Problem in Advanced Find

I have added another value in the drop down for activities search and that is
to search in activity body text. It works fine but when ever i combine it
with the criteria to find for last 7 days it got stucked and after a while
gives time out expired message for ADO. I have searched the error on MS
support and according to the solution reseted the timeout value to unlimited
but it didnt work both on unlimited and 1 hour settings. It works fine if i
give it the criteria of 7 days the other way like on or after 15/09/2004
while current date is 22/09/2004.

Can any one know the solution to the problem it will be a lot of help for me
and if it could be made soon as it is the urgent requirement.

Thanks in advance

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Please log Ticket with Microsoft Support. This is a known issue , but
you need to log Ticket to get HotFix.

0
Dignity
10/12/2004 11:15:43 AM
I am experiencing the same problem.Can any one please tell me the
HotFix ID for this.

Desperately need help...

0
rizwan
12/7/2004 7:41:14 AM
I have added the extra field in Advance Search Field using the "xsl"
file realated to Actitivity.
Has any one done such modifications in xsl files and has faced such
problem.

Urgent Help needed....

0
rizwan
12/7/2004 9:57:27 AM
Could you let me know how you added the extra field to be able to search
the body text.

0
hiteshv

Report Writer
I know report writer is not agreat tool and Crystal is an option. However, I would like to achieve this in report writer. I simply want some 'boxes' and 'lines' on my invoice so that the fields 'appear' as if they are in a table. I can get lines and boxes in, but how do I get the box to extend down to the top of my report footer? Have a look at the SOP Blank Invoice for an example. In a graphic report, you can draw a box by adding the top horizontal line to the page or report header and then add vertical lines that start in the same section but are as long a...

Problem Veiwing Reports in CRM 3.0
Hi, I am having problems viewing reports in CRM Webclient. I log on as a standard user click on the report edit the filter and generate the report, and the system says the page cannot be displayed. If i log on as administrator it works, so i am assuming it is a permissions issue. Where and how to i change this so all users can view and generate reports? Any help on this issue would be much appreciated, thanks in advance Hi, Now the administrator cannot view the reports, apart from going to the report server via IP. Any help would be great. "Patrickh" wrote: > Hi, > ...

phone textbox default value problem
I have a phone field and I have a default area code set and when I tab to the field the area code is highlighted and I have to click off of it to enter data. How can I have it so when I tab to the field I can immediatly start typing the phone number after the area code? If the area code is different than the default I figure I could just back space and change it. 90% of the time the default will be correct. I have the input mask as !\(999") "000\-0000;0;_ and the default value as (916), I am leaving the formatting info in because I have to import the data and it has the...

Exchange 2000/2003 Routing Problems
I recently added a new Exchange 2003 server to our 1 server Exchange 2000 org. I am able to send mail from the new Exchange 2003 server to the 2000 server. But when I send to the 2003 server the mail does not go delivered. I am assuming this is a routing issue. How can I troubleshoot this? Should each server be in a seperate routing group and use a routing group connector? They are currently i n the same routing group. Thanks, Forest In case anyone has this problem my STMP connector was setup to use a smart relay. I had to check the box that said attempt local delivery before using...

Find function in a macro
I want to set up a macro that searches a column for a value 'X' and then selects the cell right under the cell that contains 'X'. I have been stumped on this for a few days now and would really really appreciate any sort of help or guidance. Thanks a lot! SK --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Sub Findit() Dim r as Range For Each r in Range("A1:A1000") 'Or whatever yours is If r.Value = "X" Then Range("A" & r.Row+1).Select 'Change A to your column Exit For End If Next End Sub K P.S. You could probably use an...

Outlook 2000 Calendar Find won't work
When I try to use the "Find" command in Outlook 2000 Calendar I get a quick list of results then the screen clears to the "no items found" message. The "Find" command works in all other personal folders. Any idea what the problem is? ...

MIME hdr problems
we send mail from Goldmine application through our exchange smtp server. A few emails are being sent back. The NDR is 5.7.1 but in the header I see this line: x-amavid alert" BAD HEADER MIME error: illegal encoding [base64] for mime type message /rfc822 I appreciate this is not necessarily an exchange issue but hoping someone might know something about this and what I steps i can take to solve it. sandgroper <sandgroper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >we send mail from Goldmine application through our exchange smtp server. A >few emails are being sent back. The NDR...

free/busy problem, again
Sorry to bump this, but I really need to figure this out. Here's the origiinal question, (thanks, EdC for the original response) for clarification, "co-exist" with exchange 5.5 is what the exchange 2003 setup "wizard" that I was running from the CD called it. It walked you through the process in 30 easy steps! Anyway, there is just the one organization with the two servers: I have an exchange 5.5 server, which for various reasons, the schedule+ free/busy folders are gone/corrupted/not working. I set up a new exchange 2003 server in co-exist mode, and moved some...

Problem with installation of Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007
L.S. I have problem with re-installing Microfost Office Enterprise 2007. With the help of Google I discovered that a part of the problem were the remnants of the former installation that didn't show up in the "Software" window, and I removed them using Windows Install Cleanup. Now the installation process is proceeding further that before, but still cancels at a certain point, restarting the computer doesn't seem to help. In the "SetupExe"document in my \Temp map the following frase seems to point at the error in the installation: Log level chan...

Problem with backup of microsoft exchange information store
Having a problem with backup exec 10d backing up microsoft exchange information store. Worked yesterday, but not today. Error is as below. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks Job ended: Wednesday, August 23, 2006 at 8:49:28 PM Completed status: Failed Final error: 0xe0008488 - Access is denied. Final error category: Security Errors For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33928 Backup- \\NYMAIL03\Microsoft Exchange Information Store V-79-57344-33928 - Access is denied. Access denied to database . Hi, You should rally check with Veritas, but here is what a ...

Want to find max in a range then return a name from a cell
The spreadsheet has 5 people each person has a list describing thei sales performance. Each has their highest sale, highest over cost sale etc. I have a table with a describtion highest sale, highest over cost sal etc. I want the cell beside each title to calcute who has the highest figur and place their name in this cell. :confused: I have a spreadsheet with lists containing highest sale highest average sale etc. What I want to do is create a formula tha will find the max value within a list please note these values ar spread out and do not run on the spreadsheet side by side or one aft...

Mail merge problem #3
Running Publisher 2003, Word 2003 I have a Word document -- with an Avery label format -- containing my mailing list. When trying to mail merge with the wizard, it errors out saying; "Some of the field names in this data source are blank or contain invalid characters, such as periods, brackets, or exclamation points. Change these field names before you import data from this data source." I've cleared out all the punctuation, etc. marks that are there and cleared out any blank "Labels". I'm still getting this error. What's up? Will I be able to make...

Invoice Designer portrait/landscape problems
I'm using Money 2004 Small Business edition with winXP. I go into Invoice Designer and open the template 'Service Portrait 1 (Logo)'. This opens, and gives me nearly enough to the invoice layout I would want subject to a few minor alterations. If I then save this template as a new template (with or without any alterations), open the invoice feature within Money and select this new template as the one I want to use, the print preview gives me a landscape orientation of this invoice. It also prints as landscape. (Choosing the original 'Service Portrait 1 (Logo)' templat...

OL 2003 and MAPPOINT problem
Using OL 2003 with Mappoint 2004. The Cut & Paste function using Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V is malfunctioning. When doing a cut & paste using the Ctrl functions, the MAPPOINT symbol is always PASTED into the new area (Mappoint has not been involked in the session to create a map to paste). IF I use the EDIT | COPY menu items and then the EDIT|Paste into the new area, the selected text is properly pasted. Displaying the Office Clipboard confirms what is happening, but WHY? Previously, I used OL 2002 with a prev version of Mappoint and this operation worked fine. Ideas?? or is this a ...

Outlook starting problem
"Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. A dialog box is open. Close it and try again." ...

MS Access query filter problem
I have created a fairly basic database in Access with approx 20 columns/fields in the primary table. I am trying to build several queries which filter the data differenty. When in "Design View" for the query every column/field can be sorted with standard criteria except for two. These two fields have one thing in common: unlike every other field which is populated "manually" via a form, these two are populated via pull-down menus (the values of which are sourced from separate tables). No matter what criteria I use, the query refuses to return any records...

Website email related problem
Our website is on the same internal network and shares the same domain name as our Exchange 2003 server (Win 2003 server environment). PROBLEM: if a website user clicks on an email (ex: mailto:info@vipclubber.com) using the same domain email address from the site domain, the email does not go through to the mailbox where it was originally sent. I am not sure if it is a DNS, Mail Server or alias problem. What should be done to ensure a successful delivery of any related email funstion from the website to the correct mailbox that shares the same domain? Please help! ...

Outlook Client "Problem communicating with CRM Server...
I have installed the light Desktop Outlook Client on a notebook. Everything works fine after the installation. Now the user wants a notebook client with local MSDE - so I�ve deinstalled the light client an installed the notebook client. I specifed the URL (not the IP) for the CRM server during the client installation. When I launch Outlook now I get the following error - "There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM server. The server might be unavailable. Try again later. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator." Then it tells me that it cannot lo...

Where can I find Excel to HTML tag reference ?
Hi All, I have many excel workbooks and want to convert it to HTML format. I use the SaveAS command built-in in excel function and save the Excel file in HTM format. However, if the workbook only have 1 worksheet, the result is fine, but if the workbook contain more than 1 worksheets, then Excel will generate a number of HTM page representing each worksheet, which is not my desire. My question is are there any way to save a multi-worksheet workbook into a single HTM file ? Moreover, when I use notepad to open the result HTM page, I find there is some code should related to the Excel, such as...

Outlook tasks problem...
When i try to enter outlook i am asked to select a profile ... ( only one is available "Outlook")... after i select it everything starts to load up. The problem is that the tasks are loading and then the unload one by one like refreshing one at a time (stalling the program... outlook.exe is useing like 50% of CPU and some serius RAM). If i let it stay like this its constantly refreshing the tasks to blank in a loop ... Any ideea how can i delete all the task without starting the outlook or any way i can get ride of the task so it load ok... ? Hello, To answer your first question yo...

dao select query problem in mfc C++
hi, i'm using dao for the first time to connect to a MS Access db. I've been following the MS example for a very basic query. This is the MS example: The following code shows the process of creating a recordset from a querydef: // pdb is a pointer to an open CDaoDatabase object try { // Construct the querydef CDaoQueryDef qd( pdb ); // Set up the SQL string and create the querydef CString strSQL = _T("SELECT [Company Name] FROM Publishers WHERE State = 'NY'"); qd.Create( _T("My Querydef"), strSQL ); // Construct a CDaoRec...

Problem with Excel and Stock Quotes add-in
I use the msnsq addin for Excel and have for a long while. Recently, after updating stock quotes, and only on one computer, I get a crash in IE. It crashes after I close the disclaimer web page window after the update is complete. It doesn't affect the update, but it is irritating to get this same error every time Module shdocvw.dll. I note that when I get the error in iexplore.exe, it identifies an AppVer of 6.0.2900.2180. The ModVer of the shdocvw.dll is identified as 6.0.2900.2753 (at offset 000159a1). I've already uninstalled, reinstalled, updated , sliced, diced and pu...

Outlook 2003 Mail Problem
I don't know if anyone has seen this error before. Here's my situation. I have a user that has a laptop with Outlook 2003 installed on it. When he trys to retrieve mail from an Exchange 2000 server he is not seeing all his mail. In fact it stopped pulling his mail in on his laptop as of 4/12/04. If I open his mailbox on a machine with Outlook 2002 or earlier version of Outlook installed on it I see all his mail messages. Also if it's viewed from a Thin Client with Outlook 2002 installed on it; it's all there as well. The mail is in the Exchange mailbox but for ...

Problem outlining contiguous columns?
We have many instances where we want to group contiguous columns using the outline feature. However, we cannot maintain separate column groups because each new group merges with the prior group, if there is no dividing column. This defeats our need to maintain the autonomy of each grouping at the same level. Is there an option or setting that will force outlining to preserve each group, regardless of whether they are contiguous nor not? Ultimately, we simply want to expand and collapse discrete groups as needed with one button push, using the outline +/- icons. This will allow us to...

2 question related to advanced research
Hello, I have 2 question related to advanced research: 1-Can I make and save parameterized views which take parameter in runtime? 2-can I custom the advance research form (for example can I custom the list of fields displayed related to an entity on which I will perform the research ? for example I would omit some fields(criteria of research ) form the list related to the account entity some help? thaanks in advance ...