Problem in Setting up CRM server

Hi

We are trying to install CRM server. but we getting following error message
and we don't know the reason for this.

Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.GrantDatabaseAccessAction failed. --->
Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.SetupException: Setup could not complete this
action. This might be due to the fact that there are multiple Domain
Controllers and they have not replicated new Microsoft CRM information yet.
If this is the case you have several options: 1. Go to the domain controller
and manually force synchronization. 2.  Wait 15 minutes (typically) until
the domain controller synchronizes automatically. 3. Click Retry a few times
until Setup finds a different domain controller that has the Microsoft CRM
information. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Windows NT user or
group 'DEVFOUNDRYCRM\SQLAccessGroup {f88103ca-b3f1-4405-bc07-ed5261e75bc3}'
not found. Check the name again.

To add here, we installed SQL server using local administrator when we first
try to install CRM server
then we changed login to administrator of domain for MSSQLServer service but
still we are getting same problem.

Thanks in advance

Lalit Bhatia

0
Lalit
12/5/2006 4:09:40 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

One more thing  I want to add here is 'DEVFOUNDRYCRM\SQLAccessGroup
{f88103ca-b3f1-4405-bc07-ed5261e75bc3}' group is defined and it was created
by CRM setup only.

Lalit Bhatia

0
Lalit

Problems with public folders #2
I am having two problems which may or may not be related. 1) In System Manager when I try to view or work with the public folder tree, I get the following error "The token supplied to the function is invalid", ID no:80090308. I cannot see any public folders or manage them at all after that. 2) Whenever anyone clicks on send/receive in outlook 2003, they get the following error "Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F):'The operation failed. An object could not be found.'" Does anyone have an idea of what the problem is for either...

Exporting Custom Security Roles CRM 4.0
Is there any way of exporting custom security roles in CRM 4.0? It appears only the OOB Security Roles are 'exportable'. It only makes sense that customized ones could be exported. I don't have any problems exporting custom security roles. Aren't they listed in the export customizations list? -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP CRM Blog: http://www.stunnware.com/?area=blog ---------------------------------------------------------- "Kraig" <kraigr3@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:9737235c-b921-4d9b-902b-6f5056525fd7@c65g2000hsa.googlegroup...

New Server
I currently have Exchange 2000 on an older server (Windows 2000). I also have Exchange 2003 on a 1 year old server (windows 2003). I've recently purchased a new server to replace the old server (windows 2000) with (windows 2003). I have moved everything off the older server except exchange. I can actually power the machine down and have no problems running the two newer servers. However, I would like to install Exchange 2003 on the newest server so that we have a backup exchange server. Can I just bring down the oldest server, bring it off the network, and remove it with no problem...

Mailbox on Exchange Front-End Server
Can you create a mailbox on an Exchange 2003 Front-End Server? When you make Exchange a FE server, it then assumes all internet protocols are to be proxied to the BE servers. It can't proxy to itself. If you put mailboxes on it, only MAPI connections could reach them. Depending on your deployment, there may be security implications of allowing that. Can you? I think so. Should you? Probably not. William "John Blake" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19f8501c44d87$e00c6950$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Can you create a mailbox on an Exchange 20...

Set field focus in a subroutine
In Access 2003 (Windows XP) I am passing the value of a field in a textbox on a form to a subroutine to validate that the date value is within a range. If the date is out of range I would like to set the focus of the field on the form and display an error message. When I pass in the field to the subroutine, I get a compile error "Invalid qualifier" when I try to set focus to the date field. How can I set the focus to the field within the subroutine. Here is the subrotuine code: Public Sub CheckDates(date1 As Date) If Not IsNull(date1) And date1 < [Forms]![frmMR...

VB: using a string to set a range object?
I'm a bit new to the excel "range" object type. I was suprised to see that while I can do: dim chunk as Range chunk = .Range(A5:B6) I apparently cannot do: dim chunk as Range dim stuff as string string = "A5:B6" chunk= .Range(string) How can I concatenate up a string describing a range, and then use it to define a range object's target cells? - Ross. Oops, I meant chunk = .Range("A5:B6") in the first example - I forgot the quotes. R. "RGK" <nothanks@nospam.go> wrote in message news:RqydnSWzbu_OEZbeRVn-2A@...

Problem in Setting up CRM server
Hi We are trying to install CRM server. but we getting following error message and we don't know the reason for this. Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.GrantDatabaseAccessAction failed. ---> Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.SetupException: Setup could not complete this action. This might be due to the fact that there are multiple Domain Controllers and they have not replicated new Microsoft CRM information yet. If this is the case you have several options: 1. Go to the domain controller and manually force synchronization. 2. Wait 15 minutes (typically) until the domain controller synchron...

Problems with address books
I've had to re-install outlook '97 a couple of times to sort out some problems. Now I find that contacts isn't the default mail list. That's to say when I want to send an email the list of people is from an old address book and not from the contact list I have in front of me! How do I make sure that when I want to send an email or fax that I'm presented with a choice from my contact list? How can I safely delete the old address books which are now a waste of space? Peter ...

Money '04
I'm trying to use the 'Money Browser' w/in MSN Money 2004 and get "Page Cannot Be Displayed" or sometimes "Action Cancelled", but I can surf the web just fine with my cable modem...what's up with that? I've read on this forum that other users are having difficulties w/ this particular issue, any resolution would be helpful. I've tried: regsvr32 msxml3.dll in start|run also have un-installed and re-installed cookies enabled ...

Can CRM 4.0 professional run on Windows SBS 2003?
CRM 3.0 shipped in two flavours: CRM 3.0 for Small Business Server, and CRM 3.0 professional. Apparently, CRM 4.0 doesn't come in a "for Small Business Server". Instead, it ships as "professional" and "enterpriese" editions. Has anyone tried running CRM 4.0 on Windows Small Business Server 2003? Andy Hi, I'm running CRM 4.0 workgroup on SBS 2003 R2, didnt have any problems yet. As long as you have your ReportServices right during installation, you should be fine. Alex "Andy" wrote: > CRM 3.0 shipped in two flavours: CRM 3.0 for Smal...

server information
i am unable to send messages and have no idea how to change server details can somone help please ? "wildcat2008@live.co.uk" <wildcat2008@live.co.uk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0630BEAC-0EB1-4450-B3EA-C94EB76EE018@microsoft.com... >i am unable to send messages and have no idea how to change server details > can somone help please ? Who is your mail provider and or ISP? Give us the error message generated when sending fails. -- Regards Steve. MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK. http://www.getsafeonline.org/ It isn't clear to me wh...

Carry on with Windows Server install
I am starting to like the 2008 server series. Question about the REmote Desktop : How does the licensing work? We might need 2 additional clients. -- Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist rising! http://twitter.com/rootnl2k http://www.myspace.com/502748630 Born 29 Jan 1969 Redhill,Surrey,England UK Hello The, There is no change as before, as far as i know, 2 administrative connections and if you need more you have to buy TS CALs and install a TS licensing ser...

how to open port in windows server 2003
hi , i have an exchange server 2003(sp1) with windows server 2003 (sp1) the scenarion is like that my mails are going out side through SMTP filter which is installed on another machine in this software the only port 25 is open, internaly my mails are working fine and i can also receive mails from another domain like hotmail and yahoo , but problem i am facing is that from out side of my network means if i want to check my mails from my home i am facing the problem is that i can send mail but can not receivce mail this happend because i am using smtp protocol for sending mails and pop3 ...

Web services stop after rebooting server
Every month when I go to patch my Windows 2000 Server I have issues with the WWW service stopping every 5-10 minutes. Eventually after a day or so this goes away and all is well. This has happened since we went to v3. Any thoughts? EventType : crmmanaged P1 : 3.0.5300.0 P2 : aspnet_wp P3 : microsoft.crm P4 : there is an error in xml document (1_ 970).;hash='-493497873' ...

Rules in Error
When I open Outlook 2002 I receive a dialogue box which states Rules in Error - Server Requested Client Action MoveCopy, Unable to create dest msg. I don't know where this came from. Thanks for the help in advance. ...

Any one have crm 3.0 installation and config certification dumps ,
Hi Folks , If Any one have crm 3.0 installation and config certification dumps , Please post it or send to krishna.919ATgmail.com=20 Thanks=20 Kris=20 Reply =BB Are you refering to this? CRM 3.0 90 Days trial http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=7d418781-69ad-422d-92fa-87fdb2538e2c&DisplayLang=en <krishna.919@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1150431561.738912.313120@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... Hi Folks , If Any one have crm 3.0 installation and config certification dumps , Please post it or send to krishna.919ATgmail.com Thanks Kris Reply � ...

problems with toolbar-can't access certan commands i.e.hyperlink
can't access some commands - was working fine - now some commands are in grey - the commands disappeared from the pull down in the commands bar. Help magnus wrote: > can't access some commands - was working fine - now some commands are in grey > - the commands disappeared from the pull down in the commands bar. The hyperlink option may only appear when you are creating a Web Publication in certain versions of Publisher. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org Trial version? You may have run out of time. Some pulldowns only work when you are creating a ...

Word problems 2003 and 2007 version
hey everyone both on my main computer and my brothers laptop word isnt working! its so annoying! on my desktop PC i have windows xp and word 2003. after getting a virus which stopped the internet from working i had to do a system restore - which got rid of the virus. but when i click on word it says that "this shortcut only applies to installed products", and when i go to word through program files it says "this product is not installed on this user" - but there is no setup thing i can press - will i need the disc maybe? on my bro's laptop he got the sa...

Using Outlook client for CRM 3.0 in a remote office
I need to set up access to the corporate CRM from several remote offices. All of them have VPN connections (Windows or Checkpoint). What are the steps required to configure remote clients to be able to use CRM features in Outlook. Remote users can connect to CRM through Internet Expolorer. Thanks. Assuming they are connected, the isntallation over a VPN connection should not be any different than a typicaly installation. If the connection is slow though, the first synch & Go Offline process will be noticiably slower though. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "mkatsev"...

Linux Server
hi! peepz!.. i want to upload my webpage made in publisher 2003 in my web server redhat <apache>, is it compatible?... i already tried to upload it but it is too slow. :( publiser put some script that even i cant understand... i cant edit it is there someone else what to do?.. please help. thanks A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from toni <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > hi! peepz!.. i want to upload my webpage made in publisher 2003 in my > web server redhat <apache>, is it compatible?... i already tried to > uploa...

Problem exporting/importing .psf
Hi guys, I searched the community before and couldn't find anything regarding this issue. I am trying to export an Outlook 2000 mailbox from one user account to another. However, when I try and import it, I get the message saying that "Personal Folders "Properties for this information service must be defined prior to use". I have looked up solutions for this and they say to make sure its not read only. I tried this and it doesnt work, its currently NOT read only. Please note: This is a computer where the Outlook folder source for the export is on a user account no...

Exchange server recovery
I am running 2 exchange servers in a Windows 2000 AD domain. My 2nd Exchange server has failed and Dell is sending a replacement server. I know that I can run setup and use the /disasterrecovery switch to reinstall Exchange on this new box. My question is: how do I install the replacement server into the domain with the domain already having a server by that name? In other words Poly_ethylene has failed and when I get its replacement I will be loading server onto this box and putting it back into the domain using the same name. How can I do this? I have a full bakup of C: and sys...

StretchDIBits problem with 16-bit (65536) colours
hello all, when the color-palette from the windows-desktop (properties) is set to 16-bit (65536), the print preview does not show the bitmaps properly. I guess the ::StretchBlt(...)/::StretchDIBits(...)/::BitBlt(...) don't work properly. the bitmap is divided in 2 parts, the right (1/3 from the bitmap) is put on the left place and the left is displaced to the right. at all the other color-settings there's no problem: 8-bit, 24-bit... any ideas? thanx a lot, tschu. the code: BOOL CDib::Draw(CDC* pDC, CPoint origin, CSize size) { if(m_lpBMIH == NULL) return FALSE; if(m_hPalette !...

Front end server with mail boxes??? can it be done #2
sorry for the late post... i have 50 users "joel" <joelbueno@verizon.net> wrote in news:ehG8e.8669$c93.2155@trnddc08: > sorry for the late post... i have 50 users Why? Are you going to have back-end servers? Regards, -- Arlo Clizer Exchange MVP FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org Archives: http://groups.google.com "joel" <joelbueno@verizon.net> wrote: >sorry for the late post... i have 50 users No. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

how do I set up my email with outlook
I have just installed outlook but I can send emails form outlook, what do I need to set up and to link to yahoo? tokyo gyoza wrote: > I have just installed outlook but I can send emails form outlook, > what do I need to set up and to link to yahoo? You have to pay Yahoo if you want to use it in Outlook (via POP). ...