 is like a whole new version of 2008. Actually a half version :). It was just released so all there is to load is the RTM version. There are no service packs for it yet. -- Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP Solid Quality Mentors "iNewbie" <iNewbie@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Re: Contacts gone: address book still there
Hi all, Following my earlier thread on this topic, I have at last managed to get back on to the pc (XP Pro Sp3), to have another look at my OE there. I tried importing the wab from the laptop, and it took a while as though it was actually doing something, but afterwards there was still nothing showing in the contacts pane even though in Tools/AddressBook they are all there. Next I searched the pc and deleted all the wab files I could find (system and hidden files showing), thinking I might have added too many addresses together, and intending to import a clean set. Blow me ...

Install App in Win 7
I have an application that was written in 1999. I want to run it on a Windows 7 X64 dual core machine. It doesn't install. Other than using a vm machine, how can install it and then run it? App runs fine in Win 7 x86. I looked at ACT v5.6 but it doesn't work for me. thanks David What is the mysterious programs name and what does it perform. Have you contacted the makers of said program and ask them if they an updated version for Vista and Win 7 -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will...

Excel to Access database
Does anyone know how to convert a Excel document to an Access database? I got this link off of Microsoft.com http://tinyurl.com/2nqo5 If I understand correctly, I could enter data into an excell spreadsheet, which I am at least somewhat familiar with. When I'm done, I could convert it into a new Access database without setting up the Access forms. Any help is greatly appreciated. Gordon --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Gordon: Hi. If there are headers to your columns, they should be in row1. In Access, start a new database file. In the "Tables"...

GP 10.0 Fails to install .Net Framework 2.0 not installed
I'm trying to install GP 10.0 on server. We have .net framework 2.0 sp1 and 3.0 installed. We have windows sharepoint services installed on framework 3.0. When we try to install, it is returing error .Net framework 2.0 not installed and ending prematurely. I've tried the workaround provided in Partnersource (KB ID 947538) for .Net 2.0 sp1. However it is not working. Thanks Jack - unfortunately, unless you write out the command line scripts exactly as they say in the KB, it will continue to bomb. Microsoft is costing us hours and hours worth of unbillable time to work aroun...

Convert old Q&A database to access
Does anyone know a free way of converting an old DOS based Q&A .dtf database to Access? There are only 6 fields: first name, last name, date of birth, date of death, cemetary, war if any. This is for a non profit that has been building a cemetary database for years and need to get something modern. I will build the Acces piece for free. But if I can't convert the data for free the project is dead. There may even be an export option within Q&A that would help. I didn't have enough time to look at it so far. thanks in advance, Mark Can Q&A export to .CSV (or any...

Unhandled database exception: A get/change operation on table 'Bat
During Edit Checks, we get the following message: Unhandled database exception: A get/change operation on table 'Batch_Headers' could not find a record. Then we get this message: This transaction was recovered during normal processing. You may continue processing this transaction. Any suggestions? You might want to run Check Links on payables. Before doing this, make sure you have a backup of your dynamics and company databases. Brenner -- www.KlenzmanConsulting.com "GPI" wrote: > During Edit Checks, we get the following message: > > Unhandled databas...

Error accessing database
Hi all, I'm trying to log into a newly added database, but get the error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Prodecure or function smCleanUpFilesBeforeLigin has too many arguments specified. Then, clicking OK, you get another one: The stored procedure smCleanUpFilesBeforeLogin returned the following results: DBMS: 8144, Great Plains: 0. What has happened there, and how can I resolve it please? This happens even when logging in as 'sa' to the database. Thanks all, John ...

Install program build on Access 2003 on Window 7?
I have an application designed by a professional progammer that was built on Access 2003 with VBA. I am going to give it to students to run on their laptops. Some of them may have Vista or Window 7 operating systems. Will the application install and run? It installs with a 2003 RT version. I have found that the RT has to be removed when install on a machine with Office 2007. -- Ed Comp Analyst Whether or not it'll work on Vista or Win7 depends on whether the application was packaged correctly. Both Vista and Win7 are stricter about where the application (i.e. the MDB o...

is it possible to host multiple CRM databases on 1 SQL server?
Hi, Is it possible to host two separate (on premise) CRM server databases on one SQL server? I am trying to achieve the above scenario, but there can only be one MSCRM_config database on any one instance of the SQL server. The Implementation guide isn't too clear about what to do in this situation. - Can two CRM databases share the same MSCRM_config file? - Do I need to install another instance of SQL server for the second CRM database? Or is there another solution? Thanks Depends on your CRM installation. If you are running the Enterprise version, then you can add a new org...

installation fatal error
I'm try to install Microsoft Crm server 1.0 and the installation results in the follow: Installation ended prematurely because of an error (80004005) Failed to install Microsoft CRM Server.". "Failed to Install MSI part of Microsoft CRM Server Setup.". "Unspecified error". "(80004005)". I'm running Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition Promoted to a DC for my child domain extranet, SQL Server 2003 with SP3 running same Domain, SQL Authentication Windows Only CRM never seems to create the database but create a OBDC connection using Administrator ...

Using Access database to "populate" Excel Sheets
Please help!!! I am willing to PAY anyone who can get this to run fo me. I have been trying for 5 days now trying to use a DBVlookup function t populate fields in Excel. I used examples from 4 different forums usin this function, but I cannot get any of them to work. I am somewhat ne to VBA so forgive me if I am not making sense in my questions. I have Excel Spreadsheet called "Account_Number". It is set up a follows: Column A is called "Account Number"..... Column B is called "Looked u description in Access". Account Number Description...

Re: Could someone please help me with formulas
sorry typo http://www.eaglepi.com/formula/example.xls "No" <no@isp.com> wrote in message news:... > I created a workbook and tried to explain the best I could how everything > should be. you can download the workbook at, > http://www.eaglepi.com/formlua/example.xls > > I really appreciate everyones help on this..... > > > "CLR" <croberts@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message > news:%235IxtFEHFHA.2936@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > > Maybe in cell J2 you could put the formula =H2+I2, which would give you > the > > sum of the C...

Updates not installed
KB976884, KB976416, and KB977304 have failed numerous times. Why? Is there a specific reason? What can I do? Cherry wrote: > KB976884, KB976416, and KB977304 have failed numerous times. Why? > Is there a specific reason? What can I do? So you have Microsoft Works and Microsoft Office 2007 installed? Or just Microsoft Works and some 'viewers' for Microsoft Office 2007? Or had Works installed but installed Office 2007 and did not fully remove Works? Or just Outlook 2007 and InfoPath 2007 and Microsoft Works? Have you tried downloading the patches manually and ...

Failed Installation after 2nd 22 hours download!
Tks both Mary and John. Successfully downloaded Office Publisher to desktop, but installation failed. My 6 week old new system has caused me DAYS of unsuccessful attempts at rectifying Vista issues. I not able to do much more than surf the net with it. I'm at my wits end. I may just take the entire system back and wait until the tech issues have been resolved. I'm in the thick of setting up my own business and have spent more time trying to "fix" my computer than on my business set up. LOVE the Vista improvements, but the "EASE" of using XP is gone. This produc...

Categories in Databases
Hi, I have a database of things in Sheet1 and one of the columns is labeled "country". Let's call this the master list, with about 150 rows. I want to make a list in Sheet2 with just things in "China". The way I've been doing it is by scouring through the master list, seeing which ones have "china", and then manually copying and pasting. Is there any way in which I can get this automatically done instead of doing it the manual labor way? Thx -- yl358 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ yl358's Profile: htt...

Installing EX2007 setup /prepareAD
I'm doing a fresh install of Exchange 2007 in a new forest that has no Exchange existing in it and had a few easy questions. My root domain DC is running 32 bit Windows 2003 R2 and my Exchange 2007 x64 install is going in a child domain on 64 bit Windows 2003 R2. I need to run the Setup /PrepareAD from the root domain DC since it is the Schema master machine. I have downloaded the 32 bit version of Exchange 2007 to do this - this is not a problem is it since I will just be using it run setup /prepareAD and /PrepareDomain ? Is there a better way to do this? Also the Setup /Prepare...

Can't Open Read-Only database
I'm trying to open an mdb file with 2007 and 2003 but can't. I get an error the database is read-only, even though the file attribute isn't. I suspect it's an older version than I have. Am I stuck having to install an old version or is there a workaround? -- Regards from Los Angeles, Emmanuel Microsoft Windows Vista Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz 3GB RAM NVidia GeForce 8500 GT 512 MB Hi Emmanuel, Do you know what version the original MDB file was created in? Access 2002(xp) etc... "Emmanuel Garcia" <imanuel.garcia@gmail.com> wrote in mess...

Internal Working of NTBackup for Exchange Database
Hi, can anybody detail the internal working of NTbackup for Exchange Database. please detail how NTBackup deals with very large database (size 100GBs). Does it have multiple thread? if yes, how do they interact? Any useful link of document will be a great help. -- Vinay Jain NTBackup uses the ESE backup provider to backup the database. It's single threaded, but does benefit from the provider's ability to stream the database pages at high performance. The ESE provider cleanly handles quiescing the database such that a backup is taken at a transactionally consistent point in t...

Re: Save xla as xls?
I have an addin which has a couple of worksheets and a code module a the basis of a new file. I would like the addin to save these 3 items as a new file but when use something like... ThisWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="BalanceSheet.xls" FileFormat:=xlWorkbookNormal It saves the file as an xls fine but retains the property... IsAddin = True Can I set this to false when saving or does it have to be done anothe way? Rgds, Matt -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can do something like this: ThisWorkbook.IsAddin = False ThisWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="BalanceSh...

blocks of customer database missing
We are running RMS 1.2 and have noticed over the last month a number of customer missing when looked up they mostly seem to to be recent additions from the last few months there are some that are one or 2 missing then there are several with anywhere from 60 -130 in a row missing. there customer records are just gone the customer numbers are sequential and as a block they dissapear. the only other thing we have. noticed is several customers suddonly have duplicate customer numbers when corrected manually it seems a few days later the duplicate is back. We tried to manually recreate this ...

Polling multiple databases #2
I am looking for ideas and the best way to get specific data from POS databases in different locations. We currently have about 150 locations that use RMS (using msde). My goal is get information from these databases into our centralized corporate database. For now this would be a monthly process. The type of information we receive would be the same from all the locations. We are not all on the same network so each location is independent and has broadband access. Thanks in advance for your sugesstions. Don't ask me for details, but I'd think you could create a batch file to run ...

Installing RMS SP2 on W2K domain controller & clients
Just wanted to know in advance if this is ok. The RMS SP2 directions are very general re: computers, so I assume it doesnt matter, but our server install of RMS is running on a W2Ksp4 DC, with SQL ServerSP2. Dont want to break anything, so any insights are appreciated. The desktops are either XPsp1A or W2K sp3 /sp4. XPsp2 still is causing others hedaches, and really dont want to deal with it right now, have not installed it yet. Thanks Also, our server install is in a data path E:\PROG FILES\MSFT RMS\ETC, not on the C: partition. Is this an issue? I have read the post below re: 10 st...

acess employee database
Name employer 1 employer 2 employer 3 employer 4 emloyer 5 I have a sheet in access with these headings ... 1 Can I construct a parameter box that pops up and allows me to querie up to five names at a time 2 How would I construct a querie like that???? If you have a table in Access with fields named "employer1", "employer2", .... you have a spreadsheet, not a well-normalized relational database table. Is there a reason you aren't doing this in, say, Excel? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "Help My job depends on it&quo...