Picklist with option to choose more than one item

I need to create a picklist in which one can choose multiple items.  For
example, I want to create a picklist for Account Type where I could choose
several of the following options:

customer
vendor
manufacturer
a/p
a/r
distributor
international

etc...

I can't believe this isn't possible.  The only time I can choose how to show
this on the form designer is if the option is a byte.  Then you can choose
whether you want a list, radio button or check box, but you can only have two
choices...

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Record Macro and Edit Macro options disabled
Hi, I've downloaded the Excel 2007 trial and I'm want to record a macro but the button, along with the Visual Basic and Macros ones on the Code section of the Developer tab in the Excel Ribbon are disabled. I have the Macro Settings set to "Enable all macros" and ticked the "Trust access to the VBA project object model" in the trust center. I have closed an re-opened Excel and have tried creating new workbooks in 3 formats (extensions xlsx, xlsm, xlsb) but can't get the buttons enabled. What have I missed? Or are macros disabled in the trial version? Tha...

Only one record shows in input form
Good morning, I have created a database with Access 2003. I imported 17 records from Excel into the products table. When I open the input form to add new or correct the existing records, the input form sees only one of the 17 records. Can someone tell me why? If it will help to look at the database, I have uploaded it to: http://www.netstore02.com/db/ It is titled "trouble.mdb" Thank you for whatever help you can give me!! :>) Mary Hartman <MaryHartman@smallville.og> wrote in news:k5b1k35btmcn75o4n3nsolrt6ht6j3vlhl@4ax.com: > > Good morning, > > I h...

Sum items occurring in a month and year
I've got the following formula to sum referrals received in a particular month. Is it possible to make it specific to the year as well as the month? =SUM(IF(Referrals!$D$4:$D$10002='Referrals List'!$A5,IF(Referrals!$J$4:$J$10002=MONTH($B$2),1,0))) Take a look at SumProduct instead... http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.SUMPRODUCT.html -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Saylindara" wrote: > I've got the following formula to sum referrals received in a particular month. > > Is it possible to make it specific to the year as well as the month...

Attaching items to e mails
I have a user trying to attach items from SharePoint libraries to e mails in Outlook (2007). When she selects an item and tries to attach it she gets this message "The operation is not supported until the entire message is downloaded. Download the message and try again" which makes no sense in the context. She is using an XP machine but I cannot duplicate this error on either XP or Vista machines on the same network. No one else is having the same problem. Anybody know a possible cause (and a solution)? ...

Outlook
We're running Exchange Server 2003/Outlook and running into a problem with Public Folders. When an item is received via an email enabled public folder, there is a delay in that item displaying in Outlook. Sometimes the delay is a few minutes, other times is can be as much as 20 minutes. Interestingly, we have rules enabled on the public folders to notify users when specific items are recieved. These notifactions are sent immediately, yet looking at the public folder, you can not yet 'see' the item. This tells me Exchange has indeed recieved the item, but not yet updated Outloo...

Picklist Updating
Newbie question for y'all. I have updated the picklist information (added a few values, deleted others) on the Contact Form and saved it. But, when I go to use the Contact information the picklist data still has the original picklist. I go back to the Form editor and it shows the correct information that I modified. What steps am I missing? Hi Michael, you need to publish you customizations from the Deployment Manager. When you make changes to the forms, the changes are stored in XML in the database. When you publish from deployment manager, the xml form data is then updated on t...

How does one talk to a USB port
Bought a bar code scanner, came with USB cable. No drivers or anything like that. I'm wondering how to listen to a device on a USB port. Hoping theres a microsoft class or something that makes it relatively easy. I've done serial ports before so familiar with the CreateFile idea, but cant find any MSDN info on how to talk to a USB port. Want to use VC++ Thx. You can use CreateFile,ReadFile, and WriteFile methods for accessing the USB. Cheers Jagadeesh "Vapour" <Vapour@net.com> wrote in message news:c1tq6d$qlo$1@ctb-nnrp2.saix.net... > Bought a bar code sc...

Spam sent to one user goes to other users ?
Users in general complain that all of sudden junk e-mail appears in their Inboxes, but I see that "to" line is to=myUserA@mycompany.com. That means that the spam that targeted myuserA appears in the inboxes of myUserB and everybody else. Although users that receive such e-mail are various so far, the "to" line is consistent 'to=myUserA'. This is very interesting because I do have MailEssentials running and blocking mail based on DNSBL. Have you ever seen such thing ? -----Original Message----- From: Beau Morton [mailto:whitener@doneasy.com] Sent: Friday, Marc...

How to pass value from one form to another form.
I have the following code in BookList.aspx: <form id="form1" runat="server"> <div> <asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" DataSourceID="LibSysDataSource" AllowPaging="True"> <Columns> <asp:BoundField DataField="AccessionNo" HeaderText="Accession No" /> <asp:BoundField DataField="Title" HeaderText="Title" SortExpression="Title&qu...

setting iteration calculation options
I use iterated calculations often in my worksheets. I keep turning the option ON but it keeps turning itself OFF so I get a error/warning message every time a open a sheet with circular references. How can I make the option stay ON? Thanks Nick Nick, When a workbook is stored, the state of Iteration (on/off) is stored with that workbook. When the first workbook is opened, Iteration is set to that stored in that workbook. Any additional workbooks opened do not change the state of Iteration. It remains as set by the first workbook. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizo...

How to merge 10 files in one step?
Hi Everyone I would like to check is it possible to merge 10 files with the same format together with one step or less steps when compared to opening up 10 files and then copy and paste? I would really appreciate any help given... Cheers ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements There is no way built into Excel to do a merge other than copy/paste. (Well, there is th...

Display ranges from one worksheet to another
I am running excel 2003. I have been given the task of creating a workbook where on one main sheet I want to display named ranges from up to 4 other worksheets based on the user selection. The ranges are work weeks and we want to be able to display 8 weeks at a time for resource planning. Can someone point me in a direction where I can find a way to do this? Thank you. Check Ron's site under the Copy/Paste section. http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Opal" <tmwelton@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eb392038-e6ab-46b0-a3d6-eb0df5c7a0fd@h2g2000vbd...

Public Folder Items
It appears by default there is no way in a Public accessed through outlook to view the amount of items in the folder such as the way you see in your outlook inbox. I realize you can see the amount of items in Sys Manager or using PFAdmin but is there anyway to view this in outlook for the everyday user, same as outlook inbox..... thanks, KJK In news:9898986D-4A9E-40FA-BCA9-160040629CA9@microsoft.com, KJK <KJK@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > It appears by default there is no way in a Public accessed through > outlook to view the amount of items in the folder such as th...

Setting the Startup Options for an Access 2007 database using VBA
Afternoon everyone, I'm trying to use the information from an MSDN page of roughly the same title (Setting Startup Options Programmatically in Access 2000, http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa140020(office.10).aspx) to setup the startup options of my database. Firstly, I don't know whether this option should be placed in a module or event (like Form_Load). Secondly, I'm not too sure that I have the code correctly written down: Private Sub Form_Load() Dim dbs As CurrentProject Set dbs = Application.CurrentProject dbs.Properties....

One file in Excel will not open.
Can anyone offer help on this one? We have a user running Excel 2000 and there is one spreadsheet that is just over 3MB that he cannot open. If we try from another machine, the file opens no problem, but on his machine it will not. It appears to load the first worksheet, but the mouse stays in an hourglass and he cannot edit it. Eventually he has to CTRL+ALT+DEL out of the program. The odd thing is, he can open any other Excel sheet, even larger ones, without a problem! Can anyone give a suggestion? I have tried Excel in safe mode, I have tried an older version of the file that u...

Sent Items 01-16-10
I set up a rule to automatically move all sent items to a personal folder and it works fine except when I send html templates and then it goes into both my inbox and personal sent folders. Outlook 2003. Is there anyway to fix this in my rule? Thanks Donna Hauff What do you mean by "send html templates"? Are you being CC'd or Bcc'd on those messages? Have you looked at your other rules? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?...

turning off One Note or Side Note
Every time I start up my computer part of one note starts up and there is an icon in my system tray. I believe that is side note, but I don't use it much, so I don't know much else about it. My issue is that I don't use it and don't want it to show up every time I start my computer, but I can not figure out how to turn the dammed thing off. I can shut it down everytime I start up, but I should be able to tell the system that I don't want it in my system tray on start. It is not started through the startup folder. It does appear to be un the run folder of...

refresh numeration of items in combo-box
I use DeleteString(id_item) member and sometimes InsertString(id_item,string) in my combo-box. But numeration of items are still the same and it couses problems to happen because I never know in which place new item will appear and which string I get using GetCurSel(). I don't know how many times I do something e.g delete some items before I call e.g. GetCurSel(). Hence I don't know which item I will get when I call: GetCurSel(). Is any way to refresh numeration of items after every action inside combo-box. I want that in every moment item which is on first place on combobox have inde...

Outlook 2000 w/XP
We just got new email service. I have successfully configured every computer in the office with exception to one XP machine; I cannot find option to change email properties. Two other XP machines I navigate "tools-Email accounts". On this particular machine (with outlook 2000 ver 9.0.0.2711) I cannot find similar options....please help. Sincerely, Joe Mangano You may have a Tools > Services command, if so select this and then add a new service of type Internet Email. "JoeMan" <jmangano@naturestonefloors.com> wrote in message news:010f01c3d921$f3baf550$a10...

replace old w2k exchange server with new one
We are planning to replace our old W2k server with a brand new one... Can anyone tell me which steps to take? The ultimate solution would be, that we could keep the name and the ip adres of the old server... Many thanks in advance. Jan Eertink "Jan Eertink" <j.eertink-no-spam-i-mean-it@xs4all.nl> wrote in news:40e1541e$0$37789$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl: > We are planning to replace our old W2k server with a brand new one... > Can anyone tell me which steps to take? > The ultimate solution would be, that we could keep the name and the ip > adres of the old serve...

Excel Only Lets me put 11 items in a chart!
I tried to only put 12 items in a chart for at least 2 hours put Excel only lets me put in 11 items!! Please help! I don't get it because word will let me put at least 12 and more!! I've reimstalled Excel and download all updates and it still doesn't work! -Josh There's a limit to the number of characters that you can enter in the Data Range box. As a workaround, you could define the range of cells that you want to use, and enter the range name in the Data Range box. There are some instructions here for creating a named range: http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01...

Get name of selected item for a product
Column A is with names of items. Columns B to D are for entering value of items for products B to D. Value of item is set to be max. 1 and only one item can be selected fo a product. Row1 A B C D Row2 Lamp 1 0 0 Row3 Diode 0 1 1 Row4 2Pin 0 0 0 Row5 (result) Lamp Diode Diode I need to get the result, in the last row of each product as, name o product that has been selected. What should be the formula -- Me...

Disable min/max/close items in custom menubar
I created a custom menu bar and unselected all default menus and toolbars at startup. But my custom menu bar still shows the min/restore/close options on the far right, along with the "Type a question for help" item. How can I hide or disable these? Kurt > But my custom menu bar still shows the min/restore/close options on > the far right Gee, I think all windows applications do have the minimize. If I launched an application that did not allow me to minimize the application, it would make be VERY angry. Totality unacceptable here. > along with the "Type a quest...

import, export a page from one file to another
Is there an easy way to take a page from one publisher file and put it in another file? thanks Select all, copy, paste. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "SS" <nonense50@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:e594m.22707$Xb3.3780@newsfe17.ams2... > Is there an easy way to take a page from one publisher file and put it in > another file? > > thanks > Not working. I open both files and can click on `copy all` for the page I want to transfer. when I go to the other file `pas...

Choosing a field's record based on date
Hi. I am newish to Access and have a question. My friends familiar with Access don't know the answer to this one either. I feel like it is just on the tip of my brain but I can't get it. How can I select an item in a table based on the date? For example, an employee may have many hourly wages listed by date of hire and subsequent raises. How do I pick the right wage based on a given date? (Looking back at labor reports, I want to solve this question: On this day the employee worked 10.5 hours. What did he earn?) I have an employee list table and a linked wages table that show...