Product Catalog 02-27-06

I have downloaded the 90 day trial version of CRM 3.0 and can't seem to
enable the product catalog.  I have edited the web.config folder so that the
ISVintegration value is set to "All".

The "Settings" option under "Settings" doesn't seem to appear - does anyone
know why?

Any help appreciated.

Dave

0
Dave
2/27/2006 6:12:12 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

"Dave Harris" <ddh76@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> The "Settings" option under "Settings" doesn't seem to appear - does
> anyone know why?

    It doesn't appear in the Outlook client, or if Outlook was open before
you opened the Web client.

 - Steve Yates
 - ITS, Inc.
 - I'm mooning you now, you just can't see me.

~ Taglines by Taglinator 4 - www.srtware.com ~

0
Steve
2/28/2006 5:31:15 AM
The Settings tab will not appear if you are running the CRM for Outlook
client (yes, even if you access the web client).  You either need to shut
down the Outlook or use a different DNS name when using the web client.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"Dave Harris" <ddh76@hotmail.com> wrote in message
I have downloaded the 90 day trial version of CRM 3.0 and can't seem to
enable the product catalog.  I have edited the web.config folder so that the
ISVintegration value is set to "All".

The "Settings" option under "Settings" doesn't seem to appear - does anyone
know why?

Any help appreciated.

Dave

0
Matt
2/28/2006 5:59:25 AM
Excellent - this worked perfectly.  Why is that setup like that?

"Matt Parks" <mattp65@Yax_RemoveDashAndX_xhoo.com> wrote in message
> The Settings tab will not appear if you are running the CRM for Outlook
> client (yes, even if you access the web client).  You either need to shut
> down the Outlook or use a different DNS name when using the web client.
>
> --
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>

> "Dave Harris" <ddh76@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have downloaded the 90 day trial version of CRM 3.0 and can't seem to
> enable the product catalog.  I have edited the web.config folder so that
> the
> ISVintegration value is set to "All".
>
> The "Settings" option under "Settings" doesn't seem to appear - does
> anyone
> know why?
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> Dave

0
Dave
3/6/2006 1:09:29 PM
Not sure the full rationale.  The story I heard was that it was to avoid
confusion, but in retrospect, it has caused more confusion with the way they
chose to implement it.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

Excellent - this worked perfectly.  Why is that setup like that?

"Matt Parks" <mattp65@Yax_RemoveDashAndX_xhoo.com> wrote in message
> The Settings tab will not appear if you are running the CRM for Outlook
> client (yes, even if you access the web client).  You either need to shut
> down the Outlook or use a different DNS name when using the web client.
>
> --
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>

> "Dave Harris" <ddh76@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have downloaded the 90 day trial version of CRM 3.0 and can't seem to
> enable the product catalog.  I have edited the web.config folder so that
> the
> ISVintegration value is set to "All".
>
> The "Settings" option under "Settings" doesn't seem to appear - does
> anyone
> know why?
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> Dave

0
Matt

Public Folder Replication 02-21-10
I am unable to connect to Exchange 2007 using PFDAVAdmin. I was able to in the past, but now cannot. When I attempt to connect , I receive the error, " An error occured while trying to establish a connection to the Exchange server. be sure that port 443 (for SSL) or port 80 (for non-ssl) can be reached. If you are connecting to public folders, be sure that the public store is mounted (it is, on both the Exchange 2007 and the Exchange 2010 server). If you are connecting to mailboxes and the progess bar shows a particular mailbox, be sure that the user has at least one...

Workflow Manager not working 06-24-04
When I try and launch Workflow Manager it asks for the name of the server and no matter what I type in it gives me a "contact your systems administrator" error. It keeps reverting back to localhost. I have tried just the name of the server, the crm header name, the server.domain name, the header.domain name, etc. What format should it be in (http://???)? Localhost on a browser just brings up the default company website, does this need to be changed? What version of MSCRM do you have? 1.0 or 1.2? First of all, you can only access the workflow manager on the MSCRM Server i...

Failed to Initialize Token 10-26-06
Hello Our customer has a problem when sending emails from CRM webclient. When sending Failed to Initialize Token error message is given. This happens only when sending emails to a receiver outside own organization. What could be done? -Jukka P. Read the article at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913769 it should fix your problem. "Jukka Partanen" wrote: > Hello > > Our customer has a problem when sending emails from CRM webclient. > > When sending Failed to Initialize Token error message is given. This happens > only when sending emails to a receiver ...

How to import personal contact into a new Global Catalog
How to import personal contact into a new Global Catalog? Anyone know how in world I can do this? I have a pst with contacts that I must import into a new GC. You basically want to export them into some sort of text format. Then using a script you can put them into the GAL. Alternatively, you could have a script that reads the PST directly and imports them. Or you could have something that exports them into LDIFDE ready text. Or... Check out http://www.slipstick.com or support.microsoft.com for more ideas on this. Al "Matt" <mrizos@123computer.com> wrote in message ...

cancel 04-06-10
I would like to cancel my purchase of Virtual Memory 5.0, this software did nothing & I want my money back. Tina Denoyer 271 S. Randolph Bradley, Illinois 60915 fail "Tina Denoyer" <xxxx@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OKluGvZ1KHA.752@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I would like to cancel my purchase of Virtual Memory 5.0, this software did >nothing & I want my money back. > > Tina Denoyer > xxxx > yyyy, Illinois zzzz ...

Make a product that works
Truly you should be ashamed of Excel. I couldn't even BEGIN to itemize or describe the utter hell of working with this application and the literally 1000s of hours it has wasted of mine due to poor and sloppy programming. 2007??? This is like a first release. From the ridiculous non-standard cut/paste cache, to the on-again off-again 'select all' that destroys sorts, to the disappearing Freeze Top Pane, to the 'pervasive' recalculations that don't turn off no matter what you do and d RUIN work, to the DAILY crashes and the need to dig through pages of w...

There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM Server 02-21-07
Hello ALL, I have a problem with my CRM Client for Outlook. The CRM Server 3.0 is on a Windows 2003. Wenn I add in IIS 6.0 the server name (FQDN and NETBIOS NAME) as a multiple identities and remove the default web site i can access to server with the CRM Outlook client but I cannot access anymore with the CRM Web Client. And wenn I remove the server name (FQDN and NETBIOS NAME) and put back the default web site the Web client is working but not the CRM client for Outlook. Error in CRM client for outlook: The microsoft CRM Server is unavailable. There is a problem communicating with th...

tracking and charting production
I have created a workbook to track daily/monthly production and efficiency data. I have each day of the month as a new worksheet and corresponding tab. Now I want to total this information, hopefully in a line chart so we can check if production falls off in a particular day. Is this possible? I know how to SUM the figures and get a running total, but I want a day by day summary to correspond with the different points on the chart. Any ideas? On Wed, 12 Sep 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, JOE RR <JOE@RR.?.microsoft.com.invalid> said: >I have created a workbook to ...

Excel Charts 04-06-10
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel The dates, located along the x axis, in my chart are not representing the dates in my data. Can anyone help? <br> Thanks. In article <59bb6927.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0>, megawhammy@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) > Processor: Intel > > The dates, located along the x axis, in my chart are not representing the > dates in my data. Can anyone help? <br> > Thanks. Not really. Before we can help: Yo...

Access 2007 PIVOT TABLE 04-27-10
How do I remove a pivot table from showing in my table? ...

Sales for Outlook Installation 07-06-04
Having a problem on 2 machines, not on any others in the lab. When running the SFO install, we type in the url of the CRM server when prompted, then get an error dialog with the message "Setup was unable to find an instance of the Microsoft CRM Server components." The machines all have the same IP properties and network identification, and all can successfully run the CRM product through a browser. Any ideas? Fred McCoy NetStructures, LLC Fred, I'm having the same problem. If you find a solution please post. Thanks Dale Mittelstaedt New Resources Consulting >----...

Product Codes Numbers
I am using Excel to edit the Sage Stock Records for my business. So export from sage as a CSV, make changes in Excel and import back int Sage. Generally it is working fine. But I have a problem with Product Codes The format of my Product Code is 6 numbers and so that I can us Excel's mathematical functions I am using a custom '000000' format. But Sage needs the Product Code column in a text format. So prior t import (ie having calculated the Product Code numbers) I change th format of the Excel column to text. The problem is that, in doing this I lose any zeros that may be th...

97-02 error: Missing reference?
I converted a database from 97 to 2002. When I start up the database from my PC, all is well. But when the end-user starts it up from *their* PC, they get the following error: Your "xxxxxxx" database or project contains a missing or broken reference to the file "OWC10.DLL" version 1.1. I checked to make sure the DLL was present on her PC, and that her userID had access rights. This is a newly rolled-out PC with Win2KPro and Office XP. When I pull up the "references" menu option, I see the following checkbox is checked: MISSING: Microsoft Office XP Web Com...

Conditional formatting 02-11-10
Hi In a cell, I want to allow the value only if a condition is satisfied. If this condition is not satisfied, and if I format the value to be white, then the value is still in the cell and cannot been seen because it is white. This is no good. I want no value in the cell. Any help Louis You can use Data Validation to prevent the entry of an invalid value. Or you could use event code to delete the invalid value after entry. Which way to go is up to you. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 07:35:01 -0800, LP <LP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

How to convert a retail product key to a VL key
We just receive some volume license keys for Windows 7 (I'd ask this on a Win 7 NG but I can't find any). Due to a delay in receiving them, I had to install Win 7 Pro on one PC using a spare retail DVD and product key. Is there a way to convert this retail installation to use the Volume License product key without having to reinstall everything using the VL DVD and key? Brian http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7install/threads "BrianB" <brian.notthis.bygland@boeing.notthis.com> wrote in message news:uIoUmx5mKHA.4644@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx...

CRM 02-19-04

Browser Choice 02-23-10
Today, an update was applied that on opening IE onstartup gives me the option to install numerous other browsers. I don't want to as already installed those I want and I cannot find anyway to stop this page opening again. Help.....I'd like to remove this update or switch off browser choice screen but suspect that EU forced this issue on all of us. What can I do ??????? Exactly what update are you talking about? Sounds to me like you've been hijacked. -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."...

Filtered Views 06-07-07
I have created a few test QUOTES and want to test the query (against the filtered views) that I built for a QUOTE report. The query returns 0 records and 0 errors. If I query the QUOTEDETAIL table (SELECT * FROM QUOTEDETAIL) on the CRM SQL server using SQL Enterprise Manager I see the QUOTEs I created. If I query FILTEREDQUOTEDETAIL (SELECT * FROM FILTEREDQUOTEDETAIL), it returns 0 records? Hi Mike, When one uses Filtered Views than data returned is only the one which is allowed to the current user. You should always use Filtered Views in your reports. Check following URL for det...

SharePoint 2007 Business Data Catalog for Microsoft CRM 3.0
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C73020.C7D12E10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Anyone know if it already exists or if Microsoft is planning on = providing the components to make this happen? Alan ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C73020.C7D12E10 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type cont...

Product bill-of-material structure
Does anyone know about some third-party SW, which extends the MS-CRM product model to include a bill-of-material structure? In our current CRM system we can associate accessories with various models - think about a car and various options you can buy with a specific car model. Does anyone know if this will be available in version 2.0? Regards, Per ...

office 2007 products configuring on open with windows 7
I have office 2007 home and student and outlook 2007 installed on new computer with windows 7 64 bit. Two problems are occuring. One is the windows installer attempting to reconfigure every time I open any of the office 2007 apps. If I open them with administrator it does not happen. The other is outlook 2007 turns off and on when it is opening. By that I mean the address bar turns on and off in constant 1-2 second intervals which interrupts any function that is occuring such as typing a message or downloading messages. Also if I have another office 2007 app open such as word ...

Inventory in GP 8.0 is neither service nor product
Let's say I'm an insurance agency and I have 500 different types of insurance that I sell. These policies are neither strictly a service nor a product but you could argue that they have characterstics of both. Is it possible to modify GP 8.0 to handle insurance policies? There is no UOM, no "min quantity," nothing like that, just a policy ID, description, characteristics of the policy (deductible, maximum, coverages), a premium, and a tax rate (function of which state you're in). What tools would we need to get this done? There are two ways to achieve this: a. use...

Re: using office mac on 2nd computer product codes
On 10/27/09 8:11 AM, in article 59b7f68b.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "bobgibson011@officeformac.com" <bobgibson011@officeformac.com> wrote: > How can i reload software and have it ask for different product code? See directions here: <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/version/license_version.html#reset> -- Diane ...

Office Products
Hi, I did a newsgroup list reset in Outlook Express on msnews.microsoft.com and lost the following groups: microsoft.public.excel microsoft.public.excel.newusers microsoft.public.powerpoint microsoft.public.word.newusers Are those no longer available? Were those replaced by another group name(s)? Thanks, Mark Microsoft is in the process of transitioning from newsgroups to moderated forums. Please visit: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/group/Office MarkC wrote: > Hi, > > I did a newsgroup list reset in Outlook Express on msne...

27 Ton Gas Log Splitter
Price:$1,399.99 Image: http://specialdealfinder.info/image.php?id=B0018YCGHM Best deal: http://specialdealfinder.info/index.php?id=B0018YCGHM MTD Gold, Gas Log Splitter, 190CC Briggs & Stratton 675 Series Engine, 6.75 FT-LBS Gross Torque Rating, 27 Ton Ram Force, 25" Log Capacity/Splitting Length, Two-Stage Pump, Standard Automatic Cylinder Return With 19 Second Cycle Time, Cast-Iron Splitting Wedge, 3 Gallon Hydraulic Oil Reservoir, Hydraulic Oil Included, Standard Log Cradle, 1-7/8" Locking Ball Hitch & Jack Stand, Heavy Duty Coil-Wrapped Hydraulic Pressure Hose, Tai...