question on CRM Server license

We have an existing CRM 3.0 installation. We want to build a back up CRM
server / database server for disaster recovery. This will be used only if the
main server goes down some some reason. My question is, do I need to buy a
second CRM server license for this scenario?
0
appsmr (4)
10/29/2008 8:26:08 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Install Fail CRM 3.0
I am having a problem with the CRM 3.0 install, an excerpt from my logfile is listed below. My setup is: The CRM box has the following installed: Windows 2003 Std Server MS SQL 2005 (with SSRS installed) Other Boxes: Another Server runs MS Excahnge Domain Controllers I have tried to install CRM to the local domain (Atlas) and to the OU both give this result. I have IIS running, I can browse to the default web., the SSRS Reports and ReportServer sites OK. I got thru the prerequisites OK. Excerpt of the logfile where it stops: 11:39:30|Verbose| Adding account NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK S...

can I rename echange 2003 server with ease
Is it difficult to rename exchange 2003 server with 5000 users? Thanks In news:11A23EBE-DDF2-4E62-BAEA-0BBF51D70B9C@microsoft.com, Johan <Johan@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Is it difficult to rename exchange 2003 server with 5000 users? > > Thanks Not difficult at all if you don't mind that Exchange will break. ;-) It's impossible to rename an Exchange server without breaking Exchange. Does that answer your question? Why is there a need to rename your Exchange server? In any event, if you HAVE to rename it, you'll have to either migrate to a new s...

Restore Question #3
Hello All: Just testing 2003 in a lab environment and have a question. Single server with a single mailbox store. Put some mail in user1 mailbox, backed up exchange and deleted the mail. Did a restore and the mailbox is still empty. I understand the concept of the recovery store to retrieve email from a mailbox store but then what is the point in backing up the store if you cannot do a full restore? It surely doesn't restore mailboxes to their state prior to the backup so what's the point? Am I missing something here? Thanks Are you saying the mailbox doesn't show up in...

Server Error in '/' Application. 08-10-06
Dear all, Out of a sudden, I'm unable to login to a production server using the default account used for installation. Any help would be appreciated! Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.N...

XML formatting to HTML...beginner question

Date chart formula question?!?1
Hi all, In a very old spread sheet i was using this formula =IF(OR(AND($D7<G$6,$E7>F$6),AND(F$6>=$D7,F$6<=$E7)),".","") and it worked for dates pre 2009. However, i now wish to use it for dates between 2010 - 2011. Each column represent a week and the rows will indicate and project or task. can anyone help? There is nothing it that formula that will make it work for pre-2009 and not for later years. Perhaps you need to look at your data values? If you have a problem, you could tell us what values are being fed into the formula when it works...

Outlook 2000 client locks up when logging into an Exchange 2000 server
An outlook 2000 client locks up when trying to logon to an Exchange 2000 server.Apparently the user was using outlook when the server was rebooted. Once the Exchange server came back up, the outlook client would hang upon trying to connect to the exchange server. Is there a file which resides on the client with cached information about the clients exchange account? If so where is it located? Typically Outlook would usually just timeout, will Outlook start if using safe mode, can you open another user Outlook profile on this computer or open this problematic profile on another computer. ...

Error while synchronizing with net time server
Vista Ultimate SP2 I just noticed that my machine will not synchronize with any of the Internet time servers. It's set to do so automatically, but I see an error saying "An error occurred while Windows was synchronizing with [server name]. This happens is I try to sync manually, and it happens with all server (i.e. time.windows.com, time.nist.gov, time-a.nist.gov, time-b.nist.gov, time-nw.nist.gov). Suggestions? Thanks. Ken Isaacson SILENT COUNSEL, a legal thriller www.KenIsaacson.com Ken Isaacson wrote: > Vista Ultimate SP2 > > I just noticed...

excel Hyperlink question
Is there a way I can have a spreadsheet that in one column on a particular cell there will be a hyperlink to a word document? Under the Insert Hyperlink menu, I think if you select the "Existing File or Web Page" button and point to what you want, that should do it. HTH Steve "Pam Coleman" <PamColeman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:219B8DA6-B7E1-4405-A272-2EEEAF6F8786@microsoft.com... > Is there a way I can have a spreadsheet that in one column on a particular > cell there will be a hyperlink to a word document? Is there a way the hype...

CRM Mobile and language
Hi all, we have installed CRM 3.0 SBS in Italian language, and we'd like to use also CRM Mobile. The problem is that CRM Mobile is not available in Italian, and the installation requires the same language of CRM version installed on the server. Does someone know if the Italian version of CRM Mobile will be released? Thanks, Enrica Hi Enrica, AFAIK there are no plans to release MS CRM Mobile in other languagues. If you're willing to look for a commercial solution, our CWR Mobile CRM application works against any language CRM installation. HTH, -- Jeffry van de Vuurst CWR Mobi...

read receipt on crm e-mail
Hi, How can we make read receipt enbaled in crm e- mail , so that we know that if the customer has read the e.mail or not? Sometimes we have to send important contract and we want to make it sure that customers have read the e-mails. any help or suggestion? Aami ...

99 Money to 2000 import questions?
Hi all, We use Money99 on our desktop and are looking into using my laptop as our primary computer. The laptop has Money 2000 already installed but not being used. Can someone explain to me how I can copy all the information from 99 over to 2000? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much.......John ...

CRM Integration: data doesn't go from CRM to GP
I'm setting up CRM integration for GP. Setup went ok, data migration from GP to CRM ok. When I add data to GP, it copies to CRM ok. I can't seem to get any CRM data to copy to GP. No messages in event viewer. Services are all started (according to documentation) successfully. I'm pretty sure I've configured properly in Settings and Admin tool. My IntegrationUser account is a member of all the required groups. I've turned on 'create customers always' to test, so I should create customers in GP whenever I create an account in CRM, but that's not happe...

Print Question Newbie Please help
I am creating a spreadsheet that I need to print on 11x17 paper. My printer does not support 11x17 but I can send it to someone that does. How can I format my spreadsheet to use 11x17 so I can see all the cells etc. My guess is I need to install a print driver that supports 11x17 am I on the right track? If so can anyone suggest what I can use? Thanks Tom -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 0 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails...

CRM Email not working
Hi group, I installed SFO on all my XP pro clients. They can email out of their Outlook 2003, however when they use the CRM Email and they hit send they get, "An error ocurred. Please contact your administrator." from a MS CRM message box. Everything else works fine task, appointments, calendar, contacts. What's going on with the CRM Email button? NEED HELP!!! TIA Hi Tia, - could you send mails from the webclient internal and external from crm? - Have you installed the MSCRM Exchange Mail Router? - Have you changed the port from MSCRM or Exchange, from 80 to any othe...

Invalid Argument Error when using 1/1/08 as a date
Hi all, Not sure if this is a known issue - can anyone else create a record that contains a date field with the value of 1/1/08 or 1/1/07, save it and then open it again without getting an "Invalid Argument" error. I am able to produce this error across different environments, different entities and different date fields. Would be interesting to hear more about this. Thanks Hi there, Just to let you know, I just created a task in CRM 4 and set the due date to 1/1/08 and it worked without any issues. This is a field displayed as a Date/Time box, on not just Date. I don...

How to remove newly added server from site?
Hi setup: exchange 2k3, enterprise (backend-frontend). We recently added a member server for testing purposes, without assigning any roles, just a clean install of exchange+SP1. After some days incoming emails from internet got stuck in local delivery queue on that new server. figured out that this new server was first in the msExchOwningPFTreeBL, thus all emails to public folders are sent to this server instead of our primary one. the new server does not have the hierarchy (replication and/or "send hierarchy" do not work and no error message appears in the logs) and therefo...

CRM V3C "View in CRM" Issues on Office 2007 / Vista
I believe I've seen a few posts for this issue, but I couldn't find a resolution. I've got CRM V3C installed on Office 2007 / Vista. For each item (Contacts, Emails, Tasks, Appt's), each time I hit "Track in CRM" and "Set Regarding/Parent" it works fine - as it does create the appropriate record in CRM and create the correct "Regarding" Relationship. The problem is whenever I hit "View in CRM", it's opening a blank screen with the following URL "https:// crm//_root/stage.aspx" This is happening if I select a Contact, ...

User accidentally removed Microsoft CRM hierarchy in Outlook
How do I get it back? ...

how do you remove the crm tracking reference in email subject lin
The vanilla v3.0 app adds a crm tracking reference into the subject line of outbound email, how do you prevent the crm track being sent with outbound mail to customers? -- colin mann, hawes signs on the crm web server as an administrator go to Settings - Organization settings - System Settings - Email Tracking ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Colin Mann Hawes Signs" <ColinMannHawesSigns@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D236297D-128C-45CA-B99A-5A51AF13B865@microsoft.com... > The vanil...

RE: Outlook 2003 / CRM 1.2 Install issue.
Hey there, Having trouble installing client v1.2 on a Win2000 Office 2003 client. The install completes sweet as no probs but when I first load up Outlook '03 I get the message Microsoft CRM ---------------- An error occurred whilr installing Microsoft CRM folders. Have tried searching for log files for the client but to no avail. If anyone can point me towards something or even tell me where the (install)log files are would be much apprec. Chris. Chris, I had a similar problem on a test install of CRM 1.0 with win XP and office 2003. I Just kept clicking ok and then c...

Error while installing language pack in MS CRM 4.0
Hello people, Downloaded and installed a couple of language packs succesfully in MS CRM 4.0. However, when I log into the CRM interface to actually activate the language pack I get an error when I try that. When I look at the application log in Windows, I can see the following error coming form the MSCRMWebService: MUI Provisioning failed. Error: Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'dbo.LocalizedLabel' with unique index 'ndx_LocalizedLabel_ForSingleSelect'. The statement has been terminated. Anyobdy a suggestion ? Many thanks in advance ! Regards, Mav. I have...

Contact selection problem in CRM 4 Mail Merge
I can use mail merge option for all contacts on page (grid) without any problems, but if I select one contact or a small selection of contacts the merge resulting list has one entry but only data from the user entity, not from the contact entity...I have no contacts to merge. Merge also fails if I select a merge from an open contact form. I have selected contact attributes in the template. I have administrative rights. Any ideas? ...

Newbie question
I am creating my first Access DB - and have succeeded ti creating an update query which works - except for the part where I try to update a field :"in place" by 1The way I have the query set up isField - NumPartsTable - MembersUpdate to: [Members]![NumParts] : �Expr� ([Members]![NumParts] + 1)I have tried moving/adding/removing Parentheses but I always get a syntax errorCan you help ?Many ThanksJM you already have the table source up there and unless there is a fieldname conflict, you do not need to specify it againuse a dot (.) not a bang (!)also, in the UpdateTo cell, simply put t...

Server ActiveSync Event ID: 3007
Hi, Yesterday after 5:00 pm the mobile devices are not syncing anymore. When we look at the device we get an 0x85030022. When we look at the Front End Exchange 2003 server SP2 we see: Event Type: Warning Event Source: Server ActiveSync Event Category: None Event ID: 3007 Date: 19-5-2006 Time: 15:04:20 User: .....\...... Computer: TITOX46 Description: Exchange mailbox Server response timeout: Server: [.......] User: [.......]. Exchange ActiveSync Server failed to communicate with the Exchange mailbox server in a timely manner. Verify that the Exchange mailbox Server is working correctl...