questions on redeployment tool to copy production to test

In our environment, we have production and test CRM systems on two different
domains/forest. Both have CRM running right now. Our objective is to refresh
the CRM data in the test environment from Production.

1. The guide says that we need to create a new OU before starting the
deployment tool. Do we need to create a new OU for our test system again. The
OU is already present. What do we need to do to the OU and the users in it
already in the test environment?

2. After the deployment wizard step in the document, the next step is
Install Microsoft CRM. Do we need this step as it is already installed? After
running the deployment wizard, do we need to install CRM again on the test
server.

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

The Redeployment Wizard will not run in CRM is already installed on the
server.  It will basically synch AD with the DB, so your first step would be
to uninstall and remove the existing DBs & AD groups.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"KT" <KT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
In our environment, we have production and test CRM systems on two different
domains/forest. Both have CRM running right now. Our objective is to refresh
the CRM data in the test environment from Production.

1. The guide says that we need to create a new OU before starting the
deployment tool. Do we need to create a new OU for our test system again.
The
OU is already present. What do we need to do to the OU and the users in it
already in the test environment?

2. After the deployment wizard step in the document, the next step is
Install Microsoft CRM. Do we need this step as it is already installed?
After
running the deployment wizard, do we need to install CRM again on the test
server.

0
Matt

Macro Button Question
Heya All, I am trying to insert and delete rows using macros. Ive assigned the Macro to a button, but would like to be able to insert (and delete) exactly where the button is on the worksheet, no matter where the activecell is.. So, I guess my question is, is it possible to get the cell reference behind a graphic button? Or, even better, assign a macro to a cell? ta, Maria Maria There are "insert row" and "insert column" buttons available from Tools>Customize>Commands>Insert Also "delete row" and "delete column" buttons available from To...

Test message, please discard
TEST POSTING - PLEASE DISCARD This post is to verify news connectivity and internal posting policies. No replies are necessary. We apologize for the noise. For more information, contact me at Fulvio.27297@schwarzschild.mcgill.ca ...

Drawing Tools Disabled
Hi All... I have an excel file in which the drawing tools are greyed out (i.e. buttons for Line, Arrow, Rectangle, Oval, Text Box etc.)... At first I thought is was the program, but then I realized that if I created a new file, the drawing tools would come back... How do I enable the drawing tools? ... I don't recall disabling them in the first place... TIA! ... LavaDude... Is the worksheet protected? Tools|Protection|unprotect worksheet (You may need a password) Do you have multiple sheets grouped? (Look for [group] in the title bar. Just rightclick on one of the grouped...

How to transfer and copy Pictures from iPhone to computer?
[url=http://www.transfer-iphone.com/transfer-photos-from-iphone-to-computer-with-iphone-tool-kits.html][b]How to transfer and copy Pictures from iPhone to computer with iPhone Tool Kits?[/b][/url]Do you want to copy Photos/Pictures from iPhone to computer for printting? [url=http://www.transfer-iphone.com/transfer-files-sms-contacts-call-list-ibooks-from-iphone-to-computer.html][b]iPhone Tool Kits[/b][/url] is an easy to use utility designed to help you back up all your files on your iPhone, so that you can recover any lost or missing songs, videos, books, photos and so on. It can easily [b]ba...

Report filter question
Hi, I've done filters many times before, but something is not right and I can not see it. My report is running of a query which has NO selection criteria in it. It is just a logical view of a table. I have the following code in my report (it is hard coded only because I'm trying to debug the code": Me.Filter = "(((tblMailingList.MemType)='MT-S'))" Me.FilterOn = True I know that the filter code is correct because I went into design query and put MT-S for the Criteria in the field MemType and view the resulting SQL cod...

Copying content of Email
Hi, I need to copy and paste the contence of an email to a text file (the email is 8701kb) but I get a message on the bottom of the OE page that i`m trying to copy saying "searching message for hyperlinks" and it takes ages before I can paste it. How can I turn this off Can't you just save the e-mail as a txt file? File | Save As. Change the file type from eml to txt at the bottom. You can then open and edit the txt file. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "kim" <xxxxx@xxxxxxxx.com> wrote in mes...

Copy/Paste VBA
Ich will eine ganze Visio Seite kopieren mit allen Verbindungen zwischen den Shape und deren Verklebungen (glue Ich habs versucht mit select all, group , copy paste und ungroup auch mit der Option bei copy/paste das es an der orignalposition positioniert werden sol abe 1) die Positionen stimmten nicht überei 2) die Verbindungen waren eingetragen aber nicht verglue Was nun einer eine Version die funktioniert und einfach is thx, mfg Daniel H. You might try Copy / Paste without doing the Group / Ungroup. Are you working with a specific set of shapes? Some Visio shapes have protections t...

Tie Product to a Contract
I would like to tie a product to a contract. We sell software and I want to be able to open a maintenance contract for each software product I sell. How do I set this up in CRM? Have you looked at creating a field from Deployment manager and then tying that to another field in Products and then making it business required? Just tossing ideas out... ...

How do you use the Livescribe smartpen with MS Office products?
I just received a Pulse Smartpen as a gift and I love it. I am curious about how other users of Office products utilize their smartpen features with Office ...

How do I copy only subtotals to a new sheet?
Not including selecting each one individually. Select the range, press F5, select special and visible cells only, copy and paste Regards, Peo Sjoblom "darlinvee" wrote: > Not including selecting each one individually. Hi The way I do it is to set the grouping to display just the totals. Hit F5 and from Special select visible cells. Copy and Edit|Paste Special|Values where you want them to go! Andy. "darlinvee" <darlinvee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96DBD597-C934-4198-8407-370DB3369593@microsoft.com... > Not including selecting ...

crm 3.0
We put item serial numbers in the Invoice Products and print them on the Invoices. I would like to be able to view and search ALL Invoice Products to find them based on the Serial Numbers. Product Invoice [x] box is disabled in customize entity. How can I change this to enable so that the entities can easily be part of the Services menu? Our system is highly customized so I will accept any ideas or suggestions. ...

hwnd question
hwnd hA was created in process A hwnd hB was created in process B Q: is it legal for A to parent B ? Yes it is legal. But keep in mind these points. One thing to remember is that the child window sends message back to it parent. When your child window sends a message to it's parent window, the thread that the child window is in will block until the message is processed by the parent in a different thread. And be careful to destroy the thread with the child window before you destroy the parent window! Ali R. "anon" <someone@internet.com> wrote in message news:Oz3%23...

Several questions
I all of a sudden am using Excel again, this time Excel 7 and forgot how to do some things. 1.) How can I expand a page to fill the printer print area? 2.) How can I print all the worksheets on a single document? 3.) Or page 1 of each worksheet? TIA, GWB 1) You cannot expand a print area to fill a paper page. You can shrink it to fit a specified number of pages. Open Page Layout tab and launch (click on the arrow) the Scale to Fit group. 2) Office button (colourful ball) / Print / Print and in the Print What area (lower left corner of dialog)check the Entire Workbook box. 3) Off...

Any method to copy the hyperlink address from an Office Object?
Any method to copy the address content only from a hyperlinked Office Object and paste the same to a cell? You cannot copy the link address directly through Excel build-in menu . you need to use VBA code to do that. "Narnimar" wrote: > Any method to copy the address content only from a hyperlinked Office Object > and paste the same to a cell? Maybe you could use a userdefined function to extract the hyperlink from the cells that have them. Option Explicit Function GetURL(Rng As Range) As String Application.Volatile Set Rng = Rng(1) If...

KBV- vlookup question
In the vlookup formula, the range entered includes the columns that need to be searched for matching or similar values and the range also includes the column from which the corresponding value has to be returned. What if there are 2 or more columns within that range that match the lookup value? How does excel handle that? According to Help for Excel 2003, VLOOKUP "searches for a value in the first column of a table array." It only searches in that column for the lookup_value argument. -Ryan KBV wrote: > In the vlookup formula, the range entered includes the columns that ne...

Text Formula Question
In COL A, I have a list of 2 and 3 digit charactors. I would like to seperate each string into the three adjacent columns. KQ AJs TT 89s KQ K Q AJs A J s TT T T 89s 8 9 s I know that I can use the Left function for the first col, but cant figure out how to get just the middle or third letters. Thanks in advance, Andrew Check your last post! -- Regards, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! ------------------------------------------------...

MSCRM tools for data deduplication
Hi ppl, We are looking to use it for a potential MSCRM project for a large entreprise customer. The customer has multiple sources of customer data (over 5 databases), and what we are trying to achieve is to build a single source of customer data (ie, a customer master database in MSCRM). As there are multiple sources of customer data, there are many duplicate customer records. (eg, records could be in format such as Anthony Smith, Tony Smith, Toni Smith, etc). What we plan to do is to write some data conversion scripts using the MSCRM Data Migration Framework to load data from these datab...

Custom Tool bar button on Contacts/Leads/Account Forms Intermittently not working.
Hello CRM gurus, I have a weird issue with a clients web CRM 3 client. I have modified the 'isv.config.xml' and 'isv.confg' files to add a custom button to the contacts/leads/account forms. What seems to be happen, at times (seems to be random) the picture of the button doesn't show up, but the text does and the you cannot click on the button anymore. It only happens to one client PC, as the rest of the client PCs work without any problems. I have run out of ideas as to why this is occurring. Are there any log files that I can look at? Any help on this problem will be g...

Copying Attribute
I need to create a bunch of attributes which will all have the same picklist. Is there a way to save the list so I can replicate it? Also, is there a way to save any attribute so I can duplicate it multiple times and save it as a different name rather than having to start from scratch each time? If so, how? I want to know the same thing. In addition, is it possible to group attributes? I would like to group a section of fields, copy this section and preserve the picklist values. "Kenbo" wrote: > I need to create a bunch of attributes which will all have the same pickl...

Concerning Price Changing on Random Products. Please help!
It has been brought to my attention that certain products price have randomly changed. Certain products prices have either become lower or higher and there seems to be no correlation between products except for the fact that it affects only one price list. Does anyone have any ideas regarding this situation or has this happened to anyone else? THanks for your time. ...

Sheet Copy Creates Duplicate Naming Error
I've been copying sheets within a particular workbook and I get an error message that primarily states: " A formula or sheet you want to move or copy contains the name '......', which already exists on the destination worksheet. Do you want to use this version of the name? - To use the name as defined in the destination sheet, click YES. - To rename the range referred to in the formula or worksheet, click NO, and enter a new name in the Name Conflict dialog Box. " I know this is the normal message when you copy an entire sheet that contains named ranges, which i...

CSplitterWnd questions,
When my program starts, only one view of the four splitter window shows. I have to manually drag the bars to induce the other 3. My question is: how do I readjust the size of each splitter window in code? Also, what method do I use to get a HWND (or CWnd) to each subdivided window? vsgdp wrote: > When my program starts, only one view of the four splitter window shows. I > have to manually drag the bars to induce the other 3. My question is: how > do I readjust the size of each splitter window in code? Also, what method > do I use to get a HWND (or CWnd) to each subdi...

Copy and Paste #3
I would like to EXCHANGE the contents of one cell with another... e.g. cell A1 contains.... 25 cell A2 contains ... 65 Can I copy A1 into A2 using some form of paste special to EXCHANGE the 2 values? Thanks, Larry Hi Larry you would need a macro to achieve this change. There is no such 'paste special' option for this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany FLKulchar wrote: > I would like to EXCHANGE the contents of one cell with > another... > > e.g. cell A1 contains.... 25 > cell A2 contains ... 65 > > Can I copy A1 into A2 using some form of...

wasy macro question
I used the macro recorder to get the code to resize columns on a worksheet Cells.Select Range("A1766").Activate Cells.EntireColumn.AutoFit What I don't understand in the Range. It's seems to be referring to a single cell. Could someone explain to a VBA newbie? I'm importing a text file and I want to resize the columns after import. I have the import working just need this one last thing. The worksheet will always have the same number of columns but the number of rows may vary will the above code still work? gls858 gls858 wrote: > I used the macro reco...

Money 2003 Question #2
My computer froze and shut down with Microsoft money open. When I reboot and tried to open file it gives me an error "Money has detected that you did not close the file before exiting. Money now needs to verify the information in your file. Chose Yes. When I chose Yes, it says "repairing file" and then gives me the error that the password I entered was incorrect. Can anyone tell me how to prevent this situation? It's happened several times and takes me a long time to update my file from a back up version. You might want to try renaming the client.xml file. I...