Problems with CRM 3.0 Reports

Hi,

I am having problems opening reports from the web client direct from the CRM
server. When i ckick reports either in My Workplace the following message
occurs:

Reports.config has invalid schema, and could not be loaded.

Any ideas what might be the problem?

Note: I have not implemented Microsoft CRM myself, but one of our partners,
so I know little about the install process.

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi,

If you are running sqlserver 2005, the following could help:
- log on to your server
- start - all programs - microsoft sql server 2005 - configuration tools -
reporting services configuration
- connect to your sqlserver
- you should see a whole bunch of Green check marks.

Look if you can fix it from here.

On the newsgroup I found the following post from Michael Langdon:

"Check to make sure that the Application Pool running the Reporting Services
Virtual Directories is different to that the MSCRM Website is running within.

SRS 2005 runs as ASP.Net 2.0 and MSCRM 3.0 runs as ASP.Net 1.1.  Therefore
they can not share the same application pool"

Merijn van Mourik
http://crmerijn.blogspot.com

"hadnan" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am having problems opening reports from the web client direct from the CRM
> server. When i ckick reports either in My Workplace the following message
> occurs:
>
> Reports.config has invalid schema, and could not be loaded.
>
> Any ideas what might be the problem?
>
> Note: I have not implemented Microsoft CRM myself, but one of our partners,
> so I know little about the install process.

Thank you for your help! This solved our problem!

Hadnan

"Merijn van Mourik" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If you are running sqlserver 2005, the following could help:
> - log on to your server
> - start - all programs - microsoft sql server 2005 - configuration tools -
> reporting services configuration
> - connect to your sqlserver
> - you should see a whole bunch of Green check marks.
>
> Look if you can fix it from here.
>
> On the newsgroup I found the following post from Michael Langdon:
>
> "Check to make sure that the Application Pool running the Reporting Services
> Virtual Directories is different to that the MSCRM Website is running within.
>
> SRS 2005 runs as ASP.Net 2.0 and MSCRM 3.0 runs as ASP.Net 1.1.  Therefore
> they can not share the same application pool"
>
> Merijn van Mourik
> http://crmerijn.blogspot.com
>
> "hadnan" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am having problems opening reports from the web client direct from the CRM
> > server. When i ckick reports either in My Workplace the following message
> > occurs:
> >
> > Reports.config has invalid schema, and could not be loaded.
> >
> > Any ideas what might be the problem?
> >
> > Note: I have not implemented Microsoft CRM myself, but one of our partners,
> > so I know little about the install process.

importing pst files #3
I've had to reload Office 2000. I am now trying to import the Outlook backup I made, which is a .pst file. I'm following the import directions, Outlook is performing the task, but nothing is showing up - I am unable to see any of my contacts, emails, or folders I created. HELP! I'm desperate! Why are you trying to import? Why not just use the old .pst file as your main Outlook data file? If you need help in doing this, go to Help | About Microsoft Outlook and tell us whether Outlook is configured in Internet Mail Only or Corporate/Workgroup mode. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook M...

Publisher Problem
Volunteer Nancy C. Benner Janyszeski Answers Subject MS Publisher 2000 Problem Question I'm using Pub 2000 in on a Pent 4 3.06GHz processor 512 mb ram. Publisher is installed on the local drive (c:). Problem is when trying to open a publisher file from the network share it won't open. The files are on a NT Server 4.0 shared directory with full access to all users. When trying to open the file all it does is close publisher completely. If I do manage to get a file open when I try to save it the message appears stating that the destination drive (S:\shared) is full. An examin...

3.0 to 4.0 conversion
We are getting an error when the 4.0 install is doing it's upgrade review. We are getting "The unique constraints in the CRM database are not consistent with the Dynamics CRM 3.0" Then we get the "Stored procedures in the CRM database are not consistent..." Then "Setup has detected customizations that have not been published..." However, any customizations, and they are minor, are published. Anybody have any thoughts? ...

Can an IF statement be used for 3 options?
Can I setup an IF statement to select between 3 options? For example, I have 3 divisions with 5 teams in each division. Can I setup a formula to have it enter the proper division if I have the team name entered. For example, if I have BOS in cell B2 how do I get cell C2 to say AL EAST. I have a tab called divisions with the divisions listed in cells A1, A2, and A3. The teams from division A1 are listed in cells A2, A3, A4, A5, and A6. Thanks. Assuming your division names are in A1:C1 and teams are in the 5 rows below each division (A2:C6), then try: =OFFSET(divisions!A1,,MAX(IF(I...

Problem with register scrolling
I just started having this problem with Money 2004 Deluxe. When I try to scroll to the last entry of my register the scroll bar reaches the bottom, but I am not at the bottom of the register. I must click on the down arrow at the bottom of the scroll bar to get the register to scroll to the last entry. bdog Are you using a scroll mouse button? Sometimes the button gets stuck and what you describe happens in Bills & Deposits. If so then move your scroll button a slight amount. Mark Fields "bdog" <bd@op.net> wrote in message news:Xns9469EF048AE96bdopnet@24.50.78.38...

lookup problem #2
I have a sheet with J11 called Buyers # and K11 called Buyers name. On the next sheet called Buyers there is a list with B1 being the buyers number, and C2 is the buyers names. How can I enter a number on the first sheet and get the corresponding name to come up? Todd Have a look in HELP index for VLOOKUP -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Todd Fischer" <todd@fischerhome.net> wrote in message news:evMAjQDPEHA.3052@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I have a sheet with J11 called Buyers # and K11 called Buyers name. On the > next sheet called Buyers there is a...

Problem creating distribution group
I have over 700 address contacts that have been "tagged" into various categories. I know how to set up a new distribution group. However, when I choose "select names" the names from my list apear as first name, last name instead of last name , first name. This makes it almost impossible to scroll up and down looking for the name I want to select and add to my distribution group. Please advise of any suggestions. What version of Outlook? Randal Langley wrote: > I have over 700 address contacts that have been "tagged" > into various categories. I ...

I want a cell should 2 accept only >=0 or <=30 or Y or N
I want a cell should to accept >=0 or <=30 or Y or N Regards Brijesh =OR(AND(A1>=0,A1<=30),A1="Y",A1="N") In "Custom" for Data Validation. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Brijesh Poojary" <Brijesh Poojary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F46DC05-D143-407F-BB81-D5D9109914D6@microsoft.com... > > I want a cell should to accept >=0 or <=30 or Y or N > > Regards > Brijesh ...

Command button code problem
I have a form with a command button that opens a report in preview. The form has a combo box from which you select the record that should be shown on the report but when I click on the command button I get all the records not just the one I have clicked What's wrong with my code? Here it is Private Sub cmdprintcr_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdprintcr_Click Dim strAVCISCode As String 'set strAVCISCode equal to the selected value before closing the form, otherwise it will give us an error strAVCISCode = "AVCISCode" DoCmd.OpenReport "rptCrimereport",...

Money Small Business Inventory Problem
I have entered an incorrect value for the purchase of an inventory item. I would like to correct the error, but I cannot find any where to do it. Can anyone help? Thanks Jack ...

Account format change #3
GP 9 framework length = 14 4 segments 3-4-4-3 seg 3 natural current useage length 11 1-3-4.3 in a test environment under tools setup acct format made the changes so that length = 14 seg1=3 seg2 =4 no change to seg3 or 4 this keeps us within the framework and saved ex acct 0-401-5000-399 became 0ss-401s-5000-399 s=space I then ran the prof tools modifier final acct 000-0401-5000-399 with the actindx of 0-401-5000-399 = to the new acct 000-0401-5000-399 only results that I have an issue with so far is the gl40200 the 2 segments that were changed had both in the table and the new longer segm...

Moving Emails to Folders
Though I encountered no problems over many months, in the last several I have run into a huge issue in moving certain emails from my "in" and "sent" boxes to my achive folders. These emails all either originate from China or have a Chinese originated reply in the email string. The individuals with whom I'm corresponding in China are from major corporations and, in one case, the person is an employee on my corporate email system. The symptoms are as follows. When I try to drag the email to the folder, the hourglass appears, as if it is trying to complete the transfer. A...

IE 7 and problems with Money 2005
Yesterday my computer automatically updated to IE7 and now I can not sign in online using my MS 2005. I get an "Your sign-in information could not be verified. Go online or select the work offline check box, and then reenter your sign in information" I also am unable to get account updates from the MS Money website. Does anyone know what I need to do to fix this? In microsoft.public.money, Giavid wrote: >Yesterday my computer automatically updated to IE7 and now I can not sign in >online using my MS 2005. I get an "Your sign-in information could not be >verifie...

exporting report into Excell
When I export a report into Excell, the bin location for some items shows as a date rather than a number or general. These items were created at different times. I have deleted the bin location, exited the item and the reentered the bin location to no avail. Any suggestions? Format the destination column as text and use the 'Paste Special... | Values Only' function. Also good for retaining leading zeroes. Tom -- Stop fishing for e-mail "Sandy" wrote: > When I export a report into Excell, the bin location for some items shows as > a date rather than a number...

MS CRM Install Minimum Reqs
We want to specifically use the Sales aspects of MC CRM. We will only have 5 users. We have Exchange 2000 (dual 2.4 ghz, gig RAM, RAID 5, RAID 1) on its own server, SQL 2000 (dual 2.2 hhz, gig ram, RAID 5) on its own server, and a web server (single 1.4ghz Raid 1) on its own server. I cannot find resources online (install docs, etc which always scares me). Should I just be able to install this on my web server? I heard it can be on the Exchange box but "is not recommended". My exchange box is an AD server also, is that a problem? Any online links to resources are appreciated. ...

How do I filter an Access report?
How do I apply a filter to an Access report? I seriously cannot find any examples anywhere. Well, MS says this works: >#2/2/2006# and <#2/4/2006# .... but all I get is "missing operator". It then strikes me I haven't told it what to filter on. What's the syntax for it? I have a table called "Inventory Transactions" and need the field "Transaction Date" filtered by the above criteria (different date range but the above example will do). I tried this: [Inventory Transactions].[Transaction Date]>=#1/1/2009# And [Inventory ...

Help please...Report Graphs and Charts
I have a few columns of data that i would like to graph for each customer. My chart is coming up blank. I have a report that alreayd lists date, weight, waist inches, and a few other items. When i add the date and the other values (in expectation to see how the values change over time it comes up blank. I'm trying to have the dates show along the bottom and the weight, waist, etc. item on the side bar. I'm trying to use a line chart but its not working. Any suggestions. The original report is based on a quiery that joins my customer table and my measurements table. Can i just us...

cell reference problem #2
I am trouble with cell references in a spreadsheet. Some cells will display the cell reference rather than the value it points to. For example the cell will display =A1 as text rather than the content of that cell. What could cause this???????? thanks in advance david Hi David, First check that you have calculation turned on. Tools, Options, Calculation, automatic calculation If that is the problem and it recurs, see my slowresp to see how to spot the problem earlier. The other possibility is that you have Text formatting instead of General or a numeric format. Other things t...

Creating a new TASK using VFP9.0
I know this is a VBA group but I can't seem to get an answer from the VFP group on this subject. I need to create a new TASK and send it to the person I pick from a drop-down menu. This has to be done in FOXPRO (VFP9.0-SP2). I can get to Outlook and create/send an email, but I can not figure out how to create/send a TASK. Any help/sample code will be great. Thanks in advance -- Lost in Tampa I don't have a clue as to how you'd do it in VFP, but if you are using the CreateItem() method with an olMailItem argument to create a mail item substitute the olTaskItem en...

test post #3
I've posted a couple messages today that havn't shown up. Just testing my account. Frank ...

X axis on 0 on Line-Column on 2 Axes
Is there a way on a Line-Column on 2 Axes chart to have the 0 value on both the bar and line axes be straight across from each other even though the bar chart is in 1,000s and the line axes is in single digits and has negative numbers? Only way I can figure is to put negative numbers in the bar axis as well. Try this: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AlignXon2Ys.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ _______ "Supe" <Supe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1174954-513D-...

Min value excluding 0 and another criteria
Hi I am trying to exclude zero plus add another criteria in calculating the min value of a column. I want the other criteria to be the text value of a different column. For instance column A has dog, cat, fish, etc (up to 16 category types) and column B has age. I am trying to find min age for each category and not include zero. I know this will find the min age of everything =MIN(IF($G$5:$G$40>0, $G$5:$G$40)) but i am at a lost for how to incoporate the other criteria any suggestions would greatly be appreciated On Apr 24, 10:41=A0pm, calebmich...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi > >...

How to access CRM data from MS Word
I watched in a power point presentation downloaded from MS website that you can access your CRM data from MS word to make well formatted offers for your customers. There was an area on the right with CRM data in it and you can chose the data you want then inset it into the word document. Any idea how to make this. On May 10, 3:21 pm, Maged Assabri <MagedAssa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I watched in a power point presentation downloaded from MS website that you > can access your CRM data from MS word to make well formatted offers for your > customers. > Ther...

Problem while tring to run a macro designed to save embedded images
Tink@discussions.microsoft.com Please solve me the following problem I'm getting an error as Run-time error '91' Object variable or with block variable not set while trying to run the macro in VBA. Thanks in advance How can you expect anyone to know without seeing your code? Post a message in the newsgroup specifically for general Outlook programming issues "down the hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba or, via web interface, at http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba . And include a small code...

Question about E-mail templates in 3.0
Do anyone knows whether it is possible to customize email templates to include e.g. flash or jpeg’s or just a plain word dodument?? ...