Quote customize

Ok I have CRM 3.0 installed and want to modify the qoute to add a logo an
make some changes, where do I do that?

Thanks
Carlos

0
Carlos
2/1/2007 10:35:11 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

If you are talking about the word merge document, you can open the quote.dot
file (it will be in your user templates dir on your machine) and edit it.
You need ot show the Field codes as most of the content is embedded in merge
fields.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"Carlos" <palcar@gmail.com> wrote in message
Ok I have CRM 3.0 installed and want to modify the qoute to add a logo an
make some changes, where do I do that?

Thanks
Carlos

0
Matt
2/2/2007 12:16:35 AM
I meant when you create a quote and do print preview
"Matt Parks" <mattp65@Yax_RemoveDashAndX_xhoo.com> wrote in message
> If you are talking about the word merge document, you can open the
> quote.dot
> file (it will be in your user templates dir on your machine) and edit it.
> You need ot show the Field codes as most of the content is embedded in
> merge
> fields.
>
> --
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>

> "Carlos" <palcar@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Ok I have CRM 3.0 installed and want to modify the qoute to add a logo an
> make some changes, where do I do that?
>
> Thanks
> Carlos

0
Carlos
2/2/2007 3:08:55 AM
Unfortunately, you can not modify the print preview forms.

--

I meant when you create a quote and do print preview
"Matt Parks" <mattp65@Yax_RemoveDashAndX_xhoo.com> wrote in message
> If you are talking about the word merge document, you can open the
> quote.dot
> file (it will be in your user templates dir on your machine) and edit it.
> You need ot show the Field codes as most of the content is embedded in
> merge
> fields.
>
> --
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>

> "Carlos" <palcar@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Ok I have CRM 3.0 installed and want to modify the qoute to add a logo an
> make some changes, where do I do that?
>
> Thanks
> Carlos

0
Matt

How to create new lead for existing customer?
We are tracking all new leads, whether it is a new prospect or new lead within an existing customer. But when you enter a new lead, it will not allow you to pull an existing account. You have to rekey all company data. Any thoughts? Seems kind of like a backwards approach (which is why there's no option to do this). I would think you would just create a new contact inside an existing account. -- Brandon IT Director Presentations Direct - Office Equipment & Supplies http://www.presentationsdirect.com "Jan Kratochvil" <Jan Kratochvil@discussions.microsoft.com>...

"status annulled"
How do I can to clear "status annulled" of an invoice???? Anybody?? Thanks $ Regards!! NanyG. ...

rename "Series" in a line graph
Thanks to Tushar Mehta, I was able to add multiple line graphs within the same graph. But, now, can I rename the "series" to the actual dates? In other words, Excel automatically names each line "Series 1, Series 2, Series 3" etc. But, I want to call them May 1, May 2, May 3, etc. I've tried right-clicking, double-clicking (within the graph), etc. but no luck. Is there any way to rename "Series" to whatever I want? not sure if this is what you mean? go to Chart-->Source Data and click on the Series tab. You can name your series in there. &qu...

A document with the name "xx" is already open......
Opening excel documents directly from the My Documents folder with the program not open we get the following error message: "A document with the name "xxx.xls" is already open. You cannot open ttwo documents with the same name, even if the documents are in different folders. To open the second document, either close the document that's currently open or rename one of the documents" No other documents are open. When we close the error message everything is fine. When we first open Excel and then open from there, we do not get this error message. How can we...

Passport and quotes in Money
Been posting that can not download any quotes for update investments. Know online because can use certain parts of money. See that a passport may be needed in order to down load quotes. If enter my passport which works on MSN it will not work on Money, keep saying try and enter you passport again. Never had a problem with Quicken so getting close to deleting money and installing an old quicken. Good. Then post their newsgroup complaints can. "L" <grchavnf@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:034201c3cd66$94473a00$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Been posting that can not download a...

Edit items in "Revieve Inventory"
In the Item receipt, receive inventory, is there a way to edit items as we put them in? This would be a great place to be able to edit basic price, cost & description info while we have Vendor invoices right there. Am I missing the ability to this? -- Thanks! David D. L.S.B. Double-click on the ILC and it will open up the item properties where you can change anything you'd like. Craig "David D." <DavidD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AFD0EF05-CA98-4CB1-824C-AD84E50375DE@microsoft.com... > In the Item receipt, receive inventory,...

Error after creation a custom field with Schema manager
This is my first attempt to customize the CRM. I used Schema manager to create a new field (attribute) and it seemed to be allright there. Then I published the customization, restarted the IIS and entered the CRM. Now an attempt to enter the customized area (I tried it with Leads and Opportunities) produces an Error without any informative message. Yet, I successfully customized a form with a new tab, new screen controls and OnChange event. Did anybody encounter a similar problem and/or knows a cure? boazM Do you removed any field? To see the error details turn On DevErros key on web.co...

Batch in "updating" mode
We posted a batch in A/P, but it is in a perpetual "updating" status. We just want to delete it as we have already rekeyed and posted the payables for that week. We cannot get into the batch. It says it cannot be edited. I was told to rename the SY00800.dat and SY00800.idx files, but that did not work. We use Dynamics cTree v 6.0. Any advice would be appreciated. You should have access to the CustomerSource knowledge base on microsoft.com. Find this article: Batch held in Posting, Receiving, Busy, Marked, Locked, or Edited status in Great Plains Standard (866303) To ac...

"If And "formular Or somthing else
I need Help with a formular !!!!! C1 6.5 D1 7.5 E1 Actual F1 I need result if the Actual = 0.00 - 3.24 I need result verry low if the Actual = 3.25 - 6.49 I need result medium low if the Actual = 6.50 - 7.50 I need result Neutral if the Actual = 7.51 -10.76 I need result medium high if the Actual = 10.77 - 14.00 I need result verry high So if i enter in E1 "7" the result i need in F1 "7 Neutral" . if i enter in E1 "2" teh result i need in F1 " 2 verry low" Try something like: =E1 & " " & IF(E1<3.25,&quo...

Subject line "Updated:" annoying
I don't know about anyone else, but I find that the length of a calendar item Subject line is precious. Particularly when viewed in a calendar grid or on a synced mobile device. I want to be able to recognize a meeting in the first 20-ish characters. I will often re-edit my copy of meeting invites to fit my context. Therefore, I do not like Outlook's behavior of prepending "Updated:" to meetings that have been changed by the inviter. I know the meeting was updated when I accepted the change. (No I don't allow that to automate). Is there a way to s...

Outlook Custom Form Installation Error
Here is my problem: We just upgraded Microsoft Office 2003 to Service Pack 3, and now a custom form is broken. The users that used this form used to double click the .oft file on their desktop to launch it. Now when they double-click it, they get a message saying "The custom form could not be opened. Outlook will use an Outlook form instead." When I attempt to install the form to Outlook using the Tools --> Options --> Other --> Advanced Options --> Custom Forms --> Manage Forms --> Install option, I get this error message: ---------------------- The form could not...

the Statistical symbol "Xbar"
Does anyone know have to get or make an "Xbar" symbol for Excel? I can't seem to find one in the symbols available thanks, mike duclos Mike, Take a look at this post... http://makeashorterlink.com/?A2D012F6C Jim Cone San Francisco, USA Free add-ins... http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware "Mike D" <MikeD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5A667FD-7CDF-430D-8DC3-3FF0914B5D79@microsoft.com Does anyone know have to get or make an "Xbar" symbol for Excel? I can't seem to find one in the symbols available thanks, mi...

Could not install the custom action
I'm running O2K7-TR and just recently started getting this error whenever I go to work with a message. I get the error whether I'm composing new, replying or forwarding. I'm trying to figure out where to look to troubleshoot this. All the searches I've done on custom actions have to either pertain to message rules or forms. Obviously, something is no longer where it was but the question is where and what is trying to access it. I'm thinking that because it's happening on any kind of composition that it is relating to the default template but i can't mak...

Changing text "A" to a number?
In cell A1 I have the either Letter a, b or c. I would like to give them a numerical value of 1, 2 and 3 in the adjacent cell. Can someone post or point me to the formula? Thanks Try this: =3DCODE(LOWER(A1))-96 Then copy down. Hope this helps. Pete On Apr 11, 5:15=A0pm, Larry <Yak...@gmail.com> wrote: > In cell A1 I have the either Letter a, b or c. > I would like to give them a numerical value of 1, 2 and 3 in the > adjacent cell. > Can someone post or point me to the formula? > Thanks One way: = CODE(UPPER(A1)) - 64 another: =MATCH(A1,{"a","...

CRM 4.0 Display content of custom entity throws exception.
The following errorreport is shown on a display request for a custom entrity: http://perfectv-mcjywm:5555/GemeenteRommeldam/_root/homepage.aspx?etc=10036 Microsoft CRM Error Report: Error Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Error Details: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. Full Stack: [FormatException: Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes (xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx).] ...

counting totals, but not using "like"
Morning all, i have a pretty simple query totaling up the Incidents for a year. The field I am looking up is a text field, that has a lookup to another table (I know, most people don't like that, but I have a lot of options there) When I run the query: SELECT Count(tblSENEIncidentLogCY.[NATURE OF DISTRESS]) AS [CountOfNATURE OF DISTRESS] FROM tblDISTRESS INNER JOIN tblSENEIncidentLogCY ON tblDISTRESS.DISTRESS = tblSENEIncidentLogCY.[NATURE OF DISTRESS]; no problem, gives me a Total number of all entries in that field. What I am trying to do is have a number of only t...

How to copy custom number formats
Hello All I have a custom number format for a Excel Cell A1 which is #,##0.00 "CAD" and in A1 I now have a value 1000 CAD. I have assigned cell B1 as =A1 but an external application when the report is run populated now cell A1 as 20000 MXP and now my cell B1 says 20000 CAD and not 20000 MXP and when I check the format for B1 it still as the format as #,##0.00 "CAD" whereas now the format of my cell A1 is #,##0.00 "MXP" appears only the value and not the format is being copied. Can any of you suggest a workaround to resolve this problem. Many thanks Simon ...

"Parking" a second domain in Exchange.
Hi, Is it possible to "park" an additional domain on top of a domain in Exchange? By way of example, what I'm after is to set it up so that any email sent to a_user_name@domain-name-2.org where a_user_name is _any_ valid user account for domain-name-1.org will automatically be delivered to the correct user. Is it possible to do this at a high level, for any/all users, without having to go in to edit each individual user's account to allow them to recieve emails sent to the second domain name? Thanks in advance, Ben If Exchange 2000, you get the MX to point to your server...

CRM 3.0 Problem Adding License
I am trying to add a NEW license to an existing 10U CRM 3.0 Pro server installation. I got that key from our MSDN subscription. We are a Gold Certified partner. However, the License Manager has DELETE and UPGRADE licenses both grayed out and I cannot add any new licenses. Each time I try, I get the error "a server license has already been added". I can't even delete the existing license to add a new one. I have tried closing all client connections and disabling the server and that too makes no difference. I have also tried to register, assuming that these options may ...

"Runtime Error: Subscript Out of Range"
What the heck does this mean? If you hadn't guessed, I'm new to macros I'm getting this message when I try to run one of mine. THe macro open another workbook, copies two rows, pastes them, then copies the colo pallette, then closes the other workbook. When I ran them after writin them yesterday, they all worked fine, but now, I'm getting an error Here's the VBA (Which I know nothing about) if it will shed any light Any ideas -- bludovic ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bludovico's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?ac...

Why does calendar dates that I receive go directly to "Delete" box
Calendar dates that I receive from others in the bldg. go directly to my "Delete" box. Does anyone know how I can change them to go to my "Inbox"? Are the appointments added to your calendar? What is your configuration in Tools, options, email options, tracking options: http://slipstick.me/jing/receipts.png -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newslette...

Spam still getting through "Safe Lists Only"
Just like the topic says. Unfortunately, someone of spamming me from my own domain. What is "Safe Lists Only" since Outlook doesn't have that natively? What version of Outlook? What 3rd party Add Ins do you have? What type of mail account? "Tony" <Tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5AE887C-760E-4754-A4F4-E44BBB7F6BE9@microsoft.com... > Just like the topic says. > > Unfortunately, someone of spamming me from my own domain. "Kathleen Orland" <korland@nospamrogers.com> wrote in message news:ez0ZYo$qKH...

Customer Vendor Consolidation Activation
Exactly which modules are required to be registered to use the Customer/Vendor Transactions within GP? The KB article below indicates I need RM and PM along with the SQL version. I have all that and yet I cannot turn on the functionality. I am able to see this feature on the sample company, but it just does not appear on my live company. I was told that the Refunds Checks module was necessary to make it work...I now have that registered and still no luck. What am I missing? Steve +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Using Customer/Vendor Consolidations, you can consolidate ba...

How do I import ".pst" files from Outlook 2000into Outlook 2007?
I am a naive user and am trying to transfer my Outlook 2000 files to Outlook 2007 which I have on a new computer. Every time I try to import a ".pst" file into Outlook 2007, a window opens telling me I do not have the permission required to access the file to be imported even though I am logged on as the Adminstrator. What am I doing wrong? The Old One wrote: > I am a naive user and am trying to transfer my Outlook 2000 files to Outlook > 2007 which I have on a new computer. Every time I try to import a ".pst" > file into Outlook 2007, a window opens tell...

Be able to change address and customer account info @ each store
Be able to change address and customer account information in each store,instead of only at headquarters. Perhaps this could be an assigned security level. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups...