Print a letter from a workflow

Hi,

Is it possible to run a workflow that would print a letter.

In other words when an accout is created (with certain conditions), letter a
is sent t the printer.

then wait 2 months then letter b is sent

then wait 2 months then letter c is sent.

All of these letters would need to be a template (ie with name address tags)

Thanks in advance
0
Tango (19)
12/9/2009 12:01:01 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On Dec 8, 7:01=A0pm, Tango <Ta...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to run a workflow that would print a letter.
>
> In other words when an accout is created (with certain conditions), lette=
r a
> is sent t the printer.
>
> then wait 2 months then letter b is sent
>
> then wait 2 months then letter c is sent.
>
> All of these letters would need to be a template (ie with name address ta=
gs)

> Thanks in advance

Hi Tango,

You could consider wiring some code to use Office Open XML to create
create and print your documents

HTH
Joe
This is not an activity which is available in the standard installation.
Printing usually is considered a client activity and you would like the
server to perform this action. It is technically possible. I don't know of
any third party addon for this, but you could certainly implement it.

--
Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD)
CRM/.NET Consultant

Tools for CRM Developers and Administrators
http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/Tools.aspx

"Tango" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to run a workflow that would print a letter.
>
> In other words when an accout is created (with certain conditions), letter a
> is sent t the printer.
>
> then wait 2 months then letter b is sent
>
> then wait 2 months then letter c is sent.
>
> All of these letters would need to be a template (ie with name address tags)
>
> Thanks in advance
0
Patrick2861 (490)
12/9/2009 2:04:02 PM
Hello,

Printing a will involve some dev, dev longer if you plan to customize the
letter according the created account.
Word is not necessarly installed on the crm server.
Eventually you could use report server, in crm 3 workflow was allowing to
call an url, but in CRM4 it seems more complex.
But you may simply generate by workflow a task for someone to print the
letter, easier and it also allows a checking on the printed letter.

CS
http://www.addonnice.com  Imagine CRM - CRM @Commerce

"Tango" <Tango@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de groupe
de discussion : 13594EB7-F5A2-48E7-8A02-D6661538B0D9@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to run a workflow that would print a letter.
>
> In other words when an accout is created (with certain conditions), letter
> is sent t the printer.
>
> then wait 2 months then letter b is sent
>
> then wait 2 months then letter c is sent.
>
> All of these letters would need to be a template (ie with name address
> tags)
>
> Thanks in advance

0
NOSPAMCS (53)
12/9/2009 10:06:23 PM
Hi Tango,

It is possible to send a letter to the printer using workflows and C#. To do
this, you have to work on a combination of Workflow and workflow-plugin.

You can create a WF to trigger the WF-plugin which inturn will send a file
to the printer.

the below URL has the code to send a file to the printer (In windows
Application).

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322091

Thanks
Joe

"Tango" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to run a workflow that would print a letter.
>
> In other words when an accout is created (with certain conditions), letter a
> is sent t the printer.
>
> then wait 2 months then letter b is sent
>
> then wait 2 months then letter c is sent.
>
> All of these letters would need to be a template (ie with name address tags)
>
> Thanks in advance
0
GIJoe (8)
12/10/2009 8:11:01 AM
Thanks for the responses

"GI Joe" wrote:

> Hi Tango,
>
> It is possible to send a letter to the printer using workflows and C#. To do
> this, you have to work on a combination of Workflow and workflow-plugin.
>
> You can create a WF to trigger the WF-plugin which inturn will send a file
> to the printer.
>
> the below URL has the code to send a file to the printer (In windows
> Application).
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322091
>
> Thanks
> Joe
>
> "Tango" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is it possible to run a workflow that would print a letter.
> >
> > In other words when an accout is created (with certain conditions), letter a
> > is sent t the printer.
> >
> > then wait 2 months then letter b is sent
> >
> > then wait 2 months then letter c is sent.
> >
> > All of these letters would need to be a template (ie with name address tags)
> >
> > Thanks in advance
0
Tango (19)

Sorting & Printing Contacts
Is there a way to get Outlook to ignore the word "The" in a company's name while sorting but still have it inserted correctly when printing? Suggest you use Microsoft Excel for setting up your contacts list and put the "The" in column "A" and the name in Column "B". You can then sort by "B" and not have the "The" screw up the sort. -- Bill "dafdesign" <dafdesign@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD6CA589-E8B7-43AD-873D-08B2FBBEDD3A@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to get Outlook to ignore the...

Re: preventing distribution lists from printing
I work for a large corporation and I often get outlook mail with ver long distribution lists. Is there any way to prohibit these lenght list from printing so that I only get the message? Thank - buddy ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.mcse.m ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message548641.htm ...

Why last line prints on second page
I have a two page form. The last line of the first page now prints on the top of the 2nd page. It USED TO print properly on the bottom of the first page. I don't know what I changed to have it print at the top of the 2nd page. How do I get it to print back on the bottom of the first page? I don't print forms, but I am thinking that either your margins changed or your printer, so check your margins. God Bless, Mark A. Sam "tjsmags" <tjsmags@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DDD44327-C3D0-47D3-A7FB-D5E5AFD6CACA@microsoft.com... >I have a t...

how to select record that you want to print in query criteria
Hi. I need to build a form the has some options to make wich will after the filter/criteria for queries. my olnly question is that I have to build something that will allow me to from a list of deprtments wich one I want to print. I have a table with all departments. Now I wanted to have a list or grade on my form that would allow me to choose two department of 10. I start to create a subform in continuous form with all results from the department table. then I insert a check box in the detail option but any time ti choose a department by clicking the check box all departments were se...

Printing to PDF Printer
With no errors appearing when printing to a PDF Printer (paperport), after saving the file and when viewing the PDF in Acrobat Reader the background colors (3) and border disappear. Does anyone know how to fix this? Michael, Repost with the version of whatever program you are using to create the pdf file. Also Windows version. In the meantime you may want to visit your graphics card maker and see if they have an update for their driver. -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of the 45+ countries in America! "Michael" <anonymous@discussions.micro...

Problem with objItem.InvokeVerbEx("Print")
Hi, I have found several examples of scripts that use this: "objItem.InvokeVerbEx("Print")" to print text files. However, when I use it, I get a dialog box for every single file printed with the date/time and an OK button. This is really anoying if you have hundreds of files to Print. I have seen the issue brought up before, but no answer to the question. I did try to send it to NUL objItem.InvokeVerbEx("Print") > NULL but that did nothing at all. Is there a way to print all the text files in a directory with out having to click OK 100 ti...

Printing small program
I am doing a favor for a friend and trying to print Wedding program. I would like to print on on the one side of the paper only so that the left side is blank. -- franny and? "franny" <franny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F078E1F2-F9D5-45FD-A3E5-DEC95EA072DF@microsoft.com... >I am doing a favor for a friend and trying to print Wedding program. I > would like to print on on the one side of the paper only so that the left > side is blank. -- > franny What is your question? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "franny...

Using MasterPackQuantity in Purchase Order Print Outs
I want to be able to customize my Purchase Order print outs whereby for each item I would have the following headings: -Reorder Number -Carton Quantity (ie. Quantity Ordered / MasterPackQuantity) -Pack Quantity (ie. MasterPackQuantity) -Quantity Ordered -Description -Unit Price -Total Cost For example: An item I have has an MPQ of 12, a Restock Point of 5 and Restock Level of 24 and I have 3 in stock. Therefore I have to order 24 units of this item. I want to represent this on my Purchase order as 2 x 12 pieces. Can this be done? Thanks, Brian ...

Money 2002,printing checks
I am using Money 2002 as our family checkbook and I am needing a question answered about printing checks.I always have to have two or three checks entered into the register to be printed before the program will even let me print checks.If I don't have enough checks to be printed it shows me an error saying I don't have any accounts with checks to be printed. See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q91. "Terry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07a101c392b7$3fb394f0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I am using Money 2002 as our family checkbook and ...

Display project by group
I need to display my Proj 2007 schedule using the group ‘Org X Area’. This displays just fine on screen but when I try to print (or even print preview) the three vertical bars to the left of the task name fail to print. I tried it in Proj 2010 beta and the same problem exists. Any suggestions to fix this – it’s no good to me if I can’t print. Thanks, Stuart Hi Stuart, No, sorry. This was noted awhile ago and I don't know if there are any plans in the works to change. If you take a screen capture (Print Screen) or save as a gif file using the camera button is it better...

how can I print edge to edge when making postcards in publisher?
I made my Postcards 4 per page portrait and the cards appear off center in the print preview and parts are cut off and there is a white area on all 4 sides. I need to print edge to edge how can I adjust the margins? Can your printer print borderless? Your printer has margin limitations, an unprintable area. Generally in portrait your largest margin will be on the bottom. Look at your documentation. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "tnaa97" <tnaa97@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D...

How can you print a large poster on an 8-1/2x11 or 8-1/2x14 paper
I need to print "samples" of a 2' x 3' poster on a standard printer (in one sheet). Any suggestions? Convert it to a .pdf file. Print to fit within Adobe Reader. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Publisher non-geek" <Publisher non-geek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4AD094B0-94E5-41F6-99DC-0D2EFD7BABB0@microsoft.com... >I need to print "samples" of a 2' x 3' poster on a standard printer (in one > sheet). Any suggestions? ...

Object in Workflow
Dear All, Do you thing it's possible to add object in CRM Workflow??. I need more CRM object on it such as Activities, Users etc Rgds, Frans Not in the current versions. As always its a possiblity for version but right now we have no idea what new features are coming out in later releases "Frans Cahyadi" <frans@Intimedia.com> wrote in message news:%23bT5bj0JEHA.3944@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Dear All, > > Do you thing it's possible to add object in CRM Workflow??. I need more CRM > object on it such as Activities, Users etc > > Rgds, > Fran...

Not printing text box borders?
I am trying to design a form in Excel 2002 and I'd like to use text boxes but I'd like them to print without a border. I can't seem to find any way to turn the border off. Is there a way to format the text box so I can do this? TIA. Gary Vocks Gary, Is this a worksheet or UserForm? By "print," do you mean it shows on the screen but doesn't print (to paper)? If you want to remove the border entirely (screen and print), and you're using a text box from the Control Toolbox (Sheet or UserForm), set its BorderStyle property to fmBorderStyleNone. It's pr...

Printing after using column auto fit
There seems to be a funky disconnect between my printer and excel. I've used column auto fit to make sure all columns are large enough so that I don't get the ####. It looks great on the screen, but when I do a print preview (and actual print), I still get the ####. Therefore, I then have to go to each column manually to adjust the width and keep checking the print preview to make sure all the ### are gone. Any ideas??? Change the font to something slightly smaller or increase the columnwidth (like you're doing). WYSIWYG ain't necessarily true! Caroline Lackey wrote...

Capitalize first letter in text box
Is there a way to capitalize the first letter entered into a text box, such as a field that would ask for a Name? <setabery@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1179147166.403763.312140@o5g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > Is there a way to capitalize the first letter entered into a text box, > such as a field that would ask for a Name? This should work for you. Substitute your textbox name for Text0: Private Sub Text0_KeyUp(KeyCode As Integer, Shift As Integer) ' Changes first character in a text box to Sentence Case ' Arvin Meyer 4/30/1999 On Error GoTo Err_Text0 If Len(Me...

Printing from a CWnd??
Hello all, I see that I can print to a device context using the PrintWindow function. PrintWindow is a member of class CWnd, but it requires, as an input parameter, a pointer to a device context for a printer. How does one go about getting the device context (an instance of class CDC) for the printer(s) that your system knows about? TIA Harvey >How does one go about getting the device context (an instance of class CDC) >for the printer(s) that your system knows about? Harvey, It depends on your situation. You could get it via the print dialog using CPrintDialog::GetPrinterDC...

Print Debug Statement
Hi, I need to know, Is MFC provide us debug point printing on console?? I seen AfxDump() function but it is taking CObject * as input parameter. I tried AfxDump((CObject *)"Break Point"); But Unhandled exception at 0x7832e858 (mfc80ud.dll) in Sample.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x61657252. Please guide me, How i can print debug statements on console using MFC or any other win32 way?? Regards, -aimslife "aimslife" <momer114@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%23AzDlOkQIHA.4712@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I need to know, Is MFC provide ...

Show comments when printing a document
Is it possible to print a worksheet within an excel document and show the comments that are generated within? EXCEL 2007 Type:- show comments - into the F1 Help Facility and hit Search. The first topic that comes up is called:- Print comments If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "DBish" wrote: > Is it possible to print a worksheet within an excel document and show the > comments that are generated within? I believe what you are asking for can be set up on the Page Setup dialog box on its Sheet tab. You can dis...

workflow not triggering when opportunites created while converting lead????
I have a number of workflows that trigger when a new opportunity is created. They all work fine EXCEPT when an opportunity is created when converting a lead. When you convert a lead, and check "create opportunity" in the convert lead dialog box.....it does not trigger opportunites that are set up to fire on "create". Any body else run into this? Yep. "SteveT" <drumguy61-google@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:4635de59.0312101018.7e960d68@posting.google.com... > I have a number of workflows that trigger when a new opportunity is > created. They all wo...

Duplex printing in Word 2004 and Leopard

How to save and print labels
Hello i have a 21 labels to a sheet A4 size and how do i customise them and thensave the template for other batches cannot do it help would be appreciated File, Save as, files of type, Publisher template. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Ruthanne Walker" <Ruthanne Walker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3D7A2AE8-4727-40EA-9773-ACEA3CBD6269@microsoft.com... > Hello > i have a 21 labels to a sheet A4 size and how do i customise them and > thensave the template for other batches...

XL XP template, looking for non-printing objects
We have a hardcopy form that we can't edit (hardcopy submission of the form is required). To make life easier for the current users, I'm putting together an Excel template so they can fill in the information, then print it right on this form instead of handwriting everything. For labels, I added labels off the control toolbox and set the properties/print object = False. This part works great. Now I have an area of entry cells, all lumped together. I want to somehow draw the eye to the appropriate cells for data entry, like a backcolor or border, but I need something that has a printo...

Error when printing in Vista O/S and Access 2003
I have Access 2003 running on Vista. I just got a new work station with Vista. In the past, this database worked flawlessly in XP. I am receiving this error message when I try to open a report in Vista only: "There has been a problem retreiving printer information for this object. The object may have been sent to a printer that is unavailable." There is a default printer which is working for other programs. I cannot print the report from Access. The database still prints fine when running from a workstation with XP. Please let me know if there are any bugs and/or fixes a...