Price List change the price element alone (CRM 4.0 Spanish)

When I add a product to the price list, I specified the price of it. Then I
click under the SAVE option, and it change alone from 100.00 € to
1.000.000.00€.
I am not using Discount Lists, and The Unit measurement is 1 quantity.
We are working with Euro divisa.
I upgraded from CRM 3 to 4 using the spanish version.
Any idea about why it is failing?
0
BeroniInf (4)
4/21/2008 3:58:04 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Check your number format in "Workspace" check the "Format-Tab" there the
numberformat might be wrong (dots and commas) so it is for german (germany)
not for german (austria).
so wie fond another language which wasn't tested
;-)

"Beroni Inf." wrote:

> When I add a product to the price list, I specified the price of it. Then I
> click under the SAVE option, and it change alone from 100.00 € to
> 1.000.000.00€.
> I am not using Discount Lists, and The Unit measurement is 1 quantity.
> We are working with Euro divisa.
> I upgraded from CRM 3 to 4 using the spanish version.
> Any idea about why it is failing?
0
Gregor (48)
4/21/2008 9:11:33 PM
Thanks Gregor.
I checked the configuration for spanish, and it is ok, into the format tab.
It is configured as:

- Number: 123.456.789,00
- Divisa 123.456.789,00 €

But when I try to put the product price, it act with prices using all "."
also using decimals. EX: 123.456.789.00 €. For exaple, if I write letters
instead of numbers the field price, the CRM show this MessageBox: You must
write a number between 0.00 and 1.000.000.000.000.00.

I also tried to change to the English (american) format, and the problem
isn't solved.

Thanks for your help,

David.

"Gregor" wrote:

> Check your number format in "Workspace" check the "Format-Tab" there the
> numberformat might be wrong (dots and commas) so it is for german (germany)
> not for german (austria).
> so wie fond another language which wasn't tested
> ;-)
>

> "Beroni Inf." wrote:
>
> > When I add a product to the price list, I specified the price of it. Then I
> > click under the SAVE option, and it change alone from 100.00 € to
> > 1.000.000.00€.
> > I am not using Discount Lists, and The Unit measurement is 1 quantity.
> > We are working with Euro divisa.
> > I upgraded from CRM 3 to 4 using the spanish version.
> > Any idea about why it is failing?
0
BeroniInf (4)
4/22/2008 12:03:00 PM
Hi Beroni,

I tried to simulate the wrong settings in my environment: I can't remember
exactly what I changed. My advice: change the settings at the server AND the
client to the propper settings. (maybe it is neccessary to override the
format decimal and grouping for spanish)

As you see in your error message it has to do someting with the format.

pls let me know how it worked out.

"Beroni Inf." wrote:

> Thanks Gregor.
> I checked the configuration for spanish, and it is ok, into the format tab.
> It is configured as:
>
> - Number: 123.456.789,00
> - Divisa 123.456.789,00 €
>
> But when I try to put the product price, it act with prices using all "."
> also using decimals. EX: 123.456.789.00 €. For exaple, if I write letters
> instead of numbers the field price, the CRM show this MessageBox: You must
> write a number between 0.00 and 1.000.000.000.000.00.
>
> I also tried to change to the English (american) format, and the problem
> isn't solved.
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> David.
>

> "Gregor" wrote:
>
> > Check your number format in "Workspace" check the "Format-Tab" there the
> > numberformat might be wrong (dots and commas) so it is for german (germany)
> > not for german (austria).
> > so wie fond another language which wasn't tested
> > ;-)
> >

> > "Beroni Inf." wrote:
> >
> > > When I add a product to the price list, I specified the price of it. Then I
> > > click under the SAVE option, and it change alone from 100.00 € to
> > > 1.000.000.00€.
> > > I am not using Discount Lists, and The Unit measurement is 1 quantity.
> > > We are working with Euro divisa.
> > > I upgraded from CRM 3 to 4 using the spanish version.
> > > Any idea about why it is failing?
0
Gregor (48)
4/22/2008 6:41:01 PM
Hi

Gregor is right.
Please check the users settings in Outlook. CRM->Properties and then go to
the Format pane.

I have had the same problem.
In Denmark our format is 123.456,00 but when we upgraded to 4.0 it says in
the workspace setting 123.456.00

We changed it, but only new users worked well. Therefore you have to check
each users settings.

Hope this will help

Regards Munk

"Gregor" wrote:

> Hi Beroni,
>
> I tried to simulate the wrong settings in my environment: I can't remember
> exactly what I changed. My advice: change the settings at the server AND the
> client to the propper settings. (maybe it is neccessary to override the
> format decimal and grouping for spanish)
>
> As you see in your error message it has to do someting with the format.
>
> pls let me know how it worked out.
>
> "Beroni Inf." wrote:
>
> > Thanks Gregor.
> > I checked the configuration for spanish, and it is ok, into the format tab.
> > It is configured as:
> >
> > - Number: 123.456.789,00
> > - Divisa 123.456.789,00 €
> >
> > But when I try to put the product price, it act with prices using all "."
> > also using decimals. EX: 123.456.789.00 €. For exaple, if I write letters
> > instead of numbers the field price, the CRM show this MessageBox: You must
> > write a number between 0.00 and 1.000.000.000.000.00.
> >
> > I also tried to change to the English (american) format, and the problem
> > isn't solved.
> >
> > Thanks for your help,
> >
> > David.
> >

> > "Gregor" wrote:
> >
> > > Check your number format in "Workspace" check the "Format-Tab" there the
> > > numberformat might be wrong (dots and commas) so it is for german (germany)
> > > not for german (austria).
> > > so wie fond another language which wasn't tested
> > > ;-)

0
Munk (16)
4/23/2008 10:34:00 AM
Hi Gregor,
Just it works now!
The configuration was different from Outlook than Web Client. I don't know
why, but in Outook, into the configuration, it was configured using both "."
as delimiters for dots and comas. I'm sure I have not changed it never.
Thanks for your help.

"Gregor" wrote:

> Hi Beroni,
>
> I tried to simulate the wrong settings in my environment: I can't remember
> exactly what I changed. My advice: change the settings at the server AND the
> client to the propper settings. (maybe it is neccessary to override the
> format decimal and grouping for spanish)
>
> As you see in your error message it has to do someting with the format.
>
> pls let me know how it worked out.
>
> "Beroni Inf." wrote:
>
> > Thanks Gregor.
> > I checked the configuration for spanish, and it is ok, into the format tab.
> > It is configured as:
> >
> > - Number: 123.456.789,00
> > - Divisa 123.456.789,00 €
> >
> > But when I try to put the product price, it act with prices using all "."
> > also using decimals. EX: 123.456.789.00 €. For exaple, if I write letters
> > instead of numbers the field price, the CRM show this MessageBox: You must
> > write a number between 0.00 and 1.000.000.000.000.00.
> >
> > I also tried to change to the English (american) format, and the problem
> > isn't solved.
> >
> > Thanks for your help,
> >
> > David.
> >

> > "Gregor" wrote:
> >
> > > Check your number format in "Workspace" check the "Format-Tab" there the
> > > numberformat might be wrong (dots and commas) so it is for german (germany)
> > > not for german (austria).
> > > so wie fond another language which wasn't tested
> > > ;-)

0
BeroniInf (4)
4/23/2008 11:29:01 AM
Thanks for your help. As you have seen, I had the same problem than you.
Best regards,
David.

"Munk" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Gregor is right.
> Please check the users settings in Outlook. CRM->Properties and then go to
> the Format pane.
>
> I have had the same problem.
> In Denmark our format is 123.456,00 but when we upgraded to 4.0 it says in
> the workspace setting 123.456.00
>
> We changed it, but only new users worked well. Therefore you have to check
> each users settings.
>
> Hope this will help
>
> Regards Munk
>
> "Gregor" wrote:
>
> > Hi Beroni,
> >
> > I tried to simulate the wrong settings in my environment: I can't remember
> > exactly what I changed. My advice: change the settings at the server AND the
> > client to the propper settings. (maybe it is neccessary to override the
> > format decimal and grouping for spanish)
> >
> > As you see in your error message it has to do someting with the format.
> >
> > pls let me know how it worked out.
> >
> > "Beroni Inf." wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks Gregor.
> > > I checked the configuration for spanish, and it is ok, into the format tab.
> > > It is configured as:
> > >
> > > - Number: 123.456.789,00
> > > - Divisa 123.456.789,00 €
> > >
> > > But when I try to put the product price, it act with prices using all "."
> > > also using decimals. EX: 123.456.789.00 €. For exaple, if I write letters
> > > instead of numbers the field price, the CRM show this MessageBox: You must
> > > write a number between 0.00 and 1.000.000.000.000.00.
> > >
> > > I also tried to change to the English (american) format, and the problem
> > > isn't solved.
> > >
> > > Thanks for your help,
> > >
> > > David.

0
BeroniInf (4)
4/23/2008 11:47:00 AM
Hi David,

I know you didn't change it. It's bug. But if it would be the worst one
everything would be ok......
;-)

btw. thx for the rating. It looks like the bad habit of not closing/rating
is growing here....