Problem With Crystal Reports in CRM

Hi,

Any report I try to access results in the following message (or similar)
being displayed in the Report Viewer:

File frs://Input/a_012/001/000/268/8a433f105d3ee1a2.rpt not found on File
Repository Server.

If anyone can help me out, I would greatly apprecaite it.

Ta

Chris

0
Chris
8/31/2004 11:23:29 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

first ensure all your crystal services are started. Second have you rebuilt
your crm system. Microsoft does have a utility to rebuild your crystal file
store if you have issues

--
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP

"Chris Ericoli" <cericoliNOspm@removethisfamill.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Any report I try to access results in the following message (or similar)
> being displayed in the Report Viewer:
>
> File frs://Input/a_012/001/000/268/8a433f105d3ee1a2.rpt not found on File
> Repository Server.
>
> If anyone can help me out, I would greatly apprecaite it.
>
> Ta
>
> Chris

0
John
9/2/2004 3:39:04 AM
Thanks for your reply John, I really appreciate it.

All Crystal related services are running on the server
The CRM server has not been rebuilt.

If you have a link to the utilitiy that can rebuild the Crystal store, I
would be most grateful.

Regards

Chris

"John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@nospam-hotmail.com-nospam> wrote in
message news:%23GZXm5JkEHA.4092@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> first ensure all your crystal services are started. Second have you
rebuilt
> your crm system. Microsoft does have a utility to rebuild your crystal
file
> store if you have issues
>
> --
> John O'Donnell
> Microsoft CRM MVP
> http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx
>

> "Chris Ericoli" <cericoliNOspm@removethisfamill.com.au> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > Any report I try to access results in the following message (or similar)
> > being displayed in the Report Viewer:
> >
> > File frs://Input/a_012/001/000/268/8a433f105d3ee1a2.rpt not found on
File
> > Repository Server.
> >
> > If anyone can help me out, I would greatly apprecaite it.
> >
> > Ta
> >
> > Chris

0
Chris
9/2/2004 10:37:04 PM
you need to contact Microsoft MBS support for this. As it appears your
crystal store is corrupted it is possible you will not be charged for the
fix. Give them a call and find out. The fix is pretty easy and quick to use
but as said needs to be got from MBS

--

> Thanks for your reply John, I really appreciate it.
>
> All Crystal related services are running on the server
> The CRM server has not been rebuilt.
>
> If you have a link to the utilitiy that can rebuild the Crystal store, I
> would be most grateful.
>
> Regards
>
> Chris
>

> "John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@nospam-hotmail.com-nospam> wrote in
> message news:%23GZXm5JkEHA.4092@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > first ensure all your crystal services are started. Second have you
> rebuilt
> > your crm system. Microsoft does have a utility to rebuild your crystal
> file
> > store if you have issues
> >
> > --
> > John O'Donnell
> > Microsoft CRM MVP
> > http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx
> >

> > "Chris Ericoli" <cericoliNOspm@removethisfamill.com.au> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Any report I try to access results in the following message (or
similar)
> > > being displayed in the Report Viewer:
> > >
> > > File frs://Input/a_012/001/000/268/8a433f105d3ee1a2.rpt not found on
> File
> > > Repository Server.
> > >
> > > If anyone can help me out, I would greatly apprecaite it.
> > >
> > > Ta
> > >
> > > Chris

0
John
9/3/2004 4:37:47 AM
also this is a heads up for this type of issue. ALWAYS keep a copy of any
reports you created in a different location for just this sort of issue.

--
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP
http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx

"Chris Ericoli" <cericoliNOspm@removethisfamill.com.au> wrote in message
> Thanks for your reply John, I really appreciate it.
>
> All Crystal related services are running on the server
> The CRM server has not been rebuilt.
>
> If you have a link to the utilitiy that can rebuild the Crystal store, I
> would be most grateful.
>
> Regards
>
> Chris
>

> "John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@nospam-hotmail.com-nospam> wrote in
> message news:%23GZXm5JkEHA.4092@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > first ensure all your crystal services are started. Second have you
> rebuilt
> > your crm system. Microsoft does have a utility to rebuild your crystal
> file
> > store if you have issues
> >
> > --
> > John O'Donnell
> > Microsoft CRM MVP
> > http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx
> >

> > "Chris Ericoli" <cericoliNOspm@removethisfamill.com.au> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Any report I try to access results in the following message (or
similar)
> > > being displayed in the Report Viewer:
> > >
> > > File frs://Input/a_012/001/000/268/8a433f105d3ee1a2.rpt not found on
> File
> > > Repository Server.
> > >
> > > If anyone can help me out, I would greatly apprecaite it.
> > >
> > > Ta
> > >
> > > Chris

0
John
9/3/2004 4:38:24 AM
Hi Chris,
I am facing the excatly same problem you are facing.
If you obtain a fix from microsoft then can u please tell me how i can fix
the problem at my end.
I would really appreciate it.
Thanx.
Regards,
Sanket

"Chris Ericoli" wrote:

> Thanks for your reply John, I really appreciate it.
>
> All Crystal related services are running on the server
> The CRM server has not been rebuilt.
>
> If you have a link to the utilitiy that can rebuild the Crystal store, I
> would be most grateful.
>
> Regards
>
> Chris
>

> "John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@nospam-hotmail.com-nospam> wrote in
> message news:%23GZXm5JkEHA.4092@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > first ensure all your crystal services are started. Second have you
> rebuilt
> > your crm system. Microsoft does have a utility to rebuild your crystal
> file
> > store if you have issues
> >
> > --
> > John O'Donnell
> > Microsoft CRM MVP
> > http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx
> >

> > "Chris Ericoli" <cericoliNOspm@removethisfamill.com.au> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Any report I try to access results in the following message (or similar)
> > > being displayed in the Report Viewer:
> > >
> > > File frs://Input/a_012/001/000/268/8a433f105d3ee1a2.rpt not found on
> File
> > > Repository Server.
> > >
> > > If anyone can help me out, I would greatly apprecaite it.
> > >
> > > Ta
> > >
> > > Chris

All

Microsoft has a tool that can rebuild your CRM crystal database. I cannot
send this out to you. Instead you must contact Microsoft CRM support to
obtain the software and intructions on how to use it.

--

"Sanket" <Sanket@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Chris,
> I am facing the excatly same problem you are facing.
> If you obtain a fix from microsoft then can u please tell me how i can fix
> the problem at my end.
> I would really appreciate it.
> Thanx.
> Regards,
> Sanket
>
> "Chris Ericoli" wrote:
>
> > Thanks for your reply John, I really appreciate it.
> >
> > All Crystal related services are running on the server
> > The CRM server has not been rebuilt.
> >
> > If you have a link to the utilitiy that can rebuild the Crystal store, I
> > would be most grateful.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Chris
> >

> > "John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@nospam-hotmail.com-nospam> wrote in
> > message news:%23GZXm5JkEHA.4092@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > > first ensure all your crystal services are started. Second have you
> > rebuilt
> > > your crm system. Microsoft does have a utility to rebuild your crystal
> > file
> > > store if you have issues
> > >
> > > --
> > > John O'Donnell
> > > Microsoft CRM MVP

http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx

> > > "Chris Ericoli" <cericoliNOspm@removethisfamill.com.au> wrote in
message

> > File

0
John
9/5/2004 4:23:29 AM
Dear John,
thanx a lot for the response.
Now as microsoft has given an option to connect to an existing CRM database
it should not throw any problem like this one i am facing after i connect to
the existing database.

I really dont know how to contact microsoft for my problem.
secondly,I dont have any problems in contacting microsoft but in doing so i
will loose one of my precious instances or they'll charge me handsomely for
the help.

Regards,
Sanket

"John O'Donnell" wrote:

> All
>
> Microsoft has a tool that can rebuild your CRM crystal database. I cannot
> send this out to you. Instead you must contact Microsoft CRM support to
> obtain the software and intructions on how to use it.
>
> --
> John O'Donnell
> Microsoft CRM MVP
> http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx
>

> "Sanket" <Sanket@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Chris,
> > I am facing the excatly same problem you are facing.
> > If you obtain a fix from microsoft then can u please tell me how i can fix
> > the problem at my end.
> > I would really appreciate it.
> > Thanx.
> > Regards,
> > Sanket
> >
> > "Chris Ericoli" wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks for your reply John, I really appreciate it.
> > >
> > > All Crystal related services are running on the server
> > > The CRM server has not been rebuilt.
> > >
> > > If you have a link to the utilitiy that can rebuild the Crystal store, I
> > > would be most grateful.
> > >
> > > Regards
> > >
> > > Chris
> > >

> > > "John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@nospam-hotmail.com-nospam> wrote in
> > > message news:%23GZXm5JkEHA.4092@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > > rebuilt
> > > file

> http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx

> message

> similar)

> > > File

You may be able to get this incident free of charge...i would call and ask.

--

> Dear John,
> thanx a lot for the response.
> Now as microsoft has given an option to connect to an existing CRM
database
> it should not throw any problem like this one i am facing after i connect
> the existing database.
>
> I really dont know how to contact microsoft for my problem.
> secondly,I dont have any problems in contacting microsoft but in doing so
> will loose one of my precious instances or they'll charge me handsomely
for
> the help.
>
> Regards,
> Sanket
>
> "John O'Donnell" wrote:
>
> > All
> >
> > Microsoft has a tool that can rebuild your CRM crystal database. I
cannot
> > send this out to you. Instead you must contact Microsoft CRM support to
> > obtain the software and intructions on how to use it.
> >
> > --
> > John O'Donnell
> > Microsoft CRM MVP
> > http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx
> >

> > "Sanket" <Sanket@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi Chris,
> > > I am facing the excatly same problem you are facing.
> > > If you obtain a fix from microsoft then can u please tell me how i can
fix
> > > the problem at my end.
> > > I would really appreciate it.
> > > Thanx.
> > > Regards,
> > > Sanket

> > http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx

> > message

> > similar)

0
John
9/12/2004 6:04:56 PM
John

Having a similar issue here.  Rang MS and they had no idea what I was
talking about.  Do you have a KB number or the name of the utility or at
least a linbk I can redirect the support people to?  This might help a little.

Cheers

CRM 3.0 Implementation

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

CSV File Problem