Problem with pick-list fields within views (Microsoft CRM).

Hi all

I have experienced an identical issue at two Microsoft CRM
sites which I am hoping people may be able to shed some
light on.

In short, when pick-list fields are displayed as columns
in views, the values do not show on the screen. This
appears to be the case for ALL pick-list fields, such as
relationship type for account, role for contact, etc.

For example, we have created an Account view that shows
Account Name, Parent Account Name and Relationship Type.
The account records display perfectly for Account Name and
Parent Account Name, but the Relationship Type column is
completely empty.

There is definitely data in this field, because double
clicking into the account detail view displays the correct
relationship type in the pick-list field.

The problem occurs irrespective of whether the pick-list
items have been customised or not.

Both sites are using the international version of the CRM
(v1.0).

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks
Andrew

Andrew Volz
Senior Consultant
Senetas Group

Phone +61 3 9820 1988  |  Mobile 0409 795 537  |
Facsimile +61 3 9821 4899
Level 1, 11 Queens Road, Melbourne 3004,  Australia
0
volzy77
10/27/2003 5:09:45 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Andrew,

Try re-publishing your changes and make sure you select all the objects.  I
remember reading something about some dependancies that are needed for the
views that don't get caught when you only publish select objects, but I
can't find that article at the moment.

Matt

"Andrew Volz" <volzy77@hotmail.com> wrote in message
[...]

10/27/2003 8:40:04 PM
Matt

Have tried publishing all objects, but no luck. Have also rebooted the
server to see if this made any difference, but also to no avail.

Any other ideas?

"Matt Parks" <Matt.Parks@removetoX_XRevereGroup.Com> wrote in message news:<uxq3IqMnDHA.2628@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>...
> Andrew,
>
> Try re-publishing your changes and make sure you select all the objects.  I
> remember reading something about some dependancies that are needed for the
> views that don't get caught when you only publish select objects, but I
> can't find that article at the moment.
>
> Matt
>
> "Andrew Volz" <volzy77@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> I have experienced an identical issue at two Microsoft CRM
> sites which I am hoping people may be able to shed some
> light on.
>
> In short, when pick-list fields are displayed as columns
> in views, the values do not show on the screen. This
> appears to be the case for ALL pick-list fields, such as
> relationship type for account, role for contact, etc.
>
> For example, we have created an Account view that shows
> Account Name, Parent Account Name and Relationship Type.
> The account records display perfectly for Account Name and
> Parent Account Name, but the Relationship Type column is
> completely empty.
>
> There is definitely data in this field, because double
> clicking into the account detail view displays the correct
> relationship type in the pick-list field.
>
> The problem occurs irrespective of whether the pick-list
> items have been customised or not.
>
> Both sites are using the international version of the CRM
> (v1.0).
>
> Any advice appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Andrew
>
> Andrew Volz
> Senior Consultant
> Senetas Group
>
> Phone +61 3 9820 1988  |  Mobile 0409 795 537  |
> Facsimile +61 3 9821 4899
> Level 1, 11 Queens Road, Melbourne 3004,  Australia
0
volzy77
10/28/2003 3:04:46 AM
Andrew,

Not sure what to suggest.  I was able to create a view that showed those 3
fields w/o any problem.  One thing I noted though.  In your original post,
you mentioned you were using the international version of CRM.  There isn't
one yet.  CRM v1.0 only supports US English installs.  v1.2 which will be
released in December will support internationalization.  Are your servers US
English?  I don't see why that would impact this, but you never know.

Something else you can check:  On the Lead page, do you see values in the
"Status Reason" field?  That's a standard view and it is a picklist field.

Matt

Have tried publishing all objects, but no luck. Have also rebooted the
server to see if this made any difference, but also to no avail.

Any other ideas?

Andrew

Andrew Volz
Senior Consultant
Senetas Group

Phone +61 3 9820 1988  |  Mobile 0409 795 537  |  Facsimile +61 3 9821
4899
Level 1, 11 Queens Road, Melbourne 3004,  Australia

"Matt Parks" <Matt.Parks@removetoX_XRevereGroup.Com> wrote in message
> Andrew,
>
> Try re-publishing your changes and make sure you select all the objects.
> remember reading something about some dependancies that are needed for the
> views that don't get caught when you only publish select objects, but I
> can't find that article at the moment.
>
> Matt
>
> "Andrew Volz" <volzy77@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> I have experienced an identical issue at two Microsoft CRM
> sites which I am hoping people may be able to shed some
> light on.
>
> In short, when pick-list fields are displayed as columns
> in views, the values do not show on the screen. This
> appears to be the case for ALL pick-list fields, such as
> relationship type for account, role for contact, etc.
>
> For example, we have created an Account view that shows
> Account Name, Parent Account Name and Relationship Type.
> The account records display perfectly for Account Name and
> Parent Account Name, but the Relationship Type column is
> completely empty.
>
> There is definitely data in this field, because double
> clicking into the account detail view displays the correct
> relationship type in the pick-list field.
>
> The problem occurs irrespective of whether the pick-list
> items have been customised or not.
>
> Both sites are using the international version of the CRM
> (v1.0).
>
> Any advice appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Andrew
>
> Andrew Volz
> Senior Consultant
> Senetas Group
>
> Phone +61 3 9820 1988  |  Mobile 0409 795 537  |
> Facsimile +61 3 9821 4899
> Level 1, 11 Queens Road, Melbourne 3004,  Australia

0
Matt
10/28/2003 3:34:00 PM
Matt - don't know why I mentioned the international release - am using
the North American version of the CRM (1.0).

Both of our Windows 2000 CRM servers I am confident have been
installed using the English (Australia) region. Strictly speaking this
is probably not correct, but as you say it is unclear how this could
have an effect!

Interestingly, recently I have had access to a beta version of the CRM
international release and did NOT experience the same problem.

Also, the views on the Leads page also fail to show the Status Reason
field.

Also interestingly, I have just noticed today that the reports too
fail to pick up the correct pick-list values.

For example, I opened the 'Account List by Industry' report and
noticed that:
* All accounts were grouped into the default pick-list value industry,
even though this is not correct.
* The report rows listing the individual accounts showed an empty
Industry value.

It seems as though the only place we ARE seeing appropriate pick-list
values is in the actual detail screens themselves. Strange!

"Matt Parks" <Matt.Parks@removetoX_XRevereGroup.Com> wrote in message news:<Och#wjWnDHA.2536@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>...
> [...]
> > The account records display perfectly for Account Name and
> > Parent Account Name, but the Relationship Type column is
> > completely empty.
> >
> > There is definitely data in this field, because double
> > clicking into the account detail view displays the correct
> > relationship type in the pick-list field.
> >
> > The problem occurs irrespective of whether the pick-list
> > items have been customised or not.
> >
> > Both sites are using the international version of the CRM
> > (v1.0).
> >
> > Any advice appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Andrew
> >
> > Andrew Volz
> > Senior Consultant
> > Senetas Group
> >
> > Phone +61 3 9820 1988  |  Mobile 0409 795 537  |
> > Facsimile +61 3 9821 4899
> > Level 1, 11 Queens Road, Melbourne 3004,  Australia
10/29/2003 3:10:32 AM
I think I know what the problem might be.  The main table that stores the
picklist values has a language ID in it.  The stock value is 1033 - US
English.  If your servers are installed with English (Australia), it will
use a different Language Id, and thus won't be able to find the proper value
for the picklist.

If you had a copy of the v1.2 Beta, then you wouldn't have hit this problem
because it supports Internationalization and would have had the alternate
Language Ids in the system.

> [...]

> > The account records display perfectly for Account Name and
> > Parent Account Name, but the Relationship Type column is
> > completely empty.
> >
> > There is definitely data in this field, because double
> > clicking into the account detail view displays the correct
> > relationship type in the pick-list field.
> >
> > The problem occurs irrespective of whether the pick-list
> > items have been customised or not.
> >
> > Both sites are using the international version of the CRM
> > (v1.0).
> >
> > Any advice appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Andrew
> >
> > Andrew Volz
> > Senior Consultant
> > Senetas Group
> >
> > Phone +61 3 9820 1988  |  Mobile 0409 795 537  |
> > Facsimile +61 3 9821 4899
> > Level 1, 11 Queens Road, Melbourne 3004,  Australia

10/29/2003 3:27:50 PM
You appear to be on the money with that Matt.

Interestingly, setting the default Windows 2000 language (plus my own
user account language) to English (US) still had the CRM looking for
language ID 3081 (presumably English - Australia).

This would indicate that the CRM language is set when the CRM itself
is installed.

By manually adding entries into the StringMap table for language ID
3081, the pick-list field text appears correctly in views and reports
(obviously directly modifying the tables is strictly not supported by
Microsoft though).

Also these 3081 records get lost each time you republish the objects
in the CRM.

The ideal approach would be to reset the CRM so it looks for language
ID 1033, but I can't figure out if there is a way to do this.

"Matt Parks" <Matt.Parks@removetoX_XRevereGroup.Com> wrote in message news:<ej9M#EjnDHA.1084@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>...
> [...]
> > > The account records display perfectly for Account Name and
> > > Parent Account Name, but the Relationship Type column is
> > > completely empty.
> > >
> > > There is definitely data in this field, because double
> > > clicking into the account detail view displays the correct
> > > relationship type in the pick-list field.
> > >
> > > The problem occurs irrespective of whether the pick-list
> > > items have been customised or not.
> > >
> > > Both sites are using the international version of the CRM
> > > (v1.0).
> > >
> > > Any advice appreciated.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Andrew
> > >
> > > Andrew Volz
> > > Senior Consultant
> > > Senetas Group
> > >
> > > Phone +61 3 9820 1988  |  Mobile 0409 795 537  |
> > > Facsimile +61 3 9821 4899
> > > Level 1, 11 Queens Road, Melbourne 3004,  Australia
11/3/2003 6:00:12 AM
Andrew,

I think the only way to do this would be to reinstall while the server was
setup as US English.

As for the data getting lost when you re-publish, this makes sense as well.
When you publish objects, the values for the picklists get saved to the
table from the source for the form.  It's been a struggle for many to figure
out ways to get around this issue and to provide a means to change these
values "on the fly" without having to constantly publish.

> [...]

> > > The account records display perfectly for Account Name and
> > > Parent Account Name, but the Relationship Type column is
> > > completely empty.
> > >
> > > There is definitely data in this field, because double
> > > clicking into the account detail view displays the correct
> > > relationship type in the pick-list field.
> > >
> > > The problem occurs irrespective of whether the pick-list
> > > items have been customised or not.
> > >
> > > Both sites are using the international version of the CRM
> > > (v1.0).
> > >
> > > Any advice appreciated.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Andrew
> > >
> > > Andrew Volz
> > > Senior Consultant
> > > Senetas Group
> > >
> > > Phone +61 3 9820 1988  |  Mobile 0409 795 537  |
> > > Facsimile +61 3 9821 4899
> > > Level 1, 11 Queens Road, Melbourne 3004,  Australia

11/3/2003 6:25:01 PM
I've been having a similar problem with a box that was installed as Canadian
English.

The problem seems to be related to the regional settings of the user that
the CRM services use. In my case it is local system. When this user is set
to Canadian English some picklists do not function, and the crm has problems
parsing dates. The regional settings for the local system account are pulled
from HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\International.

So, if you change the regional settings for the user you are logged on as to
match what is supported, export HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control
Panel\International, then import the values into HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control
Panel\International, then reboot the picklists and dates work fine.

I tested this using an OS that started as US English, but I can make it
break and then make it work.

Chris Reid
Salentica Systems

> [...]
> > >
> > > Something else you can check:  On the Lead page, do you see values in
> the
> > > "Status Reason" field?  That's a standard view and it is a picklist
> field.
> > >
> > > Matt
> > >
> > > "Andrew Volz" <volzy77@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Matt
> > >
> > > Have tried publishing all objects, but no luck. Have also rebooted the
> > > server to see if this made any difference, but also to no avail.
> > >
> > > Any other ideas?
> > >

> > > Andrew
> > >
> > > Andrew Volz
> > > Senior Consultant
> > > Senetas Group
> > >
> > > Phone +61 3 9820 1988  |  Mobile 0409 795 537  |  Facsimile +61 3 9821
> > > 4899
> > > Level 1, 11 Queens Road, Melbourne 3004,  Australia

Chris

SQL deadlock problem

docmd.transfertext problem

Exchange update problem

multiple Domain name delivery problem

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Microsoft POS #2

Addressing within Exchange 2003

adding name /creating field/query?

Looking for help on timing within a function
At the facility I work, our associates use a very basic access database to sign out individual work orders on an interval of around every 12 minutes. They have asked if it would be possible to put a timer on the front page of the database to show how long they have been working on the current work order, updating each time they sing out another order. I am not very adept at access nor is the rest of our management staff. Is it possible to add this function, so they can better keep time of their work being done? Use the Form Timer event. Here is an example of how it can be done. In this ex...

Border problems

CRM tools
Hi, I'm working with CRM, and i listening about many tools that i didn't find. Example CRMDiag and more patches that repair a lot of knowed errors and warrings. Anybody know an url to download them? thanks Hello, If you have any problems with your CRM deployment you can issue a support call to Microsoft Dynamics. They will supply you with these tools if this is needed to resolve the case. Best regards, Merijn van Mourik "makeio" wrote: > Hi, > > I'm working with CRM, and i listening about many tools that i didn't > find. Example CRMDiag and mor...

Excel Problem

SOAP Exception

Using Visio HTML output within frames
Hi, I want to include visio HTML output in a frame of another html file. Unfortunately it is not working. I understood the problem is in vml_*.htm files. It is due to, the target arrtibute(pointing to _parent) in v:shapetype tag and href attribute (pointing to #) in v:shape tag. These attributes should point to "_top" and "<target-html-file>#" respectively inorder to work. I want to change these options while saving .vsd as web page? I would appreciate if you can help me in this regard. <v:shapetype id="VISSHAPE" target="_parent" coor...

Does CRM have a Microsoft Project like add-on?
Hello All: Does anyone know if CRM has a Microsoft Project like add-on? I was using Microsoft "Project Central" (which had it's own issues), but am looking for something like that. The best of both worlds would be an interface between the two packages. I am open to any suggestions. -Bill Project Central (v2000) was the first attempt to take MS Project to a server-based centralized solution. They have made great strides in more recent version. The latest is called "Project Server 2003" which is part of the "Enterprise Project Management Solution&q...

Why can't I edit the Schema for a Knowledge Base Article in CRM 3.
Why can't I edit the Schema for a Knowledge Base Article? It seems to me that you could do this in 1.2. I just want to add some custom fields. ...

Outlook 2002 XP SP 3 Archive problem
Hi there I am trying to get my newly configured outlook to archive my folders. I have ust configured it to download two POP email accounts and that works fine. I have set up a set of folders below my outlook (Personal Folders / pst) inbox node and placed the relevant emails in the corresponding folders. I have gone into tools -> options -> other -> and pressed the "AutoArchive..." button -> and set the "clean out folders older than" selection boxes to "3" and "Months" and pressed the "apply these setting to all folders" button. I ...

Field Level Security #6
I am new at using Field Level Security. It seems pretty straight forward, but I may be missing a step. I would like to delete a In the Field level security ID I created to test, but the system does not allow it. The message is: This field security ID is still being used. I have tried to clear all users and companies applied to this ID, but I don't seem to be successful. If there is more documentation about Field level security let me know. Thanks Patti ------=_NextPart_0001_22FF0AD4 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Patti I gave this KB in your ot...

auto complete replacement list
Is there a file that contains the auto complete data for Excel 03 I have allot of data to add and there must be a way to do it faster than going in through the auto complete options and adding them one by one. Thanks Tangy Auto Complete or Auto Correct? Auto complete or "pick from list" is based on what you have entered in contiguous cells above where you are now entering data. There is no list saved anywhere that you can edit. Auto Correct list is added to one by one AFAIK. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 16:54:16 -0500, "Tangy" <t a n g y@rogers...

CRM 1.2 12-02-05
I have installed MS CRM 1.2 on a SBS 2003 server. Problem is I can only start the application if I log onto the server usind the server administrator account. If I try to access using a domain users account I just get a page cannot be displayed error, could somebody please help... Have you added the appropriate domain users as crm users using the deployment manager? "Redders" <Redders@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D80FF8B4-78F1-4334-ACB5-2F772F0CF3B6@microsoft.com... > I have installed MS CRM 1.2 on a SBS 2003 server. Problem is I can only start >...