Personalise bulk distribution?

Hi, 

I've searched the articles but cannot seem to find an answer or 
documentation anywhere. I am trying to send emails from a template in CRM to 
a list of recipients but everytime I do so all the emails sent has the name 
and details of only the first recipient in the emails. Can CRM send email to 
more than one recipient at the same time and change the details in all the 
emails to the details of the individual recipients? As in first name, last 
name, company name, etc in the body of the message?

Thanks, 

Andre'
-- 
Andre''''
The Business Zone 31
Durban
South Africa
0
Utf
8/4/2005 9:49:27 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

8 Replies
439 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 33

Andre: CRM can indeed send email templates to multiple contacts at a time. 
Are you using the email template form to create your email template? This is 
where you would add the dynamic data. Home > Settings > Template Manager > 
Email Templates > New Email Template. Place your cursor in the body of the 
email and click the "Insert/Update" button. Click add and select the record 
type to draw information from. Next, select the field.

-- 
Matt Wittemann
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com


"Andre'''' M" wrote:

> Hi, 
> 
> I've searched the articles but cannot seem to find an answer or 
> documentation anywhere. I am trying to send emails from a template in CRM to 
> a list of recipients but everytime I do so all the emails sent has the name 
> and details of only the first recipient in the emails. Can CRM send email to 
> more than one recipient at the same time and change the details in all the 
> emails to the details of the individual recipients? As in first name, last 
> name, company name, etc in the body of the message?
> 
> Thanks, 
> 
> Andre'
> -- 
> Andre''''
> The Business Zone 31
> Durban
> South Africa
0
Utf
8/4/2005 12:01:02 PM
Hi Matt, 

Thanks for the info. I think I am doing that part right but when I try to 
send an email to multiple leads/contacts I can select as many users as I like 
but it will not give me the option to apply the template to all of them.

I go as follows: new>new activity>email>  When I get here it wont apply a 
template unless I have specified a lead or contact but it only applies the 
template to that person and if I select more recipients in the "To" field it 
does'nt apply the template to the other recipients. 

I have looked all over the place but cannot find a usermanual for CRM and 
the Help section does'nt help much. 
-- 
Andre''''
The Business Zone 31
Durban
South Africa


"MattNC" wrote:

> Andre: CRM can indeed send email templates to multiple contacts at a time. 
> Are you using the email template form to create your email template? This is 
> where you would add the dynamic data. Home > Settings > Template Manager > 
> Email Templates > New Email Template. Place your cursor in the body of the 
> email and click the "Insert/Update" button. Click add and select the record 
> type to draw information from. Next, select the field.
> 
> -- 
> Matt Wittemann
> http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
> 
> 
> "Andre'''' M" wrote:
> 
> > Hi, 
> > 
> > I've searched the articles but cannot seem to find an answer or 
> > documentation anywhere. I am trying to send emails from a template in CRM to 
> > a list of recipients but everytime I do so all the emails sent has the name 
> > and details of only the first recipient in the emails. Can CRM send email to 
> > more than one recipient at the same time and change the details in all the 
> > emails to the details of the individual recipients? As in first name, last 
> > name, company name, etc in the body of the message?
> > 
> > Thanks, 
> > 
> > Andre'
> > -- 
> > Andre''''
> > The Business Zone 31
> > Durban
> > South Africa
0
Utf
8/4/2005 12:58:36 PM
Ok, here's what you are missing: In order to send a mass email, you need to 
send it from the grid view of the contacts or leads. For example, if you are 
looking at the view "My Contacts" you will notice at the top of the list of 
names there is a button labeled "Actions." Clicking on this will reveal the 
option "Send Direct E-mail." This will open the Direct E-mail wizard, which 
allows you to choose the template, indicate if you want to send it to the 
selected contact or all the contacts in this view, and to choose the sender 
(yourself or a queue). You can also use the Advanced Find tool if you want to 
select a list that you don't have a view built for.
Good luck!
-- 
Matt Wittemann
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com


"Andre'''' M" wrote:

> Hi Matt, 
> 
> Thanks for the info. I think I am doing that part right but when I try to 
> send an email to multiple leads/contacts I can select as many users as I like 
> but it will not give me the option to apply the template to all of them.
> 
> I go as follows: new>new activity>email>  When I get here it wont apply a 
> template unless I have specified a lead or contact but it only applies the 
> template to that person and if I select more recipients in the "To" field it 
> does'nt apply the template to the other recipients. 
> 
> I have looked all over the place but cannot find a usermanual for CRM and 
> the Help section does'nt help much. 
> -- 
> Andre''''
> The Business Zone 31
> Durban
> South Africa
> 
> 
> "MattNC" wrote:
> 
> > Andre: CRM can indeed send email templates to multiple contacts at a time. 
> > Are you using the email template form to create your email template? This is 
> > where you would add the dynamic data. Home > Settings > Template Manager > 
> > Email Templates > New Email Template. Place your cursor in the body of the 
> > email and click the "Insert/Update" button. Click add and select the record 
> > type to draw information from. Next, select the field.
> > 
> > -- 
> > Matt Wittemann
> > http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
> > 
> > 
> > "Andre'''' M" wrote:
> > 
> > > Hi, 
> > > 
> > > I've searched the articles but cannot seem to find an answer or 
> > > documentation anywhere. I am trying to send emails from a template in CRM to 
> > > a list of recipients but everytime I do so all the emails sent has the name 
> > > and details of only the first recipient in the emails. Can CRM send email to 
> > > more than one recipient at the same time and change the details in all the 
> > > emails to the details of the individual recipients? As in first name, last 
> > > name, company name, etc in the body of the message?
> > > 
> > > Thanks, 
> > > 
> > > Andre'
> > > -- 
> > > Andre''''
> > > The Business Zone 31
> > > Durban
> > > South Africa
0
Utf
8/4/2005 1:34:05 PM
Thanks Matt, all sorted out! The only funny thing remaining is the fact that 
it seem to reverse first name and last name. Not sure how the rest the world 
works but over here Andre' Morgenrood (me) would be addressed as First name 
Last name (Dear, Andre' Morgenrood,) Not (Hi, Morgenrood, Andre'). Will just 
reverse the fields and keep it in mind. 

Thanks again,

Andre'
-- 
Andre''''
The Business Zone 31
Durban
South Africa


"MattNC" wrote:

> Ok, here's what you are missing: In order to send a mass email, you need to 
> send it from the grid view of the contacts or leads. For example, if you are 
> looking at the view "My Contacts" you will notice at the top of the list of 
> names there is a button labeled "Actions." Clicking on this will reveal the 
> option "Send Direct E-mail." This will open the Direct E-mail wizard, which 
> allows you to choose the template, indicate if you want to send it to the 
> selected contact or all the contacts in this view, and to choose the sender 
> (yourself or a queue). You can also use the Advanced Find tool if you want to 
> select a list that you don't have a view built for.
> Good luck!
> -- 
> Matt Wittemann
> http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
> 
> 
> "Andre'''' M" wrote:
> 
> > Hi Matt, 
> > 
> > Thanks for the info. I think I am doing that part right but when I try to 
> > send an email to multiple leads/contacts I can select as many users as I like 
> > but it will not give me the option to apply the template to all of them.
> > 
> > I go as follows: new>new activity>email>  When I get here it wont apply a 
> > template unless I have specified a lead or contact but it only applies the 
> > template to that person and if I select more recipients in the "To" field it 
> > does'nt apply the template to the other recipients. 
> > 
> > I have looked all over the place but cannot find a usermanual for CRM and 
> > the Help section does'nt help much. 
> > -- 
> > Andre''''
> > The Business Zone 31
> > Durban
> > South Africa
> > 
> > 
> > "MattNC" wrote:
> > 
> > > Andre: CRM can indeed send email templates to multiple contacts at a time. 
> > > Are you using the email template form to create your email template? This is 
> > > where you would add the dynamic data. Home > Settings > Template Manager > 
> > > Email Templates > New Email Template. Place your cursor in the body of the 
> > > email and click the "Insert/Update" button. Click add and select the record 
> > > type to draw information from. Next, select the field.
> > > 
> > > -- 
> > > Matt Wittemann
> > > http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
> > > 
> > > 
> > > "Andre'''' M" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > Hi, 
> > > > 
> > > > I've searched the articles but cannot seem to find an answer or 
> > > > documentation anywhere. I am trying to send emails from a template in CRM to 
> > > > a list of recipients but everytime I do so all the emails sent has the name 
> > > > and details of only the first recipient in the emails. Can CRM send email to 
> > > > more than one recipient at the same time and change the details in all the 
> > > > emails to the details of the individual recipients? As in first name, last 
> > > > name, company name, etc in the body of the message?
> > > > 
> > > > Thanks, 
> > > > 
> > > > Andre'
> > > > -- 
> > > > Andre''''
> > > > The Business Zone 31
> > > > Durban
> > > > South Africa
0
Utf
8/4/2005 2:25:06 PM
The order of names is determined by your system settings. (Home > Settings > 
System Customization > System Settings). There's a dropdown to select the 
order of names. The only problem is, if you have already been using the 
system with Last Name, First Name order, if you change this setting, it only 
changes it for contacts and leads you enter from now on. Those entered before 
will stay as they are, so you'd end up with some leads being addressed as 
Last Name First Name, and some being addressed properly.
You gotta hand it to Microsoft!
-- 
Matt Wittemann
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com


"Andre'''' M" wrote:

> Thanks Matt, all sorted out! The only funny thing remaining is the fact that 
> it seem to reverse first name and last name. Not sure how the rest the world 
> works but over here Andre' Morgenrood (me) would be addressed as First name 
> Last name (Dear, Andre' Morgenrood,) Not (Hi, Morgenrood, Andre'). Will just 
> reverse the fields and keep it in mind. 
> 
> Thanks again,
> 
> Andre'
> -- 
> Andre''''
> The Business Zone 31
> Durban
> South Africa
> 
> 
> "MattNC" wrote:
> 
> > Ok, here's what you are missing: In order to send a mass email, you need to 
> > send it from the grid view of the contacts or leads. For example, if you are 
> > looking at the view "My Contacts" you will notice at the top of the list of 
> > names there is a button labeled "Actions." Clicking on this will reveal the 
> > option "Send Direct E-mail." This will open the Direct E-mail wizard, which 
> > allows you to choose the template, indicate if you want to send it to the 
> > selected contact or all the contacts in this view, and to choose the sender 
> > (yourself or a queue). You can also use the Advanced Find tool if you want to 
> > select a list that you don't have a view built for.
> > Good luck!
> > -- 
> > Matt Wittemann
> > http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
> > 
> > 
> > "Andre'''' M" wrote:
> > 
> > > Hi Matt, 
> > > 
> > > Thanks for the info. I think I am doing that part right but when I try to 
> > > send an email to multiple leads/contacts I can select as many users as I like 
> > > but it will not give me the option to apply the template to all of them.
> > > 
> > > I go as follows: new>new activity>email>  When I get here it wont apply a 
> > > template unless I have specified a lead or contact but it only applies the 
> > > template to that person and if I select more recipients in the "To" field it 
> > > does'nt apply the template to the other recipients. 
> > > 
> > > I have looked all over the place but cannot find a usermanual for CRM and 
> > > the Help section does'nt help much. 
> > > -- 
> > > Andre''''
> > > The Business Zone 31
> > > Durban
> > > South Africa
> > > 
> > > 
> > > "MattNC" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > Andre: CRM can indeed send email templates to multiple contacts at a time. 
> > > > Are you using the email template form to create your email template? This is 
> > > > where you would add the dynamic data. Home > Settings > Template Manager > 
> > > > Email Templates > New Email Template. Place your cursor in the body of the 
> > > > email and click the "Insert/Update" button. Click add and select the record 
> > > > type to draw information from. Next, select the field.
> > > > 
> > > > -- 
> > > > Matt Wittemann
> > > > http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
> > > > 
> > > > 
> > > > "Andre'''' M" wrote:
> > > > 
> > > > > Hi, 
> > > > > 
> > > > > I've searched the articles but cannot seem to find an answer or 
> > > > > documentation anywhere. I am trying to send emails from a template in CRM to 
> > > > > a list of recipients but everytime I do so all the emails sent has the name 
> > > > > and details of only the first recipient in the emails. Can CRM send email to 
> > > > > more than one recipient at the same time and change the details in all the 
> > > > > emails to the details of the individual recipients? As in first name, last 
> > > > > name, company name, etc in the body of the message?
> > > > > 
> > > > > Thanks, 
> > > > > 
> > > > > Andre'
> > > > > -- 
> > > > > Andre''''
> > > > > The Business Zone 31
> > > > > Durban
> > > > > South Africa
0
Utf
8/4/2005 2:34:51 PM
Ha ha, Yup know the Microsoft bit all too well :-)

Not a problem as I've only started the DB now, will export to Excel, change 
the lot and import back into the system, quicker that way.

I've gotten more help here the last day than I've had from MS in who knows 
how long, cheers!!

Andre'
-- 
Andre''''
The Business Zone 31
Durban
South Africa


"MattNC" wrote:

> The order of names is determined by your system settings. (Home > Settings > 
> System Customization > System Settings). There's a dropdown to select the 
> order of names. The only problem is, if you have already been using the 
> system with Last Name, First Name order, if you change this setting, it only 
> changes it for contacts and leads you enter from now on. Those entered before 
> will stay as they are, so you'd end up with some leads being addressed as 
> Last Name First Name, and some being addressed properly.
> You gotta hand it to Microsoft!
> -- 
> Matt Wittemann
> http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
> 
> 
> "Andre'''' M" wrote:
> 
> > Thanks Matt, all sorted out! The only funny thing remaining is the fact that 
> > it seem to reverse first name and last name. Not sure how the rest the world 
> > works but over here Andre' Morgenrood (me) would be addressed as First name 
> > Last name (Dear, Andre' Morgenrood,) Not (Hi, Morgenrood, Andre'). Will just 
> > reverse the fields and keep it in mind. 
> > 
> > Thanks again,
> > 
> > Andre'
> > -- 
> > Andre''''
> > The Business Zone 31
> > Durban
> > South Africa
> > 
> > 
> > "MattNC" wrote:
> > 
> > > Ok, here's what you are missing: In order to send a mass email, you need to 
> > > send it from the grid view of the contacts or leads. For example, if you are 
> > > looking at the view "My Contacts" you will notice at the top of the list of 
> > > names there is a button labeled "Actions." Clicking on this will reveal the 
> > > option "Send Direct E-mail." This will open the Direct E-mail wizard, which 
> > > allows you to choose the template, indicate if you want to send it to the 
> > > selected contact or all the contacts in this view, and to choose the sender 
> > > (yourself or a queue). You can also use the Advanced Find tool if you want to 
> > > select a list that you don't have a view built for.
> > > Good luck!
> > > -- 
> > > Matt Wittemann
> > > http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
> > > 
> > > 
> > > "Andre'''' M" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > Hi Matt, 
> > > > 
> > > > Thanks for the info. I think I am doing that part right but when I try to 
> > > > send an email to multiple leads/contacts I can select as many users as I like 
> > > > but it will not give me the option to apply the template to all of them.
> > > > 
> > > > I go as follows: new>new activity>email>  When I get here it wont apply a 
> > > > template unless I have specified a lead or contact but it only applies the 
> > > > template to that person and if I select more recipients in the "To" field it 
> > > > does'nt apply the template to the other recipients. 
> > > > 
> > > > I have looked all over the place but cannot find a usermanual for CRM and 
> > > > the Help section does'nt help much. 
> > > > -- 
> > > > Andre''''
> > > > The Business Zone 31
> > > > Durban
> > > > South Africa
> > > > 
> > > > 
> > > > "MattNC" wrote:
> > > > 
> > > > > Andre: CRM can indeed send email templates to multiple contacts at a time. 
> > > > > Are you using the email template form to create your email template? This is 
> > > > > where you would add the dynamic data. Home > Settings > Template Manager > 
> > > > > Email Templates > New Email Template. Place your cursor in the body of the 
> > > > > email and click the "Insert/Update" button. Click add and select the record 
> > > > > type to draw information from. Next, select the field.
> > > > > 
> > > > > -- 
> > > > > Matt Wittemann
> > > > > http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
> > > > > 
> > > > > 
> > > > > "Andre'''' M" wrote:
> > > > > 
> > > > > > Hi, 
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > I've searched the articles but cannot seem to find an answer or 
> > > > > > documentation anywhere. I am trying to send emails from a template in CRM to 
> > > > > > a list of recipients but everytime I do so all the emails sent has the name 
> > > > > > and details of only the first recipient in the emails. Can CRM send email to 
> > > > > > more than one recipient at the same time and change the details in all the 
> > > > > > emails to the details of the individual recipients? As in first name, last 
> > > > > > name, company name, etc in the body of the message?
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > Thanks, 
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > Andre'
> > > > > > -- 
> > > > > > Andre''''
> > > > > > The Business Zone 31
> > > > > > Durban
> > > > > > South Africa
0
Utf
8/4/2005 2:59:02 PM
You could apply the new format (unsupported but safe and easy) by running a 
direct SQL Query Analyser UPDATE on _MSCRM database

UPDATE     leadbase
SET             fullname = firstname + ', ' + lastname

Usual precautions apply ie back it up first


"Andre'''' M" <AndreM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:214C0EDE-853F-4DA7-B041-1784B110F02D@microsoft.com...
> Ha ha, Yup know the Microsoft bit all too well :-)
>
> Not a problem as I've only started the DB now, will export to Excel, 
> change
> the lot and import back into the system, quicker that way.
>
> I've gotten more help here the last day than I've had from MS in who knows
> how long, cheers!!
>
> Andre'
> -- 
> Andre''''
> The Business Zone 31
> Durban
> South Africa
>
>
> "MattNC" wrote:
>
>> The order of names is determined by your system settings. (Home > 
>> Settings >
>> System Customization > System Settings). There's a dropdown to select the
>> order of names. The only problem is, if you have already been using the
>> system with Last Name, First Name order, if you change this setting, it 
>> only
>> changes it for contacts and leads you enter from now on. Those entered 
>> before
>> will stay as they are, so you'd end up with some leads being addressed as
>> Last Name First Name, and some being addressed properly.
>> You gotta hand it to Microsoft!
>> -- 
>> Matt Wittemann
>> http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
>>
>>
>> "Andre'''' M" wrote:
>>
>> > Thanks Matt, all sorted out! The only funny thing remaining is the fact 
>> > that
>> > it seem to reverse first name and last name. Not sure how the rest the 
>> > world
>> > works but over here Andre' Morgenrood (me) would be addressed as First 
>> > name
>> > Last name (Dear, Andre' Morgenrood,) Not (Hi, Morgenrood, Andre'). Will 
>> > just
>> > reverse the fields and keep it in mind.
>> >
>> > Thanks again,
>> >
>> > Andre'
>> > -- 
>> > Andre''''
>> > The Business Zone 31
>> > Durban
>> > South Africa
>> >
>> >
>> > "MattNC" wrote:
>> >
>> > > Ok, here's what you are missing: In order to send a mass email, you 
>> > > need to
>> > > send it from the grid view of the contacts or leads. For example, if 
>> > > you are
>> > > looking at the view "My Contacts" you will notice at the top of the 
>> > > list of
>> > > names there is a button labeled "Actions." Clicking on this will 
>> > > reveal the
>> > > option "Send Direct E-mail." This will open the Direct E-mail wizard, 
>> > > which
>> > > allows you to choose the template, indicate if you want to send it to 
>> > > the
>> > > selected contact or all the contacts in this view, and to choose the 
>> > > sender
>> > > (yourself or a queue). You can also use the Advanced Find tool if you 
>> > > want to
>> > > select a list that you don't have a view built for.
>> > > Good luck!
>> > > -- 
>> > > Matt Wittemann
>> > > http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
>> > >
>> > >
>> > > "Andre'''' M" wrote:
>> > >
>> > > > Hi Matt,
>> > > >
>> > > > Thanks for the info. I think I am doing that part right but when I 
>> > > > try to
>> > > > send an email to multiple leads/contacts I can select as many users 
>> > > > as I like
>> > > > but it will not give me the option to apply the template to all of 
>> > > > them.
>> > > >
>> > > > I go as follows: new>new activity>email>  When I get here it wont 
>> > > > apply a
>> > > > template unless I have specified a lead or contact but it only 
>> > > > applies the
>> > > > template to that person and if I select more recipients in the "To" 
>> > > > field it
>> > > > does'nt apply the template to the other recipients.
>> > > >
>> > > > I have looked all over the place but cannot find a usermanual for 
>> > > > CRM and
>> > > > the Help section does'nt help much.
>> > > > -- 
>> > > > Andre''''
>> > > > The Business Zone 31
>> > > > Durban
>> > > > South Africa
>> > > >
>> > > >
>> > > > "MattNC" wrote:
>> > > >
>> > > > > Andre: CRM can indeed send email templates to multiple contacts 
>> > > > > at a time.
>> > > > > Are you using the email template form to create your email 
>> > > > > template? This is
>> > > > > where you would add the dynamic data. Home > Settings > Template 
>> > > > > Manager >
>> > > > > Email Templates > New Email Template. Place your cursor in the 
>> > > > > body of the
>> > > > > email and click the "Insert/Update" button. Click add and select 
>> > > > > the record
>> > > > > type to draw information from. Next, select the field.
>> > > > >
>> > > > > -- 
>> > > > > Matt Wittemann
>> > > > > http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
>> > > > >
>> > > > >
>> > > > > "Andre'''' M" wrote:
>> > > > >
>> > > > > > Hi,
>> > > > > >
>> > > > > > I've searched the articles but cannot seem to find an answer or
>> > > > > > documentation anywhere. I am trying to send emails from a 
>> > > > > > template in CRM to
>> > > > > > a list of recipients but everytime I do so all the emails sent 
>> > > > > > has the name
>> > > > > > and details of only the first recipient in the emails. Can CRM 
>> > > > > > send email to
>> > > > > > more than one recipient at the same time and change the details 
>> > > > > > in all the
>> > > > > > emails to the details of the individual recipients? As in first 
>> > > > > > name, last
>> > > > > > name, company name, etc in the body of the message?
>> > > > > >
>> > > > > > Thanks,
>> > > > > >
>> > > > > > Andre'
>> > > > > > -- 
>> > > > > > Andre''''
>> > > > > > The Business Zone 31
>> > > > > > Durban
>> > > > > > South Africa 


0
Peter
8/5/2005 8:00:05 AM

You could apply the new format (unsupported but safe and easy) by running a
direct SQL Query Analyser UPDATE on _MSCRM database

UPDATE     leadbase
SET             fullname = firstname + ' ' + lastname

Usual precautions apply ie back it up first


">
> "Andre'''' M" <AndreM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:214C0EDE-853F-4DA7-B041-1784B110F02D@microsoft.com...
>> Ha ha, Yup know the Microsoft bit all too well :-)
>>
>> Not a problem as I've only started the DB now, will export to Excel, 
>> change
>> the lot and import back into the system, quicker that way.
>>
>> I've gotten more help here the last day than I've had from MS in who 
>> knows
>> how long, cheers!!
>>
>> Andre'
>> -- 
>> Andre''''
>> The Business Zone 31
>> Durban
>> South Africa
>>
>>
>> "MattNC" wrote:
>>
>>> The order of names is determined by your system settings. (Home > 
>>> Settings >
>>> System Customization > System Settings). There's a dropdown to select 
>>> the
>>> order of names. The only problem is, if you have already been using the
>>> system with Last Name, First Name order, if you change this setting, it 
>>> only
>>> changes it for contacts and leads you enter from now on. Those entered 
>>> before
>>> will stay as they are, so you'd end up with some leads being addressed 
>>> as
>>> Last Name First Name, and some being addressed properly.
>>> You gotta hand it to Microsoft!
>>> -- 
>>> Matt Wittemann
>>> http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
>>>
>>>
>>> "Andre'''' M" wrote:
>>>
>>> > Thanks Matt, all sorted out! The only funny thing remaining is the 
>>> > fact that
>>> > it seem to reverse first name and last name. Not sure how the rest the 
>>> > world
>>> > works but over here Andre' Morgenrood (me) would be addressed as First 
>>> > name
>>> > Last name (Dear, Andre' Morgenrood,) Not (Hi, Morgenrood, Andre'). 
>>> > Will just
>>> > reverse the fields and keep it in mind.
>>> >
>>> > Thanks again,
>>> >
>>> > Andre'
>>> > -- 
>>> > Andre''''
>>> > The Business Zone 31
>>> > Durban
>>> > South Africa
>>> >
>>> >
>>> > "MattNC" wrote:
>>> >
>>> > > Ok, here's what you are missing: In order to send a mass email, you 
>>> > > need to
>>> > > send it from the grid view of the contacts or leads. For example, if 
>>> > > you are
>>> > > looking at the view "My Contacts" you will notice at the top of the 
>>> > > list of
>>> > > names there is a button labeled "Actions." Clicking on this will 
>>> > > reveal the
>>> > > option "Send Direct E-mail." This will open the Direct E-mail 
>>> > > wizard, which
>>> > > allows you to choose the template, indicate if you want to send it 
>>> > > to the
>>> > > selected contact or all the contacts in this view, and to choose the 
>>> > > sender
>>> > > (yourself or a queue). You can also use the Advanced Find tool if 
>>> > > you want to
>>> > > select a list that you don't have a view built for.
>>> > > Good luck!
>>> > > -- 
>>> > > Matt Wittemann
>>> > > http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
>>> > >
>>> > >
>>> > > "Andre'''' M" wrote:
>>> > >
>>> > > > Hi Matt,
>>> > > >
>>> > > > Thanks for the info. I think I am doing that part right but when I 
>>> > > > try to
>>> > > > send an email to multiple leads/contacts I can select as many 
>>> > > > users as I like
>>> > > > but it will not give me the option to apply the template to all of 
>>> > > > them.
>>> > > >
>>> > > > I go as follows: new>new activity>email>  When I get here it wont 
>>> > > > apply a
>>> > > > template unless I have specified a lead or contact but it only 
>>> > > > applies the
>>> > > > template to that person and if I select more recipients in the 
>>> > > > "To" field it
>>> > > > does'nt apply the template to the other recipients.
>>> > > >
>>> > > > I have looked all over the place but cannot find a usermanual for 
>>> > > > CRM and
>>> > > > the Help section does'nt help much.
>>> > > > -- 
>>> > > > Andre''''
>>> > > > The Business Zone 31
>>> > > > Durban
>>> > > > South Africa
>>> > > >
>>> > > >
>>> > > > "MattNC" wrote:
>>> > > >
>>> > > > > Andre: CRM can indeed send email templates to multiple contacts 
>>> > > > > at a time.
>>> > > > > Are you using the email template form to create your email 
>>> > > > > template? This is
>>> > > > > where you would add the dynamic data. Home > Settings > Template 
>>> > > > > Manager >
>>> > > > > Email Templates > New Email Template. Place your cursor in the 
>>> > > > > body of the
>>> > > > > email and click the "Insert/Update" button. Click add and select 
>>> > > > > the record
>>> > > > > type to draw information from. Next, select the field.
>>> > > > >
>>> > > > > -- 
>>> > > > > Matt Wittemann
>>> > > > > http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
>>> > > > >
>>> > > > >
>>> > > > > "Andre'''' M" wrote:
>>> > > > >
>>> > > > > > Hi,
>>> > > > > >
>>> > > > > > I've searched the articles but cannot seem to find an answer 
>>> > > > > > or
>>> > > > > > documentation anywhere. I am trying to send emails from a 
>>> > > > > > template in CRM to
>>> > > > > > a list of recipients but everytime I do so all the emails sent 
>>> > > > > > has the name
>>> > > > > > and details of only the first recipient in the emails. Can CRM 
>>> > > > > > send email to
>>> > > > > > more than one recipient at the same time and change the 
>>> > > > > > details in all the
>>> > > > > > emails to the details of the individual recipients? As in 
>>> > > > > > first name, last
>>> > > > > > name, company name, etc in the body of the message?
>>> > > > > >
>>> > > > > > Thanks,
>>> > > > > >
>>> > > > > > Andre'
>>> > > > > > -- 
>>> > > > > > Andre''''
>>> > > > > > The Business Zone 31
>>> > > > > > Durban
>>> > > > > > South Africa
>
> 


0
Peter
8/5/2005 8:19:44 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Sending Bulk E-mails
I have Exchange 2000 SP3 on Win2K Server. We sent out a press release via Outlook (2000, 2002 or 2003) to 125 press members once a month. Whenever we do this, it slows down my server and e-mails gets stuck in the queue for about 24 hours before everything is sent out. The message is about 1M (including 5 small attachments). The Message settings on my Default SMTP Virtual Server Properties are set to no limit on message size and session size, and 200 for message per connections and recipients per message. Under the Gernal Tab, the Limit unmber of connections to is not set. Is this ...

How to add Cc user in Exch2003 distribution group?
Hi there, Wondering in Exch2003 distribution group, how can I add a user as "Cc" instead of "To"? Many thanks! "leemutpo" <leemutpo@hotmail.com> wrote: >Wondering in Exch2003 distribution group, how can I add a user as "Cc" >instead of "To"? You don't. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm Don't send mail to this address mailto:h.pott@getronics.com ...

Outlook 2007 Distribution List
I only want email addresses in my Distribution List. I am copying a long list of email addresses from Excel and inserting them into my Outlook at a Group using the Distribution List. My Excel list only has email addresses and no names. The format for the Distribution List is Name / Email Address. Therefore, I need to know how I can omit the Names column. -- KarenB you can't, but if there is no name, the email address is also placed in the name field. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Cente...

Outlook 2007 Distribution List
I'm trying to print my Distribution List on one page. Outook 2007 prints the header info on one page and the members on another page. I want to print it all on one page like I did with Outlook 2003. You can save it as a .txt file and then print that file. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 "MStone" wrote: > I'm trying to print my Distribution List on one page. Outook 2007 prints the > header info on on...

Bulk Deletion
Hi All Does anyone know how I can delete more than 250 records at a time through the web interface. I have no real SQL access nor skills. I have imported 5000 leads and discovered major errors which I now need to delete... Thanks in advance al -- CRM Power User if you have no sql or coding skills i would take the long approach of simply selecting 250 at a time and deleting. I know its a pain but it should not take that long. ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "al" <al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

CRM Bulk Delete of Activities
We are new to CRM, and in the "testing" phase of implementation. Our marketing group has used smart lists and quick campaign which results in 30,000 open activies (emails). We can respond/delete/acknowledge them 250 at a time via the activities view. Clearly waiting for screen refreshes 120 times would waste a lot of time. Is there a way to "respond" to activies at a campaign level or in bulk? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0108_01C83679.362A3E60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quot...

Trouble with bulk import accounts in CRM 3.0
I'm having difficulties with bulk import wizard; I exported contacts from exchange pub folder into a tab separated file, but all I get from the import wizard is an error message “The source import file is corrupt”. I’ve tried a couple of combinations for the separator symbol and tried reducing the number of mapped fields from Outlook but with no results… Any ideas ? I am facing exactly the same problem in importing leads from a tab delimited spreadsheet into MS CRM 3.0. It was EXACTLY the same spreadsheet I have used in MS CRM 1.2 where it worked fine. Any suggestions on what mig...

Sending Bulk Email to Customers
We have a 8000+ list of customers that we send out a newsletter to on a monthly basis. Is there a best practices to follow when sending that amount of data from our Exchange 2003 server? The email is about 200k in size and if we don't have to cut it down any further we would like to keep it. Our main goal is to conserve bandwidth as much as possible and also manage the NDR's so that we can update our contact list. We will consider 3rd party packages as well. Thanks all! --Adam On 15 Jan 2007 11:08:48 -0800, eckerle@gmail.com wrote: >We have a 8000+ list of customers that we...

LDAP distribution list in Outlook
Hello and happy new year, Has anyone ever make LDAP distribution list which are visible in Outlook ? I can see LDAP contacts (InetOrgPerson) but not distribution lists (GroupOfNames). If you have an experience feedback, thank you to share it with me. I cant resolve this problem since 5 days ... ;) Thanks you Julien LESTEL jlestel....@gmail.com ...

Distribution List(s)
I am trying to find out how to send our price lists out to very small business by either fax or email via a Distribution List. I have been told OL 2003 can differentiate between email and fax addresses but cannot find anything in Help or the KB to tell me how to set this up. Will someone please help get me started? Thank you! ...

copy distribution list to other domain
Hello All, I want to extract the OU "distribution groups" with everything in it, and also the members of each distribution type in it. If there's a possibility i then wan to import the list with mail groups and their members into another domain. Can anybody tell me who i cab get this to work? I would be very glad with a extract of the distribution list with their members. Regards, Scubabinkie. Look into using LDIFDE to export and then import. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=237677 Nue <scubabinkie@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1151590074.383982.245630@75...

Distribution List Size
Any idea how to reset the DL size in the store. Microsoft says it is set to around 8 kb, that's SMALL. I would be interested in knowing how other people mass mail to about 400 people at one time. Do you still use a DL or is there another way. I want to stay away from multiple DL's I imagine you are talking about personal DL's, and the only way I know is to use multiple ones.... -- Martin Blackstone MVP - Exchange http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_appxc.htm "Dale" <dalecrowder@hotmail.com> wrote in message ne...

help with distribution formula!
i need to make a distribution table. i know that i use the -normdist- function, i just can't figure out what to put in each argument. my data is 10 questions, and each question has 5 answers to choose from (multiple choice). Assuming that im making complete random guesses, i need to find the probability of getting 1 question correct, 2 questions, 3, 4, and so on until i get the prob. of getting all 10 correct. what would i plug into each argument? x - mean - standard Dev - cumulative - i'm not specifically asking for the answers, but more for help on figuring out which goes into...

Cannot see Distribution List membership from OWA
Running Exchange 2003SP2 on W2003R2. Is there a way for Outlook Web Access users to see the membership of a Distribution List (in GAL)? After selecting the Dist List and clicking Properties, I currently cannot see the members. Hi Russell, Thanks for posting here. According to my research, I am afraid that we are unable to do so, because when you connect Exchange 2003 server via OWA, OWA cannot display the membership of a Distribution List. This is by design. But in Exchange 2007, you can find the membership of a Distribution Group in OWA. I truly understand your concern. I will...

Modify Purchas Order Distribution after upgrade to SP3
Since the upgrade to the latest service pack we have been running into an issue when putting Purchase Order invoices into the system. There have been occurrences during Enter/Match process where we have had to adjust the price of an item. When I go to the distribution tab there will be a blank spot where the General Ledger account number should be. When I try to put in the correct account number I get an error message. You can not change the PURCH account at the summary Level. Change the inventory account for the line item instead. That is not an option made available to me...

One group can't send to distribution list that is locked down
I've got one group that cannot send to a distribution group even though the have the correct rights to send to that group. E2k3 sp2 with all the latest fixes and server2k3 sp1 with all fixes. This setup has been working fine for a year and just started bombing on me with NDR's stating You do not have permission to send to this recipient. No changes to group membership, scope or type have happened to either group in quite some time. ANyone seen this happen before? bouncing the system attendant got it fixed. "knightly" wrote: > I've got one group that cannot sen...

Bulk email with attachments
Does anyone know if v3.0 will allow attachments when doing a bulk email? We want to use the CRM email to do this rather than going to regular Outlook. As near as I can tell (in v1.2) you can create a bulk email with a template, but cannot attach anything to that template. Also will you be able to do your "advanced finds" on customized fields in v3.0? I do not see that functionality in v1.2. Or am I wrong?? Thanks in advance..... -b Forgive my ignorance. You can do an advanced find on custom fields. I think we were searching the wrong form. It does not default to...

Posting Distribution in Purchasing.
My company just done some kind of update and this update stops me from changing the distribution accounts. As you all know when you recive items they need to be coded to different departments. Lets say its two maintenance items (non inventory) I need to code each to different departments. Can anyone give any suggestions? Tony, It sounds like your company just upgraded to GP 10. Please search for this thread and read all about it . . . 'Changing Account Distributions in GP 10' Hope this helps, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: ...

RMS, bulk items
How to do a PO and cycle count for bulk chesses, any ideas thoughts please. ...

User Periodically Disappears from Distribution List
I've had this happen twice now to the same user. I have a Security group setup with an exchange address attached. I use this for granting security while adding them to a general Distribution list for ease. Well occasionaly one user simply disappears from the list and is not shown and does not recieve Email's sent via that distribution list. To fix it so far, The only thing i've done is switch the primary group of the user and he reappears in the group. If I try to add him to the list via Outlook address book, which I am the owner of, it says I cannot add. Any Ideas on th...

distribution list not worling within my company
I use Outlook 2000, Exchange 2000 on Win2K and XP machines. When ever a client sends out mail using a distribution list, my internal clients will not receive mail. When we send mail out via a distribution list, the mail is Q'ed for a while. then I receive a delivery delayed notification. after a day I will receive a failed status. Can you help with this problem. No DL flow inside or out. Why? Is this for one list? Or multiple lists? Check the Distribution Group properties and make sure that an expansion server is NOT specified. -- Jim McBee Blog - http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.c...

Public Folder Distribution Lists
I'm trying to setup a distribution list that basically acts as a mailing list to several people. I created a public folder with the contact info of the people on the list that I want to mail to (including the email address) and then tied that to a DL that I created in ADUC. I made sure that the DL was mail enabled and I tied the public folder to the members portion. However when I go to send an email to that DL, it shows up as a post of sorts in the contact list in the public folder as opposed to actually sending that message to the email addresses listed. Where am I going wrong? As a sid...

distribution lists #4
Does anyone know if anything can be done to fix my outlook problem? If I send an email to a distribution list and one of the addresses bounces ( invlaid, box fill, vacation setting, etc; ), everyone on my distribution list get the message reply not just me. How can I change the settings/preferences so everyone on my distribution list does not see the bounces or returns. Thanks!! Jenny ...

IM - Payables
Hi, We have recently upgrade a customer from 7.5 to 9.0. They have a number of integrations that take invoices from a front end system into GP. The data to be integrated is on SQL tables and the transactions to be integrated are conntrolled by various SQL views and scripts. There appears to be issues with the payables side - the sales is fine. When the transactions are previewed -the header information is correct but the distributions are in random order. When the integration is run - the distributions are incorrect - can be one-sided or even missing. When a restriction is placed on the...

Distribution list display problem
In Exchange 5.5 I was able to create a distribution list and have it appear within the GAL. I can't seem to make this happen in Exchange 2003. Any help would be appreciated. -- Kevin On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 09:46:33 -0700, "KRM1254" <KRM1254@discussions.microsoft.com> hired a team of monkeys to write: >In Exchange 5.5 I was able to create a distribution list and have it appear >within the GAL. I can't seem to make this happen in Exchange 2003. Any help >would be appreciated. You're creating a mail enabled distribution group? Is the object being st...