Problems with generating reports

I have just installed Microsoft CRM 1.2 on a machine with SQL Server 2000, AD, and SharePointPortal Server on. When I try to generate any standard reports I get a message like this

File frs://Input/a_167/000/000/167/9703667209b4cf4.rpt not found on File Repository serve

I have checked in CCM and all the services seems to be running just fine

Can I have missed something during the installation of CRM 1.2? All I have done except the default is changing the port to 82 instead of the default port 80

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this problem

Regard
L.H

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

have you tried changing back to port 80 and see if it clears it up?

-Gary

"L.H." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have just installed Microsoft CRM 1.2 on a machine with SQL Server 2000,
AD, and SharePointPortal Server on. When I try to generate any standard
reports I get a message like this:

> File frs://Input/a_167/000/000/167/9703667209b4cf4.rpt not found on File
Repository server

> I have checked in CCM and all the services seems to be running just fine.
>
> Can I have missed something during the installation of CRM 1.2? All I have
done except the default is changing the port to 82 instead of the default
port 80.

> Does anyone have an idea how to solve this problem?
>
> Regards
> L.H.

0
Gary
6/2/2004 4:18:49 PM
Yes I have tried that, but I still get the same failure message.

Regards,
L.H.
When I checked the version in CCM, the version says 9.0.2.199 could that be the problem? CRM requires 9.2.2. as I understand, but shouldn't the correct version be the one included with CRM 1.2?

Regards
L.H

Excuse me for askibng dumb questions, but all I ask anyway

Do you have to get a license for crystal to get the report functionality to work? Can't I just install the CRM from the cd and run it with the report functionality working? It's a bit unclear to me about this. Maybe it woulod have been clearer if I had an installation guide, but I didn't get any with the cd I was supplied with from my superiors in IT department.

Regards
L.H.
No you don't need a separate license to run the reports.  It will install a
properly licensed run-time engine for the CRM reports.

There is an implementation guide (IG.pdf) on the documentation CD.

Matt Parks

On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 05:16:06 -0700, "L.H." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

Excuse me for askibng dumb questions, but all I ask anyway.

Do you have to get a license for crystal to get the report functionality to
work? Can't I just install the CRM from the cd and run it with the report
functionality working? It's a bit unclear to me about this. Maybe it woulod have
been clearer if I had an installation guide, but I didn't get any with the cd I
was supplied with from my superiors in IT department.

Regards,
L.H.

0
Matt
6/4/2004 2:44:11 PM
When you install CRM it gives you a 50 user license for crystal reporting as
well. Normally this would mean 50 people could run reports at the same time
but crystal does it differently. A license for crystal is only used for just
the time a user runs a report. As soon as the report is finished the license
is released. In this scenario you would have to have 50 people running
reports at exactly the same time to use all the licenses.

Also note that for CRM 1.0 Microsoft said that if needed you could get a 100
user crystal license. I do not know if this is still the case with crm 1.2

> Excuse me for askibng dumb questions, but all I ask anyway.
>
> Do you have to get a license for crystal to get the report functionality
to work? Can't I just install the CRM from the cd and run it with the report
functionality working? It's a bit unclear to me about this. Maybe it woulod
have been clearer if I had an installation guide, but I didn't get any with
the cd I was supplied with from my superiors in IT department.

> Regards,
> L.H.

0
John
6/4/2004 7:45:13 PM
Thanks Matt and John,

Then I can rule out this as the source of the problem. 50 licenses are enough for me. But I still can't get the reports working.

Regards
L.H.

it look slike you have a corrupt crystal repository. you may have to rebuild
you crystal datastore or republish your reports

> Thanks Matt and John,
>
> Then I can rule out this as the source of the problem. 50 licenses are
enough for me. But I still can't get the reports working.

> Regards
> L.H.

0
John
6/8/2004 4:02:30 AM
OK, thanks John. I'll contact Microsoft to get hold of the republish tool

Regards
L.H

PA Problem
I am using PA extensively to record nearly verything that goes through our 'P & L'. I have it set up so that each cost category within PA will actually post to its 'mirror' in the GL. e.g. Project 'FINANCE_06' category '6000' (salaries) will post in the GL to account code 6000-0-01 (being salaries, finance). There are reasons I have set it up this way, too numerous to go into here. My question is....if I record an invoice through PA, into payables etc. How do a reverse all or part of this invoice if I choice to? We have an invoice from a vendor ...

Problems with opening a few attachments
Hi Everyone I have had a few users experiencing problems with opening attachments in Outlook. When they try and do so, it comes up with a "Can't Open" error message. It is only occurring on a few attachments. I have checked the event log and there doesn't appear to be any issues on the Exchange server (2003). I have checked the hard disks on the server and there a re no issues with them. It is a single server Exchange 2003 environment. I am just wondering what the next course of action to take is. If you could get back to me on this as soon as possible it would be gr...

Problems Printing a Linked Word document
I am having trouble printing a word document that has linked excel tables in it. When I print the document, some of the linked excel tables get skewed and distorted. However, they look normal on screen. What causes this? How can I fix it? -- jc ...

Problem opening Excel 2003 in a Small Business edition
When i open excel ,it appears a window "installing:function of Excel" Its seems like installing a new function of Excel , it last a few seconds and then we can work wiht it. How can i eliminate this Hi, You could try looking into your tools>Add-ins to determine what function packs are being loaded when you start Excel. If this is poiting to an add-in on a network drive, it could be what is causing the delay. You can try this by unchecking each option in turn and closing and re-opening Excel. Hope this helps Sunil Jayakumar ""installing:function of Excel"...

Export Report To Excel
XP, Office 2007 I have a report that when run basically tells us the part number, how many are in stock, and how many we need to make to complete a particular order. There are several order dates to each part, so the rows repeat themselves for each of the order dates. There are total fields on the report that show how many parts need to be made if the customer orders more than what is on hand; all the calculations are done in the report itself. I was able to use a macro to filter everythihg down to show for each part number the first due date for parts that need to be manufactured an...

Report from Access 2003 to 2007 problem

How to create a report based on multiple queries
Hi all, I am trying to create a report based on 30 queries . These 30 queries are based on one table. When I use the Report wizard and select more than one query I get the message " You have chosen fields from record source which the wizard can't connect. You may have chosen fields from a table and from a query based on that table. If so try choosing fields from only tha table or only the query". I do not know what to do.? Any guidance will help thanks, Dave On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 08:21:02 -0700, davidstevans@gmail.com wrote: >Hi all, > >I am trying to create a rep...

Problem restoring backup file from money 98 to money 04
Just upgraded to a new computer with Money 2004 --- Have transferred my money back-up file to the new computer --- Everytime I try to open using Money 2004 it begins the process of converting the file and then times out (stops responding) Any ideas??? Extremely frustrating as I don't want to lose 6 years of financial data ---- Thanks How long have you waited? It could take a long time--like tens of minutes. While it is in this state, it will be "not responding." This doesn't mean it's dead, just hat it's busy. "jh227" <anonymous@discussions.micr...

Problems with licensing
Hello, i have got a problem with how to tell exchange how many CALs exists. In the normal way I put it under Verwaltung/Lizensierung - there appears under products the Exchange Server 2003. But in this case there is no record with Exchange Server 2003. I can't find any licensing information for the Exchange Server. I think something got wrong during installation. Background: 1 x Domaincontroller width Server 2003 Standard 1 x old Mailserver with Server 2000 and Exchange 5.5 as member of domain. 1 x 2003 Server R2 as Member of Domain with Exchange 2003 (newly installed - will repla...

Exchange 2000/2003 Public Folder item Permissions Problem
Hi all, I've been having an issue with Public Folder permissions for some time now. The folder contains contacts for all company employees (most of which aren't on the company network), and is maintained by HR. Brief history is: Had Exchange 2000 on Win Server 2000, and a previous administrator modified public folder permissions on the M drive in explorer (a no-no). This resulted in the ESM "Invalid window handle" error. Managed fix these by following KB 270905 (permissions nuke), and deleting and re-creating the public folder. The latter was a problem, as most users were ...

Budget account problems with transfers
Transfers out of budget accounts are distorting my budget reports, yet I can't add the relevant accounts (e.g account created for a loan to my business) to the list of budget accounts. Using Money 2005 UK. Thanks for help! ...

Calculation Problem 01-19-10
All though the formula is correct ( a simple math addition between 2 cells) ..There are a few of these cells in my 2003 XL Spread Sheet that consistently makes a 1 cent error in the addition - that is, it's adds the cell less 1 cent (formatted in currency) How do I fix this? Thanks http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/pennyoff.html -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "djm123" <djm123@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6411803B-537F-43A2-921F-049D576FD19F@microsoft.com... > All though the formula is correct ( a simple math...

data entry problem
I am trying to make a detailed sheet of some inventory data whic changes each month. The first sheet just has general data, but ther are more columns on the second sheet with varying expanded details Column A - product number Column B - color Column C - available Column D - Misc notes (may or may not be filled in) [SHEET 1] Month 1 A B C D 2310 blue yes 2348 red M/R must sell soon 2362 blue no (some text data in-between) 2405 red M/R need to be redone 2450 grn yes sell cheap 2477 wh yes Month 2 (new ones may be added, and sold item t...

MBNA, Yodlle, Money 2006 problem
Over10 days ago I had an account transferred to MBNA Credit Card. (I already have 2 other accounts with them.) Since that time I've been trying to setup my accounts at MBNA in Money 2006. No luck. Each time I try and do it, I receive either the error message "Account setup is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." or "Microsoft Money could not set up your account because of technial problems at your bank or brokerage..." Last Monday I called Microsoft about this since the problem had been ongoing for several days. They verified the problem and said th...

Impacts to Move to Timesheet Reporting
Team members have been reporting work effort on project tasks only through the My Tasks page in EPMS 2007 for about 1-1/2 years. Leadership has asked that I evaluate impacts to moving to the Timesheet function so we can also track Administrative Time. I need direction where to start my research. Articles I could read? Share your experience? Many thanks in advance. -- Carla Evans Presbyterian Health Plan Carla -- You can certain get some "bang for your buck" by using the My Timesheet feature in Project Server 2007. For example, one great benefit is the Plan ...

Date problem #6
I have a column containing 4/21/2004 10/7/2003 5/5/2004 Which I need to convert to UK dates. because of the variables(4/, 10/) I am unable to use mid etc in seperate columns. also =TEXT(f2,"DD/MM/YY")fails to work. Hi are these values 'real' date values. If yes a simple format should do -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Gerry" <Gerry.Briant@goodrich.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:9a4601c486b0$01ac1f40$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have a column containing > 4/21/2004 > 10/7/2003 > 5/5/2004 > Which I need to convert to UK dates. > bec...

Solver problem #3
I have a complex equation that is equal to zero with just one unknown that I have entered as "x". I need to know how to use solver to solve for the unknown variable. How do I do this? It seems like it should be simple, but I'm not sure how to enter the unknown into the equation. I keep getting the error, "Invalid target cell." Which makes me think that I should enter the unknown into a different cell, or something else. Please help!!! Assume some value for this x, and then enter this cell as 'by changing cell'. Your equation cell should be the target cell....

Mapi email problem (and Apology)
===================== First off my apology for multiposting. I posted to the wrong group by accident. This post was meant for this group and not the enterprise group I had posted to by accident. ========================================= I have automated VB6 application that sends email to to clients when prompted by a user. The app uses MAPI client (using the default mail client information to send the mail). After sending mail the email and attachments gets added to SENT Folder of the mail client. This app has worked well and still does for users using Outlook express. Howev...

Pictures in Report
I inserted a banner on top of my report which displays well on the first page but for some reason it shrinks to the left hand corner of the following pages. How do i get the banner picture to maintain it size so each page displays it like the first? "acss" <joekru98@hotmail.com> escreveu na mensagem news:E971FDC6-F2DC-4A4D-87BB-A69AC60A6728@microsoft.com... >I inserted a banner on top of my report which displays well on the first >page > but for some reason it shrinks to the left hand corner of the following > pages. How do i get the banner picture to maintai...

oe6 Problem
Am unable to open websites when they show up in Outlook Express 6. Anyone know why? When I click on an URL all I get is a BONG. Am running WinXP Home Edition w/SP3. "bandi" <mnkwms@charter.net> wrote in message news:Oh30Tg5%23KHA.3880@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Am unable to open websites when they show up in Outlook Express 6. > Anyone know why? When I click on an URL all I get is a BONG. Am > running WinXP Home Edition w/SP3. Outlook Express General newsgroup: In your newsreader: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outlookexpr...

Format Problem #2
Hi how can i save an excel file to text file with out chainging the format. ie Excel file: adf 12 a 1 when i change this to text file the alighment changes like adf 12 a 1 so how can i solve this problem. i tryied many wayes and nothing work out properly. so if someone know this , plzz do help me. manikandan Try saving it as a "Formatted Text (Space delimited) (*.prn)" file. You may have to widen columns to make it look right. (And I like to change the font to Courier New--a nice non-proportional font. Then I can see how it'll line up.) manikandan wrote: > >...

Debt reduction problem
When I work out a plan for debt reduction, it keeps adding $350 to the first month of the plan. So for example if I want to pay $263 per month it comes up with $613. On my old Money 2003 I had worked out a plan paying $350 per month, but I deleted the account so I don't understand why it seems to have that number locked in. Any thoughts? First, reset the DRP--Tools, Settings, Planner Options (or Tools, Options, Planner in 2004 and prior), and click Reset Plan. Then add the account back into the DRP. Since your DRP will begin 11/1, if you have any payments due prior to that date,...

Lookup problem #3
I have an excel file with Overall Hotel bookings in it on the firs worksheet. Here the rows are in order of arrival date and have the agency name reference number, hotel name, group name, number of PAX amongst othe things. I want to also have a sheet for each hotel, by looking up the hotel' name in the first sheet and copying the information across. I have tried with vlookup, but all I get is a repeated list of on booking per hotel instead of all the different bookings. Can anyone help ? Thanks in advanc -- jamesjoh --------------------------------------------------------------------...

Best practice analyzer PAE problem with windows 2003 sp1
I have a windows 2003 sp1 Enterprise server with exchange 2003 sp1 that i ran the BPA against that made me aware that I am running PAE even with the /NOPAE boot.ini switch. I noticed that /noexecute=optout was in the boot.ini and that enables PAE. What is the best practice? Jesse http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/ddtools/hh/ddtools/BootIni_aff45176-bd02-43cf-9895-c212fa392de2.xml.asp?frame=true "Jesse" <jesse@creditacceptance.com> wrote: >I have a windows 2003 sp1 Enterprise server with exchange 2003 sp1 that >i ran the BPA against that...

copying numbers generated by formulas
Hello. I have a column that generated some numbers using formulas. Now that I have the numbers, I want to copy and paste the numbers elsewhere without copying and pasting the formulas. How do I do this? Thank you! Look at the Paste Option tag to the right of the cell you pasted into, click the down arrow, and select values or use paste special and select values. Ron "Rush" <Rush@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E1CC68E8-5E1A-4BCF-82E3-AFD27E7474C9@microsoft.com... > Hello. I have a column that generated some numbers using formulas. Now > that...