Primary Contacts 03-23-06

Can someone tell me about how references to the Primary Contact is stored in
the database?

Because the Primary Contact lookup field let's you lookup any contact, I
have users who have assigned people, who work for other accounts, as Primary
Contacts for the account they were viewing.

I need to find all the Primary Contacts, the account they are assigned to as
a primary, and then lookup the primary contact's parent account.

Thanks for the help

James

using version 1.2
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

crystal reports 9.2.2 02-03-04
I have been working on customizing reports. After I upgraded crm to 1.2 I can no longer access my reports. I tried to install the crystal repors enhancement for 1.2. I am getting an error that I am using crystal reports 9.2.0 and I need to upgrade to 9.2.2? I had crystal reports 9.0 professional edition installed on my computer also. I removed that and then tried to install the crm 1.2 crystal reports enhancement and I am getting the same errors. Please help. Thank you It seems that CRM requires a very specific version of crystal reports ie 9.2.2 Microsoft have told me that you ...

Outlook 2007
I created an email and addressed it to one of my Contacts. When I printed the email, it printed an additional field at the top called "Contacts" with that contact's name. This is not a customized form. Why is this field printing at the bottom of the TO, SUBJECT, and ATTACHMENTS fields in the header as an additional header. Thanks so much! Jean ...

RESOURCE USAGE 03-21-10
I work with a calendar that is setting 9 hours work/day for all the resources. In the resource usage I see that more than 8 hours of work is shown in red, but also sometimes all kinds of hours like 4.5, 5.6, 4.8 hs is red as well, even though is a normal working day. What is going on here???? txs A couple of things: 1) Are you sure the resource calendars are also set to 9 hours per day? If not, they would show up overallocated when assigned to 9 hours of tasks. 2) Project calculates overallocations to the minute. If you have two tasks, both assigned to the same resource...

Using Float Type Variables for Primary on SQL 2005
We seem to have hit an oddity. We have a stored procedure that gets the next sequence number. It is protected by a transaction so no two processes could update the table of ids at the same time. Every so often, we get duplicates. How could that happen? Is the value based on mantissa? If so, is there a way to expanded it? Keep in mind, I can't change the type from float. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance On 2010-07-19 16:19, RG wrote: > We seem to have hit an oddity. > Please don't multi-post. If you have to post to multiple newsgroup...

Contacts Tab
Hi Under the Contacts tab of an Account record the only two columns displayed are Full Name and Company Phone. Is there any way to add other columns, for example, job title? If not in this version (v1.2) is there any word of this being included in version 2? Thanks Lee You can customize tables, view and forms - add or remove fields, columns, and textbox using CRM Customization. So answer to your question is YES, it is possible "Lee" <l.hargrave@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:394322d8.0409220250.5d5658e@posting.google.com... > Hi > > Under the Contacts tab of...

Using contact categories as distribution lists
Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 I select a category name "Robinson Family". Actions->Create->New Message to Contact. (get msg "this action apply to all items in the selected groups". Click OK). A new email message window appears but only email1 shows up for each person, not email2 and email3. I found this tip by searching microsoft.com How to Use Contact Categories as Distribution Lists in Outlook http://email.about.com/od/outlooktips/qt/et_category_dis.htm This tip says that all the email addresses for each person will automatically be plac...

How to enable Shared Contacts to show up When Addressing an email message.
How to enable Shared Contacts to show up When Addressing an email message. Basically when you type in a email address/name it finds it in a another users "SHARED" contacts... (So you don't have to manually find/add it.) Can someone point me to some instructions? Thanks Russ -- Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP] MCP, MCPS, MCNPS, SBSC Remote Small Business Server/Computer Support - www.SBITS.Biz BPOS - Microsoft Online Services - www.Microsoft-Online-Services.com This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0736_01CAFD9B.F594AC40 C...

Outlook 2002: can't add new contacts, or new calendar entries
Hi; I've been struggling to get Outlook 2002 to add new contacts. They are created, but the name won't appear. Also when I try to add an event to the calendar, nothing appears. I have had these problems since Outlook 2000, which was the main reason I upgraded to Office XP Pro. But it hasn't solved the problem. I also find I can't get the auto archive to work properly, it often stops. I can't manually drag/move older emails to the archive folders, only newer ones. I've run the SCANPST program a few times, no errors. I've been trying to reduce the siz...

HELP! 12-06-07
Excel won't open and I've both tried re-installing it, and rebooting what should I do? On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 00:42:20 -0500, avarage wrote: > Excel won't open and I've both tried re-installing it, and rebooting what > should I do? You have posted this message to the wrong newsgroup. The access in this groups name refers to Microsoft Access, a database program. Please repost to the correct newsgroup for whatever Office program you are using. I would suggest you include your Windows and Office version number in the message. -- Fred Please respond only to this newsgrou...

excel sorting 03-28-10
I have a text spreadsheet of 5,000 names and addresses. Column B needs to restricted to only 16 characters in that column. How do I send the records to the bottom of the page (or delete them) that have data that exceeds 16 characters in Column B? You could insert a new column. In that column, in row 2 put the formula =len(B2) and copy it down the column. Then sort the table on then new column ascending. Tom ...

Email&Contacts Backup
I exported my emails and contacts to a file called "backup.pst" and saved it to a cd. After formating my hard drive and installing office I tried to import the file and get message "you do not have required permission for this action". Any help would be appreciated. Thank you, Brian Booker copy the pst to your hard drive and remove the read only flag. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answers: http...

SendObject 02-03-08
I have a routine that creates a list of e-mails to be sent out, when the list is completed it then loops through and uses the Docmd.sendObject to send each mail (Access 2000). This used to work very well and I have not had any problem with it until about 3 months ago when it started to send the first mail all ok, out look would ask if it was ok to send and you said yes and it was sent and so on, but now it sends the first mail all ok and then it just loops through the rest with no outlook messages or error messages but dos not send any of the other mails. This used to work very well abo...

Option Buttons 06-21-07
If I choose a Control Source I can get the option buttons to work. Can you help? -- Dick Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200706/1 Do you want us to push the button? What is the problem? UpRider "richardlafrance via AccessMonster.com" <u31432@uwe> wrote in message news:740b97593dc91@uwe... > If I choose a Control Source I can get the option buttons to work. Can > you > help? > > -- > Dick > > Message posted via AccessMonster.com > http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ac...

problem getting my hotmail contacts into outlook
I am new to outlook and want my hotmail contacts to be in outlook it says that you can do it and believe me I have tried, using all the help features available but no luck it says you need an MSN connector which I have tried to find. Hi , have a look on this site : "Download Microsoft Office Outlook Connector for MSN" http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=aa0ad3b0-e1a4-4990-a2be-dde78fed0709&displaylang=en Maybe it helps. -- Oliver Vukovics Share your Outlook PST files without Exchange: Public ShareFolder Synchronisation for Outlook and Exchange: Public...

permissions 03-29-06
I have a Marketing Professional who needs the ability to convert Leads - what circle / state do I need to fill out in the Security role? To Disqualify a lead -------------------- 1. Read Lead 2. Write Lead To Qualify a lead to an opportunity ---------------------------------- 1. Read Lead 2. Read account 3. Read contact 4. Read opportunity 5. Create opportunity 6. Write Lead 7. AppendTo lead 8. AppendTo account 9. AppendTo contact 10. Append opportunity To Qualify a lead to an account ------------------------------ 1. Read Lead 2. Read account 3. Write Lead 4. AppendTo lead 5. Append Acco...

Macro to delete rows 03-17-10
I'd appreciate some help in creating a macro to delete rows. Here's what I need: 1) Delete rows 1-13 2) Then find all rows that are highlited blue and delete them 3) Then find all rows that include the text "Distr" and delete them Suggestions? Thanks in advance. Tell us how the rows came to be blue... -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "JeffF" <JeffF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:863D165C-D100-42E5-9294-3569F1829DF0@microsoft.com... > I'd appreciate some help in creating a...

Global Contact List in a Public Folder???
Hi All, I was wondering if it is possible to display the contents of our Global Contacts List as a Contacts Public Folder? Obviously i would like to use some LDAP filtering and break it up into different lists for different people to have access to.. but first things first. Do I need to make an Exchange App? or there an easy way to do this? Any help would be appreciated, Rick Hello, one solution would be a synchronization on a specific schedule... read the GAL and create/update a contact entry in the public folder. Should not be so hard to write... Greetings, Henning Krause "R...

Why can't a primary key be duplicated?
Why can't a primary key be duplicated in Access? Because a primary key, by definition, identifies a unique record within a table. If it can be duplicated, then you don't have uniquely identifiable records in your table. -- Ken Snell http://www.accessmvp.com/KDSnell/ "torijoshmom" <torijoshmom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ECB13770-C283-48A0-BC94-8374572F4E4E@microsoft.com... > Why can't a primary key be duplicated in Access? torijoshmom <torijoshmom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Why can't ...

Tennessee Frist Sales Tax Holiday 8/4/06 to 8/6/06?
Hello, Today I got a memo from the Tennessee Department of Revenue for a Back-to-School Supplies, Clothing, and Computers Tax-Exempt During Tennessee's First Sales Tax Holiday. In August of this year, Tennessee will hold its first annual sales tax holiday, giving shoppers the opportunity to purchase certian school suppliers, computers and clothing tax-free for a specific period of time beginning at 12:01am on Friday, Aug 4 and ending at 11:59pl on Sunday, Aug 6. We have stores on all different parts of Tennessee with different items sales tax base on their location. I saw two opt...

Stats microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (last 7 days) 06-07-10
"Caveat: Quantity is not necessarily a measure of Quality" Newsgroup.................: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general Stats Were Taken..........: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 08:14:28 GMT Stats Begin...............: Mon, 31 May 2010 08:29:11 GMT Stats End.................: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 06:42:42 GMT Days......................: 7 Total No. of Articles.....: 526 Total No. of Characters...: 1263268 Total Volume..............: 1233 Messages Per Day..........: 75.1 Characters Per Day........: 180466.9 Average Daily Volume......: 176 kB Total Posters This Week...:...

How do I autodate(excel) every 7 days ex. 1/1/06-1/31/06?
Enter 1/1/2006 in A1 In A2 enter =A1+7 Drag/copy down. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 11:36:03 -0800, "tlk1214" <tlk1214@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Missing Contacts
Hello, HELP I installed Outlook 2000 (and I tried 2002) on a system here at the school and while the contacts do show up when either the contact rolladex or folder Icon is selected.. they do not show up when you use the address book when addressing a message. If you select TO: CC: or BCC and then change the drop down list to contacts - no names appear HELP THANK YOU ALL T First of all, right click the contacts folder, left click properties, Outlook Address Book Tab. Is the option to display as an Address book checked? If not check it and test. If it is, Click Tools, services, remove ...

Outlook 03 big problem with Address Books
Hi Just installed Outlook 03 with Business Contact manager. And here's a big problem. When typing in an email address from my it defaults to the new address book - which contains nothing so I have to go and select my old Contacts address book - very very frustrating and time consuming. Questions: 1) Can I import from my old address book into the new one or 2) Can I get Outlook to dafault to my new address book. Many thanks JS ...

WebDav Update Public Folder Contact cannot be Opened by outlook 2000
Exchange Version: 2003 Outlook Version: 2000 with SP3 Problem: I used WebDav to insert / update Public Folder Contact, which is successful. I can navigate to the public folder and see all the items there with correct updates. However, when I click on individual items to view details, I get "can't open this item. you do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. see the folder contact or your system administrator microsoft outlook public folder contact" This works with OutLook 2002 and 2003, my company has not and will not upgrade outlook for ...

Business Contact
I have a long list of business contacts sorted by Accounts. Unfortunately, I clicked the Accounts column while in the Business Contacts view, and all those accounts disappeared from the column. The title of the column shows, but nothing is populated or organized based on account. Now, all my contacts are ungrouped (over 3,000). If you click on an individual contact, the person still retains its Linked Account designation, but those accounts are no longer linked and organized via that filter. Can anyone help with bringing back that category to my Business Contacts view? I hope this...