Question On Fields

What is the (Microsoft desciption)difference between the 
SIC field and the Industry Code field?  To me they seem 
like a duplication.

Thanks!
Shauna
0
Shauna
8/25/2004 10:39:29 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

3 Replies
568 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 25

Hi,

According to the Deployment Manager descriptions of attributes:

SIC - Standard Industrial Classification code for the Account

industrycode - the type of industry with which the account is associated...

Hope this helps!


"Shauna Koppang" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:034101c48af4$62524a70$a401280a@phx.gbl...
> What is the (Microsoft desciption)difference between the
> SIC field and the Industry Code field?  To me they seem
> like a duplication.
>
> Thanks!
> Shauna


0
PI
8/26/2004 8:12:21 AM
Thanks!

But does not the SIC code also describe the industry and 
sub category of the indsutry as well through the code or 
is the industry code more for a custom internal code a 
firm may use or a portion of the SIC code that a firm 
might use.

Standardly we would use only the SIC code.  So still a 
bit confused.

Shauna
>-----Original Message-----
>Hi,
>
>According to the Deployment Manager descriptions of 
attributes:
>
>SIC - Standard Industrial Classification code for the 
Account
>
>industrycode - the type of industry with which the 
account is associated...
>
>Hope this helps!
>
>
>"Shauna Koppang" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> 
wrote in message
>news:034101c48af4$62524a70$a401280a@phx.gbl...
>> What is the (Microsoft desciption)difference between 
the
>> SIC field and the Industry Code field?  To me they seem
>> like a duplication.
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Shauna
>
>
>.
>
0
Shauna
8/26/2004 4:38:43 PM
I can only guess that the reason they provide 2 different options is to give you
a choice.  Not everyone will use SIC codes and they may want a differnt list of
"industries" then what is provided.  This way, they can use the Industry field
as they want to without "changing" what is considered a standard list.

If you don't need the INdustry field, then you should remove the one you don't
need via the form customizations.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

----------------------------------------
----------------------------------------
On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 09:38:43 -0700, "Shauna"
<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

Thanks!

But does not the SIC code also describe the industry and 
sub category of the indsutry as well through the code or 
is the industry code more for a custom internal code a 
firm may use or a portion of the SIC code that a firm 
might use.

Standardly we would use only the SIC code.  So still a 
bit confused.

Shauna
>-----Original Message-----
>Hi,
>
>According to the Deployment Manager descriptions of 
attributes:
>
>SIC - Standard Industrial Classification code for the 
Account
>
>industrycode - the type of industry with which the 
account is associated...
>
>Hope this helps!
>
>
>"Shauna Koppang" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> 
wrote in message
>news:034101c48af4$62524a70$a401280a@phx.gbl...
>> What is the (Microsoft desciption)difference between 
the
>> SIC field and the Industry Code field?  To me they seem
>> like a duplication.
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Shauna
>
>
>.
>

0
Matt
8/26/2004 5:16:09 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces: