Picklist shows number inreport building

Hi

When i tried to create report using vs.net business intelligense report
building everthig going fine. but my picklist field in cm displayed
number(index) rather than the data of the picklist. How can i changr the
picklist index to data in crm reports
Please help me

sujith
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Sujit,

The picklists values are stored in a table called StringMapCRM
You can directly link to it or if you use the CRM views (ie:
FilteredAccount or Account) instead of the CRM tables (ie:
AccountBase), you will have the picklist values already linked.

Actually, I found out the easiest way to see which join to make to the
StringMap table is to extract the sql statement from the existing CRM
view.

Hope this could be of some help.
Have a nice day,
St=E9phane Dorrekens
Traviata

0
Stephane
3/5/2007 9:32:56 AM
If you are hitting the filtered view there will be the picklist value and the
the name both in the fitlered view. If at all possible, always use filtered
views. They are already optimized and joined, etc.
--
JK

"Stephane Dorrekens" wrote:

> Hi Sujit,
>
> The picklists values are stored in a table called StringMapCRM
> You can directly link to it or if you use the CRM views (ie:
> FilteredAccount or Account) instead of the CRM tables (ie:
> AccountBase), you will have the picklist values already linked.
>
> Actually, I found out the easiest way to see which join to make to the
> StringMap table is to extract the sql statement from the existing CRM
> view.
>
> Hope this could be of some help.
> Have a nice day,
> Stiphane Dorrekens
> Traviata

auto number index snafu
I have a 2003 DB I've been adding to for 2 years. It's at 423 records = now. I export to a PDF for simpler searching and viewing. Using the search the other day, I went to grab DVD 186, on carousel tower= 2. And what came up didn't match the record. The index was totally screwed. I went thru all 423 records and created a numeric index by hand. The auto number field is useless. But I would still prefer an auto number field. Trouble is when I create the auto number field, it's still off the actual numbers of the records.. ie: 99-100 is actually 99-186,187, 188, 189 100-385,...

Auto assign Lot Numbers in PO receiving
Hi! Has anyone made a customization to auto assign Lot numbers upon item receipt? My client's lot number is numeric, they want the system to auto assign this. Any ideas? Thanks! -- Marisol Mortera Marisol, Yes indeed, I created one for a client. You probably will not be able to use it as-is because of some client specific functionality but I'm sure you could use this as a stepping stone. The key features were that it would allow for rapid lot number entry by a. Auto-incrementing the lot number - we had Alphanumeric lot numbers so we added a suffix and b. copy the previous lo...

Placing Individual Building Blocks on Ribbon
I've created a customized tab for our workgroup, and would like to make separate buttons for a few of our custom building blocks. The building blocks are visible in the Quick Parts listing. I've recorded macros that retrieve each building block -- the macros work fine via the Developer>Macro method. I then tried to insert lines in the RibbonX XML that place icons on the Ribbon and allow the user to call each macro. Here's a sample line of code, using the same syntax that I had successfully used for other macros that don't deal with building blocks: &...

Dates in fomula showing as whole number

Delivery Options Does Not Show Up.
I need to setup an alternative recipient to one of my mailboxes but I can't seem to find the Delivery Options Button under "Exchange Advanced" tab of ADU&C. I can only see three options: Custom Attributes ILS Settings Mailbox Rights What am I missing. It should be there. Thanks for your time Percy it's on the Exchange General tab... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Percy" <Percy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:845C7BCF-BB5B-4E56-9CB6-5C05F32F3A9E@microsoft.com... >I need to setup an alternative recipient to one of my mailboxes but ...

Show a date 30 days out
I have a feild that I would like to show what the date would be in 30 days for a feild with a date in it [Sold Date]. Sold Date feild would be 1 Jan 07 so the feild would show 30 Days later 31 Jan 07. I did =[Sold date]+30 and it did not work Thanks how about dateadd: dateadd("d", 30, [Sold Date]) -- steve. "KAnoe" <KAnoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE9BDDAE-5C84-4A52-8185-DAB6C3167E7A@microsoft.com... >I have a feild that I would like to show what the date would be in 30 days > for a feild with a date in it [Sold Date]. > ...

Enter "1", cell show ".01". Why?
Any number typed into a cell is divided by 100. If proceded by "=" the number is correct. What caused this and how can I fix it? Try this .. Click Tools > Options > Edit tab Uncheck "Fixed decimal" > OK Things should be back to normal now .. (it's a fixed decimal setting !) -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Singapore, GMT+8 xdemechanik http://savefile.com/projects/236895 -- "Yonian" <Yonian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40499CA4-7FAF-42A6-8B19-A90881735C50@microsoft.com... > Any number typed into a cell is divided by 100. > If p...

Ordering by number and text
I use a report to print out checklists that in the detail section have item number to delineate each checklist item. The item numbers as an example are 1-1, 1-2, 1-2a, 1-2b, or 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, 2-3a, 2-3b and so on. The report is grouped by checklist section and the grouping works perfectly but when the report is printed the item numbers are ordered in this order 1-1, 1-10, 1-11, 1-2, 1-3, 1-3a, 1-3b, 1-4, 1-5, 1-6, 1-7, 1-9. Obviously I want the the order to be in proper numerical sequence where 1-10 comes after 1-9. but even replacing the '-' with a decimal point doesn't ...

matching columns of numbers

Zero filling a number field
I have an auto number field that I want to zero fill to six digits but can't figure out how. Any ideas? You don''t say where you're trying to do this, but basically Format(YourAutoNumber, "000000") pdlginternet@aol.com wrote: >I have an auto number field that I want to zero fill to six digits but >can't figure out how. Any ideas? -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003 Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200711/1 You can't do that wi...

building a custom calender control
I'm trying to build a calender control that will allow the user to select a month and display any appoitments / jobs due for that month. I want it to look like the calender in Outlook. i'm having trouble creating this in ACCESS 2007. Could anyone help please? This is a gigantic task. Is there some particular area where you are having a problem? Most people would opt for automation of outlook rather than trying to accomplish this... -- Jack Leach www.tristatemachine.com "I haven''t failed, I''ve found ten thousand ways that don''t wor...

How do I change numbers to negative without re-typing?
I have a large range of data that needs to be changed to negative numbers, Can I do this in Excel? ...

Determine number of rows with data

Can I show server name instead of drive letter?
When using the =Cell("filename") function, I would like to show the actual server instead of a drive letter because the letter is dependent on where the server is mapped and not all users have the same mapping. Is this possible? Try using: \\ServerName\drive\... where ServerName is the name of the server and drive is the appropriate drive, and then find the file on the drive from that point. "bfant" wrote: > When using the =Cell("filename") function, I would like to show the actual > server instead of a drive letter because the letter is dependent on...

Converting number to text

Sequentially number lines automatically

Excel Number Format Codes
I can't figure out how to format numbers so that when you type 3220 it will look like 32.20 kinda like how you can enter numbers on an adding machine. I would greatly appreciate this number format code. Thank you. -- 1:~ Hi, I think you want to go Tools | Options | Edit | Fixed Decimals - 2. That will divide all the numbers you enter by 100. You will also have to format the row or column to display 2 decimals. Select the cells or range, right mouse click, format cells, numbers, 2 decimals. Hope that helps. Best regards, Kevin "MBB" <MBB@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Receivings Number
Hi, When I am doing my purchase receiving at the Receivings Entry, I sometimes encounter some problem which the Receivings Number. For example, suppose the new receivings number should be REC/03/000004, but this number REC/03/000005 is given to me instead. What could be the possible cause of the missing receivings number:REC/03/000004. (this no. is not used by anyone). Please advise or tell me how can I avoid. Thanks in advance. I believe it's when someone started to do a receivings but then deleted it. It already increments to the next number. You can prevent deleting of documen...

Show picture outline only when moving in PowerPoint
It's probably simple when you know it, but I'm sure there's a setting that I can toggle, so when I move a large picture in PowerPoint, only the outline shows, not the whole picture. This is because the pictures I'm inserting need to be of good quality, and my laptop struggles with them when I move them. ...

Limit number of characters in a cell
Hi, Is there a way to limit the number of characters that a user can key into a cell. I want to get a list of names and addresses imputted by user, but I don't want them to be more than 35 characters. Thanks for the help Dr. Senji Take a look at Data|Validation. You can have excel yell at the user when they hit enter after typing in a too-long string. Dr Senji wrote: > > Hi, > > Is there a way to limit the number of characters that a user can key into a > cell. > > I want to get a list of names and addresses imputted by user, but I don't > want the...

BP Req Mgmt Lookup should show additional columns
When doing a lookup I should be able to configure the columns that I would like to see visible on the lookup. For example, when looking up an item only item number and item description are visible fields. I would like to configure the lookup to show additional fields, like the vendor name. ...

one company doesn't show $ amounts in payables for one user
I have a user who has access to multiple companies. The access for all companies is the same. In one company when she goes to Inquiry>purchasing>trx by vendor, the display shows $0 for all transactions. Other companies, she sees the correct $ amount. There are no modified windows and again her security is the same for all companies. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? TIA I am having this exact problem and would appreciate a fix. I have to change users to have the payables inquiry amounts show. I only have this problem in one company and I am the only user in our of...

Sent faxes in CRM 3 doesn't show in history
I am reposting this as I've had no answers to my previous post which is now buried in all the other ananswered posts. Surely someone knows the answer to this??? It's pretty fundamental to what customers will want. Anyone??? ------------------------------------------------------------------- I'm using CRM 3 under SBS 2003. When I send a fax using the "New activity / Fax" option within a contact record it sends successfully. . However there is no record of it stored in the contact history? If I check the fax console on the server the fax has been sent (also verifi...

Counting the number of times more than 1 variable occurs
I need to determine how many Separations were processed by a particular salesperson. A | B 1 MIKE | SEPARATION 2 MIKE | LEAVE 3 SARA | SEPARATION 4 JOE | SEPARATION 5 JAMIE | LEAVE 6 MIKE | LEAVE 7 JOE | LEAVE 8 SARA | SEPARATION The only way I can think of is the COUNTIF Funtion *COUNTIF(-range,criteria-)* =COUNTIF(A1:A8,(A1:A8="MIKE")*(B1:B8="SEPARATION")) This does not work though. The results return 0 with no errors when the answer should be 1. does anyone else know of a wa...