Question regarding instal

Im the It Director at a Mortgage company and we want to use CRM 3.0
I think I have a problem though based on the CRM edition I have.
First of I have a Domain already running on Server 2003 Enterprise Edition.
The CRM 3.0 I have is Small Business Edition.
From what I have read I have to install this on Small business Server 2003.
That's not a problem I have Small Business server 2003 Standard and Premium.
I think my problem is this Small Business Edition wants to be a Domain
Controller and Active Directory. As I said I already have this running.
..I installed Server 2003 Small Buisness Premium, then SQL server
2005....brought the server into my domain and as you know I cant go any
further because small biz server wants to be the domain controller AD server
etc...

Is there anything I can do based on the software I have or do I have to get
CRM Professional to make this work within the domain I already have?
--
Chris Holub
MCP CCNA

it would seem that you should get a copy of CRM Professional.  you are right
that Small Business Server wants to the the domain controller (it's meant to
be the 'first' server in a network).

Dave Ireland

> Im the It Director at a Mortgage company and we want to use CRM 3.0
> I think I have a problem though based on the CRM edition I have.
> First of I have a Domain already running on Server 2003 Enterprise
> Edition.
> The CRM 3.0 I have is Small Business Edition.
> From what I have read I have to install this on Small business Server
> 2003.
> That's not a problem I have Small Business server 2003 Standard and
> Premium.
> I think my problem is this Small Business Edition wants to be a Domain
> Controller and Active Directory. As I said I already have this running.
> .I installed Server 2003 Small Buisness Premium, then SQL server
> 2005....brought the server into my domain and as you know I cant go any
> further because small biz server wants to be the domain controller AD
> server
> etc...
>
> Is there anything I can do based on the software I have or do I have to
> get
> CRM Professional to make this work within the domain I already have?
> --
> Chris Holub
> MCP CCNA

0
Dave
11/27/2007 11:10:59 PM
SBS cannot be joined to another domain, and no trusts can be established
between another AD and an SBS domain.

So, you cannot use CRM SBE in your scenario

You need to go buy CRM Professional Edition

"Dave Ireland" <direland@salentica.com> wrote in message
> it would seem that you should get a copy of CRM Professional.  you are
> right that Small Business Server wants to the the domain controller (it's
> meant to be the 'first' server in a network).
>
> Dave Ireland
>
> "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Im the It Director at a Mortgage company and we want to use CRM 3.0
>> I think I have a problem though based on the CRM edition I have.
>> First of I have a Domain already running on Server 2003 Enterprise
>> Edition.
>> The CRM 3.0 I have is Small Business Edition.
>> From what I have read I have to install this on Small business Server
>> 2003.
>> That's not a problem I have Small Business server 2003 Standard and
>> Premium.
>> I think my problem is this Small Business Edition wants to be a Domain
>> Controller and Active Directory. As I said I already have this running.
>> .I installed Server 2003 Small Buisness Premium, then SQL server
>> 2005....brought the server into my domain and as you know I cant go any
>> further because small biz server wants to be the domain controller AD
>> server
>> etc...
>>
>> Is there anything I can do based on the software I have or do I have to
>> get
>> CRM Professional to make this work within the domain I already have?
>> --
>> Chris Holub
>> MCP CCNA

0
Peter

Office XP Exel
Scenario: User's A,B, C, and D all have access to an excel XLS on a 2003 server. Users A & B have modify rights, users C&D only have read rights. If user A updates the file, the general tab in properties reflect the exact time the file was modified. After user A saves and closes the file, user D goes in. The changes are there, but in the properties general tab, the modify date in an old date (probably the actual creation date). Is this normal ? Any idea's ? ...

Can't install windows updates on SBS 2003
I have a SBS 2003 server that has not been updated in a couple years. It has SP2 installed but when I run Microsoft Update it needs to download and install 96 updates. When I try to get them installed it comes back with an error saying not enough disk space. I have tried to just install 1 update at a time and get the same error. The C:\ drive has over 14GB of free space and the other drives have plenty of space as well. I restarted the server and also ran Disk Cleanup, as the error message reccomends, but am still having the same problem. Anyone run across this problem befo...

Newbie question
'hello, can someone explain in plain English what this formula is actually saying: =IF(C32="FOB",(B28:C28/'Board Pricing and conversion'!B19)-B28,(B28/'Board Pricing and conversion'!B20)-B28) I understand the C32="FOB", but the rest I don't. I know it is referencing another spreadsheet but don't know what it is looking at?? Thanks bassman Double-click on the cell with the formula and you will see the syntax IF(logical_test, [value_if_true], [value_if_false]) You have a logical text for "FOB" on C32 of active sheet. If True the...

How to install Exchange in an "Administrative Group"
I am running Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003 on a DC in my lab. Exchange is installed in the "First Administrative Group". Now I want to install a second Exchange 2003 Server in another "Administrative Group" called "Midwest". This is what I did: 1. Installed the second Exchange 2003 server in the "First Administrative Group". 2. Created the second "Administrative Group" called "Midwest". 3. Tried to move the second Exchange 2003 server into the "Midwest" Administrative Group. The problem was that I was not able to &q...

Question about clip art, etc
Whenever I use clip art in Publisher or Word (2000) it says to insert the CD (#2) that has it on it. Which I do. Before I reinstalled WINDOWS a few weeks ago, and had to put everything in again, I had the clip art on my computer. So, if I needed something it was right there and I didn't need to keep putting in the CD. I have tried this several times, in Word (mainly, though I use clip art in Publisher too and have that function, using clip art, enabled- after it asked if I wanted to) The CD brings up the install and I click ADD OR REMOVE FEATURES and click on the clip art and "...

Intelligent Message Filter Installation Failure
I've tried installing the Intelligent Message Filter on a Windows 2000 SP4 Exchange 2003 SP1 server. The installation fails at around 98% with the following error: There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. a program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. contact your support personnel or package vendor. I tried downloading it again, and had the same results. Any ideas? Thanks ...

Scheduling formula question
I know both are the same equation. Which one is by definition ? "Duration = Work / Units" or "Work = Duration x Units". I have a three day task with a resource assigned (Max. Units 100%, Units:100%). All calendars are the default Standard base calendar; Hours per day is 9 hours. How do we build the equation to calculate 27 hours of work ? TBol -- To be technically correct, the Duration Equation formula is written as: Duration = Work/(Hours Per Day x Units) You find the Hours Per Day value on the Calendar page of the Options dialog, accessed by clic...

Winfax question before purchase
i dont know where else to place this and there have been alot of posts in here relating to winfax, so here goes: I run a business and all of the time we get customers telling us they faxed something, and we have no record of it. now sometimes they never sent it...sometimes they sent it upside down and we received it blank..sometimes we just lost it. I am thinking that Winfax might be a solution to my problems, but I need to know a few things. A. can I set up winfax so that I plug my fax line into my comp, it receives the fax, and automatically prints it out to my printer (functioning jus...

Subform question 04-09-10
I have a form (Form1) that contains a subform (Subform1). Within this subform I have a combo box which, depending on what is chosen, pops up another form (Popup1)for additional information. I need this additional information in the form that pops up to be 'linked' with the subform. The problem I am running into is that when the user enters information in Popup1, the table has not been populated witht he data that is in the subform so there is no record to 'link' to. What is the best way to force te esubform to pass its information to the table? Thanks i...

outlook in sub-domain to set use root-domain question!!!
Dear Sir Please see below more details,(We are using special railway line between Head office in Taipei and branch office in Tao-Yuan) Head office in Taipei: aaa.com(Root domain) Dc server * 2(One of it is GC Server), Front-End Exchange 2003 *1, Back-End Exchange 2003 * 2(One is named mail1, another is named mail2 ) Branch office in Tao-Yuan: bbb.aaa.com(sub-domain) Dc Server *1(No GC Server,No Exchange Server) After using ADMT v3 Tool, when I transfer an account from root named aaa.com(ou) to bbb.aaa.com. After I ins...

re install Pub 2000 problem.
Hello and I hope I'm In the right newsgroup. My problem is I've had to re install my Office 2000 Disc2 and now when I want to start publisher the message box tells me I am trying to access a program that needs the cd. When I installed it, I checked for Publiher to "run all from my computer" I've un installed and re installed, still need disc. what am I doing wrong? Thanks for your help, John :) Johnny1r wrote: > Hello and I hope I'm In the right newsgroup. My problem is I've had to > re install my Office 2000 Disc2 and now when I want to start publis...

Installation Failure on 2003
Hello and thanks for your time and I need some help on this. When installing on a fresh install Win 2003 server that has: - SQL 2000 with SP3a - MSXML installation - Logged in as the AD administrator - Member server in a Native 2003 AD (Seperate AD controller) - Exchange 2003 is running on the 2nd server that is the AD controller - DNS checks out I get an error at the start of the installation that says: "Setup cannot install Microsoft CRM server" "Setup cannot create the Microsoft CRM databases" It's probably a rights issue but I can't figure it out. Thanks...

Cannot install Money Plus
I have Money 2002 and uninstalled it. Wanted to upgrade to a new version of Money. Tried to install Money Plus Deluxe (trial version) and keep getting error Setup was unable to install some of the components needed to run Money. Try installing Money again. Its HP M9300t Vista Home Premium system. I tried the software on my XP computer and it work fine. So there must be a problem with Vista. Any help would be appreciated. I am having the same problem, but mine is in XP. I need a resolution quickly, because having had to uninstall Money 2003, I am now left without any checkbook regist...

Input mask & Format question
Greetings I use the input mask \(999") "999\-9999 in the Phone field of my table. I wanted the brackets, space and dash stored in the table because the data is imported into other applications. 1234567890 is stored as (123) 456-7890. On one of my forms there is a combobox with fields CustID, CustName, Phone. My problem is how to format the phone number in the cbo. It shows up as 1234567890. Thanks in advance Becky Hi - Set the input mask to \(999") "999\-9999:0 (adding semicolon - zero). This forces the literals to be stored along with the other characters...

Money 2003 wants to install again
I upgraded from Money 2000 to Money 2003 online. I wanted to get rid of all the works files so I used the Works 2000 cleanup tool. Now, whenever ANY window opens, it's preceded by Money 2003 wanting to install. And the knowledge base give a link to the money store and it asks for the product activation key. To add insult to injury, I called on 8/2/04@ 5:00 PM ET and recording said they were closed, even tho' the hours are until 10:00 PM> Sheesh!!! What next? Any one have any suggestions to stop the install? ...

How to determine whether update rollup is installed
Hi, I've just installed the update rollup on test machines both for client and server. However there's no obvious change - even the build version numbers shown on the web interface remain the same. Is this to be expected? How can I tell that the update is installed successfully? Thanks! Tom Not sure why they didn't update the version number. On the server, go to add/remove programs and check the 'show updates' checkbox at the top. then, under the Microsoft CRM Server, you should see 'Update Rollup 1...' Dave Ireland "Tom" <thisisme_ithink@yahoo...

Solar installers
My name is John Leerskov. I am currently taking a class at Cuyamaca College on Photovoltaics. When I have completed the course, I will receive a certificate for OSHA 3095 and 510. I will have taken the entry level NABCEP test on P V and believe I will be an asset to your company. It may or may not be premature to inquire about jobs in this field at this point but the job market is rather scary right now. I have many years of construction experience including electrical. I have a General contractors license, working solely by myself for the past 7 years. My wish is to change di...

Sync PDA with 2 seperate Outlook installations?
I want to sync my PDA with 2 or 3 separate desktops with having Outlook. I did a trial of Outlook earlier this year and duplicate entry creation was a significant problem. How can I do this without unintentionally creating some duplicate entries in calendar and contacts? "rptdc" <rptdc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0CB39B90-F623-4101-831A-8BB2552343D3@microsoft.com... >I want to sync my PDA with 2 or 3 separate desktops with having Outlook. I > did a trial of Outlook earlier this year and duplicate entry creation was a > signif...

2 updates won't install
Server 2003 SP2 updates KB973354 and 958469 both get error 0x800F0102. What can I look for ? Dave Mc wrote: > Server 2003 SP2 updates KB973354 and 958469 both get error > 0x800F0102. What can I look for ? Gone through this yet? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906602 -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html ...

Sales for Outlook Web Site question
Does CRM 1.2 Sales for Outlook client utilize Cassini? If not, is it supposed to copy files to \inetpub\wwwroot\ or repoint the Default Web Site to another directory? I am getting errors clicking on the Activities, Accounts, etc. and the "Promote E-mail to CRM Activity" button... Yes, it uses Cassini on port 2525. No, files don't need to be copied to inetpub. Mike "Jim Scavuzzo" <NOSPAM-scavuzzoj@ecg-inc.com> wrote in message news:eTbk8jW9DHA.2044@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Does CRM 1.2 Sales for Outlook client utilize Cassini? If not, is it > suppose...

Graph question #2
Hi Folks, Quick query with regards to how data is read by a graph. I have a sheet featuring the number of staff assigned to the call centre at 1/2 hour points throughout the day. This data is stored in a sheet called 'Data' and in cells D17, E17, F17 etc etc. The data within this page is not very well presented as it is run automatically from the system we use here so I have made a more presentable table and graph. For the table for each 1/2 i simply reference the cell in the data page so that all i have to do to update the sheet week by week is paste fresh data in. Using =Data!D17 t...

Installing CRM on a domain controller
Has anyone installed CRM on a server which is their domain controller? If so are you having any issues with Crystal Reporting? Do not install Crystal on the same server as CRM. >-----Original Message----- >Has anyone installed CRM on a server which is their >domain controller? If so are you having any issues with >Crystal Reporting? >. > Would this explain the following error in the event log: The port number specified for the server is already in use., The server has problems using TCP/IP. The port number you are using is probably already in use Also, doe...

Confusion regarding journaling and external mail
Hello all, A client of my company needs to have all their email archived for SEC compliance reasons. As it's not that big of a company I am planning on suggesting message journaling as their solution. However it doesn't appear to be clear whether or not journaling captures email sent to external email addresses. From reading other posts in this newsgroup and on the web it sounds like it does, but in "Journaling with Exchange Server 2003" on the Microsoft site, under the header "Where Journaling Does Not Work" it states: "Mail sent to external contacts: Exter...

Question to a MSDN-Article (WordML)
Hi all, in ref. to the MSDN-Article "New XML Features of the Microsoft Office Word 2003 Object Model" (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/odc_wd2003_ta/html/odc_Wdnew2k3XMLOM.asp) I've got a few questions: 1.) They say, the first step to work with XML in a word document is to add the XML-Schema to the Application-Object. As I want to work with the WordML (Word Object Model), I suppose I need to load this Schema. But obviously I've got no xsd-file available. How can I manage to work with the WordML then? 2.) To extract text from a word documen...