Problem changing parent Business unit

WE have re-arranged some business units into a more appropriate hierarchy,
however, we have noticed that a user in a role with deep privileges (own
business unit and children I think) to read users can only see users in his
own business unit and only one of the child business units (there are 2
child business units).

We cannot enable him to see all the users in both child business units.

We tried reassigning the parent business unit to the one child that is not
appearing, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. WE also tried
adjusting the privileges up and down (i.e. Global and local read rights),
but that also did not work (when set to global, all users were visible, but
when set back to deep, one child business unit's users could not be seen).

I have checked the BusinessUnitBase table and the ParentBusinessUnit IDs are
all set properly.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
John

0
John
10/28/2004 8:52:28 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

John,

Unfortunately, when you move users to new Business Units, the security sometimes
get messed up.  If this is the case, you will need to open a ticket with MSFT.
I heard a rumor that they have a utility which will fix corrupt security
descriptors.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 16:52:28 -0400, "John McCarvill" <john@mccarvill.mv.com>
wrote:

[...]

Matt
10/29/2004 8:49:31 PM
Thanks.

I am looking for a way to manually force a refresh of all of the security
descriptors.  The utility you refer to sounds like it would be exactly what
I need.

Unfortunately we are still using CRM version 1.0 due to the extensive
customizations we have in place.  Do you know if the utility would run on a
CRM 1.0 system?

"Matt Parks" <mattp65@Yax_RemoveDashAndX_xhoo.com> wrote in message
> John,
>
> Unfortunately, when you move users to new Business Units, the security
sometimes
> get messed up.  If this is the case, you will need to open a ticket with
MSFT.
> I heard a rumor that they have a utility which will fix corrupt security
> descriptors.
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 16:52:28 -0400, "John McCarvill"
<john@mccarvill.mv.com>
> wrote:
>
> WE have re-arranged some business units into a more appropriate hierarchy,
> however, we have noticed that a user in a role with deep privileges (own
> business unit and children I think) to read users can only see users in
his
> own business unit and only one of the child business units (there are 2
> child business units).
>
> We cannot enable him to see all the users in both child business units.
>
> We tried reassigning the parent business unit to the one child that is not
> appearing, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. WE also tried
> adjusting the privileges up and down (i.e. Global and local read rights),
> but that also did not work (when set to global, all users were visible,
but
> when set back to deep, one child business unit's users could not be seen).
>
> I have checked the BusinessUnitBase table and the ParentBusinessUnit IDs
are
> all set properly.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> John

0
John
11/2/2004 7:29:41 PM
Only way to find out would be to contact support.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 14:29:41 -0500, "John McCarvill" <john@mccarvill.mv.com>
wrote:

Thanks.

I am looking for a way to manually force a refresh of all of the security
descriptors.  The utility you refer to sounds like it would be exactly what
I need.

Unfortunately we are still using CRM version 1.0 due to the extensive
customizations we have in place.  Do you know if the utility would run on a
CRM 1.0 system?

"Matt Parks" <mattp65@Yax_RemoveDashAndX_xhoo.com> wrote in message
> John,
>
> Unfortunately, when you move users to new Business Units, the security
sometimes
> get messed up.  If this is the case, you will need to open a ticket with
MSFT.
> I heard a rumor that they have a utility which will fix corrupt security
> descriptors.
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 16:52:28 -0400, "John McCarvill"
<john@mccarvill.mv.com>
> wrote:
>
> WE have re-arranged some business units into a more appropriate hierarchy,
> however, we have noticed that a user in a role with deep privileges (own
> business unit and children I think) to read users can only see users in
his
> own business unit and only one of the child business units (there are 2
> child business units).
>
> We cannot enable him to see all the users in both child business units.
>
> We tried reassigning the parent business unit to the one child that is not
> appearing, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. WE also tried
> adjusting the privileges up and down (i.e. Global and local read rights),
> but that also did not work (when set to global, all users were visible,
but
> when set back to deep, one child business unit's users could not be seen).
>
> I have checked the BusinessUnitBase table and the ParentBusinessUnit IDs
are
> all set properly.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> John

0
Matt
11/2/2004 10:28:29 PM
John,

I noticed that when you change business units or rights, wait for 3-5 min to
complete one change. This problem exist in ver 1.2 as well. During this
process CRM updates security descriptors and this can take some time
depending on your data set. While process of updating the security
descriptors is running there is a bin file that is created, and it is removed
after the update process has completed.  Open up a Windows Explorer window on
the CRM server and go to Program Files\Microsoft CRM\Server\bin.  The file
that is present in this directory when the security descriptors are updating
is the sspcqc.bin file.

I hope this may help.

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> John,
>
> Unfortunately, when you move users to new Business Units, the security sometimes
> get messed up.  If this is the case, you will need to open a ticket with MSFT.
> I heard a rumor that they have a utility which will fix corrupt security
> descriptors.
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 16:52:28 -0400, "John McCarvill" <john@mccarvill.mv.com>
> wrote:
>
> WE have re-arranged some business units into a more appropriate hierarchy,
> however, we have noticed that a user in a role with deep privileges (own
> business unit and children I think) to read users can only see users in his
> own business unit and only one of the child business units (there are 2
> child business units).
>
> We cannot enable him to see all the users in both child business units.
>
> We tried reassigning the parent business unit to the one child that is not
> appearing, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. WE also tried
> adjusting the privileges up and down (i.e. Global and local read rights),
> but that also did not work (when set to global, all users were visible, but
> when set back to deep, one child business unit's users could not be seen).
>
> I have checked the BusinessUnitBase table and the ParentBusinessUnit IDs are
> all set properly.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> John

lookup problem #2
I have a sheet with J11 called Buyers # and K11 called Buyers name. On the next sheet called Buyers there is a list with B1 being the buyers number, and C2 is the buyers names. How can I enter a number on the first sheet and get the corresponding name to come up? Todd Have a look in HELP index for VLOOKUP -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Todd Fischer" <todd@fischerhome.net> wrote in message news:evMAjQDPEHA.3052@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I have a sheet with J11 called Buyers # and K11 called Buyers name. On the > next sheet called Buyers there is a...

Money Small Business Inventory Problem
I have entered an incorrect value for the purchase of an inventory item. I would like to correct the error, but I cannot find any where to do it. Can anyone help? Thanks Jack ...

Publisher Problem
Volunteer Nancy C. Benner Janyszeski Answers Subject MS Publisher 2000 Problem Question I'm using Pub 2000 in on a Pent 4 3.06GHz processor 512 mb ram. Publisher is installed on the local drive (c:). Problem is when trying to open a publisher file from the network share it won't open. The files are on a NT Server 4.0 shared directory with full access to all users. When trying to open the file all it does is close publisher completely. If I do manage to get a file open when I try to save it the message appears stating that the destination drive (S:\shared) is full. An examin...

Problem with register scrolling
I just started having this problem with Money 2004 Deluxe. When I try to scroll to the last entry of my register the scroll bar reaches the bottom, but I am not at the bottom of the register. I must click on the down arrow at the bottom of the scroll bar to get the register to scroll to the last entry. bdog Are you using a scroll mouse button? Sometimes the button gets stuck and what you describe happens in Bills & Deposits. If so then move your scroll button a slight amount. Mark Fields "bdog" <bd@op.net> wrote in message news:Xns9469EF048AE96bdopnet@24.50.78.38...

Problem creating distribution group
I have over 700 address contacts that have been "tagged" into various categories. I know how to set up a new distribution group. However, when I choose "select names" the names from my list apear as first name, last name instead of last name , first name. This makes it almost impossible to scroll up and down looking for the name I want to select and add to my distribution group. Please advise of any suggestions. What version of Outlook? Randal Langley wrote: > I have over 700 address contacts that have been "tagged" > into various categories. I ...

Command button code problem
I have a form with a command button that opens a report in preview. The form has a combo box from which you select the record that should be shown on the report but when I click on the command button I get all the records not just the one I have clicked What's wrong with my code? Here it is Private Sub cmdprintcr_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdprintcr_Click Dim strAVCISCode As String 'set strAVCISCode equal to the selected value before closing the form, otherwise it will give us an error strAVCISCode = "AVCISCode" DoCmd.OpenReport "rptCrimereport",...

Last split cost layer should be actual unit cost
In Multicurrency receipts, If a line item's extended cost can not be spread out evenly over a line item's quantities, then Great Plains will try to spread out the cost as evenly as possible to all but one unit, and that one remaining unit will be assigned a unit cost equal to the residual value. This creates inflated unit cost of the last receipt layer. Later on when a sales order/invoice is created for the same line item, it picks up the last receipt layer (inflated unit cost) as unit cost of line item. As a result Posting of sales invoice, GP creates a cost adjustment entry i...

Changing Arbic numeral to Hindi numeral
How to change Arabic numeral to Hindi numeral in Excel 2003 ...

Account format change #3
GP 9 framework length = 14 4 segments 3-4-4-3 seg 3 natural current useage length 11 1-3-4.3 in a test environment under tools setup acct format made the changes so that length = 14 seg1=3 seg2 =4 no change to seg3 or 4 this keeps us within the framework and saved ex acct 0-401-5000-399 became 0ss-401s-5000-399 s=space I then ran the prof tools modifier final acct 000-0401-5000-399 with the actindx of 0-401-5000-399 = to the new acct 000-0401-5000-399 only results that I have an issue with so far is the gl40200 the 2 segments that were changed had both in the table and the new longer segm...

CListCtrl Changing the row height
Hello, I'm trying to change the the row height of a CListCtrl ( not the total length of the listCtrl) i.e. I want the text to be displayed with the same font size but the height of this text (item) should be increased. This way on a touch screen the distance between the items is large enough to select an item in the ClistCtrl. Currently the clistctrl has one column, and each row data has a small icon and text beside it. Do you have any suggestions. Thanks, Regards, Suresh I think the only way to do it is to use a custom draw list control. This article should explain how to do...

Unable to change email password
Hello: Here is my problem, I tried to change my email password by choosing Outlook login screen "Change Password" button, but received an error message "Your Windows password could not be changed, Please check the information and try again.". I have upgraded our Exchange system from 2000 to 2003 SP1 about six months ago, and never had that problem while at Exchange 2000, here is our setup - 1. Client - Outlook 2002 SP3 2. Server - Exchange 2003 server (Windows 2003 SP1) and Active Directory server (Still on Windows 2000 SP4). 3. We have Novell servers, so each works...

Excel 2003
Hi - quick question, if you have a moment - I've got a (tall) column of names of the format: FirstName LastName I want to convert them to the format: LastName, FirstName Is this possible in Excel 2003? Thanks very much - Assume they start in A1, insert a new column B or use the one you have if it is empty, then in B1 put =MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1,255)&", "&LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1) press enter Select B1 again, move the cursor to the lower right corner of B1 and when it changes from a thick cross to a think double click and copy down the formula. S...

Moving Emails to Folders
Though I encountered no problems over many months, in the last several I have run into a huge issue in moving certain emails from my "in" and "sent" boxes to my achive folders. These emails all either originate from China or have a Chinese originated reply in the email string. The individuals with whom I'm corresponding in China are from major corporations and, in one case, the person is an employee on my corporate email system. The symptoms are as follows. When I try to drag the email to the folder, the hourglass appears, as if it is trying to complete the transfer. A...

Outlook form - Checkbox
Dear all, Let's assume I have 15 contacts. 5 of these contacts are clients and I would like to have a different background color of the contact form for these contacts that all employees know that these contacts are clients. The contacts are stored in the Public Folders. Any ideas how I could add a checkbox (add a custom tab) that if the checkbox is checked that the background color of this form would change (> all pages/tabs > General, Details, Activities, etc.)? Kind regards, Simon You can design your own custom contact form for this; Tools-> Forms-> ...

IE 7 and problems with Money 2005
Yesterday my computer automatically updated to IE7 and now I can not sign in online using my MS 2005. I get an "Your sign-in information could not be verified. Go online or select the work offline check box, and then reenter your sign in information" I also am unable to get account updates from the MS Money website. Does anyone know what I need to do to fix this? In microsoft.public.money, Giavid wrote: >Yesterday my computer automatically updated to IE7 and now I can not sign in >online using my MS 2005. I get an "Your sign-in information could not be >verifie...

Change History (Log)
Hello, Is it possible to retrieve information about inserted, deleted or updated records in an MS Access database from system tables? In other words, to read and interpret the transaction log. I am not able to change the database structure and there is no current logging mechanism, but I need to detect the changes made by any other client. Thank you. No. JET (the data engine in Access) does not support transaction logging. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot...

Business Portal deployed in a 64-Bit Environment
A client wants to install their IIS server and default Office SharePoint Server 2007 on a Windows 2008 64-Bit server to be able to utilize the 16GB memory availability. Since Business Portal 4.0 isn't supported in a 64-Bit Environment and they are using Office SharePoint Server 2007, they cannot have the GP Server and Business Portal Server be installed on the same machine. What would be the best deployment method for Business Portal? Have it as a separate server and point to the 64-Bit IIS server and SQL Server? Is it possible to have Business Portal installed on a separate server than G...

cell reference problem #2
I am trouble with cell references in a spreadsheet. Some cells will display the cell reference rather than the value it points to. For example the cell will display =A1 as text rather than the content of that cell. What could cause this???????? thanks in advance david Hi David, First check that you have calculation turned on. Tools, Options, Calculation, automatic calculation If that is the problem and it recurs, see my slowresp to see how to spot the problem earlier. The other possibility is that you have Text formatting instead of General or a numeric format. Other things t...

Problem while tring to run a macro designed to save embedded images
Tink@discussions.microsoft.com Please solve me the following problem I'm getting an error as Run-time error '91' Object variable or with block variable not set while trying to run the macro in VBA. Thanks in advance How can you expect anyone to know without seeing your code? Post a message in the newsgroup specifically for general Outlook programming issues "down the hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba or, via web interface, at http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba . And include a small code...

Change file name #2
Hi, I've been searching for a solution to the following problem for more than a week. I've posted it here a couple of times, and got some good ideas, but unfortunately they did not work. The variable "myfolder1" has the correct value, followed by ".xls" as it should. I'd be very thankful if someone could find my error. This is the original question: I am new to Exel, and i cannot find my error in the following script. The error is: Run time erroro '9' Subscript out of range and it always stops on the "windows(my folder1).activate" line...

Changing Case #3
I have a large excel document that has been typed in upper case and I wish to change it to Proper case ie. with initial capitals only. Is there an easy way to do this, please. Thanks, Robert Robert, The easiest way is probably to download the free Excel add-in "XL Extras" from http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware It adds menu commands on the Format menu that will change case in whatever cells you select - Proper, Upper, Lower and Sentence case. Plus it does other nice stuff. Comes with a Word.doc install/use file. -- Jim Cone San Francisco, USA "Robert ...

Character Spacing Problems
When attempting to print in Publisher 2002 my text appears disjointed and expanded. if I use character spacing to correct this it only makes the printed copy worse! The text looks fine of the screen before I print but prints out all weird. Can anyone help me? It isn't a Publisher problem. It's most likely a printer driver problem. Go to the web site of the printer manufacturer and download the latest drivers. -- Ron Cohen drc023@ivwnet.com "Elizabeth" <beth@breadministries.org> wrote in message news:10fd01c34d43$5fdc0c30$3501280a@phx.gbl... > When attemptin...

Distribution List problem #3
Hello, I've created a universal distribution list on a child domain but no one can see that list. But, if a list is created on the parent domain everyone can see it. I can see the list under Exchange System Manager. We are running Exchange 2003 sp2 running in native mode on a Win 2003 SP1 member server. Parent and child domains are both 2000 SP4 running in native mode Than you in advance. - Are you sure you created a new (mail-enabled) Universal Distribution Group in the child domain? - Was domainprep run in the child domain? - Is there a Recipient Update Service (RUS) pointing...

Why do margins change when a file is emailed?
I am setting up monthly transaction worksheets for a client and then emailing them for her to print out. When she opens the email attachment and checks the print preview the top and bottom margins are not the same as what I set them at. Is there a way to correct this? T, I haven't seen this occur myself, but it may come from the use of different screen resolutions or different printers. Jim Cone San Francisco, USA "TKuppan" <TKuppan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:813CA78F-ED25-400B-8F95-56DAE4C3E975@microsoft.com I am setting up monthly transact...

Problem using "Update retirement account" in Money 2005
I'm having trouble updating my 401k account using "Update retirement account" for my end of 2004 statement. There is one specific investement that produces the following error: "... will cause the balance of 'xx' held in this investment account to become negative at some point. Please cancel or revise the transaction." If I try to do the "Dividend" and the "Buy" transactions manually then I get the following error when I try to do the "Dividend" transaction: "You have not purchased 'xx' in this Investment Account...