Phone Call Activities display in Workplace CRM 3.0

Hi

We are running campaigns through CRM 3.0. The process is as follows:

Marketing Create Campaign
Marketing disttribute phone call activity to Account owners
Phone call activity appears on Sales Person's to-do list within
workplace Activities.

Problem

The sales people can only see which account they need to call from the
list view. They need to know from this one view Account Name, Contact
and Phone Number.

They have to jump into the account form then the contact form to get
this information and are getting very confused because of the amount of
open windows.

I have tried creating the activity based on the Contact instead of the
account but then the Account name does not display.

Does anyone have a work around for this - it seems that Microsoft did
not take mass cold calling into account when designing the system. Does
anyone know of an ISV add-on that handles cold-calling better?

Please help - the sales people are driving me crazy!

0
Vicky
7/3/2006 10:30:16 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Invoice Designer #3
I'm running Money Small Business 2004. I have gone into the invoice designer section of the program, and created an invoice template that I wish to use to print out my invoices. However I cannot find any way of getting the invoices created within Money to print out in this format. Is there any way to save this template so that it overwrites the standard invoice template which is quite unsuitable for my requirements (or is there some other way of getting the layout that I want?). None of the the help files within the program, the on-line Money 2004 manual or the web-based help files s...

Microsoft CRM server is not responding
Hi, Workflow Manager write: The specified Microsoft CRM server is not responding. This might happen if it is currently unavailable, it is not a Microsoft CRM server, or you are not a valid user. Fro more information, contact your system administrator. How fix it? In IE i can logon to CRM. ----- wbr, Eugene I've resolved this problem by restoring the metabase with the original version in IIS Regards Edgard Eugene wrote: > Hi, > > > Workflow Manager write: > > The specified Microsoft CRM server is not responding. This might happen if > it is currently un...

3.0 Customization
Is it possible in 3.0 to have one set of screens appear for one group of users and another set for another group. For instance, could our service people only see the service screens while our sales people only see the sales screens? I know I can restrict access to different areas, but we want to have a totally different look and feel for each group... Sorry - I dont believe this can be done "Matt Harvey" <rifleman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:OR2vU$3GGHA.740@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Is it possible in 3.0 to have one set of screens appear for one group of >...

Report CRM 3.0
Hi, I would need to find out the detailed procedure (step by step) to customize a report…. Could anybody inform about any links or documents concerning this issue? Thank's Marco I'm not sure if it's detailed enough, but the technical training manual has a section on creating and customizing reports. You can find it here: http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/crm/using/whatsnewtechnical.mspx HTH, -- Jeffry van de Vuurst CWR Mobility www.cwrmobility.com -- "Marco Rocca" <Marco Rocca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CEF80683-EC26-456C-82C...

Exchange 5.5 to 2003 upgrade issue 3

linking worksheets #3
I know ho to link cells to oher cells. But is there a convenient way to link ranges or worksheets to others. Hi just link the first cell e.g. ='sheet1'!A1 and copy this formula for your range. The reference will adapt automatically -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany j van c wrote: > I know ho to link cells to oher cells. But is there a convenient way > to link ranges or worksheets to others. ...

Offline Database Sync #3
Is there anyway to manually sync the offline database with the online database on the server? We have a register that travels to several weekend shows. We use the offline database when it travels and would like to reconnect it when it returns to the store. Since we process credit cards with a secure wireless connection, we want to run a Z report each day and settle the EDC Batch for credit card transactions. In order to accomplish that we do the following. We sync the offline database before the show. Then modify the SO Admin to point the primary database to the offline databas...

CRM 4.0 Custom Report Filter Problem

conditional formatting in excel #3

Excel 2002 converts 'S' to 0 when pasting from Clipboard
I came across the following problem: I copied some tabular data from IBM Personal Communications into the clipboard (yes, I am still a user of good old 3270 applications). Then I pasted the data into Microsoft Excel 2002 and all cells containing a 'S' became a '0' (number zero). Next I did some tests and found out that every single uppercase 'S' that is transferred to Excel using copy/paste is translated to '0'. This would not happen with other letters or with words containing an 'S'. Using 'Paste special' I can choose to insert my Clipboard a...

Excel Problem #3
I have win2000 with Office 2000 in the network! When i try to rename one excel file my computer make restart. This hapening not to all files,and all files there are in the same folder in the network! What hapen,and what i can do so as to work out the problem? I have all the required permissions on that network folder. No one else has any of the files open. They are not shared workbooks. ...

How do I import from LotusOrg 6.0?Import command only has 5.0
I am trying to import my calendar data from Lotus Org V6.X. Under the file command, it will only import from V5.X. Does anybody have any help for me since I would like to convert to Outlook from Lotus Organizer. Don Kiamie donalbert@mindspring.com In news:32C8F514-3EA5-4802-B1A4-F9C66E77293A@microsoft.com, DonAlbert <DonAlbert@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I am trying to import my calendar data from Lotus Org V6.X. Under > the file command, it will only import from V5.X. Does anybody have > any help for me since I would like to convert to Outlook from Lotus > ...

Outlook...screen saver keeps kicking on during active sessions
My screen saver keeps turning on when using Outlook. I can be in the middle of typing a email and it will constantly go to the screen saver picture. I have the screen saver set to activate after 15 minutes of inactivity. Why does this do this??? Are there other places to adjust?? ...

Limiting CRM application ability to aasigning user to approprite CRM security group
IT administrator that I have for client does not like the idea of CRM application assigning user group automatically. They prefer to do the security group assignment manually. Is this possible? What do I need to do to achieve that? Thanks Kyaw Hi Kyaw, I did it the following way for a customer: 1) You will need to precreate the five groups within your AD. There is no need of having a own OU (Container, Organizational Unit) for them. Follow the naming convention of your company or use the default namings from Microsoft for the five groups. There is no need for your AD Admin to assig...

reading and displaying memo fields
I got an ODBC database with a memo field. Now I use a CRecordSet in VC6 to read the database with CLongBinary for the memo field. After reading 18 fields he's out of memory. Is there a way to use CString instead of CLongBinary, cause it's only text in the memo fields (I already tried, but then I get an error message that the database could not be read)? Or is there a way to read all other fields first and only read the memo field when the user choose a specific item in the database? Thank you for helping me! ...

IF statement based on True/False that activates a certain list box
I've been asked to create a formula that will react to either "yes" or "no" entered into a cell which will show options in another cell based on a certain list. Example: Cells D3:D5 contain the values Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday (list named BegWeek) Cells E3:E5 contain the values Thursday, Friday, Saturday (list named EndWeek) Cell A3 accepts either "yes" or "no" entry only from a list If A3 = "Yes" then B3 will = drop down list BegWeek If A3 = "No" then B3 will = drop down list End Week I don't even know if thi...

How to relate an Activity to a group of contacts?
Is there a way to easily attach an Activity to multiple Contacts. For example, how can I attach the same Task to all the Contacts in New York? Selecting contact by contact is much to time consuming you would need to write an addon to do this. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "NBCRM" <NBCRM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:67F28655-9091-4E98-B971-AA37508A6DCD@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to easily attach an Activity to multiple Contacts. For > example, how can I attach the same Task to all the Contacts in New Yor...

Frame window does not get displayed properly
Hi All, I have a Dialog based applciation. I want to create a Frame window when clicked on the button on Dialog. The problem is I handled the Painting of the dialog (I draw a picture on so WM_PAINT message I handle.) but doing this I am not able to draw the frame window properly. It appears to be transparent to me . I am setting the CFrameWnd to be the child of CDialog Please Can you let me know how to draw the farme window of how can I have a floting window on a dialog. Thanks Anup I don't know if what you are doing is a good idea. But if you want to have a floating window ins...

Create a Loop for create a phone call
Hi Best Regards Excuse me for my bad english I am developing a workflow, which must create automatically phone calls and assign them to certain users of the following way: it must create the number of 10 calls and to assign them to user 1, to create 5 calls and to assign them to user 2 etc the data of the phone calls is in a database I am trying to create a loop but I have not found like I am thankful for your help regards You will need to do this using the CRM SDK/web service. Do something like : CrmService service = new CrmService(); // Setup the CrmService class here foreach (U...

FRx 6.7 Compatability with GP 10. 0
Hi, Is FRx 6.7 is campatable with GP 10.0? I have installed Frx 6.7 with and using successfully as local cleint but as requirement I need to run the same Balance Sheet Report which I have created on my client machine want to run on the different client machines withou installing the FRx. Do I need to installed FRx on each client machine? Please give the details. Your immediate help will be greatly appreciated. -- Developer Yes. Frx 6.7 is compatible with GP 10.0. Make sure to apply the latest service pack. I am not sure I understand your question. Are you asking if you need to c...

Unable to send E-Mails #3
I have recently installed broadband and when I attempt to send an E-Mail I get the following message. 554 <E-Mail Adress>: Recipient address rejected: Relay access denied Any help would be gratefully appreciated On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 13:27:03 -0800, LarryM wrote: > I have recently installed broadband and when I attempt to send an E-Mail I > get the following message. > 554 <E-Mail Adress>: Recipient address rejected: Relay access denied > > Any help would be gratefully appreciated You probably need to authenticate to your outgoing server. Set that up on the &...

Excel Macro #3
I am linking a subtotal workbook to three different workbooks. I have 72 cells on each of the 3 workbooks to link to. I have created a macro basically by using the macro builder in excel, however this takes approximately 72 lines of code for each file because each file has a different name. Is there a simpler VBA code that I could use for all three files? Thanks Frank Post your code (not your workbook) here "Frank" <fborger@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:07b401c36e49$a2591180$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I am linking a subtotal workbook to three different > workbook...