Question for Microsoft

Hi,
I have some clients running SBS 2000 now. If I install CRM for those
customers, and planning to upgrade them to SBS 2003 when it releases. Will
Microsft fix the problems for CRM not running on Windows 2003 by then?
Thanks

0
Mike
7/17/2003 10:32:56 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I concur...the MS Rep informed us that CRM will be
supported under SBS 2003 when released.

environment. Rest assured that
>as soon as it is safe to do so they will support CRM on
a small business
>server 2003 environment
>

>"Mike Ling" <support@pcsetup.net> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>> I have some clients running SBS 2000 now. If I install
CRM for those
>> customers, and planning to upgrade them to SBS 2003
when it releases. Will
>> Microsft fix the problems for CRM not running on
Windows 2003 by then?
>> Thanks
>>

>.

0
Gil

Quick Questions
I have been tasked with creating an excel template for tracking time per specific jobs. I have 2 quick questions I hope someone can help me with. First. I have some standard formulas that total up certain columns in each row. These formulas will repeat in each row but I need to change the row number in each formula when I go from one row to the next. Is there anyway I can automate this so that everytime I start a new row I can copy from the row above but not have to change the row numbers? That it would automatically know we are in a new row and use the corresponding row number. Let me...

Easy Formula Question
easy I'm sure if you know how - but I don't. Value of cells N26 and O26 are added together and result shown in P26 if both values in these two cells are zero (£0.00) I want cell P26 to be blank and not show a £0.00 value any ideas ?? thanks Use an IF function: =IF(SUM(N26:O26)=0,"",SUM(N26:O26) Andrea Jones http://www.allaboutoffice.co.uk http://www.stratatraining.co.uk http://www.allaboutclait.com "Anthony" wrote: > easy I'm sure if you know how - but I don't. > > Value of cells N26 and O26 are added together and result shown in...

Questions about the Data Migration Framework
Hello, I try to use the Data Migration Framework and during population of the CDF-Database I run in a problem which I would like to discuss. The task is quite simple but I found the DMF to be the most suitable solution to it. We want to remove the leads from our database and only run contacts and customers. We found that our organization doesn't need the separation of Leads and Customers in the sense CRM sees it. We will set the status of a contact/account via a customized field. So in an Access-Database I set links to the CRM-tables for Lead and Annotation. Also I set links to the CDF-...

Frustrated at Microsoft over Trial Upgrade to Money 2004
I'm really, really, frustrated. It started out ok... I downloaded the trial version of Money 2004. It worked fine. About 1 month ago, I decided to go ahead and buy the upgrade to Money 2004 Deluxe. I purchased on-line through the upgrade link in the program. Cost me $40, but, I should get an activation key, and everything will be great. What happened then? I kept waiting for the CDROM to show up in the mail. Did it? NO! All I got was an activation key by email with absolution NO instructions about how to use the silly number. I emailed Microsoft's customer support 3 tim...

Report Sum question
Hi all I have a report that shows output from a League Table Most years have just Played/Won/Drawn/Lost/For/Against/Points format However, a handful of years had an added Bonus Point feature, where the team who had the highest aggregate score over the home and away ties got a bonus point. In a year where there are no bonuses the field in the table is left blank, whereas bonus years are recorded 0, 1, 2, 3 etc etc I have figured out how, on my report to sum the points and bonuses using =Nz([Points],0)+Nz([Bonus Points],0). The report is all encompassing of all years (one year ...

Windows Mail & Microsoft Outlook
I want to use Windows Mail for all my emails etc. but each time I try and send any attachments Microsoft Outlook 2007 keeps popping up instead. How do I disable Outlook so that I can use Windows Mail properly? -- patinT is windows mail set as the default in control panel, internet options and in Mail's tools, options? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outloo...

Update
What is Happening? This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums. Why? As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the past several years while customers and participants are increasingly finding solutions in the forums on Microsoft properties and third party sites. This move will unify the customer experience, centralize content, make it easier for active contributors to retain their influence, miti...

mail boxes per edb file and archive management questions
Hi... 1. How large can an edb file get and how many mail boxes can one hold? 2. I read somewhere that exchange can have a max of 4 edb files? 3. What are the best practises when an edb file reaches maximum size... how do you move messages in the edb file to the archive storage? /D This is dependent on the version of Exchange you are running. For example: Exch 2K3 Std Edition has a 75GB limit per edb/stm (the Exchange data store is made up of an .edb and .stm file) Exch 2K3 Ent Edition has no practical limit. How large you should allow your data store to become depends really on your ...

Msgbox question 01-07-08
hello I have often used DoCmd.MoveSize 1000, 500, 2000, 2500 to position and size forms. Is there a way to position and size Message boxes? -- Thanks No. If you want to do that, create your own form and use that as a "message box", then you can manipulate its location and size. -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "Sophie" <Sophie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:831A8804-5A40-4C3F-9E48-59AF65E4107B@microsoft.com... > hello > > I have often used DoCmd.MoveSize 1000, 500, 2000, 2500 to position and > size > forms. I...

Basic questions about Personal vs. Offline folders
I've done some reading and research but cannot seem to find a concise solution to my dilema. I use a Microsoft Exchange server for Outlook. 1. I would like to be able to read my mail offline when I don't have access to the server 2. I would also like to be able to limit the amount of mail on the server. >From what I have read, Offline folders would be a good solution for #1 but not for #2, because offline folders need to be sync'ed with the server from time to time. Personal folders sound like a solution to #2 but not to #1. Am I misinformed? Is there a solution that will sat...

Microsoft CRM import/export and ERP integration
Do you need to import/export data with Microsoft CRM or even integrate with other systems, be sure to look at this new product QuickBix Integration Suite -2007, http://www.quickbix.com. ...

a question about "MM_ISOTROPIC "
hi, everyone i have a question about map mode. the following paragraph is copyed from MSDN. "MM_ISOTROPIC Logical units are converted to arbitrary units with equally scaled axes; that is, 1 unit along the x-axis is equal to 1 unit along the y-axis. Use the SetWindowExt and SetViewportExt member functions to specify the desired units and the orientation of the axes." i want to know how the above two funtions specify the orientation of the axes. thanks for your reply! ...

2010 Format Questions Please
Excel 2010 - I am using a sheet created by someone else and would like to delete the following 2 formats that I am unfamiliar with: 1. In the upper left corner of many cells are little green "wedgies", how do I get rid of them? NOTE: I unchecked OPTIONS/FORMULAS "formulas referring to empty cells" and about 1/2 of the wedgies disappeared. 2. Some of the cells have a yellow background color even though I have chosen none for the fill option. I believe this has something to do with a conditional formatting. How do I get rid of the background color? Thanks in advance... Bob...

WSUS 890830 Update Issue requesting microsoft software license
Unable to Approve the Patch 890830, While approving getting the reply as "requesting microsoft software license .... " Need assistance in sort out this issue -- Kurunji Anbe Sivam wrote: > Unable to Approve the Patch 890830, While approving getting the reply as > "requesting microsoft software license .... " Need assistance in sort out > this issue WSUS Newsgroup http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.server.update_services MowGreen ================ *-343-* FDNY Never Forgo...

'Retrieving Data from Microsoft Exchange Server'
I'm aware of how to change the outlook "cancel request" dialog box behavior in Outlook 2002, throught modifying the registry. The registry entry microsoft gives you, points to CURRENT_USER\Softwarw\Microsoft\office\10.0 \CancelRPC but in an installation of Outllok 2003(11.0 rather than 10.0)there is no CancelRPC entry to modify. Does anyone have any idea what is the correct way to make these same changes in Outlook 2003 so i can get rid of that annoying retrieving data dialog box? ...

easy subform question
I'm new at this. I have objects. These objects are directly related to one another. I have a separate table for the relationship-- Id1 and Id2. i have a form for each individual object. How do I make a subform that will show Id1 and Id2 when it is relevant--Id1=the current object's ID or Id2==the current object's ID. I'd like to be able to input to this form/subform and perhaps even use the names from the individual's tables in order to select them in a combo box. Thanks, Jason Kohout jason.kohout@gmail.com Jason, Can you please give some more details of what yo...

Math Question
This is probably real simple for somebody, I just can't get it. If I want 50% more of something in cell A1 I would Type: =SUM(A1)+(A1*50%) So if A1 is 14 the result would be 21...Perfect. But if A1 is (14) the result is (21) Not the (7) I wanted. Can anybody help??? First, you SUM() function is superfluous. SUM(A1) returns A1. I'm not sure why you think that positive 7 should be 50% of negative 14, but you can achieve your goal using =A1 + ABS(A1)/2 In article <9F6DFDFB-AEAA-4723-81FA-265E9E077F12@microsoft.com>, "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com...

QBDG question
Is there a way to create a query based distribution group from a non- mail enabled security group? When I do a "Customize filter" in the query based distribution group properties and search for User: member of, I get no results, even though there are plenty members of that group. It is a global group, and I tried changing it to a universal one, but no change in results. Exchange 2003 Did you try entering it as an LDAP filter string... e.g. (&(objectClass=user)(mailNickname=*)(memberOf=distinguishedName of the Security Group)) ? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise...

SBS 2008 Remote Workplace and Companyweb Question
Hi all, Our company is currently running SBS 2003, and our e-mail, domain are both hosted by a 3rd party company. We're currently logging in to remote workplace using an IP xx.xx.xx.xx/remote, but this IP is different from our current domain name IP. We're installing SBS 2008 on a new server, but unlike the setup wizard in SBS 2003 the setup wizard in SBS 2008 does not allow us to type in an IP address for the domain name. Since our domain and remote desktop access IP are different, what is the proper procedure to setup remote access? Also, is there a way to copy ...

Microsoft RMS and tax rates
I have a potential customer who wants to apply a tax rate to a customer, or or adjust the total tax rate to the entire sale. They do not want to have to go in and adjust the tax rate for every specific item at POS. How is this handled? Thanks...Andrea Click on File->Configuration menu, in Sales Tax tab, select "Assign tax schedules on a per customer basis" option. "Andrea" <Andrea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:97AB6ABA-A9F9-4A6A-AAC4-BE883D937AEF@microsoft.com... >I have a potential customer who wants to apply a tax rate to a custome...

Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Online Communities
Date 5/4/2010 Starting in early summer 2010, Microsoft will begin progressively closing down the Microsoft public newsgroups to enrich conversations in the rapidly-growing forum platform. This decision is in response to worldwide market trends and evolving customer needs. Microsoft continues to invest in forums to reduce customer effort, consolidate community venues and make it easier for active contributors to retain their influence. Forums provide a healthy community environment with less spam and make answers easier to find by customers and search engines. Additionally, f...

Microsoft Money 2000 Vs 2003
I am having problems transfer my MOney 2000 data/files from one computer to a newer computer which has MS Money 2003. My new computer does not currently have a "floopy" drive, but does have a CD. What is the correct method for transfering data files from my old computer (ME software) to my new PC, which uses Home XP? Copy the .MNY data file(s) to a CD on the old machine using whatever CD burner software works for you. Copy them from the CD to a hard disk on the new machine using Windows Explorer. Make sure they are not set Read Only. One at a time, double click on the .MNY ...

DHCP question
Hi, I have 2 IP which I want to exclude from a range. One of the IP is used by a switch and the other one is assigned to a phone system - so I dont know the mac address. How do I exclude those 2 Ip's from the range. I only see the option to reserve in DHCP in window 2003. Thanks biren wrote: > Hi, > > I have 2 IP which I want to exclude from a range. One of the IP is > used by a switch and the other one is assigned to a phone system - so > I dont know the mac address. > > How do I exclude those 2 Ip's from the range. I only see the option to...

Color scheme in templates from Microsoft Office website
How do I save the colors that show up on some of the templates that are on the Microsoft Office website? I'll download a template and the color scheme is great and I'd like to use the same colors for some of my other Excel docs. Thanks, New guy to news groups. Will You can transfer the colors to any workbook or to a Template for all new workbooks. Have a new workbook open then open a workbook based on the template. With your new workbook open go to Tools>Options>Color and "copy colors from". This will place the modified colors into your new workbook, which can...

Filtering Question -
Hello, I have a search form where I have multiple fields for selecting the criteria, then a corresponding field for operand (=,<, etc) and then a field for value. What I would like to do is to limit the value field to the corresponding field in the database. For the criteria, I'm using a unbound txt box that is retrieving a field list from a table. I can type in the value and the search is successful. However what I'd like to do is to limit the search based on the contents of the field. For instance if the user selected LASTNAME for criteria 1, I'd like the value ...