Quickbooks vs. CRM for invoicing

Can anyone offer any suggestions on whether or not we should use Quickbooks
Professional Edition or CRM to do our invoicing & quoting.

Our invoice porocess ties directly into how many hours is spent working for
each customer, and tracking what is done. Our quote process is really just a
template for reselling hardware & software. Can CRM do this? (FYI, we already
use CRM for sales) and Quickbooks for Accounting only.

Invoicing and quoting are both manual processes right now.

Thanks
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

"circulent" <circulent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone offer any suggestions on whether or not we should use
> Quickbooks
> Professional Edition or CRM to do our invoicing & quoting.

    Experiment with CRM a bit and you'll see the differences.  To me the
invoicing in CRM 3 seems like a good start but it sort of just stops in
places...like it can't calculate sales tax.  I'm hoping CRM 4, which is
imminent, improves that area a lot.

    If I'm not mistaken MS Small Business Accounting ties into other
Dynamics products but *not* CRM, is that right?

 - Steve Yates
 - ITS, Inc.
 - "I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it." -- Groucho
Marx

~ Taglines by Taglinator - www.srtware.com ~

0
Steve
11/10/2006 8:45:02 PM
Steve,

When is CRM 4 due to come out? Also, does MS Accouting tie into CRM or were
you just asking me?

Thanks

> When is CRM 4 due to come out?

    I did a quick search and this article doesn't reference "4.0" just "a
new version." It says, "Dynamics CRM will be available when Office 2007 is
released."

http://www.cio.com/blog_view.html?CID=26431

> Also, does MS Accouting tie into CRM or were
> you just asking me?

    I thought I read it tied into other Dynamics software but not CRM.

 - Steve Yates
 - ITS, Inc.
 - Persons reading between the lines do so at their own risk.

~ Taglines by Taglinator - www.srtware.com ~

0
Steve
11/21/2006 7:19:41 PM
The version mentioned in that article is an update for version 3.0,
supporting Office 2007 and Vista. Look at
http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2006/08/30/730678.aspx for more
information. The next version of CRM (code name Titan) should be available
next summer.

--
Michael

Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2
Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx

"Steve Yates" <steve@teamITS.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> "circulent" <circulent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> When is CRM 4 due to come out?
>
>    I did a quick search and this article doesn't reference "4.0" just "a
> new version." It says, "Dynamics CRM will be available when Office 2007 is
> released."
>
> http://www.cio.com/blog_view.html?CID=26431
>

>> Also, does MS Accouting tie into CRM or were
>> you just asking me?
>
>    I thought I read it tied into other Dynamics software but not CRM.
>
> - Steve Yates
> - ITS, Inc.
> - Persons reading between the lines do so at their own risk.
>
> ~ Taglines by Taglinator - www.srtware.com ~

0
Michael
11/21/2006 8:37:49 PM
"Michael H�hne" <michael.hoehne@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> The version mentioned in that article is an update for version 3.0,
> supporting Office 2007 and Vista. Look at
> http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2006/08/30/730678.aspx for more
> information. The next version of CRM (code name Titan) should be available
> next summer.

    Oh.  Is this different than 3.0 "rollup 1"?

 - Steve Yates
 - ITS, Inc.
 - "My stars!," said the astrologer gazingly.

~ Taglines by Taglinator - www.srtware.com ~

0
Steve

Add new user in CRM 3.0
On a new system, using the web interface to add a new user, ust after putting in domain\username I get the message "An error has occurred. For more information contact your system admnistrator" - no info from AD is displayed. Using the Deployment Manager, I never manage to get any domains or users listed. This leaves me unable to add users at all.. Single Domain: Win2003 with AD. SQL 2005 Svr SP1 Any help would be appreciated.. You might go to the web.config file in the CRM root folder and set remote errors to Off so you can get an informative error message. -- Matt Wittema...

Problem with resolution of CRM contact emails
Hi, Our system seems to have a problem with contact email addresses. When Outlook autofills CRM contact emails it sometimes does not resolve the email, only the contact name. I'm finding it difficult to replicate this problem, but some of te CRM users have definitely experienced it. Has anyone met this scenario before? (and does anyone know what to do about it???) Thanks! Tom ...

Current Yield vs. Yield to Maturity at low prices
When comparing Current Yield to YTM (as calculated from the Excel Yield () function), there are instances when Current Yield > YTM for discounted bonds. I can't seem to make sense of this. For example, the Current Yield for a $100 par-valued bond, with a 10% rate, and price of 1 is 10. But using the function Yield(11/1/09, 11/1/11, 10%, 1, 100, 4) gives a YTM of 9.35 I notice this is only happening with extremely low-priced bonds. I don't think there would ever be an instance when YTM < Current Yield, except for bonds purchased at a premium, so could this is a prob...

Quickbooks vs. CRM for invoicing
Can anyone offer any suggestions on whether or not we should use Quickbooks Professional Edition or CRM to do our invoicing & quoting. Our invoice porocess ties directly into how many hours is spent working for each customer, and tracking what is done. Our quote process is really just a template for reselling hardware & software. Can CRM do this? (FYI, we already use CRM for sales) and Quickbooks for Accounting only. Invoicing and quoting are both manual processes right now. Thanks "circulent" <circulent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:984826A...

Excel 2002: How to select an invoice entry ?
Hi, Let's consider the table below: A B C 1 Invoice Line code Selection 2 2010030101 18 A 3 2010030101 2 A 4 2010030102 3 B 5 2010030102 3 B 6 2010030103 18 A 7 2010030103 6 A 8 2010030104 4 B 9 2010030104 6 B 10 2010030105 ...

Contact Group in CRM
Hallo Everyone, How can we add Contact Group in CRM. as i have add 50 Users email addresses in one group in order send email for all users at same time. Kind Regards, SAB Create a view with the 50 contacts. Then use that view to bulk email, using the button on the grid toolbar "SyedAbdulbasith" <syedsaab@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:45E4A57C-BC70-48FB-8A41-D6D25107F69B@microsoft.com... > Hallo Everyone, > How can we add Contact Group in CRM. as i have add 50 Users email > addresses > in one group in order send email for all users at same time. > >...

how to print a blank invoice in money 2004?
ok there has got to be a way to print a blank invoice in money 2004 right? the program would be useless to most people if you can't print a blank one for the service call away from your desk so please if you have done this show me how I,m new at this thanks jim I don't think you can without first designating a customer. And then, MSMo won't let you print an invoice without adding at least one item. I would suggest you greate a invoice in Excel, powerpoint or word to take with you -- or better yet stop in Staples a buy a bunch of blank invoices for a couple of bucks. &g...

CRM 4 no longer supporting sql 2000
Could someone from Microsoft please explain to me why the latest version of "Microsoft DYnamics" GP supports sql 2000, but the latest version of "Microsoft Dynamics" CRM does not? If a customer has both, that already upgraded to Dynamics 10 on sql 2000, cannot upgrade CRM, due to them dropping support on sql 2000. How is sql 2000 not supported, when it's supported with Microsoft and DYnamics GP? If you go to this website http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/?p1=2852 you will find that mainstream support for SQL 2000 finished on 8 April 2008, so is no longer ...

Email Tracking in CRM 11-02-07
When we send an email from Outlook and "track it", it places the email in History for the account associated with it. How do we make CRM use the sender of the email who is the OwnerID (created by) field show up instead of SYSTEM. Is SYSTEM a user that CRM uses internally when emails come in? ...

CRM 4 and MOSS Document Library Integration
Hi I would like to learn how to integrate CRM Accounts to have own document library /site in MOSS (SharePoint). Does anyone know of any good blogs/guides i can following to achieve this. I am not really interested in buy add on's/connectors. Many Thanks Newbie http://blogs.msdn.com/ukcrm/archive/2008/04/11/sharepoint-3-0-document-libraries-crm.aspx Oldie "Newbie" <NewBie@newbie.com> wrote in message news:%23d2J$bTVJHA.4948@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I would like to learn how to integrate CRM Accounts to have own document > library /site in MO...

Changing Business Units in CRM 3.0
Can someone confim this statement or correct me etc.........if I need to change a few users' BU (business unit no longer extsts) and they are using the CRM Client, do they need to be in off-line mode and have their most recent edits updated to system of record? On Jun 10, 1:44 am, KEO <K...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can someone confim this statement or correct me etc.........if I need to > change a few users' BU (business unit no longer extsts) and they are using > the CRM Client, do they need to be in off-line mode and have their most > recent edits ...

CRM Role/Privileges Report
Is there a report, or, even better, a bit of SQL code, that will generate a report or listing of each business unit, its roles, and their level of privileges for each function? Thanks! Anyone? On Apr 25, 2:33 pm, LeftyRodiguez <rifle...@gmail.com> wrote: > Is there a report, or, even better, a bit of SQL code, that will > generate a report or listing of each business unit, its roles, and > their level of privileges for each function? > > Thanks! On May 2, 8:35=A0am, LeftyRodiguez <rifle...@gmail.com> wrote: > Anyone? > On Apr 25, 2:33 pm, LeftyRodiguez <...

CRM Integration for GP
I have been trying to install the CRM integration for GP 7.5 but have been stuck with Error 1722 and BizTalk 2000 would not install. I have searched all MBS or MSDN and MS knowledge base, but they were all dead ends to my issue. I have tried removing the Namespace as one KB explained, but my problem is that there's no previous installed BizTalk to remove. And there is the issue with regards to terminal server must be in Remote Admin mode. I am positively sure that it is installed as Remote Admin twice. The environment is that on a Windows 2000 server DC with CRM 1.2 and GP 7.5 in...

Bulk Email Not Sending in CRM 4
Hi, I have been having no problems with this up until a couple of weeks ago. Basically, when contacts are selected, send direct email clicked and template selected the emails are not leaving the organisation. I have looked at system jobs and it says that thy have succeeded and I have tried this with both the outlook client and the webclient. Also I have restarted both services several times also applied the hotfix for the router service. Have I missed something or is there a way to monitor bulk emails to see where this is falling over, we are using exchange 2003 SP2 for routing. Any ...

How to update Contact lookups in CRM 4.0
How can I use CRM 4.0 Import to update the lookups of existing Contact records? The lookups to be updated are stored in a .CSV file with the corresponding contactid of the Contact record. I read from the CRM Help file that there is a "enrich data by updating records rather than creating new records" facility but I wasn't able to make this checkbox appear. I tried to do it but keep encountering this error message, "A SQL Server error occurred. Try this action again. If the problem continues, check the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Community for solutions or contact your organ...

Can you deploy internet facing CRM 4 on SBS?
At a CRM 4 briefing session I picked up that IFD required a separate server for authentication. I have a CRM 3 Small Business deployment on SBS 2003. Can I upgrade this to CRM 4 Workgroup edition on SBS 2003 and activate IFD - using just the one existing server? BillB Bill, I have IFD working against an SBS server with no issues. Jason Roy "BillB" <BillB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7696AAB8-CA82-4744-A297-9D29EECCE4AE@microsoft.com... > At a CRM 4 briefing session I picked up that IFD required a separate > server > for authentication. ...

CRM should include a spell checker
---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=f49b7db5-123e-4496-a3cf-d891f10ae57d&dg=microsoft.public.crm There are a few Spell Checking Utilities in the ISV market...

Emailing Quotes, Orders and Invoices in Microsoft CRM 3.0
Currently, there is no way to send out Quotes, Orders and Invoices to customers through the Microsoft CRM 3.0 interface. This is a primary requirement for many customers as Sales persons need to email quotes to their leads and accounts. Is there a way this can be achieved? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and...

Integrate RMS 2.0 w/ QB10 (Quickbooks 10)???
Hi all, Can I integrate RMS 2.0 w/ Quickbooks 10? I was able to integrate RMS 1.3 and 2.0 w/ past version of QB, but now that QB10 is all I can get, I cannot get the integration to retrieve files. I have populated my QB company file template and upgraded it to 10, but now am super stuck on the integration. Is it because I need to install the company template on a past version of QB> then integrate and then upgrade the QB file!? Oh, this would be super annoying. I would just like to know if it is still possible to integrate RMS w/ QB now that QB is QB10. Thanks!!! -- ...

Cannot choose the column in CRM view Options
hi, I saw this posted message and reply. http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.crm/browse_thread/thread/b92258ec1833cee4/6838c74495352d3c?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=can%27t+select+column+in+view#6838c74495352d3c I was also experiencing this problem and I was able to resolve it by following the suggestion of Mr. David Jennaway. I like to understand why does it work. Why does adding about:blank to Local Interet Zone, in IE options fix the problem. Please explain what is the signifcance of adding about:blank to IE 's Local Internet Zone. thanks, nitamdin -------------------------...

Naming Microsoft Dynamics CRM to another brand name
I guess MS Dynamics CRM should be called RM instead of CRM RM would be Relation Management So it could be called, Microsoft Dynamics Relation Management (DRM) <-maybe better The issue is that the CRM has is wongly preceived by people who are looking for certain tools. Current CRM could be used for any "case management like" system, the name CLIENT is branding the current CRM as if it is only for Marketing and Sales ((of products)) to ((clients)), not even a service -- HassanEl-Meligy ...

Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Web Resources: Data (XML) and Style Sheet (XSL)
As I began to dig into the wonderful world of Web Resources in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, I found some great examples of Silverlight, HTML, and JScript Web Resources but the examples which seem to be the most elusive are those dedicated to the use of XSL and XML. That is until today! In this post, I am going to create a very basic example. In this example I have a static XML document which I want to display in a dashboard. The XML document uses a simple XSL style sheet to format my XML data. Finally, I include an HTML Web Resource which consumes both the XML and XSL Web Resources. Seem...

Internal vs External e-mail address
Exchange 2003 Enterprise SP2 Outlook 2003 SP2 When a user with an exchange address of joeblow@domain.com sends a e-mail to an external address of joeblow@anotherdomain.com, Exchange delivers it to the internal Exchange user mailbox joeblow@domain.com, and not to the external address joeblow@anotherdomain.com. Message tracking shows that the e-mail is never directed to smtp for outbound delivery. Has anyone seen this behaviour? Never. What does the sent item say? Internal or external? "Charlie M" <CharlieM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4520A501-A980-...

Password for exchange vs sbs client computer login?
Is there a way to have a seperate password for exchange 2003 that does not match the sbs client workstation login? (same user) Tom no...authentication on a mailbox is via the AD account...what is your goal? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Tom A" <tsa68@verizon.net> wrote in message news:OjfyfVnZHHA.5044@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to have a seperate password for exchange 2003 > that does not match the sbs client workstation login? (same user) > > > Tom > > We are a small company, have generic passwords for some clients. Some of my users ...