Pilote CRM 3.0

We have already CRM 1.2 and we want to run CRM 3.0 on the same environnment.
Is it possible to have both version working with it before upgrading to
version 3.0
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

It is possible to have 3.0 and 1.2 running in the same environment.  They
have to be on separate servers - they can share a database server, but not
databases.

It sounds like you want to do a 'test' upgrade of CRM 1.2 and try out 3.0
before you take your 3.0 environment down.  If that is the case, post back
and I can provide details.

"emeric Thibaud" <emeric Thibaud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have already CRM 1.2 and we want to run CRM 3.0 on the same
> environnment.
> Is it possible to have both version working with it before upgrading to
> version 3.0

0
Joe
4/12/2006 4:59:00 PM
Yes, we would like to run 3.0 and 1.2 in the same time. So I have to install
a separate server with crm 3.0  and I can use a new database on the SQL
server in place ?
Any impact on the AD and exchange server ?
After the pilote is working fine, we will switch to 3.0 crm.
best regards.
emeric

"Joe L" wrote:

> It is possible to have 3.0 and 1.2 running in the same environment.  They
> have to be on separate servers - they can share a database server, but not
> databases.
>
> It sounds like you want to do a 'test' upgrade of CRM 1.2 and try out 3.0
> before you take your 3.0 environment down.  If that is the case, post back
> and I can provide details.
>

> "emeric Thibaud" <emeric Thibaud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We have already CRM 1.2 and we want to run CRM 3.0 on the same
> > environnment.
> > Is it possible to have both version working with it before upgrading to
> > version 3.0

I create a new OU in AD for each CRM installation I do - but that is
optional.
Just create a new web server and install CRM 3.0.  It will ask you for an
Org name.  Use something different from your 1.2 Organization name as it
will use this name to create the new databases.

No problem with Exchange.

This will give you a clean CRM 3.0 install to play with.
When you are ready to upgrade your 1.2 installation, you will run that on
your 1.2 server and the upgrade will upgrade your existing db's for you.

> Yes, we would like to run 3.0 and 1.2 in the same time. So I have to
> install
> a separate server with crm 3.0  and I can use a new database on the SQL
> server in place ?
> Any impact on the AD and exchange server ?
> After the pilote is working fine, we will switch to 3.0 crm.
> best regards.
> emeric
>
> "Joe L" wrote:
>
>> It is possible to have 3.0 and 1.2 running in the same environment.  They
>> have to be on separate servers - they can share a database server, but
>> not
>> databases.
>>
>> It sounds like you want to do a 'test' upgrade of CRM 1.2 and try out 3.0
>> before you take your 3.0 environment down.  If that is the case, post
>> back
>> and I can provide details.
>>

>> "emeric Thibaud" <emeric Thibaud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> > We have already CRM 1.2 and we want to run CRM 3.0 on the same
>> > environnment.
>> > Is it possible to have both version working with it before upgrading to
>> > version 3.0

0
Joe
4/12/2006 9:29:24 PM
Emeric,

Maybe you should set up a virtual server with a seperate AD, SQL Server and
Exchange environment for testing.
You could use Virtual PC to do this.

This way you keep your production environment clean.

--
Erik van Hoof
CWR Mobility

"emeric Thibaud" <emeric Thibaud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have already CRM 1.2 and we want to run CRM 3.0 on the same
> environnment.
> Is it possible to have both version working with it before upgrading to
> version 3.0

0
Erik
4/13/2006 7:16:27 PM
Hello,

this is an option but we want to test in real environnment in the same
time . We use 1.2 and later migrate to 3.0.
Best Regards

Emeric

"Erik van Hoof (CWR Mobility)" wrote:

> Emeric,
>
> Maybe you should set up a virtual server with a seperate AD, SQL Server and
> Exchange environment for testing.
> You could use Virtual PC to do this.
>
> This way you keep your production environment clean.
>
> --
> Erik van Hoof
> CWR Mobility
> Check our weblog at: http://www.cwrmobility.com/weblog
>

> "emeric Thibaud" <emeric Thibaud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We have already CRM 1.2 and we want to run CRM 3.0 on the same
> > environnment.
> > Is it possible to have both version working with it before upgrading to
> > version 3.0

ok.
Best regards
Emeric

"Joe L" wrote:

> I create a new OU in AD for each CRM installation I do - but that is
> optional.
> Just create a new web server and install CRM 3.0.  It will ask you for an
> Org name.  Use something different from your 1.2 Organization name as it
> will use this name to create the new databases.
>
> No problem with Exchange.
>
> This will give you a clean CRM 3.0 install to play with.
> When you are ready to upgrade your 1.2 installation, you will run that on
> your 1.2 server and the upgrade will upgrade your existing db's for you.
>

> "emeric Thibaud" <emericThibaud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yes, we would like to run 3.0 and 1.2 in the same time. So I have to
> > install
> > a separate server with crm 3.0  and I can use a new database on the SQL
> > server in place ?
> > Any impact on the AD and exchange server ?
> > After the pilote is working fine, we will switch to 3.0 crm.
> > best regards.
> > emeric
> >
> > "Joe L" wrote:
> >
> >> It is possible to have 3.0 and 1.2 running in the same environment.  They
> >> have to be on separate servers - they can share a database server, but
> >> not
> >> databases.
> >>
> >> It sounds like you want to do a 'test' upgrade of CRM 1.2 and try out 3.0
> >> before you take your 3.0 environment down.  If that is the case, post
> >> back
> >> and I can provide details.
> >>

> >> "emeric Thibaud" <emeric Thibaud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >> message

#REF #3
Hi, I'm doing a projection spreadsheet. The new months in diff sheets will be added as and when the actual month passes, ie, up to now i have sheets up to Aug. But in the MAIN sheet, I'm supposed to have months for the whole year up to Dec. Since Sep to Dec don't have equivalent sheets yet, the cells show #Ref since my formula is =Oct!A1. I want to tell the cell to get the amount from "Oct" sheet if there's such a sheet and if not, get the amount from "Sep" sheet. I tried this "=if(Oct!A1="#REF", Sep!A1,Oct!A1)" but it doesn'...

CRM 4.0 External Connector
Can anyone point me to CRM 4.0 External Connector installation guide? Cheers, Mandy. "Mandy" <Mandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF297AE0-9446-46CB-91FA-CFF19A65F1DF@microsoft.com... > Can anyone point me to CRM 4.0 External Connector installation guide? The external connector is a license so nothing you need to install. -- Robert MacLean http://www.sadev.co.za thanks for update. would you know if there's any specs on how it integrates with crm? "Robert MacLean" wrote: > "Mandy" <Mandy@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Scribe Migrate
I am planning to do a reinstall on our CRM server and have purchased Scribe (didn't come in till JUST now), and was planning to do this over the weekend. I have a test environment and want to try it here before I do this on our production. However this isn't as simple as I thought. I know, I know, read the manual, etc, etc etc. But its near critical that I get this production reinstalled, and I'd rather not work straight through a weekend just to learn this thing. Anways, can anyone give me the basic overview of this? Does this take hours just to create the migration setup? For s...

CRM and Blackberry Connector on Exchange
Are there any problems installing both, CRM Connector and Blackberry Connector on an Exchange-Server? TIA Stefan ...

Purchase Order 2.0.0127
Am I the only one having issues with the upgrade? 1) I create a purchase order 2) I click on add item 3) I type in the supplier ILC, and nothing comes up (ONLY on some items)! 4) I click on all items, and find the item, and add it! 5) When I click on OK the item is added to the purchase order, along with the supplier ILC! OR When I click on all items, even though the item may be in the database, I can't find it to add to the PO, unless I close out the PO and re-open it??? This started happening only since I upgraded the the 2.0.0127! -- Thank You Vince :) -- Thank You Vince :) Yes...

RMS 2.0 matrix dimensions are annoying, but help is available
For reasons I don't understand, MS saw fit in RMS 2.0 to use dimensions data for matrix components that is far less accessible to users than Sub Descriptions are. For instance, I can't edit assign a dimension value to an existing item I have added to a matrix. I can't see a reason for using Dimensions with limitations like this as using Sub Descs. to describe matrix "dimensions" worked fine previously. Does anyone know why MS did this? It's annoying! Digital Retail Solutions (DRS) has a product called Power Ops (Build 2.2.0003). It's help file mentions (se...

time formats #3
I have an Excel sheet with a long list of times spent on various projects. The times should all be in minutes and seconds. The first time reads 2:29 and I know that is accurate, for 2 min, 29 seconds. In the formula bar, it reads, 2:29:00 AM. Another...the cell displays 0:40 and I know that is right, for 40 seconds. But in the formula bar, I see 12:40:00 AM I want numbers, but apparently I am looking at times. I tried changing the format. When I check the format for 2:29, it comes up Custom and says it is hh:mm, not mm:ss. I tried changing it to mm:ss, but that changes the displa...

Upgrade GP 9.0 SP2 to GP 10.0 Advice
Hi, We are planning our upgrade of GP9.0 SP2 to GP10.0. We are running SQL 2000 and would like to also upgrade to SQL 2005. I am using the following url (and read some threads on this forum): https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/knowledgebase/hottopics/hot_topic_updatingmicrosoftdynamicsgp10.htm?printpage=false (page: Updating to Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0) The chart Microsoft provides says I can go from 9.00.0281 (which is SP2) to 10.0 or any patch install. What does "any patch install" mean? Does this mean I can't go directly to 10.0 Feature Pack 1? Would i...

CRM 3.0
Folks Any way that we can assign leads / opportunities / other entities to teams rather than individuals? All the best Hany Hi Hany, Team ownership is not supported in CRM 3.0. Could you describe your scenario, and maybe we could provide some alternatives? Thanks -- Jay Grewal Microsoft Dynamics CRM This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights. "Electronic Workplace" <info@electronicworkplace.LoseThisBit.com> wrote in message news:O0cfzAT$FHA.140@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Folks > > Any way that we can assign leads /...

New Computer #3
How do I move my settings, emails, address book, etc... to my new computer. I'm mostly concerned with Outlook because it's the program I use most often. I have an older computer running WIN2K Pro. I purchased a new Dell computer with Windows XP Pro also with Office 2003. Again how do I make my new Outlook have all the information and settings that my old computer has. I do have both computers connected on my home network and they can see each other. But I'm not sure what to copy over. Any help would be very helpful. Thank You, Paul The file you need to copy and re-use up ...

Importing #3
I had a previous version of Money and just got a new computer with Money 2004. I have a backup disk made with the info from the previous version. How can I import that into the new version? File|Restore?!? <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:075a01c3d169$a360b0a0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I had a previous version of Money and just got a new > computer with Money 2004. I have a backup disk made with > the info from the previous version. How can I import that > into the new version? ...

Debt Reduction Planner #3
The debt reduction planner on my version of Money 01 does not take the minimum payment due into account. It expects me to short some accounts to make bigger payments to other accounts. Obviously that is not feasable, as the late charges for not making the minimum payment would negate any possible savings. Is there a way to fix this so at least the minimum payment is listed? ...

CRM Security Problems
Hi Group, I have developed a windows service that hits the CRM database everynight to create some e-mails that need to be sent out to customers in the morning. Eventually these will be automatically sent, but for now, we want to manually send them in order to audit what is going out. Here is the problem. THe service is running under the same account as the installation was run under, integration account with full sysadmin. The e-mails are created by this account, however, the activity party xml is sent in to assign the e-mail to a particular user and even set that user as the owner of the e-...

Quotes, orders and invoices all crash CRM!
I have a post update callout process which I have attached to the update event on the quote, order and invoice. Having attached the process whenever I attempt to read an existing quote, order or invoice or to save a new quote, order or invoice CRM presents its 'an error has occurred please contact your system administrator' message. Normally in this case I would check the event viewer but in this case it is completely empty! The callout process as it's first action logs a message to a file just so that I can monitor the progress and this is not happening so it appears that the pro...

Converting from Lotus 1, 2, 3 docs
I have a user who has a bunch of Lotus 1, 2, 3 spreadsheets that he is trying to convert to Excel. His version of Lotus is old (version 5), his version of Excel is 2000 sp2. The files convert but they are missing pages or headings or other unacceptable qualities. Anyone any advice? Michael If you open the files using Excel and save them to an .xls format in the current version you are losing data? A while back I needed to do this. I wrote an application in VB that loops through the files, opens them using Excel (add a reference in VB to MS Office 10) and then save them in the current ...

Calculating dates #3
Can anyone tell me what I should use (in the way of helper cells) to take any date (mm/dd/yyyy) and turn it into that same month and day for specific year? For instance, turn... 10/12/2009 into 10/12/2010 and 4/6/1998 into 4/6/2010 I'm trying to determine anniversary date based on start date and do it starting in 2010. TIA -- Jordon Try this: =3DDATE(2010,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)) Assuming your date is in A1. Hope this helps. Pete On Jan 5, 5:35=A0pm, Jordon <jordon@REMOVE~THISmyrealbox.com> wrote: > Can anyone tell me what I should use (in the way of helper cells) > to tak...

Need Training in office for CRM in Toronto, Onatrio
We just purchased the CRM. Can anyone refer a Microsoft partner/consultant that does CRM training. They need to be in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Thank you Jasmine On Dec 18, 4:36 pm, Jasmine <Jasm...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We just purchased the CRM. Can anyone refer a Microsoft partner/consultant > that does CRM training. > They need to be in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. > Thank you > Jasmine Hi Jasmine, I am part of the largest Microsoft CRM partner in the world. We have offices across North America and are very tightly integrated to the Microsoft CRM Produc...

Cell References #3
I have 2 separate work sheets. I want to copy the values of cells in work sheet A to cells in Work sheet B. The values in A are separated by at least 4 rows. Cells in B where I want those values are separated by 1 row. How can I copy the values without having to enter each cell reference indivudually in B? Is there a formula to add columns or rows such as cell A1+3 = cell D1 or cell A1 + 3 = cell A4 gman Wrote: > I have 2 separate work sheets. I want to copy the values of cells i > work > sheet A to cells in Work sheet B. The values in A are separated by a > least > 4...

Sent faxes in CRM 3 doesn't show in history
I am reposting this as I've had no answers to my previous post which is now buried in all the other ananswered posts. Surely someone knows the answer to this??? It's pretty fundamental to what customers will want. Anyone??? ------------------------------------------------------------------- I'm using CRM 3 under SBS 2003. When I send a fax using the "New activity / Fax" option within a contact record it sends successfully. . However there is no record of it stored in the contact history? If I check the fax console on the server the fax has been sent (also verifi...

interface with Palm Pilot
I have a PALM Vx. I upgraded to Office2003 including Outlook2003. When "sync"ing, I get error messages. Error 89949502 and Error 80040502 Incorrect Store Id Both messages generate a base conduit message. How can I fix this? ...

Export Data from MS-CRM
Is there a way to export all of the data from MS-CRM? Thats a rather general question,......you mean export to another CRM system or just export into another medium? For the most part, most areas have that little excel icon so that you can export into excel...... or you can go into the SQL server and use the export wizard, although I don't think its going to be what you want,....for the most part it will be raw data and you'll have to recreate the relationships and primary fields to see how the objects relate.......... -Gary "John O'Keefe" <jokeefe@finepoint.com...

Installing CRM on a domain controller
Has anyone installed CRM on a server which is their domain controller? If so are you having any issues with Crystal Reporting? Do not install Crystal on the same server as CRM. >-----Original Message----- >Has anyone installed CRM on a server which is their >domain controller? If so are you having any issues with >Crystal Reporting? >. > Would this explain the following error in the event log: The port number specified for the server is already in use., The server has problems using TCP/IP. The port number you are using is probably already in use Also, doe...

Microsoft Outlook Client Track in CRM Feature.
Hello Everyone, I have a user who updates and creates new contacts on behalf of another user in the Exchange System by using contact sharing on a regular basis. Once the Contacts have been created, there is a requirement for our user to be able to then track those contacts in CRM. The problem that I have is that when the user hightlights a contact whilst working in an open shared contacts folder, CRM displays an error message "Only items in the default Microsoft Outlook store can be promoted to Microsoft CRM." Does anyone know if there is a work around for this? Kind Regard...

Outlook Express address Book #3
My address book is no longer visible. How do I correct the problem. This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an outlook express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress for OE 6.x ...