re: CRM Package and Registration Key

We recently installed the CRM package, or rather my boss
did.  I think he jumped the gun as he put in our company
name in as ''CBO'' and did not put in the Networks part.
As such, the Registration Key is setup for CBO Networks,
not just CBO.  The Registration Key we've been supplied
does not seem to work, or perhaps I am trying to plug it
into the wrong place?

I go to Deployment Manager then to License Manager.  From
there, I go to the License Manager node, select CBO and
try to enter a new License number, but it won't take the
number supplied by Microsoft.  There is currently no
license number plugged in here.

Is this the wrong location to plug-in the Registration
Key?  If so, where is the correct place and will the
naming of CBO, instead of CBO Networks, have any bearing
on this?

Regards...
0
David
9/3/2003 4:37:20 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Yes, your OU should be the exact name as what your Registration Key was
based on.

Its just like the demo Adventure Works Cycle, unless your OU is that exact
name, the demo key won't work.

I dont know how to resolve your issue (search the newsgroup, I think there
was solution floating around). Or if its just in alpha stage, reinstall
everything (its a great lesson!)

gl,
 Gary

"David Yalden" <davidy@cbonetworks.com> wrote in message
> We recently installed the CRM package, or rather my boss
> did.  I think he jumped the gun as he put in our company
> name in as ''CBO'' and did not put in the Networks part.
> As such, the Registration Key is setup for CBO Networks,
> not just CBO.  The Registration Key we've been supplied
> does not seem to work, or perhaps I am trying to plug it
> into the wrong place?
>
> I go to Deployment Manager then to License Manager.  From
> there, I go to the License Manager node, select CBO and
> try to enter a new License number, but it won't take the
> number supplied by Microsoft.  There is currently no
> license number plugged in here.
>
> Is this the wrong location to plug-in the Registration
> Key?  If so, where is the correct place and will the
> naming of CBO, instead of CBO Networks, have any bearing
> on this?
>
> Regards...

0
Gary
9/3/2003 5:22:49 PM
Sorry

Your CEO Jumped the gun. Your license key and company name are tied
together. You need to redo your crm installation.

"Gary" <gary.rey@NOOOOSPAM.virtium.com> wrote in message
> Yes, your OU should be the exact name as what your Registration Key was
> based on.
>
> Its just like the demo Adventure Works Cycle, unless your OU is that exact
> name, the demo key won't work.
>
> I dont know how to resolve your issue (search the newsgroup, I think there
> was solution floating around). Or if its just in alpha stage, reinstall
> everything (its a great lesson!)
>
> gl,
>  Gary
>
> "David Yalden" <davidy@cbonetworks.com> wrote in message
> > We recently installed the CRM package, or rather my boss
> > did.  I think he jumped the gun as he put in our company
> > name in as ''CBO'' and did not put in the Networks part.
> > As such, the Registration Key is setup for CBO Networks,
> > not just CBO.  The Registration Key we've been supplied
> > does not seem to work, or perhaps I am trying to plug it
> > into the wrong place?
> >
> > I go to Deployment Manager then to License Manager.  From
> > there, I go to the License Manager node, select CBO and
> > try to enter a new License number, but it won't take the
> > number supplied by Microsoft.  There is currently no
> > license number plugged in here.
> >
> > Is this the wrong location to plug-in the Registration
> > Key?  If so, where is the correct place and will the
> > naming of CBO, instead of CBO Networks, have any bearing
> > on this?
> >
> > Regards...

0
John

Javascript alerr in crm forms
If you open a crm form for an account/contact or any other entity, make some changes and try to close the window without saving information, you see this javascript pop up which warns you of the unsaved information. In our deployment, we see this window even if we do not change anything!! Any idea how to take care of this issue? Thanks Typically this is caused when records were saved without some "default" information that the forms wants in there. This could have been from integration or data saved prior to the form being updated. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ------------...

crm sales for outlook 12-08-04
I am trying to install MS crm sales for outlook and i keep getting the same error. Can anyone help me with this? The error is "The specified user record does not exist on the Microsoft CRM installation specified". I have checked the users on the crm server and in the domain. It is present everywhere. I did uninstall crm sales for out look on this pc and now i am trying to reinstall. Not sure if that might have had an effect on it. Any help is appreciated! Mitch ...

How to disabel "Excel" button in CRM
Hi, Dose anybody know how to get rid off the EXCEL button in lots of form in CRM, we don't want user can export company's data to EXCL file and take it away. Thank you ...

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Exchange E-mail Router Support and Access Rights
The IG documentation states that Windows Server 2003 is a supported operating system. Is Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 1 supported. It also states Microsoft Exchnage Server 2003 must be installed. Is Exchange 2003 service pack 2 supported? What privledges does an administer need to have to be able to rollout the inbox rules? I cannot find that informaiton anywhere int eh IG. What access do they have to have in Exchange, AD, on teh Exchaneg boxes? Thanks Hoss Pretty sure the admin needs to be an Exchange Admin to roll-out the rules. I have not heard anything definate on E...

Track in CRM
Could anyone explain to me why when I track in Email in CRM from outlook the reply does not get tracked?> Ian If you are using CRM 4.0, in Outlook click on the CRM menu item and then select Options. On the Email tab, there's an option to track: -All E-mail messages -E-mail messages in response to CRM E-mail -E-mail messages from CRM Leads, Contacts and Accounts If you've got the third option selected, and the replying individual's email address is not in a CRM lead, contact or account, the message won't be tracked. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blog...

Re: What is Tcpip?
Here's the sequence for the Tcpip events that occur every hour (when the system is otherwise idle and would go to hibernation after 2 hours). 3/17/2010 6:28:36 PM Tcpip Information None 4201 N/A COMPAQ-2006 The system detected that network adapter \DEVICE\TCPIP_{D5E50A75-4A1C-4421-A5B4-569C9FE131B8} was connected to the network, and has initiated normal operation over the network adapter. 3/17/2010 5:27:18 PM Tcpip Information None 4201 N/A COMPAQ-2006 The system detected that network adapter \DEVICE\TCPIP_{D5E50A75-4A1C-4421-A5B4-569C9FE131B8} was connected to the network, a...

Re: Windows 7 - Odbc link
"zafer özbek" <awds@microsoft.com>, iletide şunu yazdı news:... > ı am zafer > no english > "Anne" <Anne@discussions.microsoft.com>, iletide şunu yazdı > news:DB6C48AA-DE22-446E-B8E7-82DC5143CA38@microsoft.com... >> Hi >> >> Thanks for responding. I corrected after an update :) >> >> >> "Paul Shapiro" wrote: >> >>> Not sure, but it might work if you right-click the Access shortcut and >>> choose Run as Administrator when you start Access. You might be bette...

Restoring Server
I did a total backup of our server using Small Business Server 2003. On restore, SQL cannot find the data, CRM security service cannot start and Exchange is not working. Everything else performs as expected. First, have I lost my SQL database by choosing to back up using NTBackup only? Second, any pointers on how to get CRM up and running again would be greatly appreciated. Gracias, Brian As far as I know, you cannot backup SQL databases with NTBackup. This is because NTBackup cannot access locked files (the physical mdf and ldf files are locked by SQL Server). You usually need a p...

Re: Writing a resume I'm not sure what I write in objectives #7
"GbH" <Geoff_Hannington@IEE.ORGasm> wrote in message news:... > > "GbH" <Geoff_Hannington@IEE.ORGasm> wrote in message news:... >> >> "Ed Bennett" <the_nerd@mvps.org> wrote in message >> news:eP#YfN65JHA.2656@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >>> GbH wrote: >>>> but neither is a resume!!!! >>> >>> So you're complaining about the lack of acute accents when people >>> refer to a r�sum� as a resume? Why not correct to the intended word >>> rather than a different one - pa...

[Fwd: Re: New computer. Newer version of Windows. Printing color Differences]
FYI Do you really print on monitor? I don't! Your assumption is way out of kilter! hth JoAnn Paules wrote: > > New computer - new monitor I assume? > > http://www.wikihow.com/Calibrate-Your-Monitor > > -- > JoAnn Paules > MVP Microsoft [Publisher] > Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" > > "Reddawg2566" <Reddawg2566@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:AB9C9A32-5EEA-4A24-92C6-BBB2426E3552@microsoft.com... > >I just bought a new computer with Windows 7 a...

shortcut keys
Is there a shortcut or URL or a way to see all the publisher shortcuts at one time? My goal is to have a page of all the shortcut keys. thanks David Sherman wrote: > Is there a shortcut or URL or a way to see all the > publisher shortcuts at one time? > > My goal is to have a page of all the shortcut keys. > > thanks ======================================== Go to the following site and click the "Show All " button. -- John Inzer John Inzer wrote: > David Sherman wrote: >> Is there a shortcut or URL or a way to see all the >> publisher shor...

product key not working with new computer
Setting up new computer and the product key code is not being recognized. I have installed everything else with no problems. When I got to ABOUT in the program the product id is blank. This is an upgrade version but I've installed Expression Web from upgrade version with no trouble. Is this a Publisher question or EW question? Expression is not a "upgrade" by the normal definition of "upgrade" - previous version is required. If your Publisher program IS an upgrade you will need a previous version or a qualifying product available prior to installing the upgrade...

Re-enabled AD account can't open it's mailbox
Hi, we just disable the wrong users AD account, so we renabled it and they now cannot access their mailbox: They error on the Exchange 2003 server is: Disabled user /o=Company name/ou=New York/cn=Recipients/cn=Joe.Bloggs does not have a master account SID. Please use Active Directory MMC to set an active account as this user's master account. Try this article http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=278966 Nebojsa Seslija "SW" <SW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A43EEC0E-D62D-4213-9BC4-503EAA12E40A@microsoft.com... > Hi, we just disable the wrong u...

Contacts missing from Outlook view on CRM
I have the following problem with CRM: Outlook 2003 using latest client and "Outlook Crash" hotfix. From within Outllok all contacts can be seen via Sales, Contacts. When a new message is created in Outlook and To is selected, followed by CRM Contacts then certain contacts do not appear in the contact list. This is only true for a couple of PCs, the rest seem to work OK. I have tried removing the CRM client and re-installing, but it doesn't make any difference. Anyone got any ideas why this is happening? Mark ...

Installation of CRM v3.0c fails with Outlook 2007 #2
There is this thread, which I wish to reply to but don't know how. Thread URL: http://groups.google.com.my/group/microsoft.public.crm/browse_thread/thread/9a8dd21187c63f8f/70ec92d8b2203f30?hl=en&lnk=st&q=The+installed+version+of+Microsoft+Outlook+is+not+supported+by+the+Microsoft+CRM+client.+Please+upgrade+to+the+current+release+of+Microsoft+Office+Outlook.#70ec92d8b2203f30 Please see my solution at: http://zenetlife.blogspot.com/2008/01/installing-ms-dynamics-crm-client-v3c.html Hope this is useful. Regards, Eunice Hmmnnn - unfortunately, the conclusion in your blog is inco...

What is the size limit of the notes field in an Outlook contact re
When I looked at the properties of the notes field within a contact record in Outlook, it displayed he following information Field Properties Name: Notes Type: Integer Format: 1,234 I was expecting a memo or text data type? ...

Enabling smartphones for CRM with Windows Mobile 2005
Hi! I am attempting to create a test version of a emulator package for smartphone in order to enable CRM connectivity. I have created the package using the Windows Mobile 2005 files (emulator is Windows Mobile 2005), however, each time I attempt to load the .cab file it states (in the emulator) that "Installation of CRM_Client_Root.cab was unsuccessful. The installation file is not intended for this device." As I stated, during the installation packet creation and the deployment packet creation I specified *pocket pc, Windows Mobile 2005*. If anyone knows how this can be ...

Is there a 5000 email limit for CRM's Bulk E-Mail Service?
Hello, I'm trying to send a bulk email to over 5000 contacts (about 15,000). I'm using Advanced Find to generate a list of contacts (not a Target List) and then use the Send Direct Email button to pick a template and send an email from CRM. This process uses the Microsoft CRM Bulk E-mail service and the deployment's SMTP gateway, but seems to have a 5000 email limit. Another bulk e-mail method is to use a Campaign Activity with a E-mail via Merge, but this uses Word and Outlook to send the emails, and with so much client-side processing going on, the client PC just dies. ...

CRM email routing problem
Hello, We have a problem with Microsoft CRM 1.2. 1. A custromer sends us a mail. 2. We promote this mail to a CRM email using the Outlook client. 3. We reply to the mail. At this point the mail and it's reply appear in the CRM system. 4. The customer replys. This reply also appears into the CRM system. 5. We reply again using Outlook (with CRM client installed). Now things go wrong. Then reply ends up in the users sent items box and does not appear in the CRM system. 6. The customer replys and this comes into the system again. <go back to 5> The problem is that when a user uses Ou...

Re Passport No
I can not help with the passport no perhaps you will have to contact Maree ...

Re: Business
Is there an affiliate program for Microsoft for businesses to join? -- Nishan Kumaraperu Elite IT Appleton WI http://www.eliteitpc.com ...

Re: jona.angels@hotmail.com
"andi" <demoncry.@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:... > hi ...

Getting up to speed on Microsoft CRM
Hello. I was a QA Engineer for Remedy Corp (Action Request Server, CRM) and a Sr. Technical Support Engineer for Peregrine Systems (ServiceCenter, Connect-IT, Get-It!...). Customization of these applications/servers was extensive so you can get as detailed as needed. The better a programmer you were, the better the final results and more satisfied the users and customers. I would like to become intimately familiar with Microsoft CRM. Can you (all) offer me suggestions for getting up to speed so that I can avoid as many bumps in the road during installation, implementation, customization...

CRM 4.0 Audit Utility
We would like to keep track of change history, access (read) records and audit log of Account, Contact, Lead and Opportunity entities. Apparently, we have a few options. (1) Acquire c360 Audit, but it's a bit pricey. Talking about $5,375 for 15 CRM users, $3,500 per server plus 125 per user. (2) Create workflow and custom entities to record all required changes, but it's cumbersome to do so. As an IT Manager, I would foresee the management may need to track other entities and fields in near future. http://community.dynamics.com/blogs/crmteam/archive/2008/06/13/use-workflow-to-co...

Short cut keys
Could someone please tell me of the shortcut key to the "check address" icon on the toolbar. I couldn't find it. Thanks, Martin Try ALT+K. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "Martin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03a701c3b087$8cbc4c90$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Could someone please tell me of the shortcut key to > the "check address&quo...