Problem "Going Offline" with Dynamics CRM 3.0, SBS 2003sp1 and XPs

My Configuration - all with the latest updates applied:

Small Business Server 2003sp1
Exchange 2003sp2
SQL Server 2000sp4
Dynamics CRM 3.0 - with update rollup 1

Windows XPsp2 Desktop
Windows XPsp2 Laptop
Outlook 2003sp2

Hotfix	KB_931270 installed - needed to stop Outlook from crashing on both
the Desktop & Laptop.

This is a fresh install of Dynamics CRM with 1 client and 33 contacts - NO
other data.

Problem:	Attempts to have CRM "Go Offline" are unsuccessfull.

"Failed move data for entity 'Note' during action salnsert, countRows=1.
 Contact your system administrator for assistance"

This produces 6 Events in the Application Event log (see below)
EVT file available.

There are two KB articles that are similar to this type of error:
KB_918108 - which is included in update rollout 1, and already applied on my
system
KB_923327 - which I have installed on the Server, Laptop & Desktop.

Any suggestions you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Alan

Type	Date	Time	Source	Category	Event	User	Computer
Error	3/8/2007	10:26:47 AM	MSCRMOfflineSync	None	6000	N/A	ALANB
Error	3/8/2007	10:26:47 AM	MSCRMOfflineSync	None	6000	N/A	ALANB
Error	3/8/2007	10:26:47 AM	MSCRMOfflineSync	None	6000	N/A	ALANB
Error	3/8/2007	10:26:47 AM	MSCRMOfflineSync	None	6000	N/A	ALANB
Error	3/8/2007	10:26:47 AM	MSCRMOfflineSync	None	6000	N/A	ALANB
Error	3/8/2007	10:26:47 AM	MSCRMOfflineSync	None	6000	N/A	ALANB

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

3.0 client crashes when going offline?
this user hasnt had any problems since we implemented 3.0 about a year ago. they are using Office 2007 with the 3.0 client in offline configuration. A couple days ago they ran into a problem where it crashes when trying to go offline, it gets to "waiting for offline database initialization" and then crashes outlook. any ideas? Have you verified that the localo SQL instance is happy and checked the event logs? "rodney" wrote: > this user hasnt had any problems since we implemented 3.0 about a year > ago. they are using Office 2007 with the 3.0 client in offl...

Outlook 2003 in E2K3 environment going offline
What causes an Outlook 2003 Client in an Exchange 2003 environment on a networked workstation to trip into OFFLINE mode? Where can I begin to look to troubleshoot this issue? Carl ...

Contact Description prevents Outlook Client from going offline
I'm using client version 3.0.5300.0 Every time I tried to go off line I'd get this error: "Failed move data for entity Contact during action saInsert, countRows=160. Contact your system administrator for assistance" I tried methods 1,2 and 3 of KB-916165 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/916165/en-us I did not do the server changes since I had other users working. I re assigned all the contacts and began adding them back one at a time to isolate the record(s) causing the failure. After isolating 3 records I found that all three had something in the description fiel...

problem going offline crm 3.0 for outlook
Hi, I'm having problems on different portables. They all give the following error when going offline: cannot go offline. 'missing rights on queue' (or user queue, i'm not very sure anymore). I hope someone can help me out. Thanx Make sure the user has permissions for the Queue Security rights. I had the same error, and ensuring they permissions for that right, resolved the error. "Cypress" <Cypress@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B35B09C8-0FE3-4983-8F6C-B1F42EF324F2@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I'm having problems on differ...

problems going offline SFO
Hi, I installed SFO on a Win2K client and CRM on Win2K server. The SQL server is on a sepparate machine and is configured as localsystem (so is my CRM server). The web application and online SFO client work without any errors. When i try to take the SFO offline, it tries to sync with the CRM server. It TRIES but never succeeds. he just quits the sync at some point. the messaging during the sync is very fast but i can make up that he tries to create a subscription, he succeeds, he tries to make a snapshot and then it shows the message that he can not find the snapshot path. I already tri...

Error when going offline 08-08-07
One of our users has a CRM lap top client installed. He can't go offline. After he has pressed the 'go offline'-button the process starts, but when 'Initialization of database' starts the Outlook closes and the process is stopped. This happens every time. Is there anyone that has a solution for this ? -- Regards Tvaia On 8 Sie, 11:18, Tvaia <Tv...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > One of our users has a CRM lap top client installed. He can't go offline. > After he has pressed the 'go offline'-button the process starts, but when > 'Init...

Sales for Outlook PlugIn
Dear All, Am looking for some information regarding the 'going offline' process for Sales for Outlook PlugIn. Has anyone done this and can they provide a rough figure in how long it should take to fully sync upon the first time? On average, it's been taking 24hrs to fully sync. This, to me, seems to somewhat excessive! Cheers, Steve. ...

Problem "Going Offline" with Dynamics CRM 3.0, SBS 2003sp1 and XPs
My Configuration - all with the latest updates applied: Small Business Server 2003sp1 Exchange 2003sp2 SQL Server 2000sp4 Dynamics CRM 3.0 - with update rollup 1 Windows XPsp2 Desktop Windows XPsp2 Laptop Outlook 2003sp2 Hotfix KB_931270 installed - needed to stop Outlook from crashing on both the Desktop & Laptop. This is a fresh install of Dynamics CRM with 1 client and 33 contacts - NO other data. Problem: Attempts to have CRM "Go Offline" are unsuccessfull. "Failed move data for entity 'Note' during action salnsert, countRows=1. Contact your system adm...

Going Offline/Online
I am not sure if anyone else has encountered this, but 2 of our users are no longer able to go back online. The button "Go Online" or "Go Offline" has no activity, no does the option for the CRM drop down menu in Outlook 2003. I have tried unistalling the CRM client, reinstalling it, adjusting user permisisions, recreating a new profile, etc. None of this works. Does anyone know a different way to put user back online? Has anyone else encountered this problem where that functionality of the system just seems to stop exisiting? Any suggestions would be helpful. thanks, Kathy...

Going offline in CRM 04-23-04
Hi there!! What security right are you suppose to have when you are offline in CRM for Outlook. Because when I go offline it works fine but it does not allow me to acces any of the data(contacts, leads, etc). on my local machine. But when I go online again it allows me to acces data on the server. What am I doing wrong??? Jan A possible cause could be that when you installed Sales for Outlook you were not logged into the domain you were only looged into the local machine. This means that when you perform the first synchronisation no data is taken into the MSDE database. ...

SFO going Offline error
Hi all, I have a problem when I try to go offline an error message occurs indicating that "The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted". I tried it on every machine installed SFO, I've got the same error. Anyone sees or know this error before? Please help. DK. Ensure that you are logged on to the domain, as the default credentials of the currently logged on user will be use to authenticate you against the MSCRM platform services and SQL Server (replication). Also ensure that you are not logged in as a user in a NT4 domain: http://kjellsj.blogspot.co...

SFO 1.2 Client
Hi, I've installed SFO on two machines as per the instructions and all seemed to go well until I tried to get them to "Go Offline". In each case I accepted the default settings in the offline options screen and pressed OK. A download status box came up with the word "Initializing" then nothing happens for a few minutes and eventually I get an error message saying "you do not have sufficient permissions or access rights to perform this action". Everything seems to work fine when I'm online though. Client machines are Win XP/Outlook 2003 and Win 2K/O...

How long does going offline take?
We're testing going offline on a P4 machine, 384MB RAM, 100MBit network connection. After about 20 minutes we get this message: The process is running and is waiting for a response from one of the backend connections. We've waiting probably 15 minutes so far (I know, patience is a virtue) and we've gotten 50MB in the mscrm_msde SQL file so far but only a few other files have updated before this one. I will say that we've never had a successful offline replication because we have an insanely large amount of data (don't know numbers off the top, but I do know it'...

Accounts Missing going offline- Outlook synchronization
Hi, One of my client has a problem that many of his colleagues(CRM Users) who own accounts are not getting synchronized in outlook when they go offline in the laptops. Can anybody plz help me in how to debug this problem. Thanks ...

Unable to reconnect after going offline
Our client took their laptop offline and upon returning to the office they are unable to put their laptop back online. They are using CRM 3.0 SBE. When they click on the CRM option in outlook, they see Go Offline as an option rather than Go Online as they would expect. They are seeing a disconnect in the lower corner for CRM, but their remaing outlook functionality seems unaffected. Does anyone have any suggestions for troubleshooting this issue? Thanks Jim ...

Outlook 2003 going offline
I have a customer that I recently installed Exchange 2003 with Outlook 2003 on their PC's. I am getting tech support calls from users saying they are not getting their email. So far 6 times in the last 2 weeks the issue has been that their Outlook is working in the offline mode. We can reset it to online and everything is fine. I have not rebooted the server in 2 months. Any suggestions as to what is happening? Can I disable the offline mode completely? They are all desktop PC's. TIA John John wrote: > I have a customer that I recently installed Exchange 2003 with ...

OUTLOOK 2003 GOING OFFLINE.
Hi, I have upgraded serveral users to Outlook 2003. They are both connected to an Exchange 2000 server. They are both getting a login box pop up to enter their password for e-mail which is the same as their network login. Also I noticed that they will just go offline and you have to go to file menu and put them back on line. Thanks for any help ...

Going Offline in Outlook with CRM
When some of users, using the CRM laptop outlook client, try to go offline, they receive an error message to the effect of "CRM Outlook cannot go offline. CRM server not found or user does not have sufficient privileges". They can access the server fine when online, so we're tending to think it's a permissions problem. However, their roles have the Go Offline and Go Mobile permissions allowed. Anyone have any ideas? Just a thought but maybe the local rights on the laptop prevent the system from sychronising? File system rights? "Matt Harvey" wrote: &g...

Going Offline in SFO
When 'going offline' in SFO, am I correct in thinking that: - Unchecking 'Only synchronise Data from my Business Unit' will bring across all records that the user has some level of privilege (even if it is only 'read' privilege and the record is in a completely separate business unit). - Checking 'Only synchronise Data from my Business Unit' will bring across records from the users business unit ONLY (as long as the user has some level of privilege with the record). As an extreme example, a user with System Administrator rights would only bring across reco...

CRM 3.0
Hi all, I have 1 client which is getting an error attempting to go offline. Below is the event logged in Windows Event viewer. The system in question is Vista SP2, CRM 3.0 V3C with Rollup 3, SQL 2005 express SP3, I have attempted to unselect ALL local data entries and attempted going offline and still i get the error. It appears it fails when it trys to sync 1108 appoinements to outlook, but checking the user account appoinements in CRM the user does not have this many. I have recreated the users profile, I have uninstalled SQL and CRM client but still get the same error. I am now st...

Unknown error when going offline in SFO
Hi, I had failed going offline in my Outlook after this following scenario: - Click the 'Go Offline' button on CRM toolbar in Outlook. - The 'Offline Configuration' window show, then click the Ok button - The 'downloading status' progress window show. After the progress, My outlook still in online mode(It was still 'Go Offline' button in my CRM toolbar) - Click the 'Go Offline' button again, got the same 'Offline Configuration' window & after that the same 'downloading status' progress window. - After the progress, the 'Go ...

Going Offline
When I try to take CRM offline from within Outlook I receive the error "The XML passed to the platform is not well-formed". This occurs during the [Propagating Customizations] task and halts the entire sync process. Any ideas how I can fix this? Thanks. I have the same issue during the propagating customizations task. Did you ever find a solution to this? "KPR" wrote: > When I try to take CRM offline from within Outlook I receive the error "The > XML passed to the platform is not well-formed". This occurs during the > [Propagating Customizat...

CRM 3.0 Outlook client error going offline.
When I try to take my CRM 3.0 outlook client offline I recieve the error below: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSCRMOfflineSync Event Category: None Event ID: 6000 Date: 4/11/2006 Time: 11:05:28 AM User: N/A Computer: xxxxxxxxx I have tried each of the steps in this Microsoft KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=916165 However none of them seemd to fix the problem. Any ideas? Description: An error occurred during Offline Synchronization. Try going offline again, or restart Microsoft Outlook. GetBCPFile() failed during action Delete for entity 'SalesLiterature', ...

Synchronization won't complete when going offline
I am receiving the following error message when going offline: "Failed move data for entity 'quote product' during action salsnert, countRows=129. Contact your administrator." I have never been able to sync the entire contact database. Jeff Hi Jeff, Try a clean uninstall and reinstall of the Outlook client. HTH, Niths "Jeff L." wrote: > I am receiving the following error message when going offline: > > "Failed move data for entity 'quote product' during action salsnert, > countRows=129. Contact your administrator." > >...