problem when entering manually a record in the CRM tables

Why when I enter manually (via SQL Studio Management) a record in  the tables
(base, extension) that represent an entity in a CRM, I can see this record
via the CRM Interface.
Any idea about this issue?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Microsoft recommends that you do not enter data directly into the SQL tables
for CRM. This is unsupported.
--
Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

"Ahmed Maaloul" wrote:

> Why when I enter manually (via SQL Studio Management) a record in  the tables
> (base, extension) that represent an entity in a CRM, I can see this record
> via the CRM Interface.
> Any idea about this issue?
Ok, But I have data that I must migrate to a custom entity in CRM which is
not supported by the DMF
So what's the solution?

"MattNC" wrote:

> Microsoft recommends that you do not enter data directly into the SQL tables
> for CRM. This is unsupported.
> --
> Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
> http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
>

> "Ahmed Maaloul" wrote:
>
> > Why when I enter manually (via SQL Studio Management) a record in  the tables
> > (base, extension) that represent an entity in a CRM, I can see this record
> > via the CRM Interface.
> > Any idea about this issue?
Are you using the SDK to create an import utility? There is info in there
about how to properly code custom applications you can use to import data.
Also there are third party applications like the one available from Scribe
(www.scribesoft.com)
--
Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

"Ahmed Maaloul" wrote:

> Ok, But I have data that I must migrate to a custom entity in CRM which is
> not supported by the DMF
> So what's the solution?
>
> "MattNC" wrote:
>
> > Microsoft recommends that you do not enter data directly into the SQL tables
> > for CRM. This is unsupported.
> > --
> > Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
> > http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
> >

> > "Ahmed Maaloul" wrote:
> >
> > > Why when I enter manually (via SQL Studio Management) a record in  the tables
> > > (base, extension) that represent an entity in a CRM, I can see this record
> > > via the CRM Interface.
> > > Any idea about this issue?
I think that this link is commercial?

"MattNC" wrote:

> Are you using the SDK to create an import utility? There is info in there
> about how to properly code custom applications you can use to import data.
> Also there are third party applications like the one available from Scribe
> (www.scribesoft.com)
> --
> Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
> http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
>

> "Ahmed Maaloul" wrote:
>
> > Ok, But I have data that I must migrate to a custom entity in CRM which is
> > not supported by the DMF
> > So what's the solution?
> >
> > "MattNC" wrote:
> >
> > > Microsoft recommends that you do not enter data directly into the SQL tables
> > > for CRM. This is unsupported.
> > > --
> > > Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
> > > http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

That is a link to a commercial website, but their tool for migrating data
into CRM from external sources is an excellent one if you are not
interested/capable of creating your own import tool.
--
Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

"Ahmed Maaloul" wrote:

> I think that this link is commercial?
>
> "MattNC" wrote:
>
> > Are you using the SDK to create an import utility? There is info in there
> > about how to properly code custom applications you can use to import data.
> > Also there are third party applications like the one available from Scribe
> > (www.scribesoft.com)
> > --
> > Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
> > http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
> >

> > "Ahmed Maaloul" wrote:
> >
> > > Ok, But I have data that I must migrate to a custom entity in CRM which is
> > > not supported by the DMF
> > > So what's the solution?

I just began working with small business finance and there is a great
included too to migrate from quickbooks and peachtree, that seemed to work
with most of our data. MS should seriously consider porting that utility to
CRM.

Pat

"MattNC" wrote:

> That is a link to a commercial website, but their tool for migrating data
> into CRM from external sources is an excellent one if you are not
> interested/capable of creating your own import tool.
> --
> Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
> http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
>

> "Ahmed Maaloul" wrote:
>
> > I think that this link is commercial?
> >
> > "MattNC" wrote:
> >
> > > Are you using the SDK to create an import utility? There is info in there
> > > about how to properly code custom applications you can use to import data.
> > > Also there are third party applications like the one available from Scribe
> > > (www.scribesoft.com)
> > > --
> > > Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
> > > http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

Chart Problems
I have a chart with values on the y axis which are sourced from a worksheet and the refresh rate is set by the user. For example, if I take a single data series (for simplification), I can alter its refresh rate along the x axis in a time set by myself linked to the coding. The data is rather volatile and rapid movements appear on the y axis. The series progression is sometimes hard to interpret owing to the volatility. I need to change the progression on the x axis. The data series only progresses about 3mm with each refresh. How can I make it 5mm or 10mm? This would make interpr...

Exchange server delivering to A record instead of MX record
My company has another division that frequently sends us email. They have an Exchange server (v5.0.2195.6713). For the most part, this goes well. Lately, they have problems sending to our domain. In troubleshooting this, it looks like the Exchange server is occasionally sending to the A record instead of the MX record. I'm guessing it tries to get the MX record first, times out, then tries to get the A record and is successful. The problem is the A record for my company's domain points to the webserver, which is on a completely different machine from the mail server. How can I make ...

Form will not display a new record
I am having a problem with one of my forms: I have 3 forms, each has an underlying table: Security (Main form), Visitors and Vehicle Registration. The Visitor form is a subform on the Security form. Vehicle Registration opens by a command button on the Security form. The primary key is the Space No. on the Security table. The primary key is the Autonumber on both the Visitor and Vehicle Registration table. The Visitor table and Vehicle Registration table are linked to the Security table by the space no. The Visitors form and underlying table work properly. The Vehicle Registration form i...

Excel 2003 - VBA
I have been using Macro Recording as a means of creating and understanding macros. Now when I want to add a function to a macro I record a separate macro, then edit it into my existing macro. Is there a way to start record steps within a macro already created. Thanks, Craig Craig, Older versions (how old?) of Excel had the record at mark capability. You could record a new macro starting at specific position in an existing macro. Excel was then "improved" and that feature eliminated. -- Jim Cone San Francisco, USA http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware (Excel Add-ins...

4 way postcard, right side print problems
I selected the 4 cards per sheet option. the 2 left side cards are perfect, the 2 right side cards cut the far right edge off in print preview and in actual print. I'm using Publisher 2003. thanks, seuss This is a limitation of your printer margins. Determine what your printer margins are and create your postcards, both left and right within that margin if you want them to all look the same. Tutorial: Finding your Maximum Print Area http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/horidiag -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft...

initial install CRM message
Trying to install CRM 1.2 for first time. Receive message "You must be a member of Domain Admin's group. Make sure computer is joined to domain and you are logged on to domain admin account". Installing on Server 2003 , using administrators account and on server. Other prerequisites such as SQL etc install with no problems. What am I not doing properly? Rich Glushkoff Rich, Is this server a member of a domain or a stand-alone? Is the Windows domain in "Native" mode? Stephen "Rich Glushkoff" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

CRM Deployment Manager
Hi, After a number of trial installs and fine tuning of my installation process I have finally install CRM 3.0 on our live server. The installation went without a hitch. No prereq' problems and no errors during install. I rebooted the server, ran through the CRM SBS Edition Config Wiard to find that it couldn't apply the changes to the server. OK I thought, perhaps my user (administrator) needs adding to the user list so I launched the CRM Deployment Manager on to get the following error: The server http://CRM/MSCRMService/ is not responding. This might happen if it is curre...

Entering name in To: Field
When I enter a name in the To, or CC, or Bcc field, Outlook 2002 automatically provides a list of individuals who I have previouslly sent a msg to (I believe this is either the autocomplete or autoresolution function at play). Is there a way I can inactivate this feature, or delete an address that pops up that is no longer valid? Thanks, Hi, in Outlook 2002, select Tools> Options> Preferences (tab)> Email Options(button)> Advanced Email Options (button)> ... and deselect "Suggest names while completing To, Cc and Bcc fields". That might do it. Trish Vancouver ...

Problem creating contract in MS CRM 3
Hi, For the development for a customer a connection must be made between an administration program and MS CRM 3. >From the administration program I receive xml that I can easily parse. >From that XML I have to create accounts, resellers (new entity I created), contracts and contractdetails. Creating the accounts and resellers works well. I used DynamicEntity for this, because I declare the mapping of the fields in a seperate XML file. When I try to create contracts, I receive the following Exception: {System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ...

Display multiple records from same ControlSource
I am trying to display multiple records in one text box on a report. I can get it to work if I put the text box in the "Details" section of the report, but I need it to be displayed at the bottom of the report. Is there a way to move the "Details" Section to the bottom of the report? Is there a way to get more than one resord to be displayed in one text box? Thanks like always for the help... -H- Hello "H". "SummitSeeker" wrote: > I am trying to display multiple records in one text box on a report. > I can get it to work ...

How do you remove an eft record from the eft file generation
Wrong vendor used for invoice and eft. After discover both invoice and payment were voided. The invoice was re-entered using the correct vendor code and payment was made by manual check. The eft record is still in the file gereation, how do I correctly remove the record - keeping in mind I need a paper trail for the auditors. Can you just delete it from the ACH file, adjust the totals, and write a memo? -- Leslie Vail, CPA, MCT, MVP MCBSP-Application for Microsoft Dynamics GP MCBSP-Installation and Configuration for Microsoft Dynamics GP cell: 972-814-8550 fax: 972-692-7472 &qu...

Outlook2002 snych problem
I havelooked error on microsoft site but to no avail have i corrected problem. trying to synch outlook 2002 to my offline folder hit F9 and get the follow error. I have change macro security to medium, i know there is a limit for offline synch but i'm not even close.....appreciate the help..your fried boritech1 Task "Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x00040820): Error in background synchronization" Do you have a Synch Issues folder in your Folder List that you can open to troubleshoot? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://w...

Can't merge in Publisher. Unable to add <<Next Record>> field.
Hello, I am trying to merge mailing addresses onto postcards laid out in Publisher. There are two 5.5" x 8.5" cards on the page and I can add merge fields to successfully get addresses onto the cards, but the two cards always have the same address...I need the <<Next Record>> field, but it isn't available in Publisher like it is in Word. Any suggestions? Thx, Drew - Please email me at drew@tateproperty.ocm Are you looking at print preview? This is a bug in the Publisher program. Other wise, to merge you can only have one card on your screen for the merge to ...

Pivot Table result isn't displaying all the data that it should
I have a pivot table that I use to list invoices paid on a certain date. I fill in this field in the spreadsheet, refresh the pivot table and select the date I want from the dropdown list but it doesn't always list all the invoices. Then I'll refresh it again and it displays an extra invoice or two but not all the ones it should. I've verified that I entered all the info correctly and try to refresh multiple times but it doesn't display all the data. If I delete the pivot table and recreate it then it finds all the invoices. Later, it happens again. Has this happen...

Not allowing duplicates to be entered in a column
I am trying to ensure that users entering data into an Excel workshee only enter unique values in a particular column (values provide earlier in the column cannot be duplicated). Does anyone know a effective way to approach this requirement -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Check out http://cpearson.com/excel/NoDupEntry.htm In article <blstamps.156mte@excelforum-nospam.com>, blstamps <<blstamps.156mte@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: > I am trying to ensure that users entering data into an Excel worksheet > only enter unique values in a particul...

Recipient Sync problem
Hi, I have about 12 Exchange 5.5 servers cross the WAN. I have created a test mailbox on server A, but I cannot see the new mailbox in the global recipients container when I connected to 4 servers. I have created another test mailbox on server B, then I can see it in global recipients container when I connected to all the servers. I did IS/DS consistency, CKC, manually updated directory the problems remained. What could be wrong? How to fix it? Thanks Are all these servers in the same site? If not...you need to setup a directory replication connector between the sites. Good luck...

CStatic and painting problems : bis
Hi, I am rewriting a very simple CStatic derived control when I can display a bitmap that fits the control so I started with the code below : The problem is I cannot see my text or my bitmap in function I declare one before the other. It seems I am mixing some DC but I cannot find where // CxStatic.cpp : implementation file // #include "stdafx.h" #include "TestCxStatic.h" #include "CxStatic.h" // CxStatic IMPLEMENT_DYNAMIC(CxStatic, CStatic) CxStatic::CxStatic():CStatic(), m_hBitmap(NULL) { m_eImgMode = FitControl; m_pFont = NULL; m_clrText = :...

Can't Install IBF for MS CRM
Dear All I just Install Microsoft.InformationBridge.Framework.Server1.0.msi and Microsoft.InformationBridge.Framework.Client1.0.msi on My CRM Server v.1.2(Windows 2003) and config permission for network service on temp folder and file. After that i tried to installed MOIBF1.0_Solution_CRM1.0.msi on my CRM Server. when i published metabase and clicked next button.it seem to install IBF for MS CRM but after 15 sec. it show error message box "Error : 28000 contact System Administrator". What can i do ? Thank a lot PS. sorry for my terrible Writing. -_-' louiz: Look in the Re...

Follow up to july23 manual download query
on july 23 asked: After July 19th update bank account institution no longer listed. Followed instuctions for update to work for Money 2007 with this and other accounts other institutions that did not show password text box. Since the one bank was no longer listed tried to manually download statement from using OFX file. File downloaded and text box appeared as usual stating file import complete, but file did not update in account register and no register review shown on money home page. Repeated several times with no success. Other accounts with institution listed by Money work properl...

Excel import problems
How do you get Excel 2003 to import more han 16,351 lines ...

tracking from a query to a table
I have a table that contains codes for our distance learning classes. Our state is getting ready to make a massive change to these codes. I know I have queries that support reports and forms based on these codes. Is there a way to track from the table to each query, form, or report that the codes is used? Any help here will really save me a lot of hours tracking this stuff down or waiting until something breaks. Thanks Jacqueline On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 15:24:01 -0800, Jacqueline <Jacqueline@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a table that contains codes for...

Problem with running Office:Mac 2008 Installer
I'm curious about what gets installed by the Office 2008 Special Media Edition installer AFTER it runs the installer script near the end that puts icons of the applications in the Dock. My Office Mac 2008 installer crashed viciously at that point and took out the Finder with it so I had to do a hard restart to get my computer running again. (2.8 GHz Intel iMac, Tiger 10.4.11). I don't want to do a complete re-install of Office 2008 but I'm wondering if anything important might be missing. The applications all seem to work OK. When I installed Office: mac 2008, I got an error messa...

Access to MS CRM data by non-licensed users
What is the best way for a non-licensed user to access MS CRM data? Has anyone from Microsoft ever stated that you can access the MS CRM SQL database directly with a SELECT statement and not break the licence agreement? Can anyone copy the MS CRM data into another database and access that data without a license? Can anyone use the MS CRM filtered views to either access the MS CRM database directly or to make copies of the data? Has anyone written an MS CRM add-on application that pass the certification test which directly reads MS CRM data? If the MS CRM license is only for the software, ...

Pivot Tables
I have external data comming in from a database, when i alter the data the pivot table still shows row selections from the old data as well as the new, is there any way to reset the list without removing and adding back in the table. I cant find where in the spreadsheet it stores this information. Steve There are instructions here for clearing old items from the dropdown lists: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot04.html Steve wrote: > I have external data comming in from a database, when i alter the data the > pivot table still shows row selections from the old data as well ...

CRM licenses order
I recently ordered some extra licenses for our CRM system, and our reseller dragged their feet throughout the whole process. The last thing they did was give me this "Microsoft Open License Order Confirmationi", and it has license and authorization numbers, and was told that I would shortly receive a link to where I can enter this and get my new CRM keys......... I really can't wait any longer for these people, so do any MS Partners out there know this site where I can finish this up? thx, Gary https://mbs.microsoft.com/mbsregistration/ChooseRelationship.aspx &quo...