Problem installing MSCRM 1.2

I am having a problem installing MSCRM 1.2.

I am trying to use the Adventure Works Cycle option. My configuration
consists of a Domain Controller running Win 2003 Server Std. I am trying to
install MSCRM on a member of the domain running Windows 2000 Server SP4.
There is a DNS Server on the DC which is integrated with AD, and a SQL
Server 2000 running on the Win 2K machine.

The install errors out when it is configuring ASP.NET with the message:

Setup was unable to install Microsoft CRM Server.
Setup was unable to provision your organization.
Setup was unable to create the root business.

I have tried the install twice -- once running under a DC Account (separate
from the one that I was logged in under) and once running under the local
system account. After the first unsuccessful install I removed the app
completely as per the instructions in TechKnowledge Article 30877 (which I
now can do in my sleep). I restarted the Win 2K box after removing the first
CRM.

Any ideas?

TIA

Helen


0
Helen
12/15/2003 9:44:42 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

2 Replies
583 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 22

Helen,
I have the exact same issue.  Were you able to find a resolution?
Thanks,
Frank

"Helen Warn" <hwarn@shaw.ca> wrote in message
news:%237AgFS1wDHA.2712@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> I am having a problem installing MSCRM 1.2.
>
> I am trying to use the Adventure Works Cycle option. My configuration
> consists of a Domain Controller running Win 2003 Server Std. I am trying
to
> install MSCRM on a member of the domain running Windows 2000 Server SP4.
> There is a DNS Server on the DC which is integrated with AD, and a SQL
> Server 2000 running on the Win 2K machine.
>
> The install errors out when it is configuring ASP.NET with the message:
>
> Setup was unable to install Microsoft CRM Server.
> Setup was unable to provision your organization.
> Setup was unable to create the root business.
>
> I have tried the install twice -- once running under a DC Account
(separate
> from the one that I was logged in under) and once running under the local
> system account. After the first unsuccessful install I removed the app
> completely as per the instructions in TechKnowledge Article 30877 (which I
> now can do in my sleep). I restarted the Win 2K box after removing the
first
> CRM.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> TIA
>
> Helen
>
>


0
Frank
12/18/2003 6:18:41 PM
Hi Helen & Frank,

I encountered the same error. 
Did you find a solution for this problem?

Regards,
Ralf


On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 13:18:41 -0500, "Frank G. Torres"
<ftorres@nospam.originone.com> wrote:

>Helen,
>I have the exact same issue.  Were you able to find a resolution?
>Thanks,
>Frank
>
>"Helen Warn" <hwarn@shaw.ca> wrote in message
>news:%237AgFS1wDHA.2712@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>> I am having a problem installing MSCRM 1.2.
>>
>> I am trying to use the Adventure Works Cycle option. My configuration
>> consists of a Domain Controller running Win 2003 Server Std. I am trying
>to
>> install MSCRM on a member of the domain running Windows 2000 Server SP4.
>> There is a DNS Server on the DC which is integrated with AD, and a SQL
>> Server 2000 running on the Win 2K machine.
>>
>> The install errors out when it is configuring ASP.NET with the message:
>>
>> Setup was unable to install Microsoft CRM Server.
>> Setup was unable to provision your organization.
>> Setup was unable to create the root business.
>>
>> I have tried the install twice -- once running under a DC Account
>(separate
>> from the one that I was logged in under) and once running under the local
>> system account. After the first unsuccessful install I removed the app
>> completely as per the instructions in TechKnowledge Article 30877 (which I
>> now can do in my sleep). I restarted the Win 2K box after removing the
>first
>> CRM.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Helen
>>
>>
>

0
Ralf
1/12/2004 5:28:18 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Here is fix for Windows file problems
If you have installed a Windows update and started having problems opening, closing, copying files, see: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc&mid=1fe358b1-c8eb-4217-ad2a-4b9fcf741916 A better solution is offered at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918165 "Problems in Windows Explorer or the Windows shell after you install security update MS06-015". Patricia Shannon wrote: > If you have installed a Windows update and started having problems opening, > closing, copying files, see: > > http://ww...

Problem with CFTPConnection
Hi I've an application that connects to an FTP Server and uploads a big directory (size over 500 MB). Now what happens is that after sometime the application stops uploading files and stays idle. The FTP server connection timeout value is set to 2 minutes. So the server seeing the connection idle for two seconds, disconnect the session and no more file is uploaded. On debugging I found out that after some time CFTPConnection.PutFile() method hangs on some random file and stays like that for 5 minutes (default send timeout value of CFTPSession). During this time the server connection timeo...

Excel 97 Win XP calc problem?
I have a machine running office 97 and Win XP. I have seen posts stating it runs fine, but I don't know how man people use spreadsheets that require a hard calculation: Excel will not force a calculation. i.e. ctrl-alt-f9 does not cause full workbook calculation as required. Meaning cells do not update and it doesn't calculate unless you clic in the cell to edit and hit enter. neither does the "Calc Now" button. Auto or manual calculation mode has no effect. Anybody else have this problem -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Make sure that both the SR1 a...

Re-install Outlook 2002
I am trying to re-install Outlook 2002 for my palm pilot after a crash. The installation will run until I get the message - "another version is already installed and must be uninstalled". The previous version was corrupt and I was unable to uninstall it. Now when I go into the control panel to add/remove the uninstall is no longer in the listed. Help! ...

How do I get Powerpoint 2003 fade in 1 by 1 in 2007
I frequently used the 'fade in one by one' feature in Powerpoint 2003, which allowed me to fade in individual bullet points by way of a click of a mouse. Not only is this feature now not standard in 2007, but I can't work out how to create it: anything that I find, tends, instead, to fade the bullet points in on some kind of automatic time schedule, rather than - as I want - on a mouse click. I want only to use text, no sounds, no pictures, and nothing fancy. Currently, I am reduced to copying my material into an old Powerpoint 2003 presentation, but this is silly....

CRM Outlook Client Configuration Wizard Problem
CRM 4.0 - Microsoft Outlook Client Guys, We've Microsoft CRM 4.0 Server roll up 8 as well as CRM Outlook Client on the same roll up version. Our Internal Web Access works without problems users get to it and they're automatically authenticated. IFD Development is the same way except they're prompt through a login page for their username and password when they're coming from an external network. Ever since we moved to a new facility users are experiencing problems connecting to CRM using their outlook client, I have a test machine where I have the CRM Outlook Client ins...

Outlook 2007 Install gone wrong
We recently switched e-mail hosts and I successfully (mostly) switched over my company's accounts from a POP server to our new IMAP server. But I'm trying to set up one more account and am running into issues. I put in all the same settings as for our other accounts, but it won't allow me to create or copy any sub-folders into the InBox folder for this account (it tells me it cannot and this is "probably due to a limitation of your imap server")...but I can do so for the other accounts on the same server. Also, when I try to view the Imap Folders, it says "The...

Multiple domains on one Exchange server / All but one domain shows up as spam #2
I am sorry if this is on the board somewhere but I have been searching forever and havn't found a hint yet. I have multiple domains setup on my exchange server. Lets say abc.com, def.com, and hij.com. We only send email with @abc.com but can receive from any domain name. Recently we merged with another company and we brought back their email to our server, lets say xyz.com. Now I configured a new recipient on Exchange 2003, so I now have two policies. The first policy has the three original domains in it with @abc.com as the primary domain. In the second policy I have configured xyz.com t...

VB Macro #2
I have a macro that is generating Excel files. When the macro runs, it saves two different tabs in the workbooks as values. It needs to test and wait until the formulas that are pulling amounts from another database are correctly populated with the amounts. Right now, I am getting N/A# instead of amounts for some, but not all, of the files. I think the problem is that the formulas have not completed pulling the amounts before the macro pastes that tab as zeros. (N/A# is what appears when the formulas have not completed calculating - once they have completed, the N/A# is replaced ...

VCR to DVD Part 2
Many thanks for previous answers. Yes, finalizing the DVD worked I found that DVD-R need finalizing but DVD+RW disks do not But why was I able to play the unfinalized DVD-R on one machine and not on two others. What was special about the first PC? -- www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme Bernard Liengme wrote: > Yes, finalizing the DVD worked > I found that DVD-R need finalizing but DVD+RW disks do not > But why was I able to play the unfinalized DVD-R on one machine and not on > two others. > What was special about the first PC? Almost anything will play a finalised D...

Office installation and Windows 7
I got a new computer today with Windows7. It is a 64bit system where I had 32 before. I tried to install my Office Professional 2007 and it would not install. I got a message that Microsoft would check the problem and get back to me, then another message that the program was shutting down. I am in school and really need my Office. Is there a way around this so that I can get it installed? -- Linda Doesnt make any difference, 64 / 32 bit. Does your new PC have a Trial Version of Office & Activation Assistant that you failed to uninstall first, then rebooted? "Linda...

Problem with Update function of CRecordSet class
Hi All When I use from Update function of CRecordSet class, it apply to table after a few time(for example 1 second) when I need to see it at time. Thanks ...

OL2002 Problem : HELP, SOS, MAYDAY
Hi, I have an IMAP account and OL2002 as client. I have checked for my account ( tools, send/receive settings, define send/receive groups, <my_account>, edit) download item description only. It works only the first time I start OL2002, but it does not work anymore for subsequent automatic/manual send/receive operations. Please could someone really help me ? Thank you in advance, Patrick ...

140 MB file went to 5.08 MB after editting 1 table
Hello All - I need some ACCESS insight...please... Several years ago, I built an access db to track my business scheduling and accounts payable/receivable. So this database is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT TO ME. The file has grown to 140 MB. Today I made a copy of the file and then edited my calendar table. I removed all columns which had 2006 data (72 totals columns) - the table had about 144 columns originally. I then added 72 columns with 2008 headers. These columns are now blank since I have not added any 2008 data yet. Afterwards, I looked around and everything looks good - my 2007 data is the...

set print area #2
Where is the "set print area" button in Excel 2002 that was in Excel '97? =?Utf-8?B?Q2Fyb2wgTWM=?= wrote > Where is the "set print area" button in Excel 2002 that was in Excel '97? > Are you sure it was "standard"? Only way I could get in was to right-click the toolbar|Customise and drag it to the toolbar from Commands|File -- David ...

request to solve my problem #5
hello friends this is vijay,i got a problem while doing my project based on vc++ (i.e)"How to implement Fit Window feature in VC++6.0 in an MDI Application" if any of you got any idea about that please do reply me with the proceedure.i will be waiting for your reply bye with regards vijayprasadreddy ...

Excel. I am having a problem with hidden text
As I type text in some cells, it does not always dispaly if it exceeds the cell length. I wish to keep the cell lenghts for the entire document, but do wish for teh text in that particular row to be displayed. How about if you select that cell, then format|cells|alignment tab|check wrap text And with that row selected format|row|autofit SHR77 wrote: > > As I type text in some cells, it does not always dispaly if it exceeds the > cell length. I wish to keep the cell lenghts for the entire document, but do > wish for teh text in that particular row to be displayed. -- Da...

Problem with macro assigned to custom toolbar button
Problem with macro assigned to custom toolbar button I am having a probelm with macros assigned to a custom button on custom button. I am using excel 2000. 1. I have created a macro called "Jump" in a workbook named "Test1" 2. I then created a custom toolbar and added a custom toolbar button t that toolbar. 3. Through the customize dialog box I assign the Macro "Jump" to th custom button. Everything works fine UNTIL. If I do a SAVE AS for the workbook "Test1" and call it something els like "Test2" and then close "Test2" an...

OEM publisher 2002 Sp1-2
I have the OEM version of Publisher 2002 and cannot find the Export as web page under File. Is there a way I can get that feature with a standalone disk? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Chicagogal <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I have the OEM version of Publisher 2002 and cannot find the Export > as web page under File. Is there a way I can get that feature with a > standalone disk? The OEM version of Publisher is exactly the same as the release in every way but the license, so the standalone version will be no differen...

GP SP#2 hangs with sa and Collections Issue
I just installed 8.0 SP#2 (ran the script that it says to run cuz we had upgraded from previous version to remove dups in smartlist tables) and when I log into GP as sa, it hangs and CPU sits at 100%. When I was able to log in previously to SP#2, I constantly received errors about the CN_Collector_MAIN table with invalid column names etc. I've deleted the table, then re-ran the create tables, but it keeps coming back with this error. I've even gone into file > maintenance > sql and deleted and recreated the table, but then get "number of results doesn't match ...

Installed Font does not display in Word 2007
Only 6 of of 8 recently installed TTF fonts will display in Word 2007 Are the missing ones variants like Italic or Bold? On Dec 25, 1:28=A0pm, GWHA <G...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Only 6 of of 8 recently installed TTF fonts will display in Word 2007 ...

Install ActiveX on Windows XP / IE8
Hi, I created a non-admin installation package to take advantage of the new IE8 features to deploy my ActiveX control. It works perfectly on Windows Vista+ but not on Windows XP (the yellow bar is never displayed). Here is the content of my INF file: [version] signature="$CHICAGO$" AdvancedINF=2.0 [Add.Code] DbCtrlEx.ocx=DbCtrlEx.ocx [Deployment] InstallScope=user [DbCtrlEx.ocx] file-win32-x86=thiscab clsid={97012969-FEFB-4F8F-A03C-67F83D139E8F} RegisterServer=yes FileVersion=1,0,0,1 RedirectToHKCU=yes If I remove the Deployment section it works...

How can I print on 8 1/2"x17" paper?
I have cut down an 11x17 paper to 8 1/2" x 17". I cannot figure out how to change the paper size to accept and print anything bigger than 14." any suggestions would be greatly appreciated First make the size settings in the Printer Setup. You may need to use the Custom selection. -- Don Vancouver, USA "mickilena" <mickilena@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1AD99AFE-7FE7-4A07-9D20-1B1AFF9856BD@microsoft.com... >I have cut down an 11x17 paper to 8 1/2" x 17". I cannot figure out how to > change the paper size to accept a...

Changing ip address of exchange server #2
Hi, I have a back-end server and a smtp server in DMZ. I want to change ip address of back-end server. are there any issues? all incoming and outgoing emails are going via smart host. Hi, No issues at all as long as you remember to change all the references to this server in your firewall, SMTP scanner etc. Leif "Jack Dorson" <JackDorson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE5927A1-D20D-4C6B-991F-2E1EFD19434D@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have a back-end server and a smtp server in DMZ. > > I want to change ip address of back-end server. are ...

Install that important pack from the Microsoft Corp.
--xzkkhdmcbxymiaud Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="vaccmkjzdr"; type="multipart/alternative" --vaccmkjzdr Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="ggmepcujya" --ggmepcujya Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help maintain the security of your computer from these vulnera...