RE: modifying Contact "lookup" form...

is there any way to modify the lookup form for contact so that middle name
can be displayed?  we have thousands of contacts in our system and when
adding a contact to an opportunity, lookup can be very hard when search on a
common name such as "smith, john".  thanks in advance!

sunish abraham

0
Sunish
12/6/2004 5:38:24 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

In the current version it is not possible to modfy the look up dialogue box.
However there is a way to solve your problem.
The field that displays in the lookup form is the 'full name' and the system
default is Last name, First name.
If you go to settings and customisation in the common tasks colum is system
settings.
You need to change the value from Last name, First name to the one that
includes middle initial.
NOTE- this will only change for newly created records and not update all the
existing records.

To change the existing records format - NOTE THIS IS AN UNSUPPORTED PROCESS
AS IT INVOLVES DIRECTLY CHANGING THE CRM DATABASE TABLE.
Full name is a field stored in the "CONTACT BASE" database table and
therefore you will need to create an sql script to run through this table
and rebuild the full name field to conform to the new method.
Guy.

"Sunish Abraham" <sunisha@comcast.net> wrote in message
> is there any way to modify the lookup form for contact so that middle name
> can be displayed?  we have thousands of contacts in our system and when
> adding a contact to an opportunity, lookup can be very hard when search on
> common name such as "smith, john".  thanks in advance!
>
> sunish abraham

0
Guy