publishing customizations using deployment manager

When I publich customizations, it comes back saying
publish completed with errors, servername: failed.  I
notice that when I publish the customizations, my web site
stops.  I have to manually start it and then I can go into
CRM and my changes are there.  This is what I get in app
log:

ProcessImportWorkItem Error : The root element is
missing.  , StackTrace :    at
System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
   at
System.Xml.XmlValidatingReader.ReadWithCollectTextToken()
   at System.Xml.XmlValidatingReader.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader
reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)
   at
Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ImportExportXml.XmlCustomization.FixDMU
pdateFile(String strXSLDir, String strDestFilePath)
   at
Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ImportExportXml.XmlCustomization.Proces
sImportWorkItem(Object status)

anyone have any ideas??
Thanks,
Jen

0
Jen
9/9/2004 6:19:06 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

did you get an answer to this Jen?

--
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP

"Jen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I publich customizations, it comes back saying
> publish completed with errors, servername: failed.  I
> notice that when I publish the customizations, my web site
> stops.  I have to manually start it and then I can go into
> CRM and my changes are there.  This is what I get in app
> log:
>
> ProcessImportWorkItem Error : The root element is
> missing.  , StackTrace :    at
> System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
>    at
> System.Xml.XmlValidatingReader.ReadWithCollectTextToken()
>    at System.Xml.XmlValidatingReader.Read()
>    at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader
> reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
>    at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
>    at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)
>    at
> Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ImportExportXml.XmlCustomization.FixDMU
> pdateFile(String strXSLDir, String strDestFilePath)
>    at
> Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ImportExportXml.XmlCustomization.Proces
> sImportWorkItem(Object status)
>
> anyone have any ideas??
> Thanks,
> Jen

0
John

customizing quote merge template

Customize Current View: Filter Problem

Customizing AdvisorFYI
I have an account for some stock options in a privately-owned company. Approximately monthly, AdvisorFYI keeps telling me, "It's time to update your investment prices in Money." There isn't a price update that often. Is there a way to turn this message off without turning of the other useful AdvisorFYI Investment warnings? ...

publishing
I'm trying to REMOVE the publishing funtion of a "previously published" excel document. I can't see where to remove the function. How do you remove the option. I've tried resaving the document and looked at all options I see. Robert From the Excel Help Modify and republish data on a Web page that was previously saved by Excel When you publish or save your Microsoft Excel data as a Web page, Excel creates an HTML version of the file (with the extension .htm). If you want to update that data on the Web page, and you saved or published a worksheet or items on a wor...

Using mouse wheel in VB editor

Use exchange from a trusted domain

Non-VBA way of making custom menus.

Input to custom reports