RE: MSCRM V1.2 & Lotus Notes V6.5

Hi.

I need some expert advice regarding MSCRM as you are
aware of  that MSCRM uses exchange 2000/2003 as a mail
server. I have a  potentail customer to whom i am trying
to sell the CRM package but the only problem is that he
is using Lotus Notes v6.5 for mail. They do not want to
change. Is their a way around this issue.

What i am trying to achieve is CRM mail gets into CRM &
general mail gets to the user machines with Lotus notes
6.5, instead of using Outlook.

Kind Regards..

Shaz..
0
Shaz
7/15/2004 11:13:31 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

repost your question as I think there is a CRM to lotus notes solution for
email. I think at least one company has written a Microsoft CRM email
connector to Lotus Notes. Of course Microsoft CRM still thinks its talking
to Exchange.

--
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP

"Shaz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi.
>
> I need some expert advice regarding MSCRM as you are
> aware of  that MSCRM uses exchange 2000/2003 as a mail
> server. I have a  potentail customer to whom i am trying
> to sell the CRM package but the only problem is that he
> is using Lotus Notes v6.5 for mail. They do not want to
> change. Is their a way around this issue.
>
> What i am trying to achieve is CRM mail gets into CRM &
> general mail gets to the user machines with Lotus notes
> 6.5, instead of using Outlook.
>
> Kind Regards..
>
> Shaz..

0
John
9/5/2004 4:16:12 AM
"John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@nospam-hotmail.com-nospam> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:ezLjV8vkEHA.3428@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...

> repost your question as I think there is a CRM to lotus notes solution for
> email. I think at least one company has written a Microsoft CRM email
> connector to Lotus Notes. Of course Microsoft CRM still thinks its talking
> to Exchange.

Hello John,

an other possible option to connect Lotus with Microsoft CRM is to replace
the Lotus Notes Client with Outlook with the Microsoft Notes Connector for
Outlook 2002/2003:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=8EBBBA59-5F17-4E52-8980-C4F0DFA92D65&displaylang=en

Not perfect but a valuable option.

--
J�rgen Beck
Dipl. Kfm./Wirtschaftsinformatik

0
iso
9/5/2004 9:18:36 AM
Jurgen,

The Notes connector you mention works if you want to use Outlook as client
for Lotes Domino. I'm looking for the other way around: my customer uses
Lotes Notes but is very interested in buying Microsoft CRM. However, Lotes
Notes remains their email and agenda application. Do you know a way to use MS
CRM in combinating with Lotes Notes (alike the SFO client).

Thanks!

Sjourd Wijdeveld
Ordina

"Sjourd" wrote:

> Jurgen,
>
> The Notes connector you mention works if you want to use Outlook as client
> for Lotes Domino. I'm looking for the other way around: my customer uses
> Lotes Notes but is very interested in buying Microsoft CRM. However, Lotes
> Notes remains their email and agenda application. Do you know a way to use MS
> CRM in combinating with Lotes Notes (alike the SFO client).
>
> Thanks!
>
> Sjourd Wijdeveld
> Ordina
>
> "Jürgen Beck" wrote:
>
> > "John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@nospam-hotmail.com-nospam> schrieb im
> > Newsbeitrag news:ezLjV8vkEHA.3428@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> >
> > > repost your question as I think there is a CRM to lotus notes solution for
> > > email. I think at least one company has written a Microsoft CRM email
> > > connector to Lotus Notes. Of course Microsoft CRM still thinks its talking
> > > to Exchange.
> >
> > Hello John,
> >
> > an other possible option to connect Lotus with Microsoft CRM is to replace
> > the Lotus Notes Client with Outlook with the Microsoft Notes Connector for
> > Outlook 2002/2003:
> > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=8EBBBA59-5F17-4E52-8980-C4F0DFA92D65&displaylang=en
> >
> > Not perfect but a valuable option.
> >
> > --
> > Jürgen Beck
> > Dipl. Kfm./Wirtschaftsinformatik
> > MVP for Microsoft CRM and Visual C#
> > MCSD.NET, MCDBA, MCSE, MCT
> > Microsoft Business Solutions Certified Master - Microsoft CRM Developer
> > http://www.Juergen-Beck.de
> >
> > Hi Jürgen,

In your second post above, is it possible to put me in contact with the
company that wrote the Lotus notes connector.  I also have a client very
interested in MsCRM, but wants to retain their existing Lotus Notes Client
(not replacng with outlook client).

Best Regards,

Howard Fletcher
Praxa Ltd
Howard,

The notes connector mentioned is actually something that MS supplies for doing a
Notes to exchange conversion.  I do not know for sure of anyone deploying this
successfully in conjunction with MSCRM.

I know we have done a few proposals in this area, but have yet to win any of the
business.  I also know that there was a company at one time that was talking
about building a replacement email router that would work with other mail
systems, I just don't remember the company or if they ever actually finished it.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 21:09:02 -0800, Howard Fletcher <Howard
Fletcher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

"Sjourd" wrote:

> Jurgen,
>
> The Notes connector you mention works if you want to use Outlook as client
> for Lotes Domino. I'm looking for the other way around: my customer uses
> Lotes Notes but is very interested in buying Microsoft CRM. However, Lotes
> Notes remains their email and agenda application. Do you know a way to use MS
> CRM in combinating with Lotes Notes (alike the SFO client).
>
> Thanks!
>
> Sjourd Wijdeveld
> Ordina
>
> "J�rgen Beck" wrote:
>
> > "John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@nospam-hotmail.com-nospam> schrieb im
> > Newsbeitrag news:ezLjV8vkEHA.3428@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> >
> > > repost your question as I think there is a CRM to lotus notes solution for
> > > email. I think at least one company has written a Microsoft CRM email
> > > connector to Lotus Notes. Of course Microsoft CRM still thinks its talking
> > > to Exchange.
> >
> > Hello John,
> >
> > an other possible option to connect Lotus with Microsoft CRM is to replace
> > the Lotus Notes Client with Outlook with the Microsoft Notes Connector for
> > Outlook 2002/2003:
> > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=8EBBBA59-5F17-4E52-8980-C4F0DFA92D65&displaylang=en
> >
> > Not perfect but a valuable option.
> >
> > --
> > J�rgen Beck
> > Dipl. Kfm./Wirtschaftsinformatik
> > MVP for Microsoft CRM and Visual C#
> > MCSD.NET, MCDBA, MCSE, MCT
> > Microsoft Business Solutions Certified Master - Microsoft CRM Developer
> > http://www.Juergen-Beck.de
> >
> > Hi J�rgen,

In your second post above, is it possible to put me in contact with the
company that wrote the Lotus notes connector.  I also have a client very
interested in MsCRM, but wants to retain their existing Lotus Notes Client
(not replacng with outlook client).

Best Regards,

Howard Fletcher
Praxa Ltd

0
Matt

Drop-down list #5

Re-install Outlook 2002

Offline Folders #5
I am trying to get an outlook client setup so that it automatically opens offline without prompting the user. Does anyone know if this is possible, if so how to do it. Thanks Phil pearson In the properties of the e-mail account (Tools, Options, Mail Setup, E-mail Accounts, View or Change existing e- mail accounts) if this is an Exchange e-mail account, highlight it and hit Change, then More Settings. Select Manually Control Connection State, then select Work Offline and Use Dialup Networking. This should give you the desired effect. >-----Original Message----- >I am trying ...

VB Macro #2

Re: teach me how to send friends email

VCR to DVD Part 2

set print area #2

Moving Exchange #5

request to solve my problem #5

OEM publisher 2002 Sp1-2

Run time error 5 : HQClient

Saving #5
Is there a way of speeding up saves in excel or a way to condense the size of a workbook. Jason, This link can help with the size issue... http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlfaqApp.html#Unused Item 2d is the one you want. Regards, Jim Cone San Francisco, USA "Jason Zischke" <JasonZischke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18CCEA1F-2479-4ED9-A5F6-21B781D0F403@microsoft.com... > Is there a way of speeding up saves in excel or a way to condense the size of > a workbook. ...

How can I print on 8 1/2"x17" paper?

Money Updates #2

Can't create the item #2

OLE Notes #4
Windows Server 2000 SP4 MS SQL Server 2000 SP4 MS Dynamics 9.0 SP3 When a note is entered on a vendor card (Cards, Purchasing, Vendor, Note icon) a dialog box titled OLE Pathname appears. The purpose is a shared notes location. If the user clicks ok or cancel without entering a path, where is the note stored? I have two vendors that have the exact same note, entered at the exact same time, by the same user. In theory this should not be possible. The OLE path is not specified in the dex.ini file. -- Thanks Titan Did you not find the note in SY03900 table on the company? The vendor c...

Error #5
I've tried to save my transaction data to my desktop. However, each time I try this I get the error "Error reading or writing file "." " Could someone tell me what's going on? ...