Random List from Query

For accrediation purposes we have to audit a random 10% of our cases each
quarter I was wondering if there is a way to run a query or report that would
let me show a random 10% of cases for a specific provider.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Moving Parameter Queries
I have created a Parameter Query that imports transactions from an Access Database on my 'C' drive to "work out the bugs". It works just fine, however when I move it (as well as the related dqy file and the database) to a shared network drive so that others can access it, it sends back an ODBC driver error message. I am at a loss as to how to remedy this situation without recreating the query (very time consuming) at the new location Has anyone run into this before Any efforts will be much appreciated Tom Sounds like a confused link - am assuming your query pulls from a...

clip art in list box
i want to insert clip art into a drop list instead of text One word...Can't. Which technically is two words but you still can't... -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "mrmatt67" wrote: > i want to insert clip art into a drop list instead of text ...

Random emails tracked in CRM 3.0
Hello- Would anyone know why emails that have not been set to track in CRM would appear against random companies within CRM 3.0. ? This is a new company I've joined, and there was no IT handover, so I'm trying to bodge my way through things. They use Exchange 2003. I have checked the users' settings- they do not have 'track all emails' set. Many thanks L ...

Is there a way to query the Outlook database?
I want to extract some data from a few hundred emails I have, but each one is huge and rather than spending the half-hour it'll take opening them manually, searching for the tag string and then copy-pasting the value immediately after it into Excel, is there a way to query the email database directly using regular expressions or something similar? Just as an explanation: I have a few hundred emails with errors in them, and I want to extract the actual error code, but it's in different places pages down in each email. It always says "ErrCode: [" and then the 20-digit code. ...

Excel function query
Hi everyone, Somehow i need a formula or something similar which will do the following. Basically, i have a column (A) of cells with different dates in them (e.g. 11/10/07). I then have another column (B) with some blank cells and some cells with numerical values in them. What i want to do is make only the blank cells in column B turn blue if 60 days over the date in Column A passes. For example, cell A1 contains the following date: 11/07/07 and Cell B1 is blank. Therefore cell B1 should be blue because 60 days have passed since 11/07/07. Hopefully someone can help, and that makes se...

Selective Editing of Nickname list
Anyone know if there's anyway to selectively purge or add to the *.nk2 file that is built by outlook to autocomplete e-mail addresses? I know how to start from scratch but it sure would be nice to edit the list. Thanks John K To remove a single entry, * start a new message * type the partial name you want removed * when outlook suggests a name, use the arrow keys to highlight the entry and press the delete key /neo ps - steps above are for outlook 2002/2003. "John K" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1e11201c45554$28f11ac0$a601280a@phx.gb...

Finding a function call in queries
Does anyone know of a way to find if a function is being called from a query? Another words, I have a function that might be called from 1 or more queries in my DB and I am looking for a quick way to see which queries it is called from. With over 200 queries in my DB, it will take me some time to check them manually, and I have 2 functions to check. Is there a utility or something that will do this for me? Thanks! On Thu, 6 May 2010 15:57:01 -0700, cherman <cherman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Does anyone know of a way to find if a function is being calle...

Updating Distribution Lists
Just upgraded with a new computer from Outlook XP to Outlook 2003. All Contacts and info appeared to migrate very well. Only problem now is with Distribution Lists which also migrated. But when I try "Update Now," it will not recognize the Contacts folder and wants to convert all recipients to non-Contact status. That means when I update a Contact with a new e-mail address it won't be updated in the Distribution List. I already tried. Any thoughts on how to get the list to recognize the Contacts? DL's never survive an import. You'll have to recreate them if you w...

sort list using vba
I'm new to VBA, and I need to sort a list of data (name, team color), and then make it into a new list of people on team purple and one list of people on team yellow. can anyone please help me? thanks Try recording a macro when you do it manually. You may get very close to what you want. But it might be easier to just apply data|filter to your whole range. Then you can filter by team color to just show the Purple team (Vikings???). One other option is to look at how others approached the problem... Both Debra Dalgleish and Ron de Bruin may have solutions for you: Debra's site...

List of Missing checks for year or several months
Please tell me how I can run a report that will list only the missing checks from the register. Thanks. Great question. Hmmm. (Five minutes later he returns...) Nothing obvious appears to me. I know how I'd do it--since I don't see an obvious way to get there in Money--is that I'd pull the transactions for the account into Excel using MoneyLink. Then I'd sort by number, do some formula/copy/paste special values/ (repeat) stuff until I had it down to just unique check numbers. Then I'd do a formula looking for cases where the number is more than the previous number + 1. ...

Accessing Global Address List details with VBA
I have code that reads names from a local Distribution List and looks up the name in the Global Address List. The purpose is to retrieve a few of the details about the user that appear in the properties dialog box ... such as Street Address, City and State. My problem is that I only have Outlook 2003 which apparently does not have the GetExchangeUser object. How can I retrieve these pieces of information without the GetExchangeUser object? Here is my code so far ... which works as long as I have manually selected my local Distribution List. Thanks in advance for any help. ...

Empty custom Address List in Outlook
I don't know if this is an Exchange or Outlook problem yet so I'll start here. I created a custom Address List in the Exchange System Manager. I previewed it, and it looks good. When I go into Outlook and switch to that List, it's empty. I checked the security and it's inheriting from the parent. So it has the same permissions as the default Address Lists. Any ideas? Exchange '03 SP1 on Server '03 SP1, using Outlook '02 SP3 Can you check in OWA and see if it's also empty? James Chong MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+ msexchangetips.blogspot.com mcoppa@gm...

Error Exporting Access Query Results to Excel
I'm having 2 different problems exporting query results from Access to Excel (Office 2007). Problem 1: I do what I've always done, in Access VBA get ADO recordset from query results, instantiate Excel, get a range object, use the range object's CopyFromRecordset method. This has always worked in the (pre-Office 2007) past for me. It is much easier than iterating records and columns and assigning values to cells. Now, I get an error -2147467259 Automation Error Unspecified Error. I'm guessing this is because 2 of my recordset fields are pictures in Attach...

Getting at list box's scroll bars
My CListCtrl saga is nearly at an end. When user clicks an item, I pop up a temporary list box in the appropriate position so user can select new setting. The only problem is that on initial display of the list BOX, the list BOX's vertical scroll bar is dead to the mouse until something is selected in the list box. m_ListBox.SetCurSel( BlahBlah ) ; m_ListBox.ShowWindow( TRUE ) ; m_ListBox.SetFocus() ; m_ListBox.SetCapture() ; Remove the SetCapture() and the dead mouse problem goes away (creating hassle elsewhere). So, presumably I need to get a handle to the list box'...

Numbering a list of calculated Rows.......Advice Please
Can anyone advise me how to number the first column of my worksheet. I want the number to automatically increment when I enter the first cell of following row. I do not want this number to be entered manually. I need to be able to delete rows randomly and for the the row numbers to automatically renumber in numerical order with no numerical gaps. For example if I have a column 1,2,3,4,5, and delete 3, I would like the column to automatically renumber as 1234 and not 1,2,4,5. I hope I have explained myself correctly. I have a copy of Excel 2002 InsideOut, but can't find a method to do ...

sql aggregate query
My table ID - Autonumber Field Patientid - This can have a number of records with the same number dDate is the date of the record and can be duplicated. I need to create a new table with the max of date for each unique patient id. So far not a problem. SELECT TblCurrentEncounter.Patientid, Max(TblCurrentEncounter.dDate) AS MaxOfdDate FROM TblCurrentEncounter GROUP BY TblCurrentEncounter.Patientid; But the kicker is that i need the id of the row containing the max of date. As soon as i try to add ID to the query I get error about not being part of the aggregate function. Any ideas w...

How to eliminate from Outlook Address Book drop down list
When I create a new message, and select the "To" button, Many categories show up that either I created individual folders in the past in contacts, or the categories no longer exist in my outlook. How do I eliminate those from showing up in the drop down list? Thanks, TJ Go to properties of the ones you want to remove and untick "show this folder as an e0mail adress book". Jet >-----Original Message----- >When I create a new message, and select the "To" button, Many >categories show up that either I created individual folders in the >past in c...

How to get query to return total using wildcard
I have a query that has 3 criterion in it as follows: Business Unit, Location, Category. These criterion are all chosen by the user on a loaded form. Currently the results then are based on what is chosen from a drop down list for each of the 3 criterion. The user also wants a total option. Meaning if Business Unit is chosen, and Location and Category are not chosen (or if a wildcard is chosen) the result returns a total based on that Business Unit. How do I write this in the query? You have to use a union query, one part for details and the other for the totals. Use cri...

List Box 01-23-08
I found the property control that will allow me to select several rows of records within my list box. I would like those selected records to print out on a report. How do I distinguish between those that are selected and those that are not and have them print out on a report along with other records that appear on my form? Thanks ...

Query to see what percentage of people scored a specific number
I am fairly new to access and have created a great database. However the queries are now becomming more complicated than I expected. I have two fields (Goal One and Goal Two) the nurse asks the patient have they met their goal. They use a 1-5 rating scale. 1=no, 2=sometimes, 3=likely, 4=most and 5=always. They select the number from a drop down list. I need to see how many patients were given a one, a two, a three etc.... and what percentage of patients were given a three or higher. I need to know this for goal one and goal two seperatly. There are many ways. A relatively simpl...

Listing 'last used' date
Hi folks. We have literally hundreds of databases and my boss wants me to try and produce a listing where we can idenatify the tables etc., and link a 'last used' date, in order to delete those that are no longer used. Has anyone any ideas about how to go about this? Mike MacKinnon wrote: > Hi folks. We have literally hundreds of databases and my boss wants > me to try and produce a listing where we can idenatify the tables > etc., and link a 'last used' date, in order to delete those that are > no longer used. > > Has anyone any ideas about how to go abou...

Canadian Banks not listed!
I just bought Money 2004 'CANADIAN' edition. There are no Canadian Banks listed. I tried following the advice for regional settings and to switch to US and back. None worked. I have searched this newsgroup and have found a number of similar problems posted. I think MS should step up to the plate and tell us if this is a known problem, they are working on it, and wait for the patch. ...

check numbers in a list
good day excelers,i have 7 columns d:j and 557 rows of seven digit part numbers.what i have to do is check new part numbers against the existing list,(unfortunately they are not in numerical order) and to highlite them if possible.i can put the new part number in columns k2:q2.is there a method to do this.any info will be greatly appreciated. thx wynb -- wynb 1. Select D1:J557. 2. Go to Format > Conditional Formatting. 3. Select "Formula Is" under Condition 1 and put: =COUNTIF($K$2:$Q$2,D1) 4. Press the Format radio button and format as desired. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA &...

How to re-insert Windows Mail in the top of the Start Menu list?
Thinking AOL web-mail would be used as the E-mail client on this system, to avoid confusion, Windows Mail was removed from the Start Menu list. The program remains on the system, and it has been possible to place an icon on the desktop to access it, but it would be good if it could be restored to its rightful place at the top (under the Internet Explorer link) of the Start menu (what you get when clicking on the encircled Microsoft symbol in the lower left corner of the screen). How should that be done? AOL web-mail has lost out to Windows Mail as the preferred e-mail client, ...

Distribution Lists, Multiple copies sent?
I recently implemented an exchange server as part of a small business server install for our organization. We had previously hosted mail at our ISP. We had several listserv's there, which i converted to distribution lists by adding the people on the lists to our AD as contacts. When a staff member sends a message to this list, it appears to send multiple times (looks like four or five). What could be the causes of this? Thanks in advance for your help. ...