Phone call linked to case and contact doesnt show phone number

Hi,

Creating phone call activities in v3 linked to cases which are linked to
contacts. The phone call activity doesn't pull through the phone number -
kind of irritating. Can anyone tell me if this is standard - or perhaps
whether the number should appear ?

Regards

Pete.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Does anyone have a solution on this?  We would like the same functionality as
well and it does not look like you can do a direct mapping from the Phone
Call to Contact.

"PeteC" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Creating phone call activities in v3 linked to cases which are linked to
> contacts. The phone call activity doesn't pull through the phone number -
> kind of irritating. Can anyone tell me if this is standard - or perhaps
> whether the number should appear ?
>
> Regards
>
> Pete.
Intrestingly enough, it will copy the number from a contact when you are
completing a fax activity.  But will not do anything for a phone activity.
I'm not sure why this is, but it is VERY annoying.

"PeteC" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Creating phone call activities in v3 linked to cases which are linked to
> contacts. The phone call activity doesn't pull through the phone number -
> kind of irritating. Can anyone tell me if this is standard - or perhaps
> whether the number should appear ?
>
> Regards
>
> Pete.
I'm having the same problem. Phone call activities do not pickup the contact
or company phone number in the phone call activity. However, If you create a
phone call for a lead the phone number shows up in the phone call activity.
Anyone found a solution?

"Williams" wrote:

> Intrestingly enough, it will copy the number from a contact when you are
> completing a fax activity.  But will not do anything for a phone activity.
> I'm not sure why this is, but it is VERY annoying.
>
> "PeteC" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Creating phone call activities in v3 linked to cases which are linked to
> > contacts. The phone call activity doesn't pull through the phone number -
> > kind of irritating. Can anyone tell me if this is standard - or perhaps
> > whether the number should appear ?
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Pete.
Hi

We are also experiencing the same problem and I was wondering if anyone has
yet to find a solution?

Thanks a lot

"Coco" wrote:

> I'm having the same problem. Phone call activities do not pickup the contact
> or company phone number in the phone call activity. However, If you create a
> phone call for a lead the phone number shows up in the phone call activity.
> Anyone found a solution?
>
> "Williams" wrote:
>
> > Intrestingly enough, it will copy the number from a contact when you are
> > completing a fax activity.  But will not do anything for a phone activity.
> > I'm not sure why this is, but it is VERY annoying.
> >
> > "PeteC" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Creating phone call activities in v3 linked to cases which are linked to
> > > contacts. The phone call activity doesn't pull through the phone number -
> > > kind of irritating. Can anyone tell me if this is standard - or perhaps
> > > whether the number should appear ?
> > >
> > > Regards
> > >
> > > Pete.

Looking for cells containing numbers
Hi, in a column with cells containing either text or numbers I have to exclude those with text in an arithmetic formula as is runs through the whole column, hence avoiding an error as a result when reading text cells. A cloumn holding an intermediate result of the reading as "0" or "1" or something will be just fine. How to? Cheers, Thorkild You might be thinking of something like this ? Assuming the col with text/numbers is col A, A1 down Put in B1: =IF(ISTEXT(A1),0,A1) Copy B1 down Then use col B instead of col A for downstream calcs -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, ...

how to show enclosed photos without open them
I use Outlook 2003 and are missing the function to view the enclosed photos in emails. Last Autumn i changed from Outlook Express to Outlook 2003 and in OE i could see the photos that were sent to me in the reading window, without having to open them one by one. Since i receive a lot of photos and whant to compare the easaliy, i now need to save them to a foldor on my computor to be able to compare many at a time. Outlook shows the pictures as intended by the sender of the message. If they were attached via Insert-> File..., then they will be shown as attachments. If they...

Find Missing Numbers in a Sequence
Hi everyone, I have a table that is imported to daily, and sometimes orders are not correctly migrated into the system. As all numbers that come in are in numerical order, is there a way to create a query that will return a result set of numbers from the sequence that are missing, based on the highest and lowest value of the number sequence? Help is always appreciated, thanks! -gary The missing numbers have to come from somewhere, to create a table that has the entire sequence of numbers you could need, from lowest to highest. You can use the code at the end of this page to populate it...

R6025 - Pure Function Call Error
I get this error now, when I never did before. All of the sites tell me to do the following, but I can't find that file.... On Windows XP it is different and that file doesn't seem to exist. The problems are when I print an invoice..... To resolve this issue, follow these steps: 1.. Quit Money. 2.. Click Start, point to Find, and then click Files or Folders. 3.. In the Named box, type the following line, and then click Find Now: rsabase.dll 4.. In the Look in box, click My Computer, and then click Find Now. 5.. Make a note of the path to this file. The default path for the Rsa...

Simple question : how to make a toolbar button on case form to dis
Hi, How to make a toolbar button on case form to display the list view of a custom entity? My main problem is where should I look to get the correct url? Many thanks! You can use a tool called Fiddler to capture the URL. But if you want to find the URL for the specific record, open up the record and hit Ctrl + N to open a new browser. You can see the URL that way. Darren Liu Crowe http://www.crowecrm.com On Sep 13, 8:24 am, m1sterd <m1st...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > How to make a toolbar button on case form to display the list view of a > custom entit...

Outside Contact Dist List
I have outside contacts setup in our GAL, when you send an email to them individually it sends no problem. When you create a distribution list and put those outside contacts in the list they will not receive any emails from that distribution list. Any thoughts on where to look? Exchange 2003 server Thanks for your help Rob. Found it. check this out. in doing our testing we would setup contacts for our hotmail accounts to test. Well for some reason the emails from the dist list would be sent to hotmail server and never get to the hotmail mailbox, that is why no responses ever ca...

How do I automatically save incoming contact details?
I'm using Office 2003 and in particular OUTLOOK. In my time with Outlook Express there was a facility which automatically saved a senders email address in the Address Book but I can't find a similar function in Outlook.How do I address this problem? Surely you jest. I can't imagine anyone would want to save senders addresses automatically. Mercifully, no such feature exists. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Bigredpilot" <Bigredpilot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:341B2ED9-4B00-48ED-8E48-C8B9E536F092@microsoft.com... > I'm using Office ...

Macro calling shortcut keys
Hello Suddenly on only my last workbook the macro calling combination ctrl+shift+letter does not respond, although it did before. When pressing ctrl+shift a beep is heard and the letter cannot be pressed. Otherwise all macros work perfectly. This situation does not occurr on any other workbook and has never occurred before, over many, many years. Have you tried to look at the macro set to ensure that the hotkey combination is still correct? If you go to Tools->Macro->Macros, highlight the macro in question, and then click Options, it will show you what the shortcut key is (and y...

Cannot save external link values?
Hi, I have links in an excel worksheet to another spreadsheet and everytime I hit save I am told that it "Cannot save external link values". I cannot refresh the link without having the spreadsheet I am linked to open, otherwise my result is a list of N/A's. I am running Office 2003 on XP and have installed the service patches. I have a brand new laptop so memory is not an issue. Any suggestions?? Alan ...

Contact Link Lost
Hi, This scenario has been created by migrating Public Folders to a new SBS server. (FYO. The old SBS server is fully decommisioned). We have successfully migrated all exchange data from the old server to the new by exporting to and importing from .pst files. Our sales team when creating new appointments have added contacts that are located in a public folder. Now when they drill down into the contact's details in any given appointment the link is lost. When I remove the contact from the contact field in the appointment and add it back I am able to drill into the contact's d...

why there isn't anything showing up?
The answer is quite simple as described below: HTH |:>) "anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" wrote: > > ...

Tansposed Link in Excel
Hi, I've been trying to transpose a row of data to a column in another sheet and establish a link. But the "paste link" button in paste special doesn't work along with the transpose button. Any light on this? Thanks Neil I'd suggest that you do a straight paste link and then use cut/paste to change the orientation of the formulas a cell at a time. If the range is huge the time it that's to write a macro may be worth it. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "neil" <neil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B48750F-5B0C-4AF4-870A-8F16C075C906@m...

Show Pages of Pivot Tables
Excel 2000 had an option called Show Pages for Pivot Tables which created a copy of the pivot table for each item in the Page category. Ths option is no longer available (or not appearantly available). Is anyone aware of how to replicate this option in excel 2003? On the PivotTable toolbar, select PivotTable> Show Pages Denis wrote: > Excel 2000 had an option called Show Pages for Pivot Tables which created a > copy of the pivot table for each item in the Page category. Ths option is no > longer available (or not appearantly available). Is anyone aware of how to > r...

Outlook template for phone log
I have Outlook 2000 SR-1 and am trying to make a folder in Outlook as I had with a previous version that I can design to work like a phone log of messages and calls that are received. Can make a folder and choose a template but how to I make a template or change the design. Use to have phone call folder open and had date/time/person who called/ phone number/ reason for call. How do I do this, any ideas ...

Use Outlook on network to schedule service calls
We are a heating system company and I'd like to use Outlook 2000 to schedule service calls for my service personnel, and share the schedules between two people on a windows 2000 network. Anyone know of any resources and information for using outlook to schedule service calls? thanks. ...

My emails open up inside the "Notes" of my Business Contacts Business Manager
Whenever I select a contact inside my Business Contacts Business Manager, all my emails show up inside my "Business Contact History" frame making it impossible to use the "Add" feature. Can Someone help? Thanks, Michael Stein mike@ivescreative.com BCM sometimes has what's known as a "forms cache" problem. Clearing the cache usually fixes it. Choose Tools | Options | Other | Advanced Options | Custom Forms, then click Manage Forms, then Clear Cache. If simply clearing the cache doesn't fix the issue, try the other steps detailed at http://suppor...

Storing Users as Contacts
It seems like Users in CRM have a lot of limitations (you can only store one address for them; they are harder to search for than Contacts, there is no activity tab for them, and so on.) I was considering creating Contact records for all of our Users. Has anyone seen any drawbacks to this? Thank you. I have a client that is doing that - for internal helpdesk activities - mainly because not every user in the company is a crm user and they need to support everyone. Only drawback is that you have to remember to add a new Contact when you create a new user or disbale the contact when so...

Print email to show attachments
When I print out sent emails with attached documents for my records I would like the icons for those attached documents to show up so I have a hard copy record of actually having sent them. Right now when I print an email that I sent with attachments I get - From: To: Cc: Subject: Text of email.... and even though there is also an attachment line, it doesn't show up in my printed emails. Tracey, Outlook will not print the attachment icon if the format of the message is HTML. 821840 OL: Attachment Icon Does Not Appear in Printed HTML E-Mail Messages http://support.microsof...

Bubble chart with names in X and Y axis instead of numbers
Hello, How could I do a bubble chart this way: a b 23 a c 34 a d 12 b a 12 b c 111 b d 15 etc, etc... Instead of: 1 2 23 1 3 34 1 4 12 2 1 12 etc, etc ?? Thanks in advance, Federico I think what you are asking is how to make the axis lables show the a,b,c etc. unfotunately the best way is to select each axis, goto patterns and select None for tick mark lables. then use text boxes to put each lable whaer you want it. I do not know of a way to make a numeric axis as in xy or bubble charts display text directly. "Federico" wrote: > Hello, > > How could I do a bubble c...

Difference between Dates doesnt work
I am trying to find out the difference between two dates. I want it i number of years, they are all actually between 1 to 5 years only. Do I need to keep the dates in a particular format? I have 26-May-2004 format. However, i have changed that too and used 26/05/2004 and used *=DATEDIF(B2;C2;"y")* function but it still doesnt work. I am using WinNT 97. Please help. Thank yo -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi! You might try =YEAR(A2)-YEAR(A1) formatted as a number with 0 d.p. A1 and A2 hold dates. Al -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com No ...

Importing hotmail contacts into Outlook 2003
I would like to import my online contacts from hotmail into my Outlook 2003, i've already set my Outlook to use my hotmail account for handling hotmail. Is this possible? It's easy to import Outlook contacts into online hotmail. Does it work the other way around? How? Thanks a lot for the answer ! Kind regards, Sjoerd. No, you can't export from Hotmail web mail, only import. "Sjoerd" wrote: > I would like to import my online contacts from hotmail into my Outlook 2003, > i've already set my Outlook to use my hotmail account for handling hotmail. &g...

Selecting only odd numbered rows
I have a spreadsheet with data on all the even numbered rows. All th odd numbered rows are blank. The data is imported into the spreadshee from a text file. How can I select and delete all the odd numbered rows which have n data in them? (Manually doing this is not an option as there are 15 different spreadsheets with approximately 2500 rows of data on each -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Can you do a sort or autofilter on the data ? That way all rows with data should be in the top half. Regards Bill K "Alan T >" <<Alan.T.12n317@excelforum-nospam.com>...

How to Show Records with No Data..........
I am working for a petroleum company, I have created a Sales Pivot Table which can be used to analysis sales information. The pivot table allows the users to look at total sales by category like Retail, Consumer and Competitor, and under each category it shows the list of customers who has purchased and what amount of fuel. The problem is, Pivot Table doesnt list all the customers who have not purchased from us. I mean, lets assume i have a list of 100 customers grouped as Retail 30, Consumer 60 and Competitor 10. Every month all these 100 customers are supposed to purchase from me, the pi...

Histogram
Does anyone know how to create a histogram that remains dynamicall linked to the source data? I can use the histogram plug-in, but when I "down select" the sourc data using Autofilter, the histogram does not update. I've figured ou that the histogram macro must be re-run on the new data. Also, hidin rows in the source data (as in Autofilter) does not exclude those row from the computations of the histogram macro. When I select a reduce set of records, the Histogram Macro reads all the source rows, eve those that are hidden. I was able to create a frequency distribution c...

Want to mail merge numbers into pub docs
How do I mail mergle gowing nummers /generte nummers Ingo i pub. duc? -- Jour Britta M. Andersen Box 109 3060 Espergļæ½rde Danmark Britta Mott Andersen wrote: > How do I mail mergle gowing nummers /generte nummers Ingo i pub. duc? Have a look at the raffle ticket tutorial at my website: http://www.mvps.org/publisher/training.html -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Britta, I'd love to help you but I don't understand what ...