Problems with Lead/Contact sharing?

Has anyone else had problems with Leads/Contact sharing
themselves between users for no reason?

We're having some issues where our leads/contacts are
randomly being shared between SCs and TSCs.  Doesn't make
any sense at all...

0
David
7/30/2004 4:29:02 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

We had the same problem with Opportunities being shared without anyone
actually sharing them. We poked around at it a bit and discovered that when
a record is Assigned to another sales person, the person doing the assigning
is automatically setup with sharing on that record.

Our problem is that we can't seem to figure out how to get rid of the
sharing after it's setup. Any ideas on this would be appreciated.

"David" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone else had problems with Leads/Contact sharing
> themselves between users for no reason?
>
> We're having some issues where our leads/contacts are
> randomly being shared between SCs and TSCs.  Doesn't make
> any sense at all...

0
Tim
8/3/2004 6:37:04 PM
The reason behind sharing a record with the initial owner in the same step
as it is being assigned is to preserve access rights of the initial owner to
the record. This happens regardless of who (with sufficient privileges)
performs the assigning action.

The record will be shared with the initial record owner on assign operation
for all record types.

User with sufficient privileges can unshare the record after it has been
assigned if desired.

---

"Tim" <tim_hegwood@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> We had the same problem with Opportunities being shared without anyone
> actually sharing them. We poked around at it a bit and discovered that
when
> a record is Assigned to another sales person, the person doing the
assigning
> is automatically setup with sharing on that record.
>
> Our problem is that we can't seem to figure out how to get rid of the
> sharing after it's setup. Any ideas on this would be appreciated.
>
> "David" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Has anyone else had problems with Leads/Contact sharing
> > themselves between users for no reason?
> >
> > We're having some issues where our leads/contacts are
> > randomly being shared between SCs and TSCs.  Doesn't make
> > any sense at all...

0
Jan

How to remove Business Contact Manager
MS Office 2003 came with my laptop. But since I use it at office I wa required to install the corporate version of Office which is Offic 2000. When prompted for Business Contact Manager I said yes and afte installing I realized BCM was included in the new Office 2003 and i does not integrate with Office 2000. Now every time I open outlook th following error is displayed. "Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040200" I do not want BCM. SOme one please tell me how to remove BCM or avoi this error. Please help ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www....

Same problem here with Ports not listening from RPCDump ....
I have the same problem David has. Single server setup, https return 402.3 read access denied, RPCDump returns No for IsListening on por 6001, 6002, and 6004. Just wondering if anyone has a solution for th problem. I went through the single server setup article troubleshooting article as well as the deployment guide. But n luck.. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;833401# http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;82733 If anyone could help, i would greatly appreciate any help ...

how can I show leading zeros in excel
I am trying to input some numeric data into a spreadsheet, some of the entries have leading zeros, every time I move to the next cell, Excel changes the data by removing the leading zeros. I have tried reformating the cells in question in Number & General, both give me the same problem. Can somebody please help. Using Excel 2002. Thanks. You could either format the cell as Text (then type your data) or you can start with an apostrophe '000123 or you can use a custom format: Format|cells|number tab custom in the type box, put as many 0's as you want 000000 The first two op...

Outlook delegate-mailbox deletion problem
This sounds like an easy one however, haven't found resolution yet. Here's scenario... User B reported to User A and added A to his delegation for being copied on all meeting request replies (done from Outlook 2000). All was well until User A left the company and mailbox was subsequently archived and deleted. Ever since the mailbox deletion, all attendees accepting a meeting request from User B receive an NDR referencing inability to deliver reply to User A's mailbox. The typical answer would be to open User B's Outlook app, goto delegates and remove User A.. The problem is...

A Real Sticky Problem
I created a query that joins two tables into one form. One table is the active one and the other is archived information. So, for instance a clients most recent data for 2007 is in table one, but the older data is stored in table two. The problem is that the form is not displaying the newest clients entered into table one. It is 8 off. Is this because there is no similar entry in table two? Can this be resolved by assigning a primary key to table one? If you're just doing a simple join (an Inner Join), you'll only get details for those clients that exist in both tables. You...

Problems with re-setting the last active cell in an Excel workshee
I am trying to re-set the last active cell on an Excel 2002 worksheet (in this particular sheet it should be cell DA197). I have used both the methods described in the Knowledge Base article (deleting rows and columns and re-saving; and the Excess Format Cleaner add-in). Deleting the rows and columns does not work; using the Excess Format Cleaner does not work either and it then also hides the rows from 198 to 65536 - but does not do the same for the columns. I have checked that there is no protection on the worksheet. Has anyone else come across this problem and if so can you please ...

Install of SP3 problems
Have a Sony VIAO desktop with Windows XP Home SP1 loaded. Intel CPU and 512mb RAM. I tried loading SP3 from the exe file that I downloaded from the Microsoft web site. It complained that it couldn't backup a msscp.dll file from \Windows\system32 folder, but it let me ignor/skip it and go ahead with the install anyway. After the first boot the system hung on the black screen with the cursor for a long time (4 min). This was a fresh instal. When it finished booting (finally!) it was slower than snot. And most of the text in program windows and control panel was missing?? Even the t...

How to update contacts in WLM via csv file?
I have nearly 2,000 email addresses in my contacts list. I managed to get WLM to list them, although I do notice some are missing. Now, I want to update them with new/revised contacts through a new cvs file, which I exported from OE. However, the contacts import program just hangs and doesn't take. Do I need to delete the existing list first? If so, how do I do that? I am using WLM v.2009 Build 14.0.8 on Windows 7 Are you logging in to Live services? It will say your profile name under the close X. -- Ron Sommer "Bumper21248" wrote in message news...

Problems launching process
In the following code I am attempting to launch Internet Explorer and display an html document in the browser. Internet Explorer runs fine but the html document cannot be displayed. No matter if I pass the full path or just the filename to the function the document cannot be displayed. // Begin code --------------- // Html file is viewed by launching Internet Explorer via RunBrowser() // CString sHtmlFile = _T("test.html"); RunBrowser("C:\\Program Files\\Internet Explorer\\Iexplore.exe", "test.html"); // Function that launches process void CMyView::RunBrowser...

DTD Entity replacement problems
Hi, I'm trying to use a Entity replacement with a DTD file, and I'm getting this error while processing with the "XmlValidatingReader" component: "The parameter entity replacement text must nest properly within markup declarations. An error occurred at http://localhost/test/dtds/test.dtd, (3, 24)." I've revised the DTD and I think its correct. This is a little example that repro the bug: <!ENTITY % par1 ",test2"> <!ELEMENT test (test1 %par1;)> <!ELEMENT test1 (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT test2 (#PCDATA)> And the XML ...

problems downloading UpdateOutlook2003EmailFilter(KB914454)
Wanna share a little more detail? Any particular error? Nikki "Ian" <Ian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5CE49572-FB48-4FCE-8A2F-37A8DABB47E9@microsoft.com... > I couldn't get the update to install on any of my computers. I uninstalled Office, reinstalled it, updated it; no problem. Ended up doing that on all 3 machines. Seems like an MS update problem. While I am on the subject. This last 6 updates that came through last week would not download automatically. I had to get them via microsoft update. Maybe I didn't give them enough...

Display names in Contacts
When I create a new contact and after that I type the email address, then Display name is written like this : LastName FirstName(email). Is there a setting that I can change to eliminate the email address in the display name ? I would like to have the display name showing like this : LastName FirstName . Antoine Veilleux Change the 'Display as' setting when creating new contacts. "Shidewa" wrote: > When I create a new contact and after that I type the email address, > then Display name is written like this : LastName FirstName(email). Is > there a settin...

Problem With Opening Attachments
For some reason, when I click on any attachment in received e-mails Microsoft Publisher opens and the attachments cannot be viewed. Does anybody know how to prevent this? It started just a couple of days ago and I haven't been able to find a solution anywhere. Thanks in advance. ...

address being appended to contact's name
If this is not the proper newsgroup for windows mail, please direct me to it. When I create or forward email, the email address is appended to the name of the contacts in the "To:" line. How can I stop this from happening? Thanks, Jim B. Vista's Windows Mail? microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail "Jim Birke@yahoo.com>" <jimbir<nottthis> wrote in message news:#RKwAWMuKHA.4796@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > If this is not the proper newsgroup for windows mail, please direct me to > it. > > When I create or forward email, the email...

XL2007
I have a spreadsheet that uses the following sequence to scale the y axis of an X-Y scatter graph with lines drawn between points from VBA and it works perfectly in all previous versions of Excel. It fails with XL2007 rather catastrophically. The main spreadsheet was imported from XL2003. I have looked in the KB and archives here and not found any other reports of this problem so I don't know if it is something peculiar about this particular installation or what. It is reproducible in a toy chart in pure XL2007. The failing lines are; ActiveChart.Axes(xlSecondary).Select ok = Applicati...

Default Value problem 02-22-08
Feel a bit silly. I want to insert a =Now() Date field on every new record created via a certain form. I don't want people seeing this info. So, I added AphaDate Date field to the table the query for this form is based on. I insert the field on the form and mark it hidden. In the properties for this field on the form, I say the default value =Now() I assume then that any new record created will "stamp" with this date. But it doesn't work When I create the table, add the field to the query and try to set this up, the field shows up as blank no matter what I do. Wha...

Problem with Text box and Background
I am using the background as a temple for a form I add test boxes where I want to have text typed in The problem is when I print the page the text I have typed in isn't where it is supposed to be It is below the line of the background form How do I solve this problem? Web page? Best asked in the publisher.webdesign group -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "News" <gmhull@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:pOKFf.27487$F_3.19174@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net... >I am using the background as a t...

SHARING WORKBOOKS #2
I HAVE AN EXCEL SPREADSHEET THAT NEEDS TO BE AVAILABLE ON TWO COMPUTERS AND SHOW THE SAME INFORMATION INCLUDING CHANGES. HOW DO I DO THIS? Hi check out 'Tools - Share workbooks' Note: shared workbooks have many restrictions (several functions are not available for them). IMHO Excel is not well suited for beeing shared. You may condiser using a different type of application for this (e.g. a database) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "ALSHORTMAN" <ALSHORTMAN@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:C0807914-A81F-4719-A37C-3F22160C2EB3@microsoft...

Problem when adding an appointment in CRM from the SFO ver. 1.2
When the users make an appointment in the SFO, its fails. The SFO makes the activity on the contact, but the Outlook synchronisation fails. The appointment does not appear in the Outlook calendar. Then we reinstall the appointment form in Outlook, clear the forms cache, and the problem is resolved. Then after some time (weeks) the problem comes back. Any ideas? Best regards Jacob Mondrup IT Manager, Cultivator Denmark. have you loaded the latest rollup patch for the outlook client? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=127a274d-bc20-4e2f-be0d-1247455748...

shared calander and address book ?
Is it possible to do a shared calander and address book with outlook 2003 If using Exchange, easily. If not, then try this page: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, john asked: | Is it possible to do a shared calander and address book with outlook | 2003 Not natively, but see if anything here looks promi...

Access2000 automation problem
Hi I have a VBA script, which worked finely for about half a year. The script opens an excel workbook on server share on every night, refreshes some ODBC queries (from Visual FoxPro tables, one query on every sheet, no formulas in adjacent cells, all query properties are same), waits a little, and then closes the file. The script is here: Option Explicit Dim objXLApp, objXLBook, strPath, strBook strPath = "O:\Common\PerData\" strBook = "Personal.xls" Set objXLBook=GetObject(strPath & strBook) Set objXLApp = objXLBook.Parent objXLApp.Visible = True objXL...

Re:Re: Excel Problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0083_01C5D615.37853060 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have some sheets 1;2;3;4; ETC................. I would like the new page list release with one botton: A1-Nome de sheet(1;2;3;4; ETC) A2-Date(C50:C80) A3-Import (D50:D90) Best regards Marcello "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretiscali.co.uk> ha scritto nel = messaggio=20 news:uk86X7v0FHA.3188@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Marcello, > > I am not absolutely clear as to what you...

problem sending emails 04-25-10
i looked up the POP3 and SMTP server information but when i try to send emails it gives me this error. The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'smtp.live.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server R...

duplicated items in calender and contact folder due to palm synch
To all, all the contacts and calendar events in one of our user's Outlook got triple or more duplicated copies after he synchronized with his palm yesterday, and duplicates happened to his palm as well. to manually delete those over thousand of duplicates from Outlook will take lots of times. is there anyway we can fix that instead of restore them from backup. thanks calvin ...

problem with macro
i have a worksheet that shows worktimes for employees, the cells ar grey, when you enter the employees time or "shift" and press a butto that executes my macro, it changes the colour of the "shift" to whit to show the time scale that the employee is working. the macro run fine, the problem is that to run the macro i have to click a button. i there a way of running the macro, or executing the code when i ente the employees "shift" of time. or is this not possible? this is the code i am using at the minute for it to run when i click o a button: Private Function Sh...