Question for multiple email recipients

If there is a mail from external client sending to multiple CRM users,
whenone of the users track the email to CRM (e.g. regarding to a case or any
other record), is there any signal to letting other recipients know the mail
is being tracked? Any suggestion?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

If one CRM user tracks the email in CRM from Outlook, then after a few
minutes it should appear as tracked in all other user's Outlook mailboxes as
well.  There's a process that looks for recently created CRM activities and
'tags' them to appear tracked in CRM.  The icon for the email in the Outlook
explorer view should change.

The settings to tune how this works is organization based.  In the web
client, open System Settings and then go to the 'Outlook Synchronization'
tab.  The 'set e-mail promotion options for the Microsoft CRM client for
Outlook' area controls how often this process is done on the clients.

Jason

"Muttley" <Muttley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If there is a mail from external client sending to multiple CRM users,
> whenone of the users track the email to CRM (e.g. regarding to a case or
> any
> other record), is there any signal to letting other recipients know the
> mail
> is being tracked? Any suggestion?

0
Jason

awkward message when replying email
I'm using windows xp with ms outlook xp as my primary email client. When I replaying an email, the original message goes like this (1) but when I'm replying any email it become the number (2). Is there any setting went wrong? I'm in the need of solving this problem as I'm not the one who is wrinting the original message when I reply to any email. Thanks ---------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------ 1) Original replying email should be as below. -------Original Message-------- From: Lee Cheng Poh [mailto:PC...

Multiple Quick Parts
When I was using Outlook 2003 I had several toolbar each embedded with several macros to enter "pre-packaged" text and graphics into a message. Now with Outlook 2007, such toolbars have been replaced with Quick Parts. The problem is, I have way too many items I need to keep available. If I add them all as Quick Parts entries, I have to scroll and scroll and scroll and scroll to find the one I want. Previously, I all I had to do was click a single button and, Boom, there it was. Since it looks like I will be stuck with the scrolling to some degree, is it possible to put...

issue being signed in at multiple locations with live messenger
Hi. On the computer of an acquaintance, the following problem persistently occurs. Whenever she signs in to live messenger, she is notified that she is signed in at multiple locations. No matter how she tries, she can't sign off at the other location. I've even tried to change the option in the preferences of live messenger to sign out at all other locations whenever she signs in, but that doesn't help either. Does anyone know how to fix this? Also, one more thing that mystifies me is how you can change the language settings in live messenger, so the words in the interf...

how to get same sent items on multiple pc's (exchange)
Hi there! I run Outlook 2003 and use two different PCs (home and work) to access my mail which are both set up as microsoft exchange. It is a webmail account at my university. I love how it works, except that I have this one problem: When I send a mail from home, it does not appear in the sent items at work and vice versa. I have been trying to figure it out for a while now, but to no avail. I think I m missing something simple... Thanks for reading my post. Any help would be much appreciated! Pieka You have not set the default delivery location your Exchange account then ...

Single Site Single Org Multiple Domains Exchange 5.5
Help anyone.... I have an Exchange 5.5 Server on a AD Domain and an Exchange 5.5 Server on a NT 4 domain. All same site and same org. I have been able to install the Exchange on the AD domain and join it to the existing site and org on the NT domain. My issue is that it will not replicate with any of the Exchange servers on the NT domain. I have a 2 way trust and I have no issues going back and forth between the 2 domains to access shares or any other resources between the two domains. The errors that I am getting in the Event Log are of course 9318 and 9322. I have tried host and lmhos...

Mutual Fund Names and Stock Names displayed on multiple lines
In 2005 Deluxe, Portfolio Manager, Group by Investment Type, the same mutual fund is incorrectly listed on multiple lines. And, if I move the cursor over different lines, the names sometime change. The mkt values appear correct, but the fund names are all messed up. Is there an update or service pack ready yet to fix this and/or other problems? -- Greg Have the same problem with money 2005 canadian version the Symbol,Name,Last Price and %Change change to the line the cursor was on before all else stay the same. Rudolf "Greg" wrote: > In 2005 Deluxe, Portfolio Manage...

view email in html format
i just switched from express to outlook 97 v8.02 and now my email opens in text format. it did open in html if required when i was using express v6.0. how can get my email to open in html format instead of text? ...

Win32_Service Question
Hello, I have the below script that pretty much gets the state of services and colour them if they are started or stopped. Problem is that if I select a service individually it returns with the colour. However, if I select all the serivces on my machine it ignores the "IF" statement - any idea how I can get the colour of the services to affect all of them? Also, in terms of individual services then I use the below: $colItems = get-wmiobject -class "Win32_Service" -filter "Name='ClipSrv'" -namespace "root\CIMV2" ` -computername $...

CInternetSession question
Have written some handlers that login to various websites to extract data. I need the facility to log in to the same website with two different accounts running in the same application. I use different CInternetSession objects but I can't seem to create two unique sessions from within the same application, i.e the two sessions always become the same as the last one to have logged in. As far as I am aware I am handling the session cookies correctly, can anyone explain this behaviour or any ways around it? Many Thanks in advance. -- Paul... ...

stock control question
Hello all, I have 2000 items and want to represent them as full cartons - inner cartons and single items. Full cartons have 36 pieces inner cartons have 6 pieces and singles are self explanatory. I tried using the INT formula but I can't seem to get it to work. Is there something else I can use? So want it to look like this stock 2000 - master cartons 55 ( 55x36=1980) inner cartons 3 ( 3 x 6=18) singles 2 ( 2 x 1) regards -- kinsey Assuming 2000 is in A1, all below formulas will go A2 - A4 =INT(A1/36) =INT(MOD(A1,36)/6) =A1-(A2*36+A3*6) "kinsey" wrote: > He...

excel dropdown menu question
Being a complete newbie here, my question is as follows. I have created a spreadsheet for our Little League baseball team by position and inning. In each cell I have created a dropdown menu that lists each of our 11 players by name so that all I have to do is select the players name and it fills in that cell for that position/inning. What I would like this drop down menu to do, if possible, is as I move down the player position (in a single inning) and choose a players name to fill that position, the dropdown menu then removes that players name in the next position to be filled. EX: ...

Copying attachments to another email gives odd results
Hi, Using Outlook 2003 SP3 using an updated Windows XP SP3 When I copy 5 attachments from one email and paste them into another, it some times pastes the same attachment for all 5 but uses the correct name. I end up with an email with 5 different names, but they're all the same file. Saving them locally then reattaching seems to prevent this and it happens in rare situations. Is this a known issue? ...

Multiple choices for a cell
I am creating a worksheet which deals with employee or job candidates qualifications. Each cell will hold the various details pertaining to a person's qualifications. Different people have different degrees. This will be all stored in a single cell and separated by a comma. Is it possible to create some sort of custom or drop down box which contains controls or check boxes so as to create a standardised list of qualifications the data entry clerk can choose from? For example, i would like a cell to have a drop down box, which is a field that displays the qualifications a particular gra...

Centralising email store
Hi All! I work in an office with three computers, the main one with most of the data on and two others. The three computers are directly networked to each other through a modem/router box.. We currently have OE6 but will shortly move to Outlook. Before I move, I could really do with some help with a question. It used to be one of my jobs to enter new contacts into the Address Book on each computer. Then I would have to run regular checks to make sure no-one else had been entering data and that the address books were all up to date. Eventually I got bored with this and tried to find a bette...

Outlook crashes when typing recipient
Every time I try to send an email message in Outlook, it crashes as soon as I start typing in the recipient address. Does anyone know what could be causing this and how to fix it? I do not have any Add-Ins installed. Thanks. It would be helpful if you provided at least some basic information such as: 1. Outlook version 2. Mail account type 3. Information store 4. The steps used to break Outlook. I suspect this didn't just start happening on its own for no reason. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] <yofnik@comcast.net> wrote in message news:1159655665.219713.8280@e3g2000cwe.google...

Unable to add Exchange DNS name to Recipient Policy
Hi there We recently upgraded to Exchange 2003 from 2000, and I noticed that an entry in the default recipient policy - @servername.domainname - which in turn stamps each user account with a username@servername.domainname address, was missing. On trying to add the rule to the policy again, we get this error:- This domain address cannot be used for a recipient policy because it matches the name of an Exchange server. ID no: c1031340 Exchange System Manager We need the @servername.domainname address to be configured for each user as our workflow system uses this to skip our Linux serve...

Recipient Policy not taking effect for Mailbox Manager in Exchange 2003
I've setup a recipient policy in Exchange 2003 System manager that is supposed to delete messages older than 30 days. It runs every Friday as it is supposed to, but it does not delete messages from any accounts. I think that the users are not associated with the policy, but I could be wrong. Anyhow, here's what I did to set it up: I've followed the following tutorial: http://msexchange.org/tutorials/MF012.html Everything seems to be setup properly, except when it runs every Friday night, I always get the following message sent to my mailbox (the admin mailbox): The Mic...

question about $get in ajax scriptAction
Hi, i'm learning ajax and i found this code in one of the sample (aspx) files: <ScriptAction Script="Cover($get('flyout'), $get('info'));" /> 'Cover' is a javascript function, but what is '$get'? Is this the same as document.getElementById ? If yes, which advantage has it? Thanks Luc "Luc" <qcqsc@qscqs.fr> wrote in message news:%234%235TYcrKHA.4236@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > i'm learning ajax and i found this code in one of the sample (aspx) > files: > > <Script...

Question on references
Hi All, I've got a database into which I have to import data from MS Word. I initially made a reference to 'Microsoft Word 11.0 Object Library' for this purpose. I thought everything was fine until I tested on the server and realized that Word is not installed on the server (Access is, but only for the purpose performing some nightly routines). So, my problem was that I have clients running Office 2000 (10.0), Office 2003 (11.0), and server with only Access installed. I think I can get around this by putting the required .OLB file on the server and using its UNC path to...

question
how I transfer a spreadsheet to the pocket pc? Not that I have any experience in this area, but I imagine the same way you would transfer any file to it. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <04f701c3b072$54fccd80$a101280a@phx.gbl>, elprieto69 @hotmail.com says... > how I transfer a spreadsheet to the pocket pc? > > ...

How to have multiple columns in excel that will expand and colaps.
I have a large about of tiered data, multiple columns, that I would like for the users to be able to expand and colapse on by each column level to view that level of data. Is there a method of doing this. It's hard to understand what you are wanting from what you say. Provide some detail about what the data looks like at the start, then what it looks like after expanding and then what it looks like after collapsing. Don't attach a file to your post. Just describe what you have and want. HTH Otto "columnhelp" <columnhelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Phone Call Activity Recipient Field
When creating a new Phone Call Activity by itself (not from within a record) when you chose the lookup recipient field and change the Look for to Contact I cannot get it to search off a custom field, the custom field we added to the contact form is "Company". I have changed in the customization, contact, forms & views, Quick Find View and the Advanced Find View, to include in the Add Find Columns this custom "Company" field and still does not bring up the results. How can I get it to bring up search results? Thank you in advance for the help! You need to modify...

How to upload multiple batches of photos?
Can't find how to upload multiple photos at once. One at a time takes forever. Also, how does one rename the Home Page photo folder? "Gary Gary" <blah@blah.blah> wrote: >Can't find how to upload multiple photos at once. One at a time takes >forever. > >Also, how does one rename the Home Page photo folder? You can select as many photos as desired by holding the shift key and left clicking each. To select multiple contiguous photos in the Gallery, hold shift, left click the first, then left click the last. All in between will now be selec...

Importing email accounts from Outlook 2000 into 2003 (via iaf files)
Hello there, Summary: How to import Email accounts from Outlook 2000 iaf files (created when exporting) into Outlook 2003. Full details: I done what I thought was a great idea, after having a problem with my PC decided to upgrade to Office 2003 (from 2000) Pro as it was offered to me free (Or I could have taken a memory upgrade). Reading this newsgroup it would seem that was a mistake! My current problem is that I cannot import that many email accounts I had created in outlook 2000. One work around is to import first into Outlook Express 6 and then import from there, but I still have to do...

Question ??
I have a problem with outlook macros. When I try to run my macro, this message popups: "The macros in this project are disabled. Please refer to the online help or documentation of the host application to determine how enable macros." My question is: How can I enable macros for my project? Please help This has been answered already in the several newsgroups you posted this. Do not multipost! -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Create your own fully customiz...