Problem changing parent Business unit

WE have re-arranged some business units into a more appropriate hierarchy,
however, we have noticed that a user in a role with deep privileges (own
business unit and children I think) to read users can only see users in his
own business unit and only one of the child business units (there are 2
child business units).

We cannot enable him to see all the users in both child business units.

We tried reassigning the parent business unit to the one child that is not
appearing, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. WE also tried
adjusting the privileges up and down (i.e. Global and local read rights),
but that also did not work (when set to global, all users were visible, but
when set back to deep, one child business unit's users could not be seen).

I have checked the BusinessUnitBase table and the ParentBusinessUnit IDs are
all set properly.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
John

0
John
10/28/2004 8:52:28 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

John,

Unfortunately, when you move users to new Business Units, the security sometimes
get messed up.  If this is the case, you will need to open a ticket with MSFT.
I heard a rumor that they have a utility which will fix corrupt security
descriptors.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 16:52:28 -0400, "John McCarvill" <john@mccarvill.mv.com>
wrote:

[...]

Matt
10/29/2004 8:49:31 PM
Thanks.

I am looking for a way to manually force a refresh of all of the security
descriptors.  The utility you refer to sounds like it would be exactly what
I need.

Unfortunately we are still using CRM version 1.0 due to the extensive
customizations we have in place.  Do you know if the utility would run on a
CRM 1.0 system?

"Matt Parks" <mattp65@Yax_RemoveDashAndX_xhoo.com> wrote in message
> John,
>
> Unfortunately, when you move users to new Business Units, the security
sometimes
> get messed up.  If this is the case, you will need to open a ticket with
MSFT.
> I heard a rumor that they have a utility which will fix corrupt security
> descriptors.
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 16:52:28 -0400, "John McCarvill"
<john@mccarvill.mv.com>
> wrote:
>
> WE have re-arranged some business units into a more appropriate hierarchy,
> however, we have noticed that a user in a role with deep privileges (own
> business unit and children I think) to read users can only see users in
his
> own business unit and only one of the child business units (there are 2
> child business units).
>
> We cannot enable him to see all the users in both child business units.
>
> We tried reassigning the parent business unit to the one child that is not
> appearing, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. WE also tried
> adjusting the privileges up and down (i.e. Global and local read rights),
> but that also did not work (when set to global, all users were visible,
but
> when set back to deep, one child business unit's users could not be seen).
>
> I have checked the BusinessUnitBase table and the ParentBusinessUnit IDs
are
> all set properly.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> John

0
John
11/2/2004 7:29:41 PM
Only way to find out would be to contact support.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 14:29:41 -0500, "John McCarvill" <john@mccarvill.mv.com>
wrote:

Thanks.

I am looking for a way to manually force a refresh of all of the security
descriptors.  The utility you refer to sounds like it would be exactly what
I need.

Unfortunately we are still using CRM version 1.0 due to the extensive
customizations we have in place.  Do you know if the utility would run on a
CRM 1.0 system?

"Matt Parks" <mattp65@Yax_RemoveDashAndX_xhoo.com> wrote in message
> John,
>
> Unfortunately, when you move users to new Business Units, the security
sometimes
> get messed up.  If this is the case, you will need to open a ticket with
MSFT.
> I heard a rumor that they have a utility which will fix corrupt security
> descriptors.
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 16:52:28 -0400, "John McCarvill"
<john@mccarvill.mv.com>
> wrote:
>
> WE have re-arranged some business units into a more appropriate hierarchy,
> however, we have noticed that a user in a role with deep privileges (own
> business unit and children I think) to read users can only see users in
his
> own business unit and only one of the child business units (there are 2
> child business units).
>
> We cannot enable him to see all the users in both child business units.
>
> We tried reassigning the parent business unit to the one child that is not
> appearing, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. WE also tried
> adjusting the privileges up and down (i.e. Global and local read rights),
> but that also did not work (when set to global, all users were visible,
but
> when set back to deep, one child business unit's users could not be seen).
>
> I have checked the BusinessUnitBase table and the ParentBusinessUnit IDs
are
> all set properly.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> John

0
Matt
11/2/2004 10:28:29 PM
John,

I noticed that when you change business units or rights, wait for 3-5 min to
complete one change. This problem exist in ver 1.2 as well. During this
process CRM updates security descriptors and this can take some time
depending on your data set. While process of updating the security
descriptors is running there is a bin file that is created, and it is removed
after the update process has completed.  Open up a Windows Explorer window on
the CRM server and go to Program Files\Microsoft CRM\Server\bin.  The file
that is present in this directory when the security descriptors are updating
is the sspcqc.bin file.

I hope this may help.

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> John,
>
> Unfortunately, when you move users to new Business Units, the security sometimes
> get messed up.  If this is the case, you will need to open a ticket with MSFT.
> I heard a rumor that they have a utility which will fix corrupt security
> descriptors.
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 16:52:28 -0400, "John McCarvill" <john@mccarvill.mv.com>
> wrote:
>
> WE have re-arranged some business units into a more appropriate hierarchy,
> however, we have noticed that a user in a role with deep privileges (own
> business unit and children I think) to read users can only see users in his
> own business unit and only one of the child business units (there are 2
> child business units).
>
> We cannot enable him to see all the users in both child business units.
>
> We tried reassigning the parent business unit to the one child that is not
> appearing, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. WE also tried
> adjusting the privileges up and down (i.e. Global and local read rights),
> but that also did not work (when set to global, all users were visible, but
> when set back to deep, one child business unit's users could not be seen).
>
> I have checked the BusinessUnitBase table and the ParentBusinessUnit IDs are
> all set properly.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> John

Change the space used for my x-axis labels
Can anybody help me? I have an column chart with words as labels. My problem is that I can't change the space used for the labels, that is some labels is in two or three lines and I would like to use more room for the labels and less room for the chart itself. But when I make the chart smaller then the labels just are dragged upwards - how do I prevent that?? ...

Row heights Changed by Sorting
I have an excel spreadsheet of 279 rows: a 4-row header and 25 sets of 11 rows each. Row heights within each set have been set individually, though the pattern is common to each set. When the 275 non-header rows are sorted as a group, the row heights of most, but not all, of the final 2 rows of each set are changed. The heights of the first 9 rows of each set are not changed. The final row of each set is empty except for one cell. The cell in the selected sort column is empty. The one non-empty cell contains numeric data in another sort key column. Row 11 formatting consi...

The data in my form is changing after the status is closed
I have a form which is based on a query for invoicing. I have some client who have been invoiced for their service and not their status is closed. If this person returns as a client and I set the new contract year and I go to the invoicing form to invoice for their new serivce the prior year contract year information for the service which has already been closed is no longer there. I want to keep this data as read only, but still be able to add new information. ...

How can I change which cell is selected next, other than Down, Le.
I know there should be a simple answer to this question, but I can't find it on the "Help" menu. Hi Bethany tools / options / edit "move selection after enter" -- Cheers JulieD check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm ....well i'm working on it anyway "Bethany" <Bethany@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50CD805D-F385-4457-9363-5C3A3EF7825D@microsoft.com... >I know there should be a simple answer to this question, but I can't find >it > on the "Help" menu. tools->options->edit and select one of...

tracking changes with insert comment
Hi Again all, second time poster here. I was wondering if anyone knows of away to programatically Insert Comment for a certain range of cells into that cell when the value changes so that the comment Will read: "Old Value was:###" Thanks again!! PS All the cells have conditional formatting (don't know if that makes a difference) Consider a non VBA method using the Tools-->Track Changes feature. It shares the workbook, but if it's on your network drive or local hard drive no one should be able to open it. You can also restrict who views it if others will have access to i...

Solver Problem
Hopefully, I have posted this in the right place . . . . I have a 2 page spreadheet. Page 1 contains data (customers, depots and locations) and a summary of the results Page 2 contains all the messy calculations (essentially calc cost of delivering to a number customers, each customer can be delivered to from a number of depots, pick a the chepaest depot for each customer, all up the total cost for all customers) I want to pick locations for the depots so that the total cost is smallest. So I tell it to use only one depot and ask solver to change the coordinates to minimise total cost.. Work...

Formula for changing Text Color??
I don't know if this is even possible. What I would like to do is t input a number into a column in sheet 1 and have a correspondin number (which is already there) change font color in sheet two. So input a number, say 3 in C10 on sheet 1 and the number 3 which is i sheet 2 (c10) changes from black to red. Is this possible? thanks very much -- dan ----------------------------------------------------------------------- danh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1594 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27420 You ...

Business Portal page modification
I created a new page in business portal with 3 columns and included the "link" webpart in the 3 columns, the idea being that I can define links to various documents on my network in these 3 columns. The issue is that the 3 columns are identical. If I define a link in column 1, the link shows up in columns 2 and 3. I see there with shared document webpart too. What can I do so that I can define different documents in each of the columns. Hi Jack, Personally, I would create three separate document libraries and then specify those webparts for each of the three columns of y...

Mapping Cutom Picklist Problems
I am having a problem mapping a custom picklist. I created a custom attribute called New_Lender in three entities Opportunity, Quote, & Orders. I mapped these in several ways. From "Opportunity to Quote", "Quote to Order" and "Opportunity to Order". When I create an opportunity and select the appropriate lender from the picklist and continue up the process to quote or order the lender picklist does not map. I already have created other pick lists in this same way and they behave ok. I checked to see that the read only integers for the picklist matched up betwe...

Business Portal 2.5 #3
Receive error: The Business Portal data in the database you selected is not compatible with this version of the Business Portal. You must select a different database before continuing Hi What version of Great Plains are you using? -- Regards James[MVP] Visit MBS Blog Central http://mbscentral.blogs.com "thebigo9" <thebigo9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:491CA957-2C6C-4440-BFD6-CACE94C06584@microsoft.com... > Receive error: The Business Portal data in the database you selected is > not > compatible with this version of the Business Portal. Yo...

CButton: Change size based upon text extent
I'd like to dynamically change the size of my CButton derived control based upon the text/bitmap size. So if the application calls SetWindowText during program flow the button rect will update. What's the best way to capture this and override the rect size? Thanks Eric You can use SetWindowPos to change its size. You can handle WM_SETTEXT and see what text is being set to, calculate the size of the button, change its size and then call the base class handler. --- Ajay "Ajay Kalra" <ajaykalra@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1145984489.865667.169280@e56...

Help with Exchange 5.5 Queue problem
Okay, first off, I inherited this Exchange server. It has been over 5 years since I last touched one of these. Client noticed that no e-mails were being sent out. I checked the IMC queues and they were packed full of email going to .tw, .fr, .de, etc. Disconnected the ethernet cable from the back of the box. Ran the much needed virus check and got rid of 225 Netsky and Beagle viruses. Reran a few times just to be on the safe side - server is clean (latest norton updates). And made sure that relaying was also turned off - just for fun. Cleaned out the queues (deleted the contents of the ...

E-Mail-Router Problem
CRM-Version 3 RTM (german) We have the problem, that while trying to route incomming e-mails to CRM the following soap-error-messsage in the event-viewer appears as mentioned below. We created an dissabled account ("CRMRouter") on AD for the e-mail-Router and activated the "CRMMailEnabled"-attribute. After installing the Router on the exchange-server we used the rule-deployment-assistant to create the rule for copying the mails, which are send to an specific user to the CRMRouter-account. Then the router should take this mails and create activities in CRM. But we...

OL2002 Folder refresh problem
Hi all, I already posted this request, now I try to be more specific. I've 2 pc with MSOffice 2002 sp2 (I done Office Update). Here, when new mail arrives in inbox, I don't see "New mail message" alert until I click somewhere in OL folder treeview. As the same, if I send a mail, I see my message in Outbox even if mail is already delivered. When I click somewhere in treeview my mail goes in "Sent items". Note: Mail server has MSExchange 2000 sp3. Clients with OL2000 or OL2002 SP1 have no problems. -- Giulio Searching and searching and searching... I found s...

Chart disappears in Excel 2000 after scale is changed
When the scale of the chart is changed, the chart disappears. The chart and its data are on the same worksheet. ...

slow outlook after changed adress of exchange server
after we have migrated accounts from one to another mailserver the outlook2000 clients (after changing te settings) are very slow and sometimes they even hang. I supose there are some cached settings....but can's find them. Who can helpme out. P.S. deleting the profile and making a new one works, but there must be another way.... ...

Changing name on windows e-mail
My windows e-mail hasn't been working.Still want to keep the same one I HAVE ON FACEBOOK. Please explain in more detail. "southernlady@att.net" <southernlady@att.net@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E674E4C3-6ED5-490E-82F1-22F43FA17256@microsoft.com... > My windows e-mail hasn't been working.Still want to keep the same one I > HAVE > ON FACEBOOK. Windows Mail does not have anything to do with your email address. Your email provider dictates what that address would be. Email providers actually provide you with an email...

Exchange 5.5: License problem stopping outgoing mail for new users. (urgent)
Hi, We have an Exchange 5.5 mailserver on 2000Server, and a 2003 server as main server, both are in the Active Dir and the mailserver has been DCPromo:ed. Problem: I activated the licensing service on the servers a while ago, and since then the last added user, and any user I add, cannot send mail externally. Internal mail sends fine, but anything external comes back as "Message delivery failed due to a limitation in the system". (translated from Swedish) When I look at the licenses for Exchange, at the 2003- server, I see 116 CALs. We use about 50 (per seat). When I look a...

Exchange 2007 problem replying or forwarding certain emails through OWA
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01CB0D66.C0DA2C20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable This is a weird one, hoping for some guidance. I have a strictly OWA user reporting issues trying to forward/reply = certain emails that are in his Sent Items folder. I'm able to duplicate = the issue here from a completely different PC. The vast majority of = emails seem fine, but when replying/forwarding some of the emails OWA = triggers an error. All emails that I can find to trig...

Problem with keyboard input being locked in a form
I have a *very* weird problem (Access 97) that first developed sporadically a couple of days ago while working, and that now happens all the time. The symptom is this: When I try to edit the controls on the form, keyboard input is ignored. It's not the keyboard, because in the Immediate Window I can still type. It's not a record lock, because I can open the table and edit the record without problems. The controls are not locked if I check the .Locked property in the Immediate window. The underlying recordsource is not uneditable because I can change values in the underlying ...

how to change between Excel 2003 and 2010 as default
How to change between Excel 2003 and 2010 as default on your pc (note excel 2003 must be installed in a special directory so that it does not overwrite excel 2010 files): excel2003.bat rem Enter this first to disassociate an excel version... "c:\program files (x86)\microsoft Office2003\Office11\Excel.exe" /unregserver "c:\program files (x86)\microsoft Office\Office14\Excel.exe" /unregserver rem Then enter this to specify the default version... "c:\program files (x86)\microsoft Office2003\Office11\Excel.exe" /regserver excel2010.bat rem Enter this firs...

Backup of emails, business contact manager and contacts
What is the best way to back up everything i do. I use Business Contact Manager and email to do just about everything. I need a quick but comprehensive way to back up all of outlook. Aloha fred, Without info about your OS, Outlook version and such there isn't much we can do to be specific. See if this helps: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm. -Ben- Ben M. Schorr - MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm > What is the best way to back up everything i do. I use Business > Contact Manager ...

Grouping/ungrouging problem
I have several rows which give me the totals of information in other sheets. Let's put it graphically: This is my main sheet: _____________________________________ : Type 1 Type 2 : Category A 50 40 : Category B 20 10 : -------------------- : TOTAL 70 50 : :____________/ Sheet 1 - Totals \____________ The information of the different categories come from sheets like this: _____________________________________ : Date Type 1 Type 2 : xx/xx/xx 15 ...

Work Order Partial Close Problem
Does anyone know of a way to close a partial Work Order where the deposit is not equal to the full amount. For example- Customer comes in and orders 4 pieces of furniture for $1000 and pays deposit of $600. 3 pieces we have in stock and deliver them to customer, 1 piece out standing on Purchase Order 10 week delivery. 3 pieces delivered retail for $600 and we would like to close them off the Work Order. If the Order had a deposit for the full amount no problem. As POS is, it will not let you do a Partial Pick Up if the order is not paid in full. Thanks in advance, Edward Jensen ...

export problems for Excel
Hi all, Some of our users experience problems with exports to MS Excel. The thing is that currencies are not recognized by Excel as such, e.g. the Est. Revenue (from the Opportunity view) column is displayed there as text. Trying to resolve this by changing the format for the column in Excel actually doesn't help, as the figures e.g. can still not be used for formulas. Is this fixed by changing general settings in Excel? Can someone tell what settings? Thank you for replying, Basman What version of Excel are your users running? I haven't been able to recreate this. When I expor...