Picklist CRM 4.0

I cannot add a new picklist entry for the industry code on account in CRM 4.0
without causing account 'add' or maintain to abort.
0
Sudie (1)
2/14/2008 11:33:03 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Act! to CRM Migration
Well it is appearant to me now that the CRM Data Migration Framework is a giant hunk of poo. It not only doesn't work but it frustrates you while enot working. Can anyone suggest a CRM datamigration tool or method that doesn't cost more than $500. My client bought CRM under the OpenValue plan and it is costing more then they EVER spent on Act! to migrate the data that the whitepaper said would migrate easily. -- - I am Johnny here is the solution you need http://www.scribesoft.com/ its more than 500 dollars though but worth it if you dont want to mess with the DMF -- John...

Sent Faxes in CRM 3 don't show in History?
I'm using CRM 3 under SBS 2003. When I send a fax using the "New activity / Fax" option within a contact record it sends successfully. . However there is no record of it stored in the contact history? If I check the fax console on the server the fax has been sent (also verified by receiving person) however it doesn't get logged in the history. I can't seem to find any record of it except on the Fax Console on the server?? Anyone else have this problem or no how to solve it? ps: As a workaround I thought I might be able to automatically route faxes sent back th...

How to modify UI lables/captions in the existing MS CRM Menu's
Hi I am new to customization of the MS CRM UI. Can anyone guide me as to how to go about customizing the MS CRM UI lables/captions that are there on the various forms. Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Amit Reddy Log into CRM with a user that has CRM System Administrator role assigned to it. Go to the Home Page in CRM. Click the Settings tab on the left, then click "System Customization." You will get a list of the different entities in CRM: leads, accounts, cases, contacts, opportunities, etc. Click the entity that you wish to customize. For example, click...

Picklist Updating
Newbie question for y'all. I have updated the picklist information (added a few values, deleted others) on the Contact Form and saved it. But, when I go to use the Contact information the picklist data still has the original picklist. I go back to the Form editor and it shows the correct information that I modified. What steps am I missing? Hi Michael, you need to publish you customizations from the Deployment Manager. When you make changes to the forms, the changes are stored in XML in the database. When you publish from deployment manager, the xml form data is then updated on t...

Customising views in CRM 3
I altered the default active user view and the advanced find user view by adding the domain logon field. However when I then use those views the additional field does not appear. When I go back to the customisation screens for those views the additional field is not present. I executed iisreset but this had no effect. Where am I going wrong? Did you "Publish" those customizations? If you didn't, that's probably why you haven't seen the changes. Thanks, Mitch ...

'Over-synchronising' CRM contacts to Outlook
I am the Administrator for around 130 users of CRM. Many of our users deal with the same contacts in CRM (eg; 1 contact record can have multiple contacts within our department). To show this in CRM, we have created a customized entity (linked to a contact) which allows multiple "owners/contacts" of a record. We have also modified the System View of My Contacts to show contact records which have a Business Contact of the current user. (eg; if you assign yourself via the customized entity which is linked to the contact, the contact details are listed on the My Contacts view)....

ISBN #'s starting w/ "0" are deleted, how to format so "0" stays put
Hello, I need to know how to format a list of cells that contain ISBN #'s so that when an ISBN starting with a "0" the zero stays. I am working w/ Excel 97. I have tried to format the cell to "Text" but then the zeros are deleted. What I am doing is copying and pasting from another spreadsheet. So, the ISBN looks like this at first: 0-889658-27-8 Then I say "Replace "-" with nothing. So then I get: 889658278 So, what I want is: 0889658278 Got me? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! I suggest formatting the cells as text *prior* to pa...

0 quantity on kit component
I have a kit with 0 quantity on a kit component. Whenever this kit is used in an order the 0 qty componet allocates the entire available qty. When I look at the line item the qty ordered is 0 but the qty allocated and fulfilled is my entire availalbe qty. Any ideas on what casues this? -- Kathleen ...

Migrating to GP V 9.0
Hi, We are contemplating upgrading from GP 6.0 to GP 9.0 and the document would be very handy. Could you please send me the replication doc and the DTS scripts. My email is jacob.raymond@dynamics.ae -- J Raymond I suggest you follow the natural upgrade path that comes with each version starting with GP 6. I assume you are in SQL backend on 6. Doing this way would make your upgrade smooth and clean. So from GP 6, Install GP 7 and use the GP utilities to upgrade your database to GP 7. Do the same for the succeeding versions. I suggest this path: 6 -> 7 -> 7.5 -> 8 -> 9...

pfbackup.exe #4
Hello, I installed Office 2000 and Outlook 2003 on my computer. With my outlook2000 version, I used to use a small utily of microsoft that allow me to backup my pst files (pfbackup.exe). Now i'm trying it but it's not working. I realise that when a user had Outlook2000 with the pfbackup.exe installed and correctly working, when he makes an update to the 2003 version, it's still working. But when we erase everything and make a new installation of directly Outlook2003 and the fpbackup.exe, it don't work. Thanks for your help Jean-Luc <jlamou2@yahoo.fr> wrote: > I in...

ms outlook express 5.0
I can receive messeges but can not send any !!!!! Please let me know what is wrong with my outlook express .... if anybody knows ???? Sounds like you don't have your SMTP server settings configured correctly. You should contact your ISP and confirm the settings. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.wi...

Named Printers #4
I want to use Named Printers for PA Purchase Order Entry. However, when I choose Project from the Task Series drop-down, nothing is showing up. What could be the problem? -Hari ------=_NextPart_0001_6AC20EE0 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit In this list, "Project" doesn't mean Project Accounting, that is just the series. Any application/module can put themselves in this list in any location- however it would seem the perfect location for Project Accounting report. Looking at my list, this also is empty for me as well. Briefly looking a PA sourc...

CRM on SBS?
Q1.) Can you run CRM on SBS 2K3? Q2.) If I install it on another server,can it use the SBS Exchange and not muck up current mail content? Please excuse if a total duh... Mike yes you can check out this updated chapter from the implementation guide http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ddbb17dc-fe7f-4309-b03b-1fc1c4eb6a97&DisplayLang=en -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Mike" <mike@fictitiousspamplocker.alyrica.net> wrote in message news:eddCIoyZFHA.3840@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Q1.) Can you run CRM on SBS 2K...

Can someone help me??? (0/1)
Let me start off by saying that I am no where near an excel expert so please bear with me. I have a schedule for my employees which is attatched to this post as an html file. They are contained in three different sheets within a workbook. Each sheet has its own formulas and such but I have excluded them and also condensed them down to save repitition. The 3 scheduling sheets are named Servers, Hostess, and BarBus I also have/want 7 other sheets named Mon thru Sun and a template is attatched as an html file as well. What I need to get working is the Mon thru Sun sheets to automatically pu...

Text to Columns #4
I have a list of the Fortune 1000 companies in one cell. Is there a way to convert this information into columns with: Company City State Telephone 1 Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. Bentonville, AR 479-273-4000 2 Exxon Mobil Corporation Irving, TX 972-444-1000 3 General Motors Corporation Detroit, MI 313-556-5000 4 Ford Motor Company Dearborn, MI 800-392-3673 5 General Electric Company Fairfield, CT 203-373-2211 6 ChevronTexaco Corporation San Ramon, CA 925-842-1000 7 ConocoPhillips Houston, TX 281-293-1000 8 Citigroup Inc New York, NY 212-559-1000 9 International Business Machines Corporatio...

test #4
test... Posted at http://www.exemell.com/ ...

Money 04 #4
My Win XP COMPLETLY CRASHED with a nasty virus. I did not how to recover from it. I bought a new hard drive and reinstalled XP, starting from scratch. I have my old hard drive set up as a slave and can access files from it. I cannot open Money from the old drive, XP is fried. How can I get my Money file from this old drive, set up as a slave, into my new drive and Money file. Where do I find it on the old drive? In microsoft.public.money, Gary wrote: >My Win XP COMPLETLY CRASHED with a nasty virus. I did not how to recover from >it. I bought a new hard drive and reinstalled XP, s...

Resource Scheduling #4
We currently use Outlook 2002 and exchange server 5.5. We have a group of users who are tutors. The tutor's appointments are scheduled by a scheduling team. We understand how to allow the scheduling team the correct permissions to make entries in the tutors' diaries using delegate permissions, however, we want to create a situation where the tutors can make entries in their own diaries but cannot change entries made by the scheduling team. We carried out the following on a test tutor diary in Outlook. Tools Options; Calendar Options; Resource Scheduling, we ticked the option...

Outlook locking up on laptops after CRM installation
I have installed 3.0 on several users laptops as well as desktops. Some of the laptop users are having issues with Outlook locking up, and they are having to reboot. Is there any one else having this issue, and know of a fix? On Mar 20, 1:38 am, Onetreeup <Onetre...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have installed 3.0 on several users laptops as well as desktops. Some of > the laptop users are having issues with Outlook locking up, and they are > having to reboot. Is there any one else having this issue, and know of a fix? Please clarify: are you saying you installed CRM...

How do I get a jscript function to load in CRM?
I am a newbie. I just passed by CRM Customization exam, but have yet to do any real work. My first assignment was to write a format function that could be called from several fields. I assumed that I could just load the function into the OnLoad event, but I now see that the OnLoad event is itself a function. The window allows you only to enter the code that would fall between function OnLoad () { }, but not to add a different function. So how do I get this code loaded? I have seen code snippets that showed a line or two of code assigned to a javascript attribute, and I could, pre...

Event ID 8331 #4
Point possibly who why it still no official statment or Fix from MS gives. All workarounds are published, do not help ! ...

eCommerce (eStore) portal for MS CRM?
I wonder why there is virtually none availble add-ons to open up MS Dynamics CRm 4.0 as a B2C or B2B web portal, but intergrated to CRM.. There is eCommerce for NAv, there is eStore for GP,... but none for CRM. My thinking is; if there is large amount of customer data within CRm (including products), why not share this data directly with a e-store or a partner portal? Only thing which I've found is an accelerator from Microsoft, but there is non commmercial product available to my knowledge. Do you think is there any reason for that? Maybe it makes more sense to have ecomemrce we...

Smarttags 10.0 with Office 2007
I am trying to install Smarttags and I am having an issue with them being recongnized in any Office Product. I am on GP 10.0 and have installed Smarttags for 10.0. I have given my user security to Smarttags in all of the groups I am a member of. I am using Office 2007. In Excel it does recognize the Smarttags. When I enter a vendor or a customer, it is not recognizing them. The funny is I have only 1 vendor that it does recognize. Has any else have a problems with Smarttags in Office 2007? Does anyone have any suggestions on correcting this? I have went thru all the troubleshoo...

format cells #4
hi. how can i set by default the cell formatting to 'general' or 'number' or even 'text'? i mean i dont want excel to correct let's say: 1.5 to 01.may or 9/12 to 09.dec. is this possible? thanks. (i have some programs which export data to excel and instead of numbers in excel appear dates and i can't set the cell format before the data is exported) -- notrace2004 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ notrace2004's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34817 View this thread: http://www....

Offline with 4.0 and McAfee Antivirus
We're running a pretty standard 4.0 implementaion alongside McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.5.0i. When trying to go offline, the synch process breaks and the AV software alerts and deleted a file called {3FD2B963-1730-DD11-98CF-0019B9EB88DE}.bcp it thinks it's a virus. Anybody else seeing the same thing or have any ideas on possible solutions? isn't it possible to exclude the affected folder from scanning? "Matt" <mgd@kynetix.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:%23$a%23$2KxIHA.5124@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > We're running a pretty standard 4.0 implementaio...