product / currency / pricelist

Hi,
I search in the documentation and in the web but could not find enough
information to really be sure :-)

I thought it must be possible with CRM 4.0 to have:

one product
and many currencies
and one discount list for each currency (in %)
and one pricelist for each currency

Please give me some info why I can't do it and what approach would
be the best to manage the following solution:
(or what I do wrong that I am not allowed to discount a product that comes
with the main currency and should be attached in the pricelist for currency b)

the product is "software" - the price is mostly managed through discounts
(as the product is in the thousands ...)
I want to define a "startingpoint" within the product itsself.
They salesman than are allowed to define the price through discounts.

Is there anywhere in the universe a sensful grafical diagram to see
dependences?
This would help a lot to understand!

best regards
Antonio
0
AKB (23)
2/19/2008 5:06:02 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi A.K.B.,

very timely question about diagrams :-) Fresh from the oven:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=B73912E8-861E-43AE-97B4-72B3E809F287&displaylang=en.

As a general comment, I think you might be misinterpreting how discount
lists are operating - they are volume based discounts. If that's what you
want, fine, but if you're after % discounts then I'd go for different price
lists where you can introduce % discounts off the base price. Typically
though people do it other way around - create base price based on actual
cost and then create various price lists which introduce profit margins. I
cannot see any issues with multiple currencies. Or may be I just
misunderstood your question - feel free to clarify.

Hope this helps
--
George Doubinski
CRM Certified Professional - Developer

"A.K.B." <AKB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I search in the documentation and in the web but could not find enough
> information to really be sure :-)
>
> I thought it must be possible with CRM 4.0 to have:
>
> one product
> and many currencies
> and one discount list for each currency (in %)
> and one pricelist for each currency
>
> Please give me some info why I can't do it and what approach would
> be the best to manage the following solution:
> (or what I do wrong that I am not allowed to discount a product that comes
> with the main currency and should be attached in the pricelist for
> currency b)
>
> the product is "software" - the price is mostly managed through discounts
> (as the product is in the thousands ...)
> I want to define a "startingpoint" within the product itsself.
> They salesman than are allowed to define the price through discounts.
>
> Is there anywhere in the universe a sensful grafical diagram to see
> dependences?
> This would help a lot to understand!
>
> best regards
> Antonio

On 20 Feb., 01:38, "George Doubinski"
<georged.del...@alexanders.remove.net.au> wrote:
> Hi A.K.B.,
>  ... ... ...
> Typically
> though people do it other way around - create base price based on actual
> cost and then create various price lists which introduce profit margins. I
> cannot see any issues with multiple currencies.
> ... ... ...

Hi George, the same problem, Antonio mentioned, leads to knock-out our
CRM 4.0 evaluation.
I created two pricelists, one for USD (base-currency) and EUR.
Trying to put products (USD), into a new pricelistitem
(productpricelevel) of the EUR pricelist
an error occurs "The price list currency must match the product
curency when the pricing method is a percentage ..."
Here fails the multicurrency-feature. Not usable.
I cannot write quotes to EUR-customers using USD-products from the
productcatalogue via EUR-pricelists defining a percentage-margin!

Another stupid fact is the old lookup-problem. This is critical when
using different pricelists.
My qoute has a related pricelist and the lookup does no preselect the
products, related to my pricelist?
When I take the wrong product CRM cries "Product with the specified
unit does not exist in price list"!
I'm sorry that Your (or Adi Katz) workaround cannot be used here. I
loose the search-option needed when hundreds of products are
presselected that way.

Whats Your opinion as a CRM C.P.D.?

Best regards
Arno.
0
a.lenz (1)

Products Look Up
When we enter a new order and go to add products, the product "look up records" window only allows us to type in the beginning of a product name to search by. We have thousands of products with no way of knowing how each one was originally entered. Is there a way to change this so that we can search by product id instead of product name or search by "product name contains...." instead of "product name begins with ...."? -- Brandon IT Director Presentations Direct - Office Equipment & Supplies http://www.presentationsdirect.com use the * as wildcar...

Customer Product Numbers
We are starting to implement CRM 4 and we are having issues rapping our head around how we can set up products in our organization. We have the organization product number for products and also have a customer product number for the products. However we can have multiply customer numbers for the same product. Does anyone know the best way to capture multiply customer numbers for a product along with our product number? The goal is when a customer calls and gives the sales team the customer product number it will relate and find the organization product. "Nick D" <Nick D@di...

Select product in Lead and Opportunity
Hi, I would like to know if I could select the product /product type in a lead and opportunity? Thanks in advance! Opportunity - yes - you can select multiple products for opportunities. Leads - no - not out of the box. It is possible to create a custom entity called "Lead Products" (Similar to "Opportunity Product") and make it associate with the leads and products. hope this helps.. -- Manisha Powar (Madhusudanan) Program Manager Microsoft Dynamics - CRM This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for y...

Inactice products or customers can still be added to a transaction
I'm using POS 2009 and when I make a product or customer Inactive I can still view it and add to a transaction the inactive items/customers, is there a setting for this or is this a bug in pos 2009? Thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0023_01CA9B90.724B8BF0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable In testing on SP1 if I make an item inactive it does not appear in the = list, you are still able to add it to the transaction by scanning or = entering the item number while NOT lo...

Product Key #2
Where can i get my product key number from my office program? We are about to purchase some new G5's and I will have to put the existing copy of office x on the new computers. I can get the product ID from office but that is it. I have around 17 copies and i don't want to install each copy till i find the correct one. I would appreciate any help. Thanks Robert In article <1122502485.266686.193910@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, info@mbl-arch.com wrote: > Where can i get my product key number from my office program? > We are about to purchase some new G5's and I will...

invalid/unauth product key
I recently purchased a tablet PC on ebay. In the item description, it stated that "I just installed Windows TabletXP, but it needs to be activated." Fine and dandy, valid COA on the back per auction images. Well. Upon attempting activation, I was informed that I had an "invalid product key". I downloaded and ran Magical Jellybean to get the PK from within the system itself, and it gave me a completely *DIFFERENT* PK than the COA (and said it was running Windows XP Pro). When I tried to activate with that, I was told that I had an "unauthorized" PK. T...

Creating PDF No Longer Works in Any Office Product
I'm not sure when things stopped working. I have MSO 2003 and Windows 2007. When I hit the PDF button in Excel, it starts going through the PDF motions but then Excel locks up and stops responding. In Word, the screen blinks a few times and then just goes back to Word without making the PDF. This is getting frustrating, any ideas? Try this first if you use Excel 2007 Run Office Diagnostics. Office Button>Excel Options...Resources -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

MS Money Default Currency
I am new in MS Money and I changed the default currency to BHD instead of USD but when I create a new invoice, the invoice currency still showing USD? Many Thanks, Jassim Rahma I believe that the default curency is set at the account level, not the global level. Have you changed the currency for the specific account that you are now entering a transaction into? "Jassim Rahma" <JassimRahma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:67D3900B-D42F-4718-89A1-85893FF40F13@microsoft.com... > I am new in MS Money and I changed the default currency to BHD instead of USD ...

Currency to words?
Hello, I once again have a problem that I need help with. I have designed a payroll program in Excel 2000. So far it works great. I am trying something new with it. On Sheet1 I have the information. I have designed pay stubs on sheet 2 (Emp Stubs). I have the info from sheet 1 carried over to the Emp Stubs sheet through the use of the following formulas: =SUM(Sheet1!H9) I know this is a lot of work when I could probably just buy Quicken, but I really need to keep using this method. NOW MY PROBLEM. I need to be able to take currency, for example $717.13 and convert it over to words, for ...

Products Page in Microsoft CRM
I'm trying to add a product but I don't even see the products page. How do I view the Products Page in Microsoft CRM? I have system administrator rights, so I should have access to everything. Any ideas how to locate the products page? The product catalog is under Settings. Access this from the home page. Jerry email address at http://www.iBizInitiatives.com "Cayla" <cayla@monrealconsulting.com> wrote in message news:0bf001c37d4c$a9e046a0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I'm trying to add a product but I don't even see the > products page. How do I vie...

Vendor Statements in Originating Currency
Transactions with most of our vendors are not in the functional currency. Is there a standard GP report which would give us Vendor Statements in Originating Currency alone with opening and closing period balances also in Originating currency? ...

save same web query by date so I can chart currency movements
I'm fairly new to using Excel for financial modeling, but recentl figured out how to pull graphs from the internet and have them updat periodically (Excel asks you to choose a number of minutes betwee updates). However, I really don't want the web query to update, I want it to sav the chart each day (automatically instead of manually) in a ne worksheet so I can go back and develop a page that will chart changes. If it helps to visualize, I'm pulling a currency chart fro Bloomberg.com, but they only list the day's movements. I'd like to hav it save each day at market clos...

Multiple Use of Product Key
I have 3 laptops at home. One has a full version of Microsoft Office 2007. Can I use the same product key for the other 2 laptops? It depends. If you have a retail version of Office then you can install it on 2 machines simultaneously. If you have home and Students version then you can install it on 3 Pcs. If you have .... I give up because you can do almost anything you want provided you know what you are doing. If I were you, I would install it anyway and also try to activate it online. If it fails, I expect M$ systems to tell me where to contact them by phone to resolve t...

I need the product key for microsoft office publisher
my email address is casacrochell@yahoo.com 1 You've posted in a Microsoft Project group 2 No one is going to give you their product key as it might invalidate theirs! 3 If you haven't got a product key on your box it's probably pirated or you've lost it so call Microsoft -- Rod Gill Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co.nz Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: http://www.projectvbabook.com "microsoft office publisher" <microsoft office publisher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E2EE80A8-C...

why {=product(row(1:10))} gives error?
I have 1-10 in A1:A10 and issue the above formula. Though the result is ok, I get an error saying the formula refers to empty cells and points to cell A1. Why is this? Try: =PRODUCT(A1:A10) instead. 1:10 means all cells of the first 10 rows. In article <e6pIc4mkHHA.4852@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl>, "dindigul" <padhye.m@gmail.com> wrote: > I have 1-10 in A1:A10 and issue the above formula. Though the result is ok, > I get an error saying the formula refers to empty cells and points to cell > A1. Why is this? ...

Lost Vista Product Key
My father bought me a laptop about a year ago, and i never entered a product key, i didnt know that i had too. i have since moved, and lost my box that the laptop came in. How do i get a product key without having to pay for one? Run the Belarc Advisor http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Jennifer Lynn Underwood" <Jennifer Lynn Underwood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6F0C2AD-08F2-4DA6-80CE-CE6D1BBCAD2B@microsoft.com... > My father bought me a laptop about a year ago, and i never entered a produ...

Invoice Product associated view
I want to add the Amount and Tax columns to the associated views for Invoice Product (so that the Extended Amount can be more easily understood). I was able to add the columns but now can't select them to be able to move them in the right order. I also can't remove them. Does anyone have a solution for this? Thanks. Dan On Jun 25, 10:57=A0pm, drausch <drau...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want to add the Amount and Tax columns to the associated views for Invo= ice > Product (so that the Extended Amount can be more easily understood). =A0I= was > able to...

Product Kit
It would be great that it was possible to change quantity of an underlying product in a product kit. For example, if I sell digital cameras and want to sell a bundle of 1 Camera 2 Camera Batteries It is currently impossible to do this without using some work-arounds. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then ...

Does CRM allow products to be grouped by categories?
Im still in the process of trying to implement our new crm app and even though i've looked through the product table I cannot seem to find any fields that would allow me to group my products into categories. If its called by a different name can someone please tell me what it is. Secondly if its not there can someone send me to a good tutorial as to how I can add and also have those changes reflected in the form (interface). Thanks CRM does not support grouping products. It does has a concept of kits which allows you to in effect create a new product or kit out of other products. ...

Add currency display option to apply debits inquiry
When inquiring on payment documents the option exists to display the transactions in functional, originating or reporting currency. When drilling down to the Apply Debits window this button is not present and the amounts are displayed only in functional currency. Is it possible to add the currency display option to this window? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to op...

Money Sunset Product
Hi all, this is the first I've heard of this product. Will it convert Money 2004, or 2005 files? If not, is there a workaround available? Regards. Also, which version should I download? "rustyfender04" <rustyfender04@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OKo%23M%23yCLHA.4308@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi all, this is the first I've heard of this product. > > Will it convert Money 2004, or 2005 files? > > If not, is there a workaround available? > > Regards. > Provided you M03/4/5 file is US locale, then it should c...

Locating product ID Key with in XP Pro?
If you have installed Windows XP Pro on your system, how can you locate the Product ID Key with in the operating system? Robert Bodling <robertbodling@yahoo.com> wrote in news:76294583-f190- 4c86-b37a-95fe72e9a72c@w30g2000yqw.googlegroups.com: > If you have installed Windows XP Pro on your system, how can you > locate the Product ID Key with in the operating system? Try the free version of "Keyfinder" app at: <http://www.magicaljellybean.com/> HTH, John Robert Bodling wrote: > If you have installed Windows XP Pro on your system, how can you...

Know any product to sync multiple Exchange calendars please?
Hello, My boss wants to sync his Outlook calendar with several members of his team (one-way only). I've seen several products that can do that but his PC/Outlook would need to be left running all the time. Does anyone know of an (Exchange) server-based product that can sync multiple user calendars please? Thanks, - Alan. Do the appointments really need to be synced to his (or their) calendar? If not, calendar overlay in Outlook 2007 would work well without the need for a server-side utility. He just needs to open the calendars in his profile to review them either si...

product key/registraion
copy and paste in first square worked for me thank you ...

Product look up view from quote
Hi, I have gotten pretty familar with modifying this CRM system. I do want to change one thing that I cannot figure out. How do I change the default window size of the product lookup view. This is the product lookup view from the quote > click on add new product >then click the lookup button. It comes up the same size always and I need to make it wider and higher so that it is easier to use. thanks so much! Ron ...