Prevent outlook data sync

HI,

I have been trawling round this NG and the support areas of MBS to no avail.
What I am trying to do is to insert contacts into an empty default contacts
folder for a mailbox whitout them being created as new contacts in CRM.
Everything we have tried has failed.

I have deselected contacts from the personal options section 'create
microsoft crm items in my default outllok folders' but it makes no
difference.

If we put a contact in that folder it creates a new contact with equivalent
details in CRM, either when online (if online when put the contact in the
folder) or when go online (if offline when put the contact in the folder).

The reason we have for doing this is that we are not happy with the sync
performance so are looking at synching on one machine and copying data to a
central public folder and subsequently copying to using a third party tool to
sync that public folder with the default contacts folder for each mailbox.

However everytime we try and insert contacts from the central folder into te
default folder we end up creating loads of new contacts in crm. Can anyone
advise where I am going wrong?

pete
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

AD Sync problem

data sort

cannot open hyper links in outlook

Pulling data from separate tabs

outlook 97 and express email problems

using the journal on outlook

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

Are there free upgrades to Outlook 2000?

Outlook context menu lost most options
Hi there. I'd dearly love some help with this matter. It's been going on for months now. Has anyone got any idea how I can sort this issue out? "Jonathan E. (NZ)" <s_pam_stop@hotmail.comTAKEOUTTHESECAPS> wrote in message news:<eYICp6NCFHA.3976@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>... Hi there, I run outlook 2003. It would seem that the context menu has lost the plot. It looks like outlook has gone into some "mode" other than the one it is usually in by default. I have found that when I right click on any mail folder the context menu has very different options f...

outlook 2007 e-mail

predict future data

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook