problem with offline capabilities of Microsoft CRM 3.0

I have a problem with offline capabilities of Microsoft CRM 3.0.
I defined 2 customized entities in the system, both connected to
"Opportunity" entity in parental relationship. I defined in "Local Data" the
same query for both entities but only one in downloaded while going offline.
the query is
   "Parent Downloaded equals true "
OR
  " Owner equals Current user" .

There is no connection between the customized entities.
What can be the reason for this situation?

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I'd check the definition of each entity; they may or may not have a parent
(defined by a parental relationship); also, one entity may not have owners if
it is set to Organisation owned
--
David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP
Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk

"Amit - Techtrends" wrote:

> I have a problem with offline capabilities of Microsoft CRM 3.0.
> I defined 2 customized entities in the system, both connected to
> "Opportunity" entity in parental relationship. I defined in "Local Data" the
> same query for both entities but only one in downloaded while going offline.
> the query is
>    "Parent Downloaded equals true "
> OR
>   " Owner equals Current user" .
>
> There is no connection between the customized entities.
> What can be the reason for this situation?

Thanks David.

The relatinship of both entities is parental to opportunities,
and both entities ownership is set to user, and not organization...
and it is not a matter of permissions since it's happening to the system
administrtaor as well...

any more ideas?

"David Jennaway" wrote:

> I'd check the definition of each entity; they may or may not have a parent
> (defined by a parental relationship); also, one entity may not have owners if
> it is set to Organisation owned
> --
> David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP
> Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk
>

> "Amit - Techtrends" wrote:
>
> > I have a problem with offline capabilities of Microsoft CRM 3.0.
> > I defined 2 customized entities in the system, both connected to
> > "Opportunity" entity in parental relationship. I defined in "Local Data" the
> > same query for both entities but only one in downloaded while going offline.
> > the query is
> >    "Parent Downloaded equals true "
> > OR
> >   " Owner equals Current user" .
> >
> > There is no connection between the customized entities.
> > What can be the reason for this situation?

rms 1.2 vs 2.0 #2
i'm considering upgrading from RMS v 1.2 to v 2.0 running 5 store locations with HQ. i have a trial version of Store Ops 2.0 that i've been testing to see what differences there are and really can not see where much has changed. i do not know what changed in HQ since i do not have that trial. can anyone fill me in on what improvements were made between the 2 versions? obviously i can not obtain support for v 1.2 any long which is a concern but aside from that is there value in upgrading, especially in these challenging financial times? thanks, jim Brad, You're right ...

count if #3
I am counting text. Not having a problem getting a count but what I need to do is; if the given words font has a strikthrough format I do not want to include it in the count. Then you need a UDF to identify that the text has a strikethrough and put this in a helper column, and count in that column, There is no function to get it directly. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "macamarr" <macamarr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6AC3A52C-2571-42EB-811C-17AB9CA60448@microsoft.com... > I am counting text. Not having a prob...

Microsoft CRM in mixed NT 4 and Windows 2000 Network
I have installed Microsoft CRM as suggested in Chapter 10 of the Microsoft CRM Implementation Guide: -- Company currently uses NT 4 network (Domain1) -- We set up a new server with AD (Domain2), SQL, Exchange, and CRM -- I installed the sample data along with MS CRM -- I set up Domain2 to trust Domain1 -- For each of the 5 users in Domain2, I went to their Properties / Security tab and added their Domain1 logins with full control -- Also, for each of the 5 users in Domain2, I went to their Properties / Exchange Advanceed and added their Domain1 logins with full mailbox access I have been able...

MSCRM 3 and Great Plains integration
Is the integration between Great Plains and CRM 3 available yet? If not, any ideas when it will? Thanks Dave That's a great question! I'm not sure why we're not being given answers. -- Brandon Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions" http://www.presentationsdirect.com "Dave Roberts" <DaveRoberts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DBA35EAF-3BC2-4593-9739-A2ECDEE382E6@microsoft.com... > Is the integration between Great Plains and CRM 3 available yet? > > If not, any ideas when it will? > > Thanks > Dave ...

Read/Write INI on Program File Vista Problem
I have a VB6 program that reads application settings from INI file... until now most users used the app on Win XP and there is big hassle running the program on Vista as Program File under Vista is Read Only... Under Vista users manually copies the INI file to Writeable directory like Documents; edit the INI file and then copy it back to Program Files thus rendering changing application settings through the VB app impossible. I would like to change program settings from INI to say egistry. But I don't know how to to go about this. Can VB6 create registry keys for an app duri...

Further Show Hide Problem with VBA
Hi again! Bob kindly gave me a suggestion for using VBA to show /hide using a single button. This worked fine until I decided I wanted to have another custom area off to the side. The problem being that when I try to return from this third view not all rows columns are showing. I thought I might get round this by including an unhide for all rows and columns to create a normal view to go from but then the toggle views don't seem to do anything. Any help greatly appreciated DonH Call Unl Application.ScreenUpdating = False Rows("25:75").EntireRow.Hidden = Not Rows(&qu...

Dynamics GP 10.0 with Framework 3.51 #2
I am installing a Dynamics GP 10.0 fresh install with SQL 2008 on a test server, and it is having problem in finding Frame Work 2.0 even though it is installed on the server. In the process of installing Dexterity shared component 10.0 it is failing because Frame Work 2.0 is not installed on the server. I have not tried uninstalling 3.51 from machine yet. I am wondering are there any tricks to mimic the installation to skip this check. Thanks, Vishnu Vishnu, You need to install Microsoft Dynamics GP 10 from the Feature Pack 1 DVD image (which contains Service Pack 2) as it is co...

access denied in CRM 1.2
Hey i have setup a new user and i am getting access denied. I hvae even put the user in all the groups just to see if it matters any ideas??? I am new at this crm... if i log into the server and type in my web address it works fine ...

Goal Seek #3
is there a way to use goal seek so that when I change variable effecting the goal that the cell that you're trying to vary will chang along with it? for example Goal: Value = $0 in 10 years IR = 5% pymt is changing cell change the IR to 6% I would like the pymt to automatically change alon with it Thank -- mikecookax ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mikecookaxa's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2792 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49904 Why not use PMT functio...

Problems when opening in Publisher 2003 vs 2007
I have a file someone sent me that when opening it in Publisher 2003, it appears as a long narrow strip with 8% zoom. However, when I open the same file in Publisher 2007, it appears as it should. They only have Publisher 2003. Is there something that needs to be changed in 2003 so that the file appears correctly? -- shel What happens if you re-save the document? Publisher 2003 will open 2007 publications. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "shel" <shel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8444042F-56E8-4390-A00D-FBFB155903F5@microsof...

Solution to ALL Office Problems on mac
Hey guys, I have been using a mac for a while now and have encountered numerous problems such as errors when saving my files and such. I recently found a website selling an alternative for the entire office suite. Since they are having a sale right now I figured, hey why not just try it out. And I must say that I am pleasantly suprised. For only 29$, I received an office suite with more features than Office (including a PDF creator/reader etc) and have not encountered a single problem using the suite. (It is 100% Office compatible!) Anyway, I thought it would be nice to share this with yo...

Form Details In CRM 3.0
Hi All, where does the form information is stored in crm 3.0. Also when we create attributes for entities we give a moer meaningful display name, scheam name and description to the attaributes that we add. i serached the meta database for attribute display names but i couldn't find this. can anyone tell me where i can find them?. thanks, Charith The values for a form field are stored in the yourcompanyname_MSCRM SQL Server database. These values are often spread across several tables. The tables are usually named after the entity they store, and those that end with the word "...

Question for offline Client
Hi I have a question to the offline Client. 1. Are on the MSDE DB all Datas from the Main Server stored or only those which I configured under Local Datas? 2. Do I have configure for each client the sync rules or can I do that in a centralized way? Thank's for some feedbacks Michel ...

Outlook 2002 sound problem
I am trying to get Outlook to play a cool .wav file I downloaded for when I receive new mail. I went to the sounds section under the control panel and I set the "new mail" notification to play the .wav file, but when I get new mail, it still just beeps at me. Can anyone help? Robert Double check the list of events. In my list there were multiple New Mail type events. Assign the sound to all of them as a test. <lgrier@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:EGINe.798$ZD4.668@bignews3.bellsouth.net... >I am trying to get Outlook to play a cool .wav file I downloaded ...

Business Portal V3.0 and Alternatives
Hi, We are currently on the lookout for a solution that can handle, web based sales ordering by "Agents" and inquire information relating to their account (they are the Customer) such as Consignmnet stock, Last statement etc. The Agents are allowed to look at only their data (ie. restricted by Site ID for IV, Cust ID for RM, Vendor ID for PM etc.) As the agents are part of a tree structure, we need to be able to roll-up the data based on a customised tree (as we are unable to establish multiple - 5, levels within GP Customer Structure) This has to be "truly" web ba...

CBM setup and screens are missing in GP 9.0
Dear All, One of my client has clicked the EBM next number option in CBM setup screen and after that all the audit trial codes are changed with EBM and the CBM setup has been disappeared even check book setup has also totally changed. So can anyone help how to overcome from this situation. Note: Your immediate help will be greatly appreciated. -- Developer ...

HOT Reqs : Microsoft Business Solutions | 12+ Months | Chicago, IL (Functional and technical)
HOT Reqs : Microsoft Business Solutions | 12+ Months | Chicago, IL (Functional and technical) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Business Solutions (Microsoft Small Business Financials) Need one resource each for Functional and Technical roles. Location : Chicago, IL Duration : 12+ Months Funtional : This person will be responsible for the requirements gathering and setting up the system. Technical : This person will be responsible for installing and maintaining th...

Cannot update offline address book
Dear all, One of the user cannot update his offline address book in outlook 2002. After I downloaded the address book (Full detail) in his laptop, it show an old offline address book which should be last year time. I have try to create a new offline folder file and a new profile for the window, but still not work. Its work fine in another laptop which using his mailbox. Do u have any ideas on that? (using exchange 5.5 server and win2k for client) Pls help. Thanks. Fredo ...

Please verify BUG in Microsoft Windows XP/2003 Accessibility *MPS*
Hello, The Problem (Multi Processor only): This occurs when there is MORE than one Logical/Physical CPU on the system. When a console winevent hook function is active, changing the codepage of a console window causes the console window to not respond. I set a hook using SetWinEventHook to get notified on events EVENT_CONSOLE_CARET to EVENT_CONSOLE_END_APPLICATION all is well, events are coming. When I open a CMD window and change the codepage to a different codepage than the default one, the window stops responding. From my tests it appears that the problem is somewhere in the SetCo...

FYI
FYI to anyone who has Ex2003 SP1. I came across this problem on my server and the hotfix resolved it. Note: I didn't have the exact problem described because my messages were getting stuck in the "Local delivery" queue, not the "Messages pending submission" queue and I never got any error events, but nonetheless the hotfix corrected it. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=843545 Digitally signed messages remain in the Messages pending submission queue and are not delivered in Exchange Server 2003 SP1 -- Sincerely, Martin MCSA: M I ran into the same problem, t...

Subclass hiding method problem.
Hi guys, I can't wrap my head around this problem. I have two classes in a DLL that inherit from each other. They both have a method called Delete but with different parameters. If I have an instance of the subclass and try to call the delete that's defined in the superclass the compiler says "function does not take 0 arguments" here are the definitions class DllExport LSDBTable { public: bool Delete(); }; class DllExport LSDBOtherTable : public LSDBTable { public: bool Delete(long RecNo); }; void main() { LSDBOtherTable Table; ... Table.Delete...

Outlook 2002 and 2003 problem
I'm trying again in hopes to get this problem fixed. I've tried many suggestions from googled searches to no avail. Weird Outlook 2002 and 2003 problem. If I start a message from within Outlook and attach a file it sends normally, but if I try and send by hitting the 'email' button from within Word or Excel (filling in the pertinent info and hit send), or if I go to a file or picture and do a R-click send to mail. They just end up in Outlook's outbox and will not send no matter how many times I hit 'send and receive'. -- "I don't cheat to survive. ...

Error previewing reports in CRM 4.0
We recently installed and removed Systems Esstentials 2007 from the same server with our CRM 4.0 installation. After removing the Systems Essentials, it left behind all the reports on our /reports server. This is the same /reports server with our CRM 4.0 reports. Now, those reports are missing from the /report server. We are having some issues with previewing or running CRM 4.0 reports. Does anyone know of a way to reinstall or reupload those reports. I tried a repair of CRM, but it did not reinstall the reports, back to the report server. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,...

Problems with typing in Russian in Word'04
Hi, I am going nuts because of this problem. I am on the verge of purchasing a different word processor, but I paid $150 for this one so it should work!! Here's what happens. I set my language in the "International" Preferences in the Mac settings (I have the little taskbar icon flag thing enabled to quickly change my language). When I try to type in Word after setting the language (under tools) to Russian, I can type okay...until I realize that I made a mistake a few words back. So I click to move the cursor back to where I need to make a change...and the Mac language switches ...

1.2 Proxy Dll and the .NET Framework 1.0
Is the version 1.0 Microsoft.CRM.Proxy.dll compatible with MS CRM 1.2 ? I've got an application using the CRM proxy running on the .NET Framework 1.0. I want to know what steps I need to take to upgrade the application to CRM 1.2. If the 1.2 proxy is required (which I assume it is) then I'll need to recompile the application - however from what I understand the proxy is only built for the 1.1 Framework. Can anybody confirm this? (I don't see any reason why Microsoft doesn't suppy a 1.2 proxy for the 1.0 Framework?!). Thanks a million, Anil Anil, I believe you should be ab...