Publishing an internal CRM web site using ISA

Hi all,

I was wondering if its possible to publish an internally hosted CRM 1.2 web
site to the internet using ISA 2000 ?

I've done the basics as far setting up the web publishing and when I try and
pull up the site, I get a network logon prompt which I think makes
sense since the site seems to use network authentication to determine who
you are.  What I  cannot figure out, is what to enter at this login
prompt.  I've tried my account, the administrator account and no luck.
Anybody have any idea what to do ?

Thanks
Nick

0
Nick
2/17/2004 3:57:02 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

are you being prompted for

Username
password
domain?

or only username
password

if its the second try putting domainname\username
"Nick Palmer" <nick@kcicorp.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering if its possible to publish an internally hosted CRM 1.2
web
> site to the internet using ISA 2000 ?
>
> I've done the basics as far setting up the web publishing and when I try
and
> pull up the site, I get a network logon prompt which I think makes
> sense since the site seems to use network authentication to determine who
> you are.  What I  cannot figure out, is what to enter at this login
> prompt.  I've tried my account, the administrator account and no luck.
> Anybody have any idea what to do ?
>
> Thanks
> Nick

0
John
2/17/2004 5:00:54 PM
Its Username, password and domain.  I've tried putting my domain in the
Username, <Domain>\UserID and leaving the domain blank but that didn't
work.  I've also tried putting my domain in the domain field and just my
user id in the username field but that didn't work either.  Any thoughts ?

"John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@nospam-hotmail.com-nospam> wrote in
message news:eTYyaeX9DHA.452@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> are you being prompted for
>
> Username
> password
> domain?
>
> or only username
> password
>
> if its the second try putting domainname\username
> "Nick Palmer" <nick@kcicorp.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I was wondering if its possible to publish an internally hosted CRM 1.2
> web
> > site to the internet using ISA 2000 ?
> >
> > I've done the basics as far setting up the web publishing and when I try
> and
> > pull up the site, I get a network logon prompt which I think makes
> > sense since the site seems to use network authentication to determine
who
> > you are.  What I  cannot figure out, is what to enter at this login
> > prompt.  I've tried my account, the administrator account and no luck.
> > Anybody have any idea what to do ?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Nick

0
Nick
2/17/2004 5:51:01 PM
which ports have you opened up in ISA?

> Its Username, password and domain.  I've tried putting my domain in the
> Username, <Domain>\UserID and leaving the domain blank but that didn't
> work.  I've also tried putting my domain in the domain field and just my
> user id in the username field but that didn't work either.  Any thoughts ?
>
> "John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@nospam-hotmail.com-nospam> wrote in
> message news:eTYyaeX9DHA.452@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> > are you being prompted for
> >
> > Username
> > password
> > domain?
> >
> > or only username
> > password
> >
> > if its the second try putting domainname\username
> > "Nick Palmer" <nick@kcicorp.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I was wondering if its possible to publish an internally hosted CRM
1.2
> > web
> > > site to the internet using ISA 2000 ?
> > >
> > > I've done the basics as far setting up the web publishing and when I
try
> > and
> > > pull up the site, I get a network logon prompt which I think makes
> > > sense since the site seems to use network authentication to determine
> who
> > > you are.  What I  cannot figure out, is what to enter at this login
> > > prompt.  I've tried my account, the administrator account and no luck.
> > > Anybody have any idea what to do ?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Nick

0
John
2/18/2004 5:57:28 AM
Only the ones that are needed.  I believe HTTP, SMTP and DNS.  I've
published plenty of internal sites before without a problem.  I just can't
figure out what the security prompt wants here.

"John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@nospam-hotmail.com-nospam> wrote in
message news:uLDXZQe9DHA.1672@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> which ports have you opened up in ISA?
>

> "Nick Palmer" <nick@kcicorp.com> wrote in message
> > Its Username, password and domain.  I've tried putting my domain in the
> > Username, <Domain>\UserID and leaving the domain blank but that didn't
> > work.  I've also tried putting my domain in the domain field and just my
> > user id in the username field but that didn't work either.  Any thoughts
?

> > "John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@nospam-hotmail.com-nospam> wrote in
> > message news:eTYyaeX9DHA.452@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> > > are you being prompted for
> > >
> > > Username
> > > password
> > > domain?
> > >
> > > or only username
> > > password
> > >
> > > if its the second try putting domainname\username
> > > "Nick Palmer" <nick@kcicorp.com> wrote in message

> 1.2
> > > web

> try
> > > and
> > who

0
Nick

crm consultant needed asap

Using scanner in Word97

Using later version of microsoft access

Using Company Wide Mail Templates.

Dynamic Range Selection Using VBA

Publisher can not save file

OEM publisher 2002 Sp1-2

Configure Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook
While trying to configure Ms CRM for outlook throws an error message HTTP Status 401: Unauthorized.Can anyone put me out of this issue. ...

Opening Multiple Web Links in a Column

Using Publisher 200 with Publisher 2003

CRM v3r2
We use SBS 2003 R2 and I would like to install CRM v3r2. Where could download it? We have SA but we never received this latest release. TIA -- Stefano The 90-day eval is compatible with SBS 2003 R2 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=7D418781-69AD-422D-92FA-87FDB2538E2C&displaylang=en You'll also want to check out this paper on installing CRM on R2: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=46D1887A-DDCD-4ACB-829F-688618D91F1B&displaylang=en And, lastly, you'll want to install Rollup Update 2 for Microsoft CRM 3.0: http://support.micros...

How to change a background color with Publisher
How can I click on to a background color and change that background color to another color using Publisher? Ron Williams wrote: > How can I click on to a background color and change that background > color to another color using Publisher? ====================== Try these steps... Double left click the color you want to change and a Format screen should open that has a drop window with color choices. -- J. Inzer MS-MVP Digital Media Experience Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that work for me may not work fo...

Emails Not Routed to CRM
We are getting the following two errors for every inbound email into CRM: (Note outbound is being delivered and recorded correctly) Event ID 5892 The message 'RE: test email CRM:{8090D8A2-C6DC-4F53-BB21-3782BEBBF134}:MRC' failed to deliver to all servers For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. AND Event ID 5896 a message. Please check the URL in the registry. Message subject: 'RE: test email CRM:{8090D8A2-C6DC-4F53-BB21-3782BEBBF134}:MRC' URL: 'http://officeserver/MSCRMServices/CrmEmail.srf' For...

MS CRM Security Service doesn't start
Hi to all, I have a problem with my CRM 1.2 some days ago I restart the Win2003 server where there is installed CRM, and now the "Microsoft CRM Security Service" doesn't start up!!! What can I do? I have not any event about that!!! Can I re-install the CRM server and restore my sql database? Thank a lot Bey Augusto. I would apply the Update Rollup 2 for Microsoft CRM 1.2 "IGBA75" wrote: > Hi to all, > > I have a problem with my CRM 1.2 some days ago I restart the Win2003 server > where there is installed CRM, and now the "Microsoft CRM Secur...

Speeing up searches in CRM
When our call agents take a call and then search for a student by name or ID it is taking about 10-15 seconds to return the search results. Is there a way to improve the search response time? I'm wondering if there is a config setting in CRM, or are we talking additional indexes on the actual SQL tables, any ideas?!??! Thanks. To speed up searches you will have to add indexes to the database. There are white papers available on this subject (crm 4.0 performance) http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ba826cee-eddf-4d6e-842d-27fd654ed893&DisplayLang=en http://...

How to use different return email addresses
I use outlook 98. I have a mailbox with three aliases. People sending me emails can use any of the three email aliases and the email will arrive in the same mailbox. Accessing the mailbox once will retrieve all messages regardless of which alias was used. If I reply to these emails though, I want the recipient to think that the email has come from the alias that they originally used. What outlook always seems to do is use the email address of the service that is listed first in Tools->Services->Delivery. Is there any way Outlook can be set up so when I reply to a given email, my email ...

Difference between Publish and Save As Web Page in Excel 2002
I am trying to find aout the differences between using the Publish button in Save as Web Page and using Save in there. I have seen that when I use Save, it saves the Named ranges as bookmarks where Publish saves them as cell references. Can you tell me why and if there are any other differences I may need to know Hi, when you publish, the result can be viewed as an excel web page, whereas if you "save as web page", it just makes an xml sheet. Save As only allows one sheet in the workbook whereas publish allows more. - mark >-----Original Message----- >I am trying t...

Save as CSV isn't saving comma delimited, but is using semi-colon.
Save as CSV isn't saving comma delimited, but is using semi-colon... How do I get it to save using commas only (,)? (I'm using semicolons for other delimitations and so can't just do a global replace.) Thanks so much for your help! Hi Excel uses your Windows regional settings for saving CSV files. Also ho should an importing program of this CSV file know whether it is the list separator or one of your other separators? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany CCinItly wrote: > Save as CSV isn't saving comma delimited, but is using semi-colon... > How do I get it ...