Product list in CRM v.1.2

Hi all,

i have another question concerning the product list, can i attach an excle
sheet that contains my products instead of loging each product one by one as
i have over 25,000 products to log?
--
Regards,
Marwa

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I'm afraid not.  This is a major pain point for a lot of people and I do not
kno of any 3rd party add-ons that have addressed it either.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"marwa" <marwa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Hi all,

i have another question concerning the product list, can i attach an excle
sheet that contains my products instead of loging each product one by one as
i have over 25,000 products to log?
--
Regards,
Marwa

0
Matt
11/17/2005 2:50:13 AM
oh, does this problem exist in v 3.0 ?
--
Regards,
Marwa

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> I'm afraid not.  This is a major pain point for a lot of people and I do not
> kno of any 3rd party add-ons that have addressed it either.
>
> --
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>

> "marwa" <marwa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> i have another question concerning the product list, can i attach an excle
> sheet that contains my products instead of loging each product one by one as
> i have over 25,000 products to log?
> --
> Regards,
> Marwa

No, this has not been addressed in v3.0.

--

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> I'm afraid not.  This is a major pain point for a lot of people and I do
not
> kno of any 3rd party add-ons that have addressed it either.
>
> --
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>

> "marwa" <marwa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> i have another question concerning the product list, can i attach an excle
> sheet that contains my products instead of loging each product one by one
as
> i have over 25,000 products to log?
> --
> Regards,
> Marwa

0
Matt
11/19/2005 3:06:46 AM
Marwa,
The best solution currently is to buy Scribe from www.scribesoft.com.
You can use this tool to import data to any CRM object, including
products.  HTH,

Dave

David L. Carr, President
Visionary Software Consulting, Inc.
Main #: 971-327-6944

NEW!   VAST 1.2.5 featuring VAST Insights for Microsoft CRM!  Now, VAST
audits all changes, but also gives you easy query capability into that
historical data!
For informative screenshots, please see
http://www.vscrm.com/screenshots.htm.

0
Dave

Display Field Name as Text Listing if Value True from Checkbox Fields
Hi everyone! I have 40 or so columns in a table using the yes/no data type. Each record in the table represents an audit of a paper form. Those items filled incorrectly or incompletely on the paper form receive a check on an access form during the audit process. I would like to create a feedback form based on the audit record that displays a listing of fields that received the check boxes, or rather, were incomplete or incorrect on paper form that was audited. On the feedback form, I only want to display something like this: "Your form had the following errors: ErrorFieldOneName Erro...

CRM 3.0/4.0: Views to show record that is created X Days Ago
I have a simple requirement to create a View with condition that the record is created x days ago, for example the record that is created 3 days ago. The only operator that is available for datetime (e.g. createdon) is only Last X Days, which if i show Last 3 Days, will show the records that were created today, yesterday, and 2 days ago. Is there any operator or any way to show the record that were created 3 days ago? I try to put condition "createdon Last 3 Days" and "NOT createdon Last 2 days", but there is no "NOT" operator in CRM. I try to insert new attribut...

"TOOLS" menu missing from menu bar #2
"TOOLS" menu is completely missing from the menu bar in Publisher 2003. How do I put it back? Might try a "detect and repair" Meanwhile, right-click a toolbar, click customize, scroll down to built-in menus, drag the tools menu to your toolbar. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Anil Gupta" <AnilGupta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C7ADC1E-A6E9-4F01-8C06-01B92AC7B97B@microsoft.com... > "TOOLS" menu is completely missing from the menu bar in Publisher 20...

Creating a Combination Bar Chart with 2 Lines
I am trying to create a bar chart with 2 line series. The Y-axis for the vertical bars would be on the left and the Y-axis for the 2 line series would be on the right (3 series were defined). The horizontal axis for all series are calendar months (Jan, Feb, etc.) Every time I setup the chart my chart only displays a single line, ignoring the other line series. The vertical bars come out fine. Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong? Thanks Bill Falzone Don't use the built in types. Make the chart using all columns. Select a series that you want to change (click on it right in th...

Vista, MS Access 2003 and MS ADO Ext 6.0 vs 2.x
I am running into an issue with MS Access 2003 installed on Vista. Apparantly in the MS ADO Ext 6.0 version either (format, round, or sum) is not in that DLL. However, when I link to v2.8 of the DLL, I don't have an issue. I am getting the following error message when running my query. "Function is not available in expressions in query expressions." Does anyone have other workarounds? I am distributing this application in an MDE format, so I was wondering if the end users may experience issues, if I link to my version of msadox.dll instead of the installed version. I tried s...

Setting up own block list (e2k3)
hello all, tried to create my own block list for exchange 2003 but i got an error. using telnet on port 25 ##### 220 xion.hybrid.intra Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Version: 6.0.3790.0 ready ... helo 250 xion.hybrid.intra Hello [192.168.0.2] mail from:spam@spam.com 250 2.1.0 spam@spam.com....Sender OK rcpt to:support 421 4.1.0 Dropping connection due to an error on this server Connection to host lost. ##### everything runs fine when i disable my connection filtering rule. someone an idea ? tia ...

Cannot Start Outlook #2
I have just run the auomatic windows update on my local PC and now Outlook 2000 will not start. It just hangs at the splash screen. Outlook is configured to connect to Exchange. Other PCs on the same Lan which have not been updated can still connect. The updates installed were 824141, 823182, 826232, 825119, 828035, 828749. I have unistalled all of these updates and Outlook still will not start. Any ideas? Does it start if you run this command from the command line, go to Start > Run > type "outlook /safe" without the quotes but with the space before the Forward slash &...

2 Email domains w/2 Act. Dir. Domains - Same Forest
Hello, Scenario: We've had domain1.com (AD) setup and running in exchange 2003 for a year now w/mixed win2k and win2k3 servers - email domain name is the same, domain1. OWA works great and haven't had any problems. Our company is branching out into a new business segment and I've created a new active dir. domain within the same forest, domain2.local. It is NOT a child domain, but does sit under the same forest. I need to configure my front end/back end exchange 2003 boxes to do the following: -receive email for both email domains (domain1.com and domain2.com) -let users...

Search Multiple Worksheets #2
Is there a way to search trough multiple worksheets for a specific value? Other posts have mentioned to use VBA, but I have never used that before. If anyone can give me some advice on using that or a type of formula to perform that can search multiple worksheets. Thank You There may be other ways but, while holding down the ctrl key select each of the worksheet tabs you want to search in then select Edit|Find from the menu. Type in the value you want and it will go to the first instance of that value. Now if you are wanting to preserve a specifice value for reference or ???, then...

Algorithm to combine identical items in a list
I have a rather large worksheet that contains a list of all items in a warehouse inventory. I would like to be able to combine duplicate items as new inventory is added. Each item has (among other fields) an item ID, a color and a condition. I would like to combine only the lines where all of these fields are identical, summing the quantities in each record, and recalculating the cost based on the cost field in each record. Currently, I do this by starting at the top of the list and comparing each record to all of the records below it to the end of the list. This is rather time-cons...

can I add a link in Publisher to display, "join our email list"?
I am creating a fairly simply website and need to add a button for visitors to join our email list. Is this possible in Publisher? Please post your question in the web group and we will try to help you there: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign or http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign&lang=en&cr=US Always include the version of Publisher you are using, the URL of your site and as much detail as possible. DavidF "mfreecox" <mfreecox@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

print area #2
i cannot clear print area. when i select the print area and 'file', 'print area',the options are not available. any suggestions? When you use this command, Excel creates a range "print_area". Try deleting that range. Stan Scott New York City "bronxxbabe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78dc01c476a2$31509280$a401280a@phx.gbl... > i cannot clear print area. when i select the print area > and 'file', 'print area',the options are not available. > any suggestions? Perhaps you have two or more ...

HTTP Error 401.2
Hi, I have installed MS CRM 1.2 on my Domain controller running windows 2003 standard server and email router on exchange 2003. My local ip subnet is 172.0.0.x With ms vpn connection, I can access to ms crm by using outlook 2003 or internet explorer by opening the default ms crm page remotely. However, if i connect to ms crm with different subnet 10.0.0.x, i cannot connect to ms crm. 10.0.0.x subnet is routed to 172.0.0.x, where my users normally login email from the exchange 2003. What puzzle me is why i can authenticate from exchange 2003 but not ms crm server on using the same...

backup same set of servers from 2 DPM 2007 servers
I am changing the DPM server 2007. However, I would like to take this opportunity to revise all protection groups so that I can restore bare-metal any server from a single lTO-4 tape if possible. During this "transitional period," I would like to leave the existing backup settings on the older DPM server to continue to run while adding jobs to the new DPM server. Looks like to me that I have to re-install the agent on all servers so that they can be recognized by the new DPM server. IS there a better way to do this if my plan is possible at all? Thanks Bill ...

PO not listed for Invoicing
We have a Drop-ship PO with status Released and Revision 0. We can view it under All Purchase Order Transaction window. But when we try to invoice it from eith View->Purchasing Lists window or POP window, it's not listed under the Vendor name. Any help is appreciated. Any chance already assigned to an Invoice Batch? -- Mick "ThongD" wrote: > We have a Drop-ship PO with status Released and Revision 0. We can view it > under All Purchase Order Transaction window. But when we try to invoice it > from eith View->Purchasing Lists window or POP window, it&...

eMail Receive in CRM
Hello, I have installed CRM 3.0 Server and on the Exchange Server the CRM Exchange eMail Router. I can send eMails to external adresses but the answer of this mails is not imported into CRM. I have checked many settings but i found nothing... Any ideas? greetings, Stefan ...

Problem running MS CRM 3.0 over SSL (https)
I have setup an install of Microsoft CRM 3.0 on a high spec Windows 2003 Small Business Server and it all worked happily. I then generated an SSL certificate and applied it to the site in IIS. Initially when you load CRM (using the web client) it loads the left hand menu and navigation panes and shows the top menus and the user which is logged in however to main content area remains blank. After a time out period the error "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator" appears. The strange thing is you can navigate the menus etc and even edit...

How do I turn the pivot chart into a list with all cells filled?
I have the pivot chart and would like to copy and paste it so that all fields are filled Select the pivot table. Choose Edit>Copy Select the cell where you'd like to paste the copy Choose Edit>Paste Special Select Values, click OK There are instructions here for filling the blanks: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry02.html gianna wrote: > I have the pivot chart and would like to copy and paste it so that all fields > are filled -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

moving publisher #2
I bought a computer with publisher bundled (no cd). Now I want to put it on my new laptop. How do I move it from the desktop computer to the laptop???? Cliff without the source CD...you don't. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "Cliff" <Cliff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:336C1CBE-2A51-4B62-B83D-46C35C557B74@microsoft.com... > I bought a computer with publisher bundled (no cd). Now I want to put it > on > my new laptop. How do I move it from the desktop computer to the > laptop???? > > Cliff I...

Average speed #2
Hi all Having trouble working out average speed. miles in a1 =14.3 time in B1 = 0:50:23 this cell has been formatted to HH:MM:SS The formula A1/B1 brings back the wrong answer if I alter to A1/(B1*24) still does not work correctly. Advise please. Thanks Jon "jon" <jon@nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4659eb9a$1_1@glkas0286.greenlnk.net... > Hi all > Having trouble working out average speed. > > miles in a1 =14.3 > time in B1 = 0:50:23 this cell has been formatted to HH:MM:SS > > The formula A1/B1 brings back the wrong answer if I al...

Keeps asking for password #2
I have followed all of the instructions given previously, I have deleted and recreated my e-mail account but Outlook 2002 (Windows XP) still keeps asking me for user ID and password every time it tries to send / recieve. The strange thing is that I have two accounts and this is only a problem with one of them. one of your accounts is set to ask formy outgoing server requires authentication, see under tools ...accounts... send...and then advanced email settings, or just double click on the email accunt , it wil give you the properties, take it from there it should be the settings should ...

Y Axis #2
I have two questions regarding the 'y' axis - in a normal line graph Firstly, how do i get the 'y' axis to appear in the middle of the graph IE to cross the 'x' axis at (0,0) instead of currently (in my graph) (-10,0) Secondly how do i plot the line "X =2" which should just be a vertical line on the graph? I'm using Microsoft Excel 2007 any help would be appreciated. Thanks Hi, Not able to test in xl2007 but from memory it should be the same as xl2003. For a line chart, select the x axis and open the format dialog. On the scale tab set Value (Y) axi...

Printing on 2 sides of a page?
How can I print a 2 page spreadsheet on the front and back of the same sheet of paper? Using Excel 2008. Thanks! It depends on whether your printer supports duplex printing. Check your printer's features to find out. If it does, the setting will be available in the Print dialog. You can also do a "manual duplex" job by printing page 1 (or 'Odd pages'), flipping the paper yourself, then print page 2 (or 'Even pages')... If it's only 2 pages that might be the simplest approach. -- HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac "Rick"...

Disabling the "Track in CRM" feature when composing E-mails.
I installed the CRM3.0 client on my machine yesterday to work with our corporate version of CRM. However, every time I compose, reply, forward, respond to e-mails, it is automatically getting "tracked in CRM". I do NOT want this for every e-mail, so how do I turn it off??? I looked everywhere, and I can't find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! In the web client click tools > options, then select the tab activities. At the bottom you can select which message to track all or only those with a tracking token. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) Lead Developer A...