Printing single labels directly from CRM 4.0

Hi!

We are currently moving from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0 while at the same time
introducing many new users to the system. One feature that we would
like to have, partly to satisfy new users, would be to print
individual account's or contact's addresses to a labelwriter.

Basically, the idea would be that from any view you could select 1-n
accounts or contacts, then click print label on the toolbar, and then
the labels would print from your selected labelprinter. Especially
when printing only one or a few labels, this approach would be
preferable to printing eg through mailmerge.

I'm not sure if this can be done through reporting or some other way,
but if anyone has ideas or experience, we would be interested in
hearing about it!

Mattias Lindroth
Finnish Association for Local and Regional Authorities
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Mattias,

Did you ever find a solution for this, my client would like to do the same?

Thanks,

Katherine

"Mattias Lindroth" wrote:

> Hi!
>
> We are currently moving from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0 while at the same time
> introducing many new users to the system. One feature that we would
> like to have, partly to satisfy new users, would be to print
> individual account's or contact's addresses to a labelwriter.
>
> Basically, the idea would be that from any view you could select 1-n
> accounts or contacts, then click print label on the toolbar, and then
> the labels would print from your selected labelprinter. Especially
> when printing only one or a few labels, this approach would be
> preferable to printing eg through mailmerge.
>
> I'm not sure if this can be done through reporting or some other way,
> but if anyone has ideas or experience, we would be interested in
> hearing about it!
>
> Mattias Lindroth
> Finnish Association for Local and Regional Authorities

0
Katherine (14)

#DIV/0! displayed in Pivot Tables
I create Pivot Tables that use calced fields. Sometimes the calced fields divide zero by zero which results in #DIV/0! showing up in the RowTotals and TotalTotals. I can use the Table Options For Error Value Show (blank), which removes the #Div/0! from the table display, the only problem with doing this is the TotalTotal cells also show up as blank. Here's my code for creating the calced field. ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable2").CalculatedFields.Add "Weighted Avg Price", _ "=rev / PosSold" With ActiveSheet.P...

Business Portal 2.5/SQL 2005/Great Plains 8.0
Has anyone been able to get Business Portal 2.5 with SQL 2005 and Great Plains 8.0? We have heard that that they work together. -- Chuck N If you have GP sp4a, you can use SQL 2005. I am not sure about BP though. "Chuck N" wrote: > Has anyone been able to get Business Portal 2.5 with SQL 2005 and Great > Plains 8.0? We have heard that that they work together. > -- > Chuck N Chuck and David, The Business Portal system requirements state: "Business Portal Release 2.5 is not supported with Microsoft SQL Server 2005." -- Donna Marshall Technical Writer...

Outlook 2002 error message #4
Trying to delete an old email, when I try to delete it , I get "unknown error". I cannot move it or do anything with it. Is there a fix for this? ...

Change Contact mapping for "Track in CRM" button
Many of my users have hundreds or thousands of contacts they want to add to CRM. Many go in without issue, but some names get hacked up in all kinds of strange ways. Example: Dr. Danielle Johnston MD has the salutation "Dr." and the last name of "Danielle Johnston MD", no title or suffix. However, Tim Murphy III, Esq. has the first name of "Esq.", Last name "III", middle name "Tim Murphy". The sales rep did finally find Dr. Johnson alphabetically in the Ds and the attorney in the I section but this is very frustrating for them and CRM is st...

GP 8.0 Not Print Full Report (Detailed Aged Trial Balance w Option
Hello All, I was just wondering if anyone else has ran into this issue before. When printing the report mentioned in the subject, the full report is rarely output to the printer. It is fully displayed in GP, however when sending to the printer the full report is not output. To make it more interesting, the cutoff page seems to be random. As an example, the most recent report I attempted to print was 195 pages. The first time attempting to print it resulted in 137 pages being printed. Trying a second time resulted in 193 pages begin printed. A third attempt resulted in 34 pages be...

2003 moves minus signs to trail data labels!
My "minus signs" are trailing their data labels on my excel charts. Instead of: -27.6% It's displaying: 27.6%- The numbers in the reference cells are formatted normally with the minus sign before the number (-27.6). My only thought is I just upgraded from 98 to 2003. I did not have this problem in 98. What do I do? John - Sounds like somebody applied a custom number format. Select the labels, press CTRL+1 to format, and on the Number tab, select one of the standard percentage formats. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Servic...

Cannot access CRM from Windows 2003+SP1
I just upgrade my workstation from windows2000 to windows2003+SP1, when I tried to access CRM, it asked for my username and password, once I input and click ok, the IE seems loading something then closed without any error report. I tried to access CRM from other windows 2003 server without SP1, no problem. Is there anything that I can do to solve it? or need to config my IE setting? Any idea? Thank you. Sounds like you have a popup blocker installed. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 1...

Biz Portal 3.0
Does anyone know if there is a way for an administrator or manager to submit time for an employee that is either out sick or on vacation using the Business Portal? If not is the only other way have accounting enter the time in manually via GP clientdirectly? We are using Project Time & Expense v3.0 with Dynamics GP 9.0. Users are authenticating via active directory hooking in the PDK and GP accounts. Please advise ASAP Hi, Please let me know if you are looking for any custom solution. If so drop us a email to discuss. nj.tech@hotmail.com "az_hiker" wrote: > Does a...

Please Help #4
How can I output the last value entered in a range of cells into anothe cell? Example (Range= A1:A100, last value entered in A50) I want the value from A50 to be uotputed into B1 Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi if you have no blanks rows in between in column A enter the following in B1: =OFFSET($A$1,COUNTA(A1:A100)-1,0) Frank > How can I output the last value entered in a range of cells into > another cell? > Example (Range= A1:A100, last value entered in A50) > I want the value from A50 to be uotputed into B1 > Thanks > > > --- > Messa...

how do I surpress the printout of an empty field and its label?
I have 18 products and the name and address all in one record in the original Excel spreadsheet. My customer enters a number for the amount of a desired product. Of the 18 products a person may want 3 of one and 2 of another so the other 16 fields are null and I do not want them to print out on my report. want I want to print is: Joe Shmoe 123 Any place dr. NY,NY 12345 3 Book "A" 2 Book "B" What I don't want is what I get: Joe Shmoe 123 Any place dr. NY,NY 12345 3 Book "A" 2 Book "B" Book "C" Book "D" the other 14 g...

VS Tools and Prints Sales Documents.
(Cross-post from Dynamics GP Developer) I would like to set some default values in the Print Sales Documents window for printing pick lists (Transactions -> Print Sales Documents). First is there a way that the screen can be set up with default values within GP? I can set up some fields with default values with VS tools. The only field on the screen that gives me trouble is the "Range" list (bottom of screen). You have add the restrictions manually, it would seem. I would like the range/restriction list to be added programatically with VS Tools (if this can't be se...

Printing only >60 day statements
Going to 'Routines | Sales | Statements' is there an easy way to print *only* >60 days? The only option I find is Past Due which is not what we are looking for. TIA -- Roy Sinnamond The only way I can think is to either use Report Modifier, modify the report and use VBA to access and print field on the report or use Crystal Report. In any case; the RM_Open (RM20101) holds the aging period (AGNGBUKT). AGNGBUKT>2 is >60 days past due amount. "Roy Sinnamond" wrote: > Going to 'Routines | Sales | Statements' is there an easy way to print > *only...

Track in CRM when contact is missing e-mail adress
When I use "Track in CRM" from Outlook, the e-mail message normaly is saved under history for the contact owning this e-mail adress. When the e-mail adress don't exist, the massage is placed in a cue. I don't get any message/alarm. Is it possible to get a message asking me to look up the correct contact or creat one??? -- Ronny Not out of the box, but a good feature suggestion. Maybe as a workaround, in addition to "Track in CRM" you can also use the regarding field to fix link to the contact. Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.c...

Using an XLT file which prints unnecessary 2nd page
I am new to WindowsXP and Excel and struggling. When preparing a document from the .xlt file it prints 2 pages. When I do a Print Preview on the .xlt I can see a period on the left margin close to the bottom of the second page which is otherwise blank but when I actually go into the document I can't find it to erase it! On my XP machine it doesn't even show a second page in the print preview but it still prints the page with the period! My Windows ME machine does show the print preview second page but I still can't get to it to erase it. Your help would be greatly appreciate...

How to print gridlines?
I have read the "help" instructions, the Page Setup box for gridlines is checked; the Tools/Options box for gridlines is checked. Gridlines appear on the worksheet, but not in Print Preview; no solid outline appears on the worksheet. I think I've done this OK before. What am I missing? Maybe add some text to the worksheet! I don't think you can print a blank sheet showing gridlines. George Gee "OldManDon" <OldManDon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAD452AB-5B9B-4122-9C6F-186536AF4291@microsoft.com... >I have read the "help&...

can not print imported worksheet
I have excell 2000. It can print any sheet that is created. but not imported worksheet. can anyone help and explain to me. Thanks, Bobbie Does Print Preview work ? It may be that the Print area has been set wrongly. Check other File/Page Setup properties. Check under File/Print that the correct printer appears. Regards BrianB ========================================= "Bobbie" <bgoo@marisco.net> wrote in message news:<011f01c35c7c$5b904ef0$a001280a@phx.gbl>... > I have excell 2000. It can print any sheet that is > created. but not imported worksheet. can a...

Why can't I see the data labels I just added?
I have a stacked column chart I created last week with three data series. I added a fourth series today. I have data labels on the original three, and tried adding data labels to the fourth series. Excel acts like I added the labels by giving me a choice to format them, but I can't see them at all. I've tried changing the font color, but they don't show up at all. Three of the four data series are in consecutive columns B-D and the fourth series is in a non-consecutive column F. Does this have anything to do with it? I have Windows XP and Excel 2007 with SP1. What am I doin...

New to CRM: Importing Outlook Contacts
Going through the wizard it appears to only let you import from the main Contact folder and does not give you a choice of importing from another contact folder. Is there a way to do this? Can you import individual items from your Outlook Contacts by selecting them then somehow importing them as they become suspects? Thanks! Shauna Talk to your MSB about SCRIBE "Shauna" wrote: > Going through the wizard it appears to only let you > import from the main Contact folder and does not give you > a choice of importing from another contact folder. Is > there a way ...

Printing form CA on Hp printer?
Have new HP desktop and printer. Have OLK 2007. Can't print CA calendars. Can print all other documents. Can print calendars from Outlook. "Chuck" <Chuck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5871C4C2-6B6F-4329-A695-47F3F6F6FB2E@microsoft.com... > Have new HP desktop and printer. Have OLK 2007. Can't print CA calendars. > Can print all other documents. Can print calendars from Outlook. What's a "CA Calendar"? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

plot > 0 as green and < 0 as red
Excel 2002 SP3 Win XP HE Hi, In a column chart, how can I make the bars/columns where corresponding data point is positive (zero or above) plot in green (or other color) and columns where corresponding data point is negative, plot in red (or a different color)? Thanks! I was so happy when I finally figured it out that I wrote a tutorial: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/InvertIfNegative.html I haven't tried figuring it out for Excel 2007 yet, though. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://Pelt...

Problem with text box not printing
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Have a Word document which consists of a text box 7 x 10 inches and then several lines of text are centered in the box. When I print my document every thing prints except the top line of my box. Also I have done a print to file using the Adobe PDF Writer and I get the same results when I open the PDF file. <br><br>I can open this same documnet in Word on my PC send the document to the printer and it prints the entire box and text. What is the name of the style you are using to format the text in the text box? Is the...

Moving CRM 3.0 from one server & domain to another server & domain
We need to move CRM 3.0 from one domain (say Prod1) to another domain (say test1). We need to create a "copy" of our current production env. so that we can continue the development and testing elsewhere. The versions of software on both env. are same. I have tried to read / locate as much helpful info on this as possible. There are workflows and custom entities. Would one use the Export / Import Customizations followed by data migration tool (I believe this does not allow for the custom entities ?). Database backup and restore on another server --- will this work ? What are t...

Can I prevent a worksheet from printing?
Can I prevent a worksheet from printing? I have 3 worksheets in the file; one of which is calculations that I don't want to print if Entire Workbook is selected to print. You could set the print area on the calculations sheet to one empty cell. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "maarkr" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2cf1601c469de$96e78cf0$a401280a@phx.gbl... | Can I prevent a worksheet from printing? | I have 3 worksheets in the file; one of which is | calculations that I don't want to print if Entire Workbook | is selected to print. Possib...

re direct e-mail
how do i set up exchange 2003 so that all e-mail can be viewed from the administrator account? thanks in advance. "How to Get Service Account Access to All Mailboxes in Exchange 2000" http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;262054 "XADM: How to Enable the "Message Journaling" Function for an Exchange Server Mailbox Store" http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;261173&Product=exch2k On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 18:25:06 -0800, "bill" <bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >how do i set up exchange 2003 so that...

Print Coupon
How can i print a seperate receipt or coupon receipt if a specific item is sold. Example Somebody buy a digi camera i want to print a coupon saying he is entitled to 50 free prints. Can these be done? Hi. First, you can reprint a receipt with shift-F11. But if you want a special receipt that prints, especially if it refers to some type of point system, you need to have a customization done that fits the way you do business. You can contact me (and others that do this work) for RMS customizations. My email is jerry@jrdata.us. -- -Jerry JR Data Inc. "MaSTeRofPuPPeTs" wrote: &g...