Problems with reports

Hi,

we are having troubles with our MSCRM. We installed MSCRM
on a demo-pc within our dmz. Everything works fine as
long the user connects from the local company network.
But if the user connects from external everything works
except the reports.
Even the list of reports isn't displayed within MSCRM.
Has anyone a clue?

Thank you very much for your help
Chris
0
Chris
4/5/2004 10:49:07 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

are you using ssl on your external web as crystal will not work over ssl (so
i have been told)

"Chris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> we are having troubles with our MSCRM. We installed MSCRM
> on a demo-pc within our dmz. Everything works fine as
> long the user connects from the local company network.
> But if the user connects from external everything works
> except the reports.
> Even the list of reports isn't displayed within MSCRM.
> Has anyone a clue?
>
> Thank you very much for your help
> Chris

0
John
4/6/2004 1:17:11 AM
No, we are not using ssl on the demo-server.
Thx anyway, but still, we couldn't make the reports
working so far for viewing over the internet.
More ideas?
Thx
Chris

0
Chris
4/8/2004 9:03:30 AM
> No, we are not using ssl on the demo-server.
> Thx anyway, but still, we couldn't make the reports
> working so far for viewing over the internet.
> More ideas?
> Thx
> Chris

Without a detailled error message it is hard to assist. Have you checked,
whether the Crystal Servers are running and(!) enabled in Crystal
Configuration Manager?

--
Ich hoffe, das hilft / I hope, this helps.

Microsoft Business Solutions Support
Michael Schumacher (MS)

(Microsoft kann f�r die Richtigkeit und Vollst�ndigkeit der Inhalte in
dieser Newsgroup keine Haftung �bernehmen. / This posting is provided "AS
IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your
use. � 2003 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.)

0
Michael
4/8/2004 1:27:18 PM
Have you changed the port number to anything other than 80 on the crm
website?

"Chris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> we are having troubles with our MSCRM. We installed MSCRM
> on a demo-pc within our dmz. Everything works fine as
> long the user connects from the local company network.
> But if the user connects from external everything works
> except the reports.
> Even the list of reports isn't displayed within MSCRM.
> Has anyone a clue?
>
> Thank you very much for your help
> Chris

0
John

Problem linking the second subform to the first one
Hello, My main form’s recordsource contains work orders headers. The first subform (datasheet view) contains work order details (item records) and linked to the main form through the work order number field. I do not have problems adding/editing records in the first subform. The second subform (datasheet view) contains production records (quantity manufactured for each item in work order by date). So, the second subform linked to the first subform through the work order number and item code fields. I created the Child/Master field links on the second subform and run in On Current e...

wierd exchange problem
so all of the sudden i cant send or recieve email through my exchange server... Exchange 2003 with sp1 on a windows server 2003 sp1 box. all up to date. I changed the admin password and rebooted. Im not sure if it caused the problem but shortly afterwards i can not get any mail out or in. I can send mail and it gets into the queue but never leaves the queue and eventually sends a NDR. Incoming mail is seen waiting in the queue but never gets sent to the users mailbox. I have changed the admin pass back to what it was but to no avail. I have checked the IIS services, smtp service and all...

msnews problem?
I have a freind of mine that uses Outlook and is having a problem with sending mail. I told him to email me (via another client) his problem and I would find an Outlook news group on the msnews.microsoft.com server and post his question, however there seems to be a problem. When I first searched for a newsgoup, I got the error message that I could not connect. Then when I reset the list, I found a grand total of 5 groups using the filter outlook (including this group which I have been on for several years), and this one is the only one in English. Another group that I follow (e...

Label Wizard Problem
I am trying to print out bar code labels for hundreds of items at the same time. I enter them all into the label wizard and when I go to print them, it only prints out the bar code for the first item entered, but none of the others. However, if I ask it to print out price labels instead it will print them all out correctly. Any ideas??? I an using a Zebra LC 2824 label printer. Thanks for your help. Are you using the zpl programming language with a Generic/Text printer driver or the Zebra windows driver? What version of RMS are you on? Rob "Lance" wrote: > I am tryin...

EPAY Problem with Matching Transactions
I am using Money 2003 and am having a small problem. I used Wells Fargo as my bank for many years and everything worked great. I switched to Wachovia in July since there were no fees and they actually have branches near where I live. I quickly learned that Wachovia handles things a little different on the EPays. I used to be able to put in the date I wanted the payment to arrive at the payees and Wells Fargo would automatically back it up the required time (about 4 days). Wachovia doesn't do that. They actually process it on the day you put in. You have to schedule it far enough in...

Recovery storage group problem
Hi, After adding Recovery Storage Group, when I m trying add the "Database to recover", it is giving error i.e "Exchange extention enconter a problem and need to close, we are sorry for inconvenience" Please help me out. Thanks Mustafa On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 10:50:23 +0300, "Mohammed Mustafa" <mohammed.mustafa@kharafinational.com> wrote: >Hi, > > After adding Recovery Storage Group, when I m trying add the "Database to >recover", it is giving error i.e "Exchange extention enconter a problem and >need to close, we a...

FastStone Caputure 5.3 & Windows Live Mail Desktop problem
I use both the FastStone Capture 5.3 screen capture program and Windows Live Mail Desktop. When I take a screen shot to the clipboard and try to paste it to a new Windows Live Mail Desktop email, the pasted screen shot is empty. The boundaries of the captured image show on the email, but there is nothing inside the boundaries. If I paste the same captured image to a Word document, the full image displays. Does anybody know why this happens and whether or not there is a workaround to solve it? Many thanks. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart...

Creating a form to supply parameters to a report
I have created a report using a form to supply parameterers. I used the instruction provide in Access Help under Using parameters with queries and reports. When I open the report the form opens but none of the text boxes or command buttons are visible. When I open the form in design view it runs a debug and opens visual basics with this highlighted in yellow: AccessObject = CurrentProject.AllForms(strFormName) This is the code provided in the instuctions. Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks! What exactly are you trying to do? Are you trying to create a report that when you open it,...

Outlook formatting problem
suddenly reading my messages in outlook they do not appear anymore, changing the encoding format I can see again some of them, not all. Somebody can help me in understanding why and what should I do to reset the situation as it was a day before when all the inbox messages were ok ? On the contrary attachement are ok. -- paolo ...

Exiting Form Problem
Hi I have a form with required fileds which works great unleess someone want to force close the form. THis is part of the code which I am using ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) If IsNull([CL_KEY]) Then Beep MsgBox "The Client Key Is A Required Field - Please Enter The Correct Client Key" Cancel = True DoCmd.GoToControl "CL_KEY" Else If IsNull([CL_FORMAL_NAME]) Then Beep response = MsgBox("The Formal Name Is A Required Field ...

Filter report records from form
Hi, I have a form which also has a report with the same recordsource. I did it this way, so when the 'View Report' button on the form is pressed, if any form filters are in place the user is asked if the same filters are required on the report. If so, the report filters are set to the form filter, and everything works fine. However, what I have noticed if I use the "Advanced Filter / Sort" button for more complex form filters (Even simple ones...), when these are applied the form filter uses the full form name instead of just the field name. Examples: Select a fiel...

Microsoft CRM Platform Error Report:
In CRM 1.2 When trying to create a custom view for Accounts, I get a dialog that pops up saying: Microsoft CRM Platform Error Report: Error Description: The statement has been terminated. Error Details: Detail on this error have not been proivded by the platform. Error Number: 0x80040E2F Source File: Not available Line Number: Not available Query String: /tools/vieweditor/viewManager.aspxobjectTypeCode=1&mode=new I've never had this problem before. I've added plenty of custom views. It happens on the Web Client, on both client and CRM server machines. I tried looking up...

problems installing outlook client: The Microsoft CRM Data File, M
Problem trying to install Microsoft CRM 3 Outlook desktop client on a PC running windows XP service Pack 2 and Outlook 2003 service Pack 2 connected to exchange. Originally downloaded ISO installation file from Microsoft downloads, and burnt CD. Installation failed, it seems the installation CD was corrupt. We then found our original installation CD, which when we installed it, it came up with two messages: - Microsoft Outlook was not initialized. Please run Outlook and configure your mail account. ---- Outlook is installed and running, there's no problem with this so I do not unde...

Formatting problem...
Hi, I need to create a macro which will format F16-F500 as red text on al selected sheets. Thanks in advance. Regards, Mjac -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Mjack try '----- Public Sub format_cells() Dim wkSht As Worksheet For Each wkSht In ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets wkSht.Range("F16:F500").Font.ColorIndex = 3 Next wkSht End Sub '----- Frank > Hi, > > I need to create a macro which will format F16-F500 as red text on all > selected sheets. Thanks in advance. > > Regards, > Mjack For Each sh In ActiveWorkb...

problem reading value from another Form
In frmMain I added a public property which returns a label contained in frmMain: public Label LblCD { get { return lblCurDir; } } I open the 2nd form, frm2, by clicking on a button on frmMain, and in frm2 I have this code: frmMain fMain; private string GetLblText() { return fMain.LblCD.Text; } the error I get when I try to invoke this proc on frm2 is: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." I was thinking of trying frmMain fMain = new frmMain(); but I then I would not be able to read the current text contained in...

Add Trans fields to A/R Detail Report
I'd like to add ReferenceNumber and Comment fields from Transaction to the Accounts Receivable Detail Report. but I don't know how to do the joins to do it. I've tried joining the transaction table but it errors out. Maybe because there's a procedure call as a table in there? Have any of you added Trans fields to the A/R Aging rpts? Thanks, Rick Brown DataBasics Never mind - there's one in the reports library. "Rick Brown" <rb@rochester.rr.com> wrote in message news:upHURK0dJHA.4124@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > I'd like to add ReferenceNumbe...

Problems when reprinting receipts
The Problem is when you use the reprint option you get a small receipt with all the text offset. Printing sales reciepts and/or journal are ok. The database has been tried on two machines the problem still occurs on both. The database has an OPOS printer and a windows printer for A4, even with this taken out it still occurs. Any Ideas? Try setting the receipt printer as the Windows default printer. RMS seems to use the default printer for reprints. It solved it for us, but we use Windows drivers for our receipt printers, so I'm not sure what effect that will have if you are using a...

How to use a single table database hierarchy with Report Builder?
I have a table called “Units” that contains a single-table hierarchy; each unit has a parent unit except the topmost unit. This is represented in the table using the standard adjacency model: UnitID [Primary Key] UnitDescription …other fields… ParentUnitID [‘Points to’ UnitID in this table via a relationship] For example, here are some rows in the table: UnitID UnitDescription ParentUnitID 7 Total College NULL 5 Non-Academic Depts 7 12 Academic Depts 7 3 Math Dept 12 14 English Dept 12 65 Chemistry Dept 12 Now, what I want...

envelope printing problem
My number 10 envelope templates created in Publisher 200 won't print correctly in Publisher 2003 -- it prints portrait instead of landscape no matter ewhat the selected print setting says for my Xerox Phaser 850DP printer. I don't have problems with letter files oand othe documents. Pete wrote: > My number 10 envelope templates created in Publisher 200 > won't print correctly in Publisher 2003 -- it prints > portrait instead of landscape no matter ewhat the selected > print setting says for my Xerox Phaser 850DP printer. I > don't have problems with le...

Problems following hang Seng Index
Since a lot of time I've been following the Hang Seng Index in Money, using $US:HSIX as symbol, but last August something happened, and the last value for the symbol was in 2009/08/20. I tried to find out what happened, but I couldn't to find out more than the symbol in Money doesn't work. Is there any possibility to follow the hang Seng index in Money? Which is the symbol now? Thanks a lot ...

Where is the Reporting Services Web Service API???
When creating reports for CRM 1.2 it was my undestanding that we should use their web service interface and not query the database directly. The good thing was that the web service would do the table linking for you and you didnt have to care what tables the fields in your report came from (trying to figure out the CRM database schema is not only complicated but also was discouraged by Microsoft). Now I am trying to develop reports for CRM 3 and I see no web service API equivalent. Has it been discountinued? Also I noticed that some tables that were being used before no longer exist...

dns and ip problems
I changed my ip adress on my comp, which is on a domain. But when i try to ping or get to my comp by domain name i get the old ip adress(the old ip adress is given to another comp)?!!?? I tried to get my self off the domain then change the ip and then join again but still the same problem. Cant find anywhere on my exchange where to change the ip adress or where it is linked to my domain name. When i do nslookup for my domain name allso gives me the old ip adress. pls help thx its a win2000 server "POLILOP" <fmatosic@@inet.hr> wrote in message news:udUuq7Z1FHA.460@...

Multiple Reports dictionary
Hello, Is there a method by which we can access two distinct Reports dictionaries using multiple shortcuts? If so, how can we achieve this? Thank you so much The only way I was able to accomplish this by using Citrix client pointing to two different application servers. "VP" wrote: > Hello, > Is there a method by which we can access two distinct Reports dictionaries > using multiple shortcuts? > If so, how can we achieve this? > Thank you so much 1. Create two versions of dynamics.set, one to point ot the first reports.dic and another to point to the second rep...

Show summary task headings on reports
for each group of tasks I need to display summary task headings on my do to list otherwise the tasks are meaningless but the option is greyed out when I edit the report. I understand why this is (because there is no assignment to summary tasks) but I need a way around this - any help gratefully received. (using v 2007) - I have to print to do lists for a number of people so want it to be as automated as poss.... Thanks Anita A best practice is to include sufficient information in the task field to allow just this--they need to stand-alone without the associated summary f...

replication performance problems
after changing the home server from srv1 to srv2 (both exchange 2000 and low priority for replication messages) for multiple public folders (~2000 folder / 4GB) srv1 immediately starts sending replication messages to srv2 after propagating this settings even if the public folder replication is set to never. this causes heavy performance problems on both servers. mail will not delivered to/from our smtp mail relays and user performance is also unacceptable. any ideas how to stop sending this messages in such a resource intense manner? thanks for your help Jan ok, we stopped sending th...