Promoting and Outlook Email and Creating Contact

After reading an Email in Outlook I promote it to CRM.  The author of the
Email is not a CRM contact so their name appears in red.  Clicking on the
authors name, CRM gives the option of reconciling to another contact or
creating a new contact record.  When I select a new contact record, why
doesn't CRM populate the name and Email address just like when you create a
contact from an Email in Outlook?  Why should I have to go back and look up
the Email address from the Email itself to place in the CRM Contact record?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I'd post that as a suggestion for future product enhancements. However, I
understand the Outlook integration has been completely reworked for version
3.0, so maybe this will be addressed.
--
Matt Wittemann
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

"DickB" wrote:

> After reading an Email in Outlook I promote it to CRM.  The author of the
> Email is not a CRM contact so their name appears in red.  Clicking on the
> authors name, CRM gives the option of reconciling to another contact or
> creating a new contact record.  When I select a new contact record, why
> doesn't CRM populate the name and Email address just like when you create a
> contact from an Email in Outlook?  Why should I have to go back and look up
> the Email address from the Email itself to place in the CRM Contact record?
Matt,
So is it true, or is it just me that the Email address does not get
automatically populated into the appropriate CRM forms?

"MattNC" wrote:

> I'd post that as a suggestion for future product enhancements. However, I
> understand the Outlook integration has been completely reworked for version
> 3.0, so maybe this will be addressed.
> --
> Matt Wittemann
> http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
>

> "DickB" wrote:
>
> > After reading an Email in Outlook I promote it to CRM.  The author of the
> > Email is not a CRM contact so their name appears in red.  Clicking on the
> > authors name, CRM gives the option of reconciling to another contact or
> > creating a new contact record.  When I select a new contact record, why
> > doesn't CRM populate the name and Email address just like when you create a
> > contact from an Email in Outlook?  Why should I have to go back and look up
> > the Email address from the Email itself to place in the CRM Contact record?
You are correct. That is the current functionality (or lack thereof).
--
Matt Wittemann
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

"DickB" wrote:

> Matt,
> So is it true, or is it just me that the Email address does not get
> automatically populated into the appropriate CRM forms?
>
> "MattNC" wrote:
>
> > I'd post that as a suggestion for future product enhancements. However, I
> > understand the Outlook integration has been completely reworked for version
> > 3.0, so maybe this will be addressed.
> > --
> > Matt Wittemann
> > http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
> >

> > "DickB" wrote:
> >
> > > After reading an Email in Outlook I promote it to CRM.  The author of the
> > > Email is not a CRM contact so their name appears in red.  Clicking on the
> > > authors name, CRM gives the option of reconciling to another contact or
> > > creating a new contact record.  When I select a new contact record, why
> > > doesn't CRM populate the name and Email address just like when you create a
> > > contact from an Email in Outlook?  Why should I have to go back and look up
> > > the Email address from the Email itself to place in the CRM Contact record?

From time to time, I will recieve email from friends, family, or business...and when I get the email, I open it up to find nothing but white space. I can't find a common thing between emails. I just know it is very frustrating when I have to ask people to resend the email to me or to a new address. When I look at my mail on the server, it is fine. It is when I open Outlook and it downloads it to my desktop. I get nothing. Any ideas? Cheers.. vg Sorry, wanted to add that I am using OL2003 with WINXP and everything is updated SP wise. I am starting to see some articles on this...

CRM address book in Outlook

NDRs forwarding to external contact

Attaching Contacts to new email

Some Emails Cannot be Delivered

Outlook Sales

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

invalid email address

outlook 97 and express email problems

contact list #13

Having problem with spoofing email